Chapter 5: Sympathy?
231 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Man is a very scary and greedy creature, but at the same time kind and harmless. I have come to understand, in a sense, how the human mind works. Circumstances are the main driving force for everything, and I believe that one cannot be inherently good or evil. Rather, a person's goodness or evilness towards others comes from the circumstances in their life. One of the main truths in life is that we are all born equal, but what surrounds us from childhood constructs us. For example, a person born into a family where murder is normal would likely view murder in the same way.

One of the terrible traits of a person's character is when that person puts themselves above others. When a person realizes that they can dispose of the life and death of another, they become possessed by arrogance. They may not even notice how they devalue other people's lives, and even naturally good people may gradually sink into this swamp after the first time.

When I set out on a mission to clean up a messy place where the main character would be in the future, I subconsciously resisted murder, even though I don't consider myself kind. Upon arriving at my destination after three hours of searching, I found an inconspicuous five-story building on the outskirts of the city. Not many people were walking around there, but sometimes you could see some people with bags going in and out of the regular building. There were about 40-50 ordinary people and three with first level signs in the novel. For a first level sign, ordinary people are not a problem but those three were. One of them was an assassin, another a swordsman, and the third a fighter. This place is the property of one of the villains who is part of the dark organization. Now he follows his boss's orders to build a hidden slave-trade auction for children and to serve him well. According to the novel, by destroying this place, the hero becomes the target of this villain.

However, the hero didn't want to kill them either because he's a righteous man. But he ended up seeing something he shouldn't have and straightened out; what he saw in the novel doesn't say, but it's worth checking out.

After a long period of observation, I decided to act covertly by sneaking in through the roof of the missions. In an effort to shield myself from the thought of murder, I began to plan my way into their lair. Touching the mask, which was a simple black mask with a chaos pattern, I shook it off lightly, making sure everything was firmly seated, and began to move. Flat walls used to be problematic for me, but now with my current strength, there was no problem.

Jumping from one building roof to another, I soon found myself in the surrounding area. The novel said there were plants growing inside buildings or the like, but there was also a secret passage to an underground dungeon where children were held, and there in one of the cells happened what the hero couldn't take. Carefully bypassing the guards on the roof, I slipped inside. Going down to the third floor, I noticed that a group of people had gathered there and were discussing something, but I couldn't understand what they were talking about.

As I was listening to them talk, I noticed two people who were standing rapturously and staring out the window without saying a word. They had a very rich facial expression, and it made me sick to see their faces. Justifying this, a man entered the room with a playful expression on his face. "Oh, everyone's here, I see you can't wait to see the next show. So I won't bore you, let's get started!"

As he finished speaking, a crying boy of 11 or 12 years old and a bitterly crying middle-aged woman were dragged into the room. As soon as this happened, everyone gathered in the room with the window started screaming. And what did these people experience to shout such words out loud? What circumstances caused them to become so? What event led to this outcome?

An equally frightening trait of man is the reverse jackal. No matter how kind or so to speak, a person of good moral character, so responsive, unselfish, or cowardly, everyone would have the opposite scale. You might say that as soon as you touch that reverse scale, you get not a person, but the devil himself, clamped firmly at your throat.

In my stupor, I felt a burning sensation in my chest and a familiar anger, but much stronger. Gritting my teeth, I felt my doubts, fear, and sympathy disappear as if it had never happened. My mind was only focused on "destroy this evil thing, so there won't be any dust left..."

5