Chapter 5 : The Knights Who have No Respect
312 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of the notification system disturbed my sleep.

I tried to open my eyes and saw a holographic screen with a warning text.

[WARNING]

[THERE HAS BEEN A FEUD BETWEEN DIANA’S KNIGHT AND LUCIEN IN FRONT OF THE GREENHOUSE]

[TASK : PROTECT MIDDLEMIST RED]

My eyes bulged as I read the notification. I immediately got up and sure enough, my head was throbbing violently.

Oh my God, I held my head then slowly lowered my legs from the bed.

I didn’t pay attention to the room where I was resting. Clearly, this was the cottage near Riley’s greenhouse, because I could hear the feud between the men outside.

My hand quickly picked up a wooden stick near the door. I didn’t want to know what use it was there. What was certain was that I would use this stick to hit those stubborn men.

When I opened the door, I saw about five knights standing in front of Lucien.

“You’re just her warden, you should be watching her instead of protecting her!” One of the knights exclaimed.

Lucien did not answer. He just stared at the knights with a calm gaze.

I’m sure that if they were to face Lucien, it would probably only be a matter of minutes before they too would fall. The royal knight’s strength must be stronger than the noble knights.

“Move aside, this is Lady Diana’s order!” Another knight exclaimed.

“I only receive orders directly from the Crown Prince, Lady Diana is not my superior.” Lucien replied very calmly.

“What? Lady Diana is the future Crown Princess, your future superior. If you defy her, it is the same as defying the Crown Prince.” The other knight snapped at Lucien with his fierce face.

Didn’t these knights realize that the person in front of them was a royal knight?

“Still a ‘candidate’ Sir, not yet a crown princess. Her orders are not absolute for me to follow.” Lucien answered again.

The wrong answer. I snorted in amusement at the attitude of the Zoldhagy knights who looked very annoyed with Lucien’s attitude.

“Get out of my way! If there’s a commotion here, it’s your responsibility!” One of the knights drew his sword.

Lucien just looked at the knight calmly.

This is not good. I walked up to the men calmly.

“What have you come here for?” I asked as I walked calmly towards them.

I looked at Lucien’s face. His calm face looked surprised and then turned into a look of worry.

[Lucien Draxian]

[Job: Royal Knight]

[Level: 2] [Experience Point: 20%]

[Concern: 20] [Nonchalant: ???]

[Trust: 10] [Doubt: ???]

I was surprised to see Lucien’s data. Already level 2? So fast. Is it because he helped me?

“We were asked to retrieve middlemist red from your garden, Zero!” said one of the knights with an annoyed face.

Lucien looked at the knight who spoke disrespectfully to me. His eyes looked annoyed and his forehead was furrowed.

I wanted to laugh. To Lucien, it seemed like the knights’ attitude was really disturbing his knightly soul that was very loyal to his master.

“Oh, is it necessary to bring 5 people here?” I asked with a furrowed brow and stood before Lucien.

They grinned. “Yes, we might as well spoil your flowers!” Their laughter broke out. It seemed like they were very excited to disturb me.

I fell silent at their answer. Oh, punishment for calling her ‘Bitch’?

“Well, if you want to take the middlemist red seedlings, at least bring Diana’s gardener! I’m not sure if you take the middlemist with your rough hands, it will survive.” I waved my hand in front of the knights in a repelling gesture.

“You’re ordering us around?”

“Yes.” I answered calmly.

“Hey, Zero you’re a nobody here no one will obey your orders except that disgusting rat!”

“Disgusting rats?” I frowned. Who were they referring to? Couldn’t it be Lucien? I glanced at the man out of the corner of my eye.

I was shocked. His face was red with anger, the veins of his neck were out and his forehead was furrowed and his jaws were tightened. It looked like this man was very angry. Very, very angry.

“My Lady! Why don’t you rest inside?” Sorcha came over with a basin of warm water, and a towel.

Her breathing was labored, her forehead furrowed with anxiety. It looked like she was running with all her might.

“Oh, the Rat’s here!” One of the knights laughed as he saw Sorcha coming and stood next to me.

Sorcha was surprised to hear the knights call her ‘Rat’. Then she looked down sluggishly and hugged the basin.

I felt a gloomy aura emanating from Sorcha. This girl also seemed to be bullied by the servants and knights of Zoldhagy.

My eyes returned to the knights who were laughing out loud in front of me. Why was I so upset to see them? What kind of punishment should these brats with no manners receive?

I paused and then smiled. Well, how about …. I raised my staff and with all my might hit one of them on the head.

The knight’s head bled instantly. Their laughter stopped and they looked at their friend who fell at my feet with shocked faces.

“Zero?” The knight whose head I hit with the wooden beam looked at me angrily. Fresh blood was running down his face.

I grinned. A sight I hadn’t seen in a long time. How interesting.

[Andre Drost]

[Background: Andre Drost is one of Diana’s knights who is very obedient and loyal. He hates Riley and always invites his friends to bully Riley. He never got punished by Ervin for his behavior. This is because Diana always defends him. So she freely treats Riley like a toy].

[Level: 10] [Experience Point: 30%]

[Job: Knight of Marquess of Zoldhager]

[Care: 10] [Nonchalant: 40]

[Trust: 10] [Doubt: 30]

Gosh, do you hate Riley that much? I snorted as I finished reading the status of this guy in front of me on the screen.

“Hey, listen to me!” I lifted my foot and stomped on Andre’s face.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that the knights, Sorcha, and Lucien seemed to be surprised by my attitude. However, to hell with it all.

My head was hurting, my body also felt very crushed because of this fever. Hearing and seeing the behavior of the knights who had no manners towards me, who was the daughter of the nobles they served, made my blood boil.

I tried to hold it in. However, hearing the title ‘Rat’ for Sorcha. My defenses began to crumble.

“I will not question how insolent you are to me, Andre Drost! However, if you insult my people. Remember one thing!” I lifted my foot from the disrespectful knight’s face. Then, I bent down and brought my face close to his face that was filthy with blood and dirt. “I’ll cut out your tongue, understand!” I threatened with a grin.

“Spit.”

This insolent knight spat in my face. He got up, then straightened his clothes and covered his wound with his handkerchief.

Sorcha approached me and helped me clean up the spit on my face. Her face looked very worried. Damn it.

“How can a knight demean his master like this? Judging from your manners, it’s actually you who should be called ‘zero’ here, not Lady Riley?” Lucien raised his voice. He clenched his hands until his knuckles turned white.

Andre snorted. “Lady? You call that talentless woman ‘Lady’? What lady doesn’t have the support of the nobles, buddy? Look at that lady in front of you!”

I glared angrily at Andre.

"Even a lowly nobles wouldn't want to lend their support to that failed woman before you." Andre burst out laughing and was joined by the other knights.

"You'd better treat your wounds, sir!" said Sorcha softly.

The girl's brow furrowed at the sight of Andre's blood running down the man's face.

"Shut up, rat!" Andre snapped at Sorcha.

The girl was startled and then she looked down sluggishly.

I sighed. "Stay out of trouble, treat your wounds and come back here with Diana's gardener!"

I hate men like this. Too much talk.

"We'll take it!" Andre still insisted on going inside Riley's greenhouse.

This is how it is when children are not taught manners. How annoying.

He ignored my threats, daring to call Sorcha a ‘rat’. Again! How much patience do I have to endure to deal with a man with the behavior of children like this?

I can’t carry out my plan if they don’t leave. What should I do?

“You are free to decide what you will do.” Merea suddenly appeared next to my head.

‘When you say free? I don’t know how free I’ll act. Riley’s reputation will get worse, if ….’

“You don’t need to think about Riley’s reputation, that girl already has a bad reputation in the eyes of the residents of this house!” Merea frowned, she looked very sad as she told me about Riley’s reputation in this house.

I paused then closed my eyes, trying to think of what I could do to drive them away. Do I need to carry out my threat earlier?

Ah, no. That would be too sadistic. There’s Sorcha, it’s dangerous for her to see my sadism when I cut out the damn kid’s tongue.

My eyes glanced at the wooden stick I was holding.

“Move!” Andre grabbed my shoulder and pushed me.

Lucien’s hand swiftly caught my body. I immediately got up and pulled Andre’s shirt..

The man looked at me fiercely. “Take your filthy hands off ….” The expression on his face immediately changed when he saw me.

I don’t know what the expression on my face is like now. My anger was already at its peak. I grinned widely, the wooden stick that was in my hand, I gripped tightly.

They say, even if you’re weak. If anger has taken over your mind, your strength will increase many times over. Let’s prove it!

14