Section 1- Common Dragons
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragons are great beasts that rule the skies. Though not rare, it is common for someone to go decades without seeing a single one of these beasts. Though they are called beasts, they actually tend to be more intelligent than most humanoid races and tend to be magically gifted making them incredibly dangerous when angered or extremely helpful when pleased.

In many tales of the ancient empires dragons were used in the army as air units, causing massive amounts of damage to enemy infantry and some being used as scouts. Sadly, the art of dragon taming was lost when the Resonance caused the world to split itself in two.

Some dragons have been known to be reborn as another dragon, how this happens in unknown, but it may have something to do with the inheritance of the soul.



There are multiple types of dragons, each with their own specialty. The rarest of such was, at one time, the now extinct primordials. Now the rarest are the true dragons, the ones told in old stories and the ones that were almost hunted to extinction during the age of heros.

The section on heros will explain the reason of such in greater details, but the short version is that the heros tended to have either a strange hatred or incredible lust for the dragons, both of which had unforeseen… consequences.

The main dragonoid races consist of the Fey dragons, Mana dragons, Wyverns, dragon aves, and true dragons. There are other dragonoids such as primordial dragons and the theorised cosmic dragons, but those will be covered in another section entirely.

First are the Fey dragons. Like their name implies, they are strongly related to the Fey, being elves, gnomes, fairies, and spirits. In many branches of Fey culture and religion these dragons are worshipped and loved and it is not uncommon to see a Fey village housing a young Fey dragon in hopes that it blesses their lands once it reaches maturity.

Fey dragons tend to be very reclusive at older ages, but I had a chance to meet one through an ancient dragon tamer, also known as the champion of the woods or the hero Davenport.  Fey dragons commonly have a soft fur pelt with four legs and a long body without any wings and instead, use wind spirits to fly. Young Fey dragons tend to have a very catlike pelt and house very tender, if not extremely curious, personalities and can quickly learn how to speak through spirits. Meanwhile, adult Fey dragons show extreme variation.

The older females tend to have very beautiful fur and have very… *ahem* dominant personalities that assist them in being very proficient in utilising the stubborn spirits of fire and earth while the males well… are mostly useless.

Older male Fey dragons are, to put it lightly, weak of mind. While they tend to be very calm they are also dangerously submissive meaning that while the lazy water and wind spirits love them, they can easily be subdued and given commands. Their fur tends to be be incredibly soft and gives off a comforting aura, royalty loves them!

Meanwhile, Mana dragons are the exact opposite in terms of abilities but first, their appearance. Mana dragons are feathered, making them incredibly majestic, but don’t be fooled, any Mana dragon over the first stage of growth will be extremely hostile to all other races, including other dragons and even sometimes their own race. The only Mana dragons that are slightly docile, past being dragonets, are ones that were raised from birth, in that case they are hostile to everything that isn’t their ‘parent’.

Mana dragons can’t sense spirits at all, instead they have incredible amounts of magic and mana reserves that could make an archwizard cry. While the standard coefficient of a humanoid is around 200, a newborn Mana dragon can have a coefficient up to 3,000, possibly growing to over 5,000 by the time they reach maturity.

(To be continued)

2