Weak and Fragile 4
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER FOUR

After Mrs Naya Banfield left , Anna the witch waited for awhile to confirm if she had actually left , when she couldn't hear her footsteps nor feel her presence . She concluded within her that truly her visitor have gone far away .

She pulled out a crystal orbe from her robe fiddling with it , not long a translucent image of a woman in black cloak appeared which is the outcome of a light that glowed from the crystal orbe. With anger in her voice she said ,

" Anna , what is it this time ?.

I thought we agreed not to contact each other. "

" Keep it low Diana .

Calm down and hear me out .

It has been years since we agreed on that, can't I just contact you as old time friends? "

Anna said jokingly.

" Since when do start you calling me out for chit-chat ?.

I know you want something from me Anna. Say it , I don't have time for pleasantries ."

Diana said dryly.

" ho-ho-ho-ho ..

You never fail to amaze me Diana .

I can't believe that you still knows my personality after all these years.

Anyways, I need your help to save a man "

" who's that ?

Your new lover?"

Diana said keeping a straight face .

" Oh!. Spare me that sermon Diana ,

I'm too old to tangle with love and it's too troublesome…"

"...."

Diana's eyes twitched when she heard those words. She wondered why Anna as youthful as she looks called herself 'old' while she is far more older than Anna. What will she now refer herself as ?- An old monster .

Diana thought, laughing inwardly.

"...I need your help to save Salvador Banfield, the old man is dying. A friend asked me to help out and you know the reason why I can't move , those bastards are still looking for me"

" Oh wow!. who knows that you are so popular among men that you hid yourself till date .I will help you just this once and remember that you owe me. "

Diana said and the Orbe which was glowing previously deemed taking away the projection of the woman with it.  After the image cleared off, Anna walked close to a wall twisting the head of a statue on the wall which in turn revealed a secret room.

Light glowed from the secret room illuminating the whole place . The entrance of the secret room glowed with light which seemed to be revolving and rotating. She stepped in , revealing a well decorated room with different types of creatures carved on the wall which seems as if they are alive if one keeps a persistent stare on it. As she stepped in  fully , the entrance closed . Without hesitation, she walked towards the altar before her to summon her fellow witches.

*****

( Greenwood : Town hall)

Highly dressed people gathered in a meeting to discuss the welfare and the recent happenings, especially the refusal of the royal family to make Greenwood town a city. They're ten in number and consist of both men and women. They are known as the 'Town's representatives' and they mostly run the affairs of the town.

Naya Banfield is seen among these people as her voice could be heard loudly amongst them.

"We have written to the royal family several times on this matter and till now, we haven't heard from them "

 Mrs Agatha van suleca , Ursula's mother said not acting like a Noble at all. 

" What do you think, Mrs Banfield? "

A gentle voice called from a man sitting at the centre of the round table.

Putting on casual clothes that one might mistake him for a servant or a poor church rat but he's one of the richest in town. His name is Carter Run Veron the Town lord.

" There's nothing we can change about the situation at hand .Since the beginning, we have been suppressed through various methods like the blockade that happened more than twenty years ago and now they're boycotting us in some things. It is clear but what can we do ?"

 Mrs Naya Banfield said.

A man who's sitting opposite her dressed  in a  soldier  uniform  answered in frustration.

" If only we can get more men and support from Nobles and military personnel, we can force their hand.

Damn it , in this town there are few soldiers that can use aura to fight and they're not enough "

" Watch your mouth!.

What're you saying, you know this is treason. Are you trying to rebel?

You know that we are part of the kingdom and the subject of the king but you're right , we need help"

Replied Carter Run Veron, the Town's Lord.

In this world , there are two forces and one source - Magic and Aura. Their source originates from  Mana.

Only a person that has/have Mana can use any of these forces . 

The people that use Magic are called casters while those that use Aura are referred to as fighters.

People that possess both the magic and the sources are referred to as witches and wizards but compared to wizards, witches are more powerful. They grow stronger and powerful than any being that has existed but for some reasons, the church wants the witches dead at all cost.

" What do you suggest that we do now ?"

Mrs Naya Banfield asked and all eyes turned to her .

" That's why we are here , to put heads together and come up with a solution. Lord Carter Run Veron, you're our Town's Lord , we seek for your counsel. What do we do in this situation ?.. How do we handle this?"

Another gentle voice called out from the gathering and all eyes fell on him. He smiled delightfully , nodding his head at the Town's Lord and giving him hints to go on and answer his  question. His  name is Chad Hector Whyatt  and He's Vera's Father .

Carter sighed defeated , he's a wise man and his wisdom is beyond measure. It is because of his wisdom and influence towards the Town's people that prompted them to elect him as the Town's Lord.

He came from a Noble and well Respected family - The Run Veron Household.

" In this situation, we need to be careful this time around, else history will repeat itself. I heard that the Saintess is having those dreams again and my aura keeps giving me signs that a powerful witch will rise and history will repeat itself again and this time around it will be the downfall of many "

Carter said before he could realise himself and everyone gasped in shock.

" What are you saying Lord Carter ?

Are you having a fever again?..

Please you need to head home and rest "

Mrs Augustina Basaki said in shock . She's Donna's mother and she's a notorious talkative. Her mouth runs like spring water when she opens it, she gossips a lot and hardly keeps a secret.

Carter sighed again, He thought he was sitting amongst his kind and now he nearly exposed his identity.

His father was a wizard and likewise him . only  his bloodline knows the secret that they have wizardry in their lineage. They birth only males and female birth in their lineage occurs once every century. The males grow to become very powerful wizards in different fields be it in politics, Alchemy, scholars , welding and so on. Although the People of Greenwood town refer to him as a wizard because of his great wisdom and highly intellectual ability , they don't really know that he is actually a wizard and a great one at that.

" Are you listening to us, Lord Carter ?..

Please go home and rest."

It was Naya talking this time around and Carter sighed in relief.

"Oh! Heavens, I was nearly caught"

He said inwardly.

" I'm fine Naya .

I heard something about your daughter . please clarify us Naya "

He said changing the topic and everyone shifted their attention to Naya as she stood up from where she's sitting proudly.

" Lord Carter, you're right .

My daughter Charlotte will get engaged in three days time and I personally came here with  the invitation letter, to invite you all and my Noble friends.

You're all highly invited.

It will be a big ceremony "

She bragged and everyone cheered and hailed her making Naya feel on top of the world.

********

Diana smiled satisfactorily as she looked at her appearance again with her small mirror . She had successfully gained entrance into the military camp and now she had disguised as Salvador's personal maid . After she had successfully knocked her down , she dragged her unconscious body and locked her up in a storage room . Then she brought out her magical wand and casted a spell on herself taking the appearance of the maid .

She smiled again and in confidence, she found her way to the kitchen , where she met Mrs Uya the cook, making lunch .

" Can I get Sir Banfield's lunch , please ?..

He needs it for his afternoon medicine "

Diana said nonchalantly and Mrs Uya became suspicious but she waved it off immediately .

" Sadiqa , what kept you so long ?.

Hansa the pill seller had left after searching for you in vain.

He had gone back to Greenwood."

Mrs Uya said , wiping her wet hands on her apron.

" I was working at the training ground watching the soldiers train "

Diana quickly added because that was where she first met the maid before she lured and knocked her out with her spell.

" Okay , here are the medicine pills, take it with lunch and make sure he takes it .

Call me if there's any new development "

"Yes ma'am Uya"

Diana bowed slightly, taking the tray of food and pills from her .

Slowly she walked out of the Kitchen, she could feel the cook staring weirdly after her .

She hid the pills in her underthings after she had examined it thoroughly.

" Fools, these pills will only make him worse .

It seems the person that poisoned you Mr Banfield is not far away from you. "

She said as she sat closer to where he laid on his bed sleeping peacefully.

She dipped a finger in her hair and brought out a portion in a small bottle -the antidote.

Slowly, she opened his eye lids and administered a few drops of the greenish liquid. She did the same in his nose and lips , after that she watched in satisfaction as his pale complexion gradually returned to normal.

He blinked his eyes and moved his fingers .

" Finally, you're awake .

Weldone Diana , you're a genius "

She praised herself feeling so proud of her achievement .

Mr Salvador Banfield moved his finger again , his eyelids twitching and gradually he opened his eyes and closed it almost immediately , the light was too strong for his eyes. He felt so weak and disoriented , he groaned softly as he tried to move his body but couldn't due to weakness.

" Relax Salvador, you're still weak .

Go to sleep and wake up tomorrow as a healthy man. I'm off , my work is done here "

Diana said and rose to her feet .

" One more thing Salvador, be careful the enemies are watching and they will strike again if you're not vigilante enough "

With that , Diana waved her magical wand and the light emitted from it directly shining on Salvador's face and he fell asleep immediately.

Diana smiled satisfactorily and she disappeared into thin air .

*******

" … Anna I still insist that we lay low for a while and watch the next step of the church . planting a mole in their midst is not a good idea.  Those bastards will find out and  use it against us "

Argued yet another witch . They had been in a heated argument since Anna summoned them . 

" I disagree with Nala , let's act ahead of them before the chosen one awakens. I believe time is not on our side anymore "

Argued yet another witch , some supported while others rebuked the idea . This resulted in a great chaos and misunderstanding amongst them.

Suddenly , a bright light shined in the dark coven they gathered and the door closed behind them opened. They stopped abruptly and turned their attention directly towards the intruder till the light revealed a woman also dressed like them walking majestically towards them.

" Sorry ladies, I'm late for the summons. "

Diana said and the noise resumed almost immediately . she turned and gaze fell on Anna , she gave her a knowing smile but Diana rolled her eyes and looked away yet smiling in satisfaction that she had done a very good job.

1