60 – Progress on the new games
6.5k 35 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After closing the store and saying goodbye to my customers, I floated off to my 'Workshop,' leaving my body behind while I focused all my mind on the tasks at hand.

Finding myself in both a dark expanse and in many games simultaneously, I recombined all of the fragments of my mind back into my central consciousness.

Feeling whole once more, I decided to focus the power of my entire mind on a single project at a time instead of having only fragments work on multiple projects at a time.

Starting with Minecraft was honestly the simplest of the bunch, as it was essentially just procedural generation. However, I found a few...problems with that approach.

For example, creating an Earth-sized world with Procedural Generation without setting forth limits was...disastrous. Imagine this: you are walking through a jungle, and everything seems to be okay until you spot a pillar of rock that sharply rises into the sky, which is only a meter in diameter. These...oddities exist everywhere, making a chaotic landscape where in one patch of land, a pillar of stone and rock could be seen piercing the heavens, while right next to it, a mile of 'Ocean.'

Sure, some players would enjoy such chaotic landscapes, but the average player would more than likely dislike it.

So, I was putting into place 'Limits' towards this procedural generation by making a sort of...template, that the players could choose.

The following, for example, were the options of generation the players could choose.

/=======+=======\

[World Name]

Game Mode: [Survival] [Creative (Achievements will be disabled)]

Difficulty: [Easy (0.25x)], [Normal (1x)], [Hard (2x)], [Hardcore (10x)]

World Type: [Default], [Superflat], [Large Biomes], [Amplified], [Chaos]

Random Seed: -

Bonus Chest: [Yes] [No]

[Data Packs]

\=======+=======/

Simple and a lot like the default world creation tab that could be seen in Minecraft. However, there were some differences, such as the point modifier in the difficulty section that would give the players more or fewer points based on the difficulty they were playing on. Other than that, I made very few changes as I wanted to keep the game as close to the original as I could while making it more realistic.

So, of course, I made two versions just like I had for some of the other games, a Classic and Default mode.

The classic mode would basically be a realistic-looking Minecraft with the same mechanics that I was used to, which originated from the original game, such as floating trees, etc. While the 'Default' mode would be more like the modpack, RLCraft, where trees are more realistic and can fall.

Of course the two game modes really only differed with appearance. Classic Mode had the more blocky look of Minecraft, while the Default had a more realistic appearance. Other than those, there were only a few tweaks to the mechanics, so they were quite similar to each other, and it would only come down to the preferences of the players.

Making the fixes and adjustments only took me a few minutes, making Minecraft the first of the trio ready to be played.

Then I moved on to the second closest to being done, Resident Evil.

It would have actually been the first one done if Minecraft had taken any longer to complete due to the series featuring relatively small locations compared to everything I have done so far.

The only reason I have had any trouble with Resident Evil was that I was trying to understand the plot and lore, which can be confusing at best and downright incomprehensible at worst.

However, I did eventually wrap my head around it, which wasn't as hard as I expected, in all honesty, especially with the information buying the game actually gave me.

I think if I actually wanted to, I could physically recreate anything in the games in the real world instead of using the system, but to be frank, that sounds exhausting, plus boring. It's not like I would even need to, as for every sale I make, I make a profit large enough to buy the item again from the System and have some points left over.

When the clock hit 3 AM, I was finished with Minecraft, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3.

Resident Evil 0, while the fifth release in the series, was actually the first in chronological order. So, it's the one I created first. Then Resident Evil 1 starred that creepy-ass mansion, 2 with Raccoon City, and 3 also in Raccoon City.

Some of the items from the games that I introduced into my store from those two games were along the lines of raw materials such as ores, food, or blocks from Minecraft, while I introduced basic firearms from Resident Evil into the store along with ammo.

However, the rarer or more dangerous items from the two games could only be purchased from the Credit Store, such as Golden Apples or Totems of Undying from Minecraft, or refined T-Viruses and an assortment of modern firearms and equipment from Resident Evil.

Of course, I had to modify the assortment of viruses that could be available to the customers to a very select few to prevent a biological apocalypse from occurring outside my Cafe. Of the serums and engineered bio-weapons, the only ones that can be purchased are ones that would be low-risk or were 'refined' and couldn't be reproduced to the unique materials they were made from. Even then, these specific serums would only enhance or give someone abilities, not turn them into some kind of super-zombie like Wesker.

Even then, I was wondering if I should remove all of the serums available on the Credit Store as a sort of failsafe to prevent my customers from reverse-engineering the items. Though it's entirely possible that some may try regardless of whether the items were available in the store or not, such was humanity's greed.

Deciding to leave that matter for later, I focused on the last of the Games.

Elder Scrolls.

Arguably the hardest of the bunch, not just because of the large worlds and its own unique and comprehensive lore, but also because of the many different races, Et'Ada, Magic, and more. It was a high fantasy world with Dragons, Gods, and so much more.

And what better than to start with the first game in the series that I played? Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

With this series of games, I was attempting to try a new approach; instead of going with the chronological order, what if I went with the most 'refined' games first?

Sure, with Bethesda magic, there's no such thing as a bug-less Elder Scrolls game, but those are...features. 

I was half-tempted to leave such...features of Tod Howard's Magic, perhaps I would leave them in on Classic Mode. Though that did remind me of something, whatever happened with me telling Batman about Tod? Hopefully, that poor fool doesn't exist here, or he's in for a rude awakening.

...

Meanwhile, in Boston, a particular man in a black costume could be seen stalking a man in the middle of the night.

...

Regardless, it should get Batman off my back for a bit until he decides to try and 'contain' me. I'm betting the man has already started contacting the more...magic of the human population to see if he can glean any information about me. However, that does make me wonder why I have not been confronted by the more Magical population yet. Especially the strong ones, such as Dr. Fate or the Ancient One; they certainly should have noticed my presence on Earth.

Getting back on topic, Skyrim. Well. I think I made it too difficult.

You see, Dragons across the games come in a variety of sizes. In ESO, Elder Scrolls Online, Dragons are gigantic behemoths of monsters, while in Skyrim, they rival a truck in size. So, I ended up increasing the size of the dragons to be more like a school bus. After running some simulated battles between a basic dragon and Imperial Soldiers, I found that the Imperial Soldiers were always decimated within seconds by the Dragon's shouts.

Which...I guess I was accurate, seeing as Alduin was said to be a literal World Destroyer and that Dragons, at one point in time, ruled over all of Skyrim due to how strong and unbeatable they were.

After dozens more of simulated battles, I found that the Dragons were seemingly unbeatable by normal men even when limited to tooth and claw, but with access to their Thu'um, a single dragon could take on an army and come out unscathed, truly making you wonder how strong the Ancient Nords of Skyrim were to be able to take down the dragons and take back their home.

As I continued my testing and tweaking, the morning soon arose.

214