Chapter 9: Goodbyes
221 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'They already mastered every step just by my words alone scary.' he thought.

Gustav was inwardly crying, he himself had to perfect his flash step for months for each step to be perfect, and he had pride in his glorious skill that made him known to the royal army. 'but these kids they only learned it like it was a walk in the park, and here I thought before parting, I'll just tell them the steps and had them figure it out for themselves but now that they're progressing this fast it looks like it will be time for me to go soon earlier than I expected.'

“Good job Young Master Yona and Young Lady Elaine, you did it flawlessly.“ Gustav made his way closer to Yona and Elaine while clapping.

“Okay, since you guys already finished this step, let's do step 3. I'll explain it briefly, 

So step 3 is just using the coated lightning and jumping to a certain distance in the sky,

Here ill mark it for you guys.“ Gustav said and casted with his hands to the sky a blue magic circle, it was high above and seemed impossible for a normal human to reach even if they were a world high jump champion.

“Alright, I want you guys to jump till you can touch the circle the mark I left in the air, This is the final step of Flash step before you guys combine what u learned, if you learn this step, well I have to congrats you guys since in that time you will finally master flash step as a whole.“

Yona wondered how Gustav did the circle on the air and making it stay there without applying any more energy, 'it seems like an application of air. I think I'll have to ask him later about that.'

Yona tried what Gustav said, he applied the coat on his feet and tried jumping at the superhuman height of the mark in the middle of the air, he felt pain course through his feet when he leaped, he tried to touch it but he was too far off.

Currently, the floating circle in the middle of the training grounds had a height of 25ft. So if one were to jump it would already be a superhuman feat to jump that high.

“Shall we do it, Elaine?“

Yona spoke to Elaine with a determined look. 

“Okay, the Last one who gets it done makes the loser be their servant for the day.“

Elaine smiled and also did what Gustav said. 

She jumped the height of 19ft almost casually reaching Gustav's requirement in one go.

'There she goes again, I'll might as well try as well even harder.'

Yona tried again, casually swirling the lightning on his feet, he tried for the 2nd time jumping destructively destroying the spot where he jumped leaving a small crater behind. 

His body burst upward in an unnatural manner like he was one with the lightning.

 Yona tried grabbing the circle in the air, but he still couldn't make it and landed swiftly on the ground.

'How do I do this?'

Let me try it again, he tried again without doing it explosively this time feeling the ambers of lightning cursing through his skin he jumped,

 Yona tried reaching for the circle again but was left disappointed, if he didn't do it explosively it seemed like he'd only do a distance of 15ft when jumping, but when doing it explosively he could do it at least till 19ft.

Yona tried and tried and was lost in the flow, it seemed like time seemed to stop and only he and the circle was left.

Every time he jumped there was an explosive air beneath his feet casually destroying the ground beneath it.

“Hey Yona, I'm done Elaine tapped Yona but he didn't seem to notice and just proceeded to burst forth to the circle.“

'It seems like Yona is too immersed in it'

Elaine sat patiently by the side and waited for Yona.

He tried and tried, and it seemed like he could almost reach it every time he jumped, his fingers could almost touch the ring but was left disappointed when he couldn't reach it, he tried jumping one more time but when he tried channelling the magic on his feet it seemed like there was nothing he could use anymore.

 Yona already jumped and was 12ft above the air.

'oh no, what have I done I forgot about Mana exhaustion and was too immersed,' Yona panicked while falling and was already resigning to his fate when suddenly he felt a sudden warmth hug his back.

Yona turned to his back and saw Elaine hugging from behind.

“You did good Yona try not to overexert yourself.“ Elaine said hugging Yona like a little doll they were almost the same height but Yona had no energy, so he was getting carried around like a doll “Here Yona” Elaine landed him softly and brought him to a chair.

Gustav also came close and said. “Ehem I saw what u did Young master, but I think u overanalyzed it too much, I will not tell u the correct solution, but I'll tell you this you can already do it way back hours ago u just overcomplicated yourself too much, Elaine was also done after 20mins and was watching you like for 3hours straight after she seems devoted to you Young master, HAHAHAHHAHAHAH.“

Yona didn't realise that he was jumping for hours straight, it just seemed like he was sucked in a whirlpool of nothingness suddenly when he started jumping.

“By the way Young master, if you're thinking why that sudden thing happened, it is called the Flow state, it mostly happens to those that have higher Aptitude their bodies seem to be drawn when immersed in training and once they're focused the environment around them just seems to vanish when the Flow state occurs.“

“I see that makes sense Sir Gustav, also Thank you Elaine,” he patted Elaine's head and tried to stand up but when he tried to his body didn't seem to listen and instead wobbled.

Elaine caught Yona and spoke. “I told you to not move yet Yona.“ Elaine caught Yona before he fell to the ground. she let Yona rest his head rest on her shoulder.

“I'm sorry I just wanted to try something, But Sir Gustav what's the next step?“ Yona didn't hesitate and just rested his head he felt his mana core convulsing when he tried to do it once more.

“Well there aren't any more steps, You and Elaine already mastered there is to learn about Flash step, all you need to do now is just combine the feelings and the theory you practised, It may take days before you learn or maybe even 30mins It just depends on you. if you can understand the principle behind it, also I'd recommend it, if you were to know how to use Flash step, u wouldn't tell your partner what's the principle behind it in order for them to learn faster, They need to understand it themselves.

'This means, I finally got a simple skill on my arsenal sooner than I thought, maybe I just need to steal an attack skill with my eye to pair it with this to protect myself.'

“Alright it seems like you guys know everything already, Elaine just practice your fundamentals a little more and you're already done with it.“

 “Yona maybe one week and you'll also be done with it, after both of you are done with mastering the fundamentals I'll have to congrats you guys I may not have been here to see it but at least I left you little ones a little gift that you'll remember me with, Well it's not like ill die, but yeah advanced congratulations. Gustav said nodding his head towards Elaine and Yona it seemed like he was a little emotional in the 6months he spent with him and Elaine he could definitely say we were his best students. 

“Yona and Elaine you should rest for a while, Dont worry I won't leave if you guys were to sleep.“

Elaine nodded and spoke “Hey Yona can I lay my head on your back”

Yona didn't have any energy and just nodded and fell asleep directly facing his head on the wall.

Elaine rested her head as well as she let her head rest on Yona's back.

“Gosh these kids, I don't know what they will become in the future but I know for sure they're gonna be impressive figures. “

Gustav said laying his back on the training grounds walls.

~

Yona woke up feeling his body aching all over, He scanned his surroundings and saw the sun was setting down and the environment already had that colour where it was slowly fading, he noticed there was a soft head on his shoulder.

“Elaine? He remembered having a mana exhaustion and sleeping. 'but where's Gustav? Did he leave already?'

“I'm here Young master, Hurry up and wake up Elaine you guys slept for hours already It's time for me to go.”

Yona nodded and shook Elaine

“Elaine, Elainee, Sir Gustav needs to go already.

“Uhhhh”

Elaine opened her eyes and grunted, her eyes were clear and it seemed like she wasn't sleeping she pouted for a moment and said. “Okayy. ”

Yona and Elaine stood up and followed Gustav to the gate. There were the maids lined up on the left and the knights lined up on the left bowing, it seemed like Mom wouldn't accept with simple goodbyes if she wasn't there.

“Well it looks like this it Little ones, I won't say much but all I can say you two are far by the best students I've ever had, I've since all your progress, your ups and downs Young master Yona, Please don't forget to master what I taught you, the fundamentals and flash step all you need is maybe just 3days and for the flash step well maybe one day would be enough.

Yona nodded, he was feeling a little emotional even though he knew that he shouldn't but he couldn't help but feel that Gustav was like his father figure in this world compared to his real biological dad where he is nowhere to be seen. 'He's a good man and a good teacher' Yona thought.

“Elaine, I can't say much but you already mastered the fundamentals of the sword and the flash step but don't slack off just because you have your husband near you HAHAHAHAH. “

Gustav suddenly had a serious face and spoke. “Well it looks like I have to go little ones.“

Yona and Elaine Bowed together and looked at each other for a moment and said “Thank you for everything, Sir Gustav.“

Gustav patted their heads and proceeded to carry his things as he went out of the gate, He looked at Yona and Elaine for a split second before turning his back and waving goodbye, Gustav's figure slowly getting smaller and smaller before his figure disappeared.

Yona had to recap his 6months, he could say it was hard but he knew that it was all worth it. 

'I can say it was actually fun learning than I thought it would, now that Gustav's gone I think it's time.'

Yona only had 2 months left before enrollment, he planned to at least go on an adventure, he already had studied mostly everything in the library all the history and practical books. There weren't any magic books that he could read since it was mostly magic academies that had them.

'I'll have to sneak out but I think I have to ask her first since It would be rude not to maybe I should tag Elaine as well? But what if it gets dangerous” Yona had to think ahead he knew Elaine was stronger than him but it wouldn't hurt to be careful, “I'll master the flash step first, but I'll tell her in advance I guess if she wants to come.'

“Hey Elaine come here for a second.”

Ey, ey, It's yo boi Narcissistic _Loser or maybe NiL How are you my fellow readers, and Tumbleweed I'm still busy because of finals week and there's a frickin research defense this week but heyyy, I am here rn and alive also posting ofc, Lightnovelpub is down :(( was reading I became the villain the Hero is obsessed with kinda also studying how he does the Romance but mostly just having fun, and Yk, feeling the void of my heart coz like pretty much lonely out here people are unpredictable you never know they love you today and tomorrow they love someone else, ugh fck what is this corny shit but right it has facts in it okay, im done for now N_L out cya guys, [Also new readers out there dont worry I am very consistent even if I am slow with my chapters.]

8