Chapter 14: Question?
125 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Same room and same number. Once inside, I was surprised to find that there was someone here who I hadn't expected. Although I had assumed that Mike might tell someone about yesterday's class. But not the principal.

Emilia Nymeron looked at me with doubt in her eyes.

As soon as I closed the door, it started talking without even saying hello.

"Mr. Hart, I learned that you taught a lesson yesterday without explaining anything to the students or teaching them. I know this is just the beginning of lessons, but could you be more responsible?"

It's pretty clear who's to blame for this, although I'm still lacking in knowledge, but still the logic of the prodding I understand. The key to everything is to teach someone to think for themselves. It's a natural skill in adult life for most people, but teens and children are another matter.

If a teenager has been taught to memorize everything systematically by heart since they were virgins, they are not going to learn how to think. An example of this is the teacher asks a question, and the student answers it the standard textbook way, without thinking about whether there is an easier way or a different point of view altogether.

Although science is very well developed in this world, many of the concepts may even be more backward than my overblown life.

I looked at the principal, it's natural to be a little arrogant if you've achieved something that others at the same age couldn't. But still you have to consider a lot of the factor that drove you to it.

"Director, let me ask you exactly what you heard."

The principal hesitated, then answered.

"I heard that you asked a pointless question and waited more than half the class for an answer."

Upon hearing it, I turned my head toward the students already seated with a questioning twist of my face and said.

"Is the question I asked meaningless?"

Not knowing what to say some students sat quietly, but there are always those who do something just for fun.

"Yes Mr. Hart your question was meaningless, why should we think what mistake you made we are here to learn and gain knowledge!"

I looked at this student, oddly enough I saw a typical bully in the second generation. Probably even a member of our sophomore villain Mike's team.

"So you're saying the question is pointless and you're here to gain knowledge, so answer my question what will you do after you graduate from the academy?"

He was confused, but immediately regained his composure and said.

"Of course, to start my own guild and become a better hunter."

I expected such an answer; many people want to become hunters and do. But of those, only a small number become famous and powerful.

"Then what are you doing here? You could have gone to other teachers' classes and not been sitting here."

What is surprising and funny he quickly replied looking very confident and proud.

"I'm here because I want to go deeper into magic and create my own unique attribute."

"Pfff...."

I couldn't contain my laughter, even though I've only been here 4-5 days, but I already knew the worldview of this world. And also deepened my understanding of some things by coming here.

Upon hearing my light laughter, both the principal and the student changed their facial expressions. In particular, the principal said in a very cold voice, which disappointed me.

"Mr. Hart, don't make fun of a student's ambition, it is not befitting of a teacher of the Rabe Academies."

Looking into the principal's face I became increasingly disappointed, in the novel she looked like a very intelligent woman, what had now happened to her.

She wanted to continue, but I interrupted him.

"Director you got me wrong, this is not deliberate laughter. Since he says these things without even realizing it. You know how difficult and dangerous it is to learn a new attribute. Then there's this student who says my question doesn't make sense. I am not making fun of his ambition to become a hunter, but it is the deeper study of magic. You should know better than I do, Headmaster."

This time the headmaster was silent and pointed to me to continue. I turned to my student.

"If one is incapable of seeing such ordinary and natural things, how can you study it more deeply. My question was meaningless only to those who don't understand it, so what does it take to study anything. The main truth is to ask questions and try to answer them. It's not about asking a meaningless question, it's about understanding why we ask questions."

"The day before yesterday we asked the first question, after which we got a lot of answers. Yesterday I asked the second question, after which we also got an answer. And there were new questions as well, in case you didn't understand that just by listening. Either it wasn't interesting to you and you're here to waste your time, or you're too stupid for that. That's why I laugh."

Finishing with a smile, I turned to the principal.

"Director, what do you think of this."

Looking at me the principal was silent, I don't know what she was thinking. After a few seconds, she walked out of the classroom leaving a few words.

"I understand your point of view, but don't put pressure on the students."

I don't know if she was angry or something else, looking back at the student he sat quietly.

"So what do you think, are you ready to learn magic or not?"

He said nothing in response to my question and walked out of the classroom showing his choice. Turning my gaze to the other students I watched for a few seconds.

"So where were we yesterday? Ah mana for sure."

Looking at the board there was nothing there so I had to write the word 'mana' again.

"The first question is how many basic attributes do we know?"

My question was answered to my surprise by a hand raised by the owner that I didn't expect. Milicia Avaydon is the partner of this body.

At my gesture she rose to answer, meanwhile I turned to the board to write.

"We know four majors, two majors, and one special."

As soon as she said one special I stopped and looked at her. The thing about the special attribute is that no one talks about the special attribute until year 2. Then the protagonist discovers this attribute in himself during a tournament fight when he heals his wound in a crisis.

She looked at me and continued.

"The four main ones are fire, earth, wind, and water."

I narrowed my eyes slightly and wondered if she really knew.

"The two higher attributes are light and darkness."

I watched her carefully, wanting to hear if she would tell me what most people in this world don't know.

"And the last special one is ... lightning, it is special in that very few people can use it. This attribute is very dangerous because it is created by mixing 3 attributes and very few people know these attributes and their proportions.

Hearing the answer I inhaled, well that's what I know.....

But when I turned my head to write listing the attributes I didn't notice her facial expression....

3