Chapter 5: Training
315 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yona had been training in Swordsmanship for weeks and had already mastered Tempo to an extent that he was being specially trained by Gustavv because he was a little slow at learning.

Yona was practising how to do Measure, which can be used as an opening aggression on your opponent. Gustavv wanted to watch him. However, Yona irritated him for being too clumsy at Measure and directly Disrupting the distance between him and his opponent every time.

"No, that's not how it's supposed to be Young Master Yona." Gustavv then shows Yoona how to use Measure correctly with the training dummy.

One of the 4 Basic Fundamentals is shown in Ch3.

Measure - Explosive Distance between you and your enemy 

"This is how u do it ill also show u a certain skill of my I call the flash step" as Gustavv said that he showed Yona his skill facing the practice target direction he lunged in that direction applying a little pinch of the Lightning element and raw power honed through experience as he did that he burst through the distance between him and the practice dummy doing a side slash perfectly aiming using the very tip of his sword to hit the doll's chest.

"So Yona, did you notice that if you use Measure properly, you can take advantage of the length of your sword while still aiming at your enemy? "I've noticed that when you do your practice slashes on the training dummy, you don't seem to take the concept of measure too seriously and instead focus on the Tempo of your sword without considering the other principles that must be considered."

Tempo - The speed of one's actions through the sword 

"I know you think that just because you're fast gives you an advantage, but in battle, speed isn't always the only factor to consider. Have you ever noticed that when you spar with Elaine, it feels like she's always ahead when you want to do a frontal assault? That's because she's already mastered all four principles to some extent."

Yona was embarrassed when he heard that, saying, "it looks like I let my fantasies get the best of me, he's got a point every time we spar she'd always take me through basic skills."

Yona finally learned from his mistakes and began to master Measure.

(A week later)

"Yona you've improved"

Yona already mastered Measure to a degree with his spars with elaine he fares a little better.

As he thought about it he remembered their spar early this morning.

"Elaine, I'll defeat you this time you better watch out"

Yona said With determination he knew he was gonna get crushed he just wanted to feel that he had a chance.

"Sure I'll take your word for it"

Elaine said while smiling

Tsk I hate it when she's like that she's always certain that she'll crush me. 

Yona thought inwardly 

As the spar begun

Yona did his own flash step but using the element of wind through his steps making his body a little lighter facing elaine to the front he did a sideward slash with his sword elaine blocked it just by hair's width perfectly using the momentum of Yona's sword she did a twist countering Yona's sword directly trying to knock it away but Yona anticipated it and dodged he knew Elaine like to use counter attacks as he dodged Elaine's strike, Elaine also directly took advantage of the opportunity that Yona opened and dashed to Yona's open back while applying wind through her sword she opted for a direct knockout, Yona tried to take advantage that he was open by stomping the ground while also applying wind through his foot allowing the sand to scatter blocking Elaine's vision as he did that but it seemed like it was nothing to Elaine and just used her magic to scatter it back to Yona's face and directly crushing Yona's wooden sword using wind to make it sharper.

Yona shuddered as he remembered this.

Elaine is never easy on him, which he appreciates, "but the fact that she reads his every move is terrifying."

As Yona was practising on the practice dummy, he had already decided on the type of swordsmanship he would focus on. Even though he had stated years ago that he wanted to focus on defensive swordsmanship, he couldn't do so because it would limit the potential of his latent talent, so he chose an aggressive swordsmanship focusing on Mastering Tempo faster as Tempo is the base for aggressive swordsmanship while Measure is the base for defensive swordsmanship as distance and position leads you to better defence.

Yona had been practising Tempo on his practice dummy for a week when Gustav called him up.

"Master Yona, please come here."

Yona was on his way to Gustavv when he noticed a tall young boy, who resembled Gustavv and wore a smug expression.

"Here Yona, this is my son Jace, he's also a student Swordsman from the academy, and I'd like you to spar with him. I'd recommend it because you've been sparring with Elaine for months now, and maybe you'll see the fruit of your losses against her eventually."

Yona didn't reject it because he knew that even if he lost this one, he'd still benefit from it, but he wasn't planning on losing.

Yona picked up a new wooden sword and prepared to position himself Jace was putting up a grin and slowly picking up a sword as well it seemed like He was underestimating Yona for he seemed weak to him "Tsk this noble thinks I'll go easy on him just because my father is teaching him a few broken bones won't be a problem.

Jace smiled.

He was always mocked because he was only a commoner, and he hated nobles who flaunted their status making him want to puke every time he sees them.

As Jace positioned himself, 

Gustavv concluded the rules, "don't be too hard on your opponent as this is only a spar okay Jace he specifically looked at his son he knew he had a deep hatred for people with status but nonetheless he as a father didn't care that much as nobles also have kind people within their ranks "second you can be allowed to use magic only as tools to make the structure of your skills" While Gustavv was explaining the rules Yona saw Elaine sitting at the sidelines it looked like she just woke up She smiled and said "Do your best Yona."

Jace also saw Elaine and was mesmerized for a split second before going into focus mode because he knew he had to show off. as there was a Beautiful Young lady looking.

Gustavv signalled (Go!) as he finished explaining.

Yona's opponent lunged forward without hesitation as if he was not taking Yona seriously. As he moved forward, he was already tempering his sword with fire,

planning to hit Yona's lower body as Yona saw this he did his signature move using the terrain's sand to hinder the opponent's sight He stomped the ground powerfully as he did with his spars with Elaine, he didn't care if it was a dirty move or that it was ugly for someone of his status to do that. he had already come to terms with that pride will only be the first thing that makes u die easily on a battlefield. 

As the sand rose, Yona did a sideward slash with a wind element on it to scatter it on his opponent's face. As his opponent was blinded, Yona took advantage and delivered a blow to his opponent's gut, hindering Jace's movement directly he kicked his opponent's left face and angled his sword at his opponent's neck and said "And you're dead" Yona made the fight quick and didn't delay it for too long he knew a shorter fight would make his Opponent more depressed as he already is.

"Good job, Yona; you took your opponent seriously; learn from him. Jace, you don't always win because you're bigger or stronger; skill and strategy always take the lead in spars and battles.

As Jace stood up, he offered a handshake while gritting his teeth and said, "I'm sorry Yona, I accept my defeat fair and square."

"He must have swallowed his pride just to do this nonetheless Yona took his hand and did a handshake with Jace "He knew he caught his opponent off guard, but it was also his mistake that he didn't take me seriously."

Elaine went up to him and congratulated him, she's been practising her magic even more these days as she's already mastered the four fundamentals she would only observe Yona and sleep by the sidelines from time to time and practice rarely, Elaine bid farewell she had to return to her mansion for a month for family matters.

After bidding farewell to Elaine Yona proceeded to train, even making his own Sword strike.

Crimson Blow was the name given to it. Adding wind to the sideward slash and then directly fusing fire to it before hitting his opponent, it was explosive due to the sudden fusion of both elements while hitting a target. He'd already broken three practice dummies while doing it.

After weeks of practising. Yona has nearly mastered Tempo.

He and Elaine hadn't spar ever since she returned and no new news came to him ever since she returned home.

"it do feels lonely without her, I hope she's fine."

I don't seem to be improving that much in my writing and im already hitting a wall
  • Should i just drop it Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inconsistent but studying Yt vids Votes: 1 9.1%
  • You can do it? :/ Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No your writing is just fine. Votes: 2 18.2%
Total voters: 11
8