Book 1, Chapter: 82
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to my patrons: Morpheaus, and RTB <3 <3 <3 Become a patron too and read up to FOUR chapters ahead!: https://www.patreon.com/trashwithglasses

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons, spirits, and vampires’ bodies piled up so tall, that the mountain of corpses rivaled the peaks around itself, and had streams of blood running down its side and staining the river nearby red. The ubiquitous element of every world: war. That’s what I have been born from.

“Hoowl!”, I pushed through guts and entrails and burned corpses and reached the surface with my white fur covered in red. “Hooolw!”, I howled to the skies, announcing my birth to the world. A spirit of war.

From the moment my body spontaneously came into being from the flesh and blood of the fallen warriors of an unnamed war, I had all the skills to murder my predecessors, and twice their bloodlust, but I hadn’t come into being for revenge, no. I was a spirit of war, my rage didn’t need a direction or purpose. I only craved violence.

 

A war in a plain.

Fire breaths falling from the skies transformed the sand bellow into glass, the rock into lava, and instantly carbonized any living material it touched. Monstrosities of leathery wings shot two-meter-long arrows against the flying monsters, just the sheer force of the projectiles was enough to pierce the harder-than-stone scales of the dragons, plus the magical blast after the contact was powerful enough to scatter the clouds above. Giant spirits of all shapes swiped away entire hills with their paws, and changed the course of rivers with their voice.

It was bloody, it was chaotic, it was paradise. And in the middle of that all, there it was me, attacking anyone and everyone I happened to come across.

A huge twenty-meter-tall boar spirit dashed across the battlefield trampling everyone on its path, and I jumped straight into its path.

“WOOF!”, I barked, and the soundwave alone cracked the ivory tusks of the spirit, but it wasn’t shaken enough to stop its trajectory, and came straight to me.

I nimbly avoided the four stomping paws of the creature, and bit at its belly, then ripping it open, and bathing in the blood of the fallen enemy.

A tall winged man, showed up right above me, bearing its fangs and holding a club high up its head, and was about to bash me with its weapon, when huge claws came down from the skies, grabbed the enemy, and split it in half, the dragon responsible for the murder flying away, later to be pursuit by the vampires.

My tail was wagging, my tongue was hanging off my mouth, and my heart was beating so fast, I couldn’t contain the excitement! I had to put it all out! So, I jumped onto the nearest vampire and tore its throat open.

 

A war in the hills.

A dragon protecting its nest. Stones were being thrown from up ahead were crushing soldiers by my left and my right, and fire and lava poured down the slope, burning and swallowing thousands of fighters every time. But the vampires kept pushing through, taking on animal forms and running up the hill, or sprouting wings and flying above the flaming abyss, only to be gobbled up by eagle spirits unceremoniously.

Another feast for the war spirit.

I jumped over the lava, and conjured a solid path beneath my paws, running straight against the four-legged, fire-breathing dragon on top of the hill. The creature noticed my approach and slashed at me with one of its muscular arms, but I jumped on top of it, and ran over its shoulder and to the monster’s throat, where I bit, and didn’t let go.

The dragon got up on its hind legs, grabbing me with one of its paws, piercing my body all over with its claws, but right when I was about to be torn apart, one of the eagles swooped down, and tore one of the eyes of the dragon of its socked, and the monster, in pain, let go of me for long enough for I conjure one of the spells from the bodies that created me, and blast the head of the creature off with a concentrated dragon breath.

The thump that immense body made when it touched the ground mimicked my heartbeat, and I was so overjoyed I couldn’t even feel the wounds in my body. I jumped straight into my next target, however was the closest at the moment, and enjoyed another war to its end, until I was the last one standing.

 

A lonely figure walking through a misty forest.

It wasn’t as exhilarating as an all-out war, but it would have to suffice until I found the next battlefield. While I couldn’t show my true self, at least I could express glimpses of my reality.

I stalked the pray through the wilderness on the side of the road, got right behind it… and pounced!

Just to be caught by a huge tree sprouting from below me, that is, its twirling branches imprisoning my every limb. My tail started to waggle, and I smiled. Perhaps I had been lucky enough to have found an army of a single person! There weren’t many shamans who could reach the third world, after all.

I conjured the concentrated dragon breath, and shot it straight against the mysterious cloaked figure.

 

I stared at the tree canopies hundreds of meters above me, as I bled out, without my fore and hind legs, and with my ribs all broken, staring at death’s door.

“…Are you satisfied yet, spirit of war?”, the hooded figure asked, looking down on me.

“My only wish is to wage battle. Living or dying are meaningless in the face of this higher purpose”, I answered, breathing hard. Bones had pierced my lungs.

“A higher purpose worth dying for… This is not it. But I can give it to you. A real war. One that is truer than this world… A war against a God.”

0