Chapter 12 – Dangerous Preparations
185 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey~ Wake up, Sayoko."

A warmth soothing sound completely engulfed me in the state of laziness as I tried to fight off my sleepiness. I opened my eyes to see a close up of Hinako laying beside me while staring at me with a playful face. 

I hadn't realized that my hands were completely embracing Hinako as I fell asleep, so I quickly let it go while getting off the bed. 

I immediately apologized "S-sorry." 

"No, looking at your sleeping face was worth it," Hinako smiled. She got out of the bed with a yawn. 

I took a glance at my transparent phone to see today's date. It showed the date of 27th April 2047, I sighed in resignation while getting prepared for the day. 

"Where are we going today, Sayoko?" Hinako asked curiously. 

I thought a moment before answering, "Well, based on yesterday's experience, I'd like to find more weapons, and check the maintenance of food sources. While at it, why don't we get you some clothes."

Hinako's eyes perked up in excitement as she heard the last sentence, she ran out of the room in excitement while I followed her slowly. Chloe greeted us as usual, I stopped the daily alarm of running from Chloe, so it won't bother Hinako again. 

Hinako dressed lightly and grabbed her magical staff while running towards the front door. She waited for me outside while I grabbed my DI42 and a car key. 

"Are we going back to yesterday's place? " Hinako asked. 

I smiled ambiguously while holding out my car key, "Yeah, but we need a vehicle to carry the guns."

Hinako was confused at the item I was showing her, she was observing it with a puzzled expression, "Does that mean we need a horse?"

I smiled, "it's better than that."

I led Hinako to walk towards a few houses away from mine. She seemed confused about where I was taking her. After a couple of minutes walk, we arrived at a carport near my house with a modernistic looking purple car in it. I didn't know who it belonged to, however I still use it as one of my main means of transportation without any guilty conscience. 

"What is this metal thing?" Hinako lightly tapped the purple car with a curious look, it made a soft clang sound. 

I proudly introduced it to Hinako with an impatient smile, "It's this world's most popular transportation! It's called a car, and it can reach speeds up to over 700 kilometers per hour!"

Hinako was only tilting her head as she gave an awkward and confused smile, however I already expected her reaction. I opened the purple car door for Hinako, she looked amazed as she slowly and carefully sat on the passenger's seat next to the driver's seat. 

I immediately reached towards the driver's seat, Hinako was admiring the inside of the car as she was gently rubbing the window car with a childish look. Looking at her, I awkwardly smiled, I put the seatbelt on for Hinako and mine. 

"Well, are you ready?" I asked. 

Hinako seemed confused overall, however that didn't stop her cheerful attitude to yell, "let's go!"

This purple car was produced by the largest technology advancement company on this earth once, Hoshimi Ltd. This company CEO was able to expand their business into the whole planet and modernized the technology people use in just a decade. 

Even Chloe and DI42 were one of the products Hoshimi Ltd's created. Countless other companies and corporations in AI and technology development tried so hard to overthrow Hoshimi Ltd, They were so desperate about taking Hoshimi Ltd down that they spread countless rumors to slander the untouchable AI and technology company, one of them being that the entire technology of Hoshimi Ltd was made by a genius child as she was enslaved to work. 

I looked at the excited Hinako for the last time, and hit the pedal which moves the car in moderately low speed. Hinako was frantic after she saw the outside through the window. 

"We're moving! Sayoko, we're moving!"

Hinako's eyes were glimmering with light as she stared out the outside window. I smiled after seeing Hinako's childish behavior. We passed by the street at relatively low speed, even then, it only took us a few minutes to reach our destination. 

I opened the car door and hopped out of the car, while Hinako was struggling to open the car door. I simply showed her the way, Hinako nodded in understanding. She succeeded and celebrated it with a simple smile. 

Hinako looked out towards the road we just took in amazement, "I was too tired from running to realize it yesterday, but the road is pretty clean and empty."

"That's because at night, the little fairies would come out and clean the entire neighborhood," I explained. 

Hearing that, Hinako's expression turned pale. Her eyes dilated with fear as her hands were trembling, "U-um, isn't that… dangerous?"

I was surprised at Hinako's sudden behavior, however I quickly followed up her question with an answer to calm her down. 

"Don't worry, the fairies are just drones designed to be the janitor of this neighborhood, they don't have emotions, their only purpose is to sweep, vacuumed, and clean the streets," I explained further. 

Hinako had a relief expression while also being puzzled by my words, I could see Hinako tilting her head in confusion after hearing the word 'drones'. 

Not long before, the street was filled with empty cars and some bicycles. As I had all the time in the world, I moved all of the vehicles on the road out of the way. 

We entered the police headquarters once more as to search for more firearms. As we entered the armory, Hinako's kitten eyes were observing everything I was doing with a curious look. It felt embarrassing, however I tried to hide my blushes as I grab some package containing assault rifles with some submachine guns. I had no experience with them whatsoever as I only ever used handguns to fill my time, even then I still tried to grab everything I saw that fancied my interest. 

After grabbing tons of ammunition, Hinako and I put everything we found into the trunk and the backseat of the car. It took us a couple of back and forth to finally bring most of the firearms in the armory into our car. 

I came back to the armory to found tablets filled with instructions and training video. I took it without hesitation. 

Hinako looked around in the armory with an amazement as she tried to touch random buttons she found, resulting a secret cabinet to be opened. 

Inside the cabinet, lay a beautiful sight of a weapon in the shape of sniper rifle with an unusual bright color and shape, it's something I've recognized. 

"Railgun…" I muttered. 

Hinako was puzzled by my behavior, "Do you know what that thing is?"

"Of course, after all, I'm the one who made it."

I don't know what I'm doing...

10