Chapter 20 Come Back
78 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this battle for the king's power, a father and son fought against each other. I don't know where all this anger arisen. Maybe it was when my father Ledley took me to the temple of God as a child and I saw him staring at me with disappointment, not knowing what I did wrong. Or perhaps it was when Yesel awakened his innate talent, sealing the fate of the heir to the throne. But at this moment, there is no need to worry about such thing. This farce has finally come to an end.

"Dun!" Ledley pulled out his scepter and threw it on the ground. The bone scepter made a muffled sound. He swayed for a moment, and the guards beside him immediately surrounded him in panic.

"King!"

"King of Wisdom!" He pressed the guard beside him hard to prevent himself from falling. After a few breaths, he regained his strength and waved his hand to signal for Ens body to be carried away.

Turning around, Ledley looked at the queen who sat on the ground, unable to even cry. His eyes were full of sorrow. It was too cruel for a mother to see her child die in front of her own eyes, especially when her husband, the child's biological father was the ones who killed him.

"I'm sorry! Really...I'm sorry." Ledley kept apologizing, even though he was not much better than her. He picked up the queen and left the ruins, walking with difficulty, but holding her as tightly as he could. He even bent down, which was not typical of King Ledley, but he didn't care at this moment.

"Let's go!Pray to the mighty God!" All the Sanye people knelt on the ground. Everyone could feel Ledley's sadness, even though he didn't show any expression on his face, let alone any weakness.

The queen began to refuse food and drink, and shortly after she fell into a coma.

"Ens. Where have you been? Why haven't you come home yet? Did you run to the sea to play in the water again? I said I wouldn't allow you to go. Bune. You are playing with your brother again, I won't let you go today, be a good boy." In her dream, she kept seeing what she had said to the children when they were young.

She remembered the expectations she had for them, and the admonitions she gave them when they misbehaved. At that time, she was still young, and the children surrounded her, naive and lovely. Ledley stayed by her side, listening to her words and holding her hand.

It was not until a few days later that the queen suddenly woke up and regained consciousness. This was the return of light. Ledley understood that she had reached the last moment of her life. For a moment, Ledley’s face was extremely emotional, as if he was about to cry, but when the queen opened her eyes and looked at him, he forced a smile.

"You are awake," he said.

The queen also felt that she was out of time, and her consciousness was clear. She looked at Ledley holding his hand and said, "Don't apologize. I don't blame you. I just can't accept... Why did Ens become like this? How did everything become like this?"

The more the queen spoke, the lighter her voice became: "When Yesel comes back, pass the throne to him! You are tired too! It's time to take a long rest."

Ledley nodded and said in a choking voice, "Okay! I will join you soon, darling!" The queen's pupils flashed with a glimmer of light, but the light gradually disappeared. Her bright eyes turned into stone-like gray

Ledley gazed at the queen lying on the stone bed, her body gradually stiffening as she turned into a stone sculpture from the inside out. The queen was dead, dealing yet another huge blow to Ledley, who had already lost his two sons and now his favorite person.

At that moment, an urgent shout could be heard from outside, followed by a noisy argument. Someone was trying to rush in but was blocked by the kings guard.

"The great king of wisdom," Familiar cries were heard, outside the king estate main door.

"How could you not have foreseen this?

How could Ens do this? How could he kill his flesh and blood?

Had he gone mad?" Some were sincere, while others seemed to be throwing tantrum.

Finally, Ledley remaining two sons and two daughters, along with their children and grandchildren, were allowed in. Without looking back, Ledley said, "Let them in." The family poured into the room and saw the dead queen, causing the noisy voices to stop instantly. After a long time, someone whispered, "Mother?"

Ledley’s eyes were full of sadness as he spoke to the children. "It's all over. Look at your mother, it’s her end. Children, say goodbye to her." He then slowly walked out of the estate, bypassing the collapsed Palace of Wisdom and entering a secret room full of murals.

Once inside, he closed the stone door and sat alone in the darkness. Ledley removed his crown of wisdom and began to engrave an oath on it. As he continued to engrave the words, he realized that his mentality was completely different at this moment. When he had engraved his previous words, he had been proud and full of himself. But now, he felt only sadness. He had ignored so much and lost so much. He had not noticed it before.

"God said, Ledley!" he spoke aloud. "The gully of desire won't be satisfied just by giving enough. The mountain of resentment won't disappear because of kindness." After finishing this sentence, he couldn't help but break down in tears.

"God!" he cried out in anguish.

"Do you know now?" God asked.

"Unfortunately, I didn't follow your guidance," he replied. In truth, he had faintly heard God's meaning at that time, but he hadn't wanted to believe it.

Perhaps God knew this and sighed along with him. It had taken him a long time to recover from his sadness. Although his face showed no emotion, he continued to engrave the crown of wisdom bit by bit.

He didn't want to hear what had happened in the outside world, nor did he want to pay attention to anything else. He only wanted to carve the covenant between himself and God.

After many days, Ledley finally emerged from the secret room. The people around him handed him the scepter and informed him that the funeral had been arranged.

But Ledley stopped them. He lifted the crown of wisdom and spoke loudly.

"Yesel!" his voice echoed across the sea.

"Have you found the motherland? If you have, come back at once!"

Extra Chapter on Patreon!!

0