Chapter 2: hunger
827 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazuya felt, weak heat rose in the abdomen and flowed towards all parts of the body, bringing a sense of warmth.

"What's this?"

Kazuya felt as if his body was soaked in warm water, warm and itchy.

"From the stomach."

Kazuya touched the position of his stomach, and couldn't help frowning, "Is there something wrong with the stomach? But it doesn't feel like pain."

The heat flow lasted for about seven or eight seconds and then began to weaken until all the heat flow disappeared. Feeling nothing anymore, Kazuya didn't worry much, and lay there quietly, looking a little bored.

Not long after, his sister came back, put down the dinner plate, took out the laptop from the backpack, and asked, "Kazuya, aren't you going to sleep now?"

Kazuya shook his head and said, "I'm not sleepy at all now."

"Okay, I'm writing a manuscript."

Chiaki put the laptop on the bedside table, arched her back, and looked at the computer awkwardly.

Chiaki was now the text editor of News Daily, City Z Branch, responsible for reviewing and writing News Daily, Z City Branch.

Kazuya looked at Chiaki's posture and said, "Sister, is this uncomfortable? Why don't you come to bed, prop up the dining table, and sit on the bed and type."

Saying that, Kazuya moved his body side.

Chiaki nodded, got on the bed, sat next to Kazuya, leaned against the back of the bed, and put the dining table on her thigh.

Kazuya helped to raise the back of the bed, Chiaki leaned against the quilt, and put the laptop on the dining table, making typing much easier.

Chiaki was typing, while Kazuya was lying beside her because of the narrowness of the hospital bed, their bodies were tightly pressed together.

Kazuya could feel the warmth of Chiaki's body, and this warm feeling made Kazuya relieved.

Coming to this world, Kazuya wasn't able to adapt, and his heart was always haunted by sadness and fear.

Sadness was the nostalgia for the previous world, the sadness of not being able to see relatives and friends.

Fear of ever-present disaster in this world, the worry about the unknown.

As the only relative in this world, Xia Dong, who inherited Kazuya's memory, could only ease this part of his emotions when he relies on Chiaki.

Kazuya looked at Chiaki's serious face, slowly leaned his head on her shoulder, and took out his mobile phone to read carefully.

"At 5:25 p.m. yesterday, a monster attacked the commercial street and caused huge damage. The police cooperated with the hero to kill him."

The news page showed a huge gopher, about seven or eight meters high, capable of breaking through concrete floors.

 

On firday, they wasn't any classes on afternoon, so Kazuya went to the commercial street to buy some things but was attacked by this gopher, becoming injured and unconscious.

"There were also attacks today."

Kazuya continued to browse the news. Today, City Z was attacked by a huge tree demon. The tree demon came from the forest in the west, so it caused damage on the edge of the city.

There were small-scale attacks almost every day.

Most of the attacks were relatively small in scale, and the damage was not too large, but the casualties were not small.

'What a dangerous city.'

Kazuya browsed the social networking site and found that everyone was used to this, and many topics were discussing heroes.

The Hero Association has not yet been established, but many people have already made a list of heroes.

Ranked number one is Blast. This hero has long been famous and has solved countless huge disasters.

(The Blast appeared eighteen years earlier in the original book.)

Although Blast hardly appeared in front of the media, the Tornado of Terror has personally admitted his existence and admired him endlessly.

The second was the Tornado of Terror. In terms of status in the hearts of everyone, she was already number one in the world, and her superpower was Psychokinesis.

There were also Metal Knight, Sliver Fang, and Wind of Death. Right now, they two are called 'Martial Brothers', etc., as well as the Sweet Mask in the future.

Most of the other S-level heroes have not shown their full strength, and their fame has been overshadowed by a large number of ordinary heroes.

"Fortunately, there are still these people."

Kazuya breathed out, although this world was dangerous, these people were guarding it, which reassured Kazuya.

Kazuya doesn't expect to be a hero. Without an excellent IQ, superpowers, and cultivated self, he cannot become a hero.

He may try to train Saitama's method in the future, but what he had to do now was to find a good job after graduation to relieve the pressure on his sister.

Not long after, the nurse brought today's daily bill, which were injections, treatments, and all prices were recorded on it.

Chiaki took the bill, glanced at the last figure, calculated it, and her eyes darkened.

"A lot?" Kazuya couldn't help asking.

"Not much," Chiaki immediately put the bill aside, and said with a smile: "On the contrary, it's a little less, I thought it would be more."

Kazuya knew she was lying, her expression showed everything,

But he didn't say much, he just waited to go to work in the future, and then he would do gave her good life.

An hour later, Kazuya suddenly felt a sense of hunger coming from his stomach.

"Have I become hungry this fast?"

Kazuya couldn't help frowning. After eating a box of tamagoyaki and four rice balls by himself, he was hungry after an hour.

Hungry too fast.

In his previous life, he dared to participate in the Big Eater Competition because he could eat a lot, and the reason for eating a lot was not that he could digest fast, but because of the size of his stomach, which could expand a lot.

When eating, his stomach could expand up to sixty-eight times, and his body could expand ten times or twenty times, so he could eat a lot.

However, his digestion was not fast, it takes a long time to be hungry after eating, and he had to go to the toilet several times a day. Even if he eats less, he won't feel hungry.

Human hunger was due to the lack of sugar in the body. The human body breaks down food into sugar to provide energy for the body. When the sugar decomposes from food, it cannot provide energy. Thus, the blood sugar level decreases, and people will feel hungry.

Of course, the appearance of hunger may also be related to the lack of gastrin and other vital elements.

Many people take the full nutrient solution. They don't eat for a week, and do not feel hungry.

But the food he ate was enough to supply his body with energy for four to six hours, so why does he get hungry so quickly?

'Let's buy something.'

Kazuya thought about getting up from bed, and said, "Sister, I'm going to the convenience store, I'm a little hungry."

"Hungry? So fast?" Chiaki looket at Kazuya in surprise, "Kazuya, you eaten a lot?"

"Well, I don't know why I became very hungry." Kazuya scratched his head.

"Well, it's good you ablw to eat," Chiaki directly reached out and took out a 10,000 yen bill from the wallet next to it, handed it to Kazuya, and said, "You go to the convenience store to buy something."

"No, I still have money."

Kazuya smiled and said that he still had 2,000 yen in cash with him, enough to buy some food.

"Take it," Chiaki directly pressed the money into Kazuya's hand, then retracted her body, and continued to type on the computer.

"Thank you sister," Kazuya took the money and put it in his pocket.

Getting hungry, Kazuya left the ward and went down the elevator to the lobby on the first floor. There was a guard with a gun, his eyes swept over Kazuya, and then let him leave.

28