Chapter 26: Sickness
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I see… So not yet." Those ominous words echo in Wendy's head as she stirs awake once again. The voice she hears brings a sense of familiarity to her as she recalls who it belongs to.

"Set…" She mutters under her breath before she gets a jolting pain cast over her head. She recalls the previous night in which she and the girls stayed out last night, resulting in her consuming a large amount of alcoholic beverages.

“Gah! I hate hangovers!" She states before feeling a groping sensation ensue on her modestly sized chest. A silver-haired woman was directly huddled up against her back with her hands wrapped around the girl's chest, her squeezing ensues.

"Haa~ Onee-Sama is so cute~...!" Lifting her fist up, she drops it down on the young girl's head with a loud *Bonk* being heard. 

"Knock it Off!"

"Gyaaa!!!"

After their newly established morning routine, the two can be seen running through the local neighborhood in workout attire. The blue-haired girl holds a composed jogging exterior while the sister behind her can be seen flailing behind, struggling to keep up.

" Pant" Pant" Onee-Sama! Please slow down!"

"If you want to keep up with my pace then you're going to have to toughen up Hibiki!" Wendy says calling back to the Sister without even turning her head.

"It's impossible! Even if you weren't a goddess, I doubt I could still keep up with your irrational strength and stamina!" She says as she continues to slug behind her. The only saving grace she could muster from this situation was the pleasure of getting to view the older girl's rear bounce up and down as she jogged behind her.

"Gosh, she's so hot…!"

"What was that!?"

"N-nothing!"

As the two make it back to the church, Hibiki can be seen collapsing before the entrance. Wendy kneels down before her and gives her a water bottle she retrieved from inside.

"Here."

"Hmm? Oh, Thank You!" She says with genuine thankfulness in her voice, taking the bottle and gulping it down.

"You know if you took your workouts as seriously as you do gushing over my body then you'd probably be more fit than me." Hibiki almost choked while hearing this.

"O-oh… You uhm, noticed that…"

"What, don't tell me you thought you were being discreet." Before either of the two could continue speaking, a slew of kids came out from the church. The kids take a look over at the sisters before letting out noises of joy. "Onee-sans play with us!" The kids screamed at the two. Hibiki and Wendy smiled, the orphans held by the church have grown quite fond of the two and will express their feelings to them any chance that they get.

"Oh we would love to play with all of you," Hibiki says before she's grabbed by the silver antenna that always dangles from her head, somehow defying all logic by being able to be lifted from the ground by it.

"Sorry kids, but me and Hibiki still have some more training to do~"

"What!" The kids all seem down but nod in understanding, knowing that the blue-haired woman acts as the central guardian of the church, and presumably all of Tokyo, they know it's best not to interrupt her training. Hibiki on the other hand was not as understanding as the kids, being dragged into the church's gym against her own will, screaming back at the little kids to come and save her.

After a few more hours of relentless grinding and training, the two rest against one of the many machines. Chugging down a bottle of water, Wendy's muscles can be seen shimmering upon the innate light of the gymnasium.

"Phew~ that was a good workout now, don't you agree?!"

"No."

Wendy takes a look over at her sister before noticing that the workout really did take a toll on her. Steam can be seen emitting from her head as she continues to paint. Not liking the idea of the girl pushing herself too hard, she attempts to consolidate her.

"If it means anything, I do appreciate you keeping me company, workouts can get pretty tedious when you do it alone." upon hearing this, the sister perks up just a tad bit.

"Really? Well, I'm glad I was able to keep you company then!" She says attempting to mimic her usual tone, failing miserably for Wendy was able to catch it.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Hmm, Yes! I'm just tired! After all, we did work out for quite a while, so my heads just kind of spinning…" At hearing this,  Wendy puts her hand on the back of the girl's head and puts their foreheads together.

"Hmm.. well you don't have a fever…" She says before removing her head for the smaller girl's. Hibiki was left as a blushing mess after this quick but intimate interaction.

“Y-y-yes I d-don't!" She says before fanning her face, trying to calm down her rapidly beating heart. It's only been a week since the incident in the club. Sister Lilith has continued to make amends for her actions by repurposing the club as a haven for upcoming members of the deformation. Silvia and Gilda have been handling the logistics of the church's affairs while Father Issac is still on his trip overseas. This means that between communions and prayers, the girls have spent the majority of their time together. Wendy as well taking it upon herself to remain within the church's many rooms, stating that her own home is too empty to stay in by herself. Though Issac had prepared a room for her, she has grown a habit of passing out in Hibiki's room, not that she would complain. Though the thing that continues to stir in the sister's head was in fact the kiss they shared. Both the one in the club and the one they shared later that night. She simply couldn't get her mind off it, the way she held her, caressed her, pressed her soft lips against hers, her tongue clashing with her own, the heat that emitted from their bodies, and how alluring she was in those moments. Though she was first taken aback by the sudden forward approach, that feeling of regret within her was quickly replaced with a lustful curiosity. She wanted more, she needed more, Deep down in her heart Hibiki knew pursuing such tendencies goes against her vows as a sister, but she could not help herself.  This feeling wasn't any surface-level crush or blatant admiration for her senior anymore, she was without a doubt head over heels for her. She had secretly decided within herself that even if she stood no chance, she would make it her mission to become the special someone in her Onee-Sama's heart, by any means necessary.

"Well I suppose we should go see what the kids are up to, maybe it's not too late to go out with them today…" Wendy says this before she begins walking out of the Gym.

"Hai! Excellent idea Onee-Sama!" Hibiki says cheeringly before noticing the girl's sudden halt in her step.

"Onee-Sama?" Hibiki calls out to no response. Wendy's eyes become hazy and her mind starts spinning. Only a moment ago she was fine, but now all of a sudden she was taken by an overwhelming sense of pain and anguish. Before Hibiki's eyes, the blue-haired maiden collapses on the floor.

"Onee-Sama!" Hibiki screams out before the girl in question blacks out. The scene relocated to the Sister's private sector. Wendy can be seen under the covers, breathing in and out with her eyes tightly closed shut, a large blush plastered on her face. Silvia, who made her way over to the two after hearing the sound of someone collapsing was now standing over the girl, sticking a thermometer into the girl's mouth. The device makes a beeping noise, signaling Silvia to take it out of the girl's mouth.

"Yes it's just as I thought, she has the flu."

"The Flu!?" Hibiki burst out in astonishment. After viewing the girl in question battle demons that surpass logic and reasoning, as well as displaying power that goes beyond any mortal's limitations, the fact that such a woman could be put down by the flu leaves her all but surprised.

"Yes, I'm not too surprised honestly. Some of the kids had the flu recently, so they probably accidentally gave it to you. Please forgive them." Silvia responds, apologizing on the kid's behalf. Wendy's eyes open very dimly before she speaks up.

"D-don't worry… I'll be fine…!" Silvia looks rather skeptical before looking over to Hibiki.

"I'll need you to watch over her for the time being."

“Me!?"

"Yes, it's probably just the flu, but we shouldn't rule out the idea of this being the influence of a demon, if anything we must secure her safety." Understanding the situation, Hibiki brings a salute sign up to her head.

"Hai! You can count on me! I'll protect Onee-Sama with my life!"

"There's no need to go so far, but it's greatly appreciated." Bowing her head to the two, Silvia makes her exit. Hibiki takes her time watching over the sick girl. Making sure she's comfortable and has plenty of water, and sitting beside her to make sure she has all her necessities in place.

"If there's anything else you need Onee-Sama, please just ask!"

"Kamen…" She says under her breath, signaling Hibiki to come closer.

"What?"

"Kamen rider… Marathon… Tv…" Taking a moment to respond, Hibiki finally catches on to watch what she's saying.

"Oh Tv, of course, just give me a sec!" After a few moments, and help from the other sisters, they were able to fix a tv in the girl's room. Just as the sick girl had stated, flipping through a few of the channels was a Tokusatsu marathon ensuing. The current program roaring through the TV was Kamen Rider Black RX, with his theme song playing out on the TV and streamlining into the blue-haired girl's ears. "Kamen Rider, Kuroi Body!~ Kamen Rider, Makka na me!~ Kamen Rider Black RX!~" A small dorky smile is plastered on her face, as she begins to enjoy the tokusatsu marathon. Hibiki stares at the screen, watching the bug-eyed Grasshopper superhero flashing and striking poses.

"Gee… I don't see what's so cool about this. Honestly, Onee-Sama has some weird taste." Hibiki gazes back over to the sick woman, whose condition doesn't seem to have gotten any better. Deciding to exit the room Hibiki can be seen walking within the church's halls. 

"Hmm… I could try healing again but that doesn't seem to get to the root of the problem… Let's see, what else can I do…" Hibiki continues to ponder for a moment before she sneaks up behind Silvia who is sitting alone in Issac's office reading over some documents left to her by him. As her eyes gaze upon the papers she feels a pair of lecherous hands come up behind her and grope her modestly sized chest. An unbothered look is plastered over the girl's face and she just looks down at the small hands currently groping her bosom.

"Can I help you Hibiki?" She says melancholily.

"Squeeze~ Ahh, it's just not the same, it seems like Sister Silvia is incapable of mimicking the wonderful reaction Onee-Sama gives me.~" She says before sluggishly falling to the floor, her gay girl tendencies depleting.

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you… Are her conditions getting any better?"

"No! She only seems to be getting worse! Whatever shall I do if my beautiful Onee-Sama doesn't recover, I'm too young to be a widow!"

"I don't think you understand what an Onee-Sama is…" Silvia says before flipping through a few more papers.

"I was afraid it wouldn't have to come to this, but it seems like we'll have to go retrieve her some medication. " At this, Hibiki pipes back up.

"Medication!? For a Goddess!? There really exists such a thing!?" Silvia looks a bit hesitant before continuing.

"Yes, I'm sure you're familiar with Thor. The man led the Unconstitutional organization of Celestial Beings. He's been working for decades to incorporate celestial magic into the modern world, making artificial weapons and arsenals, as well as herbs and drugs concocted from the spirits."

"Oh! So like healing potions and stuff!"

"I guess that's one way to put it, these medications work along with modern science to heal sickness and injuries normal healing spells can target. I contacted the nearest pharmacy to see if they have such an herb and it seems like we're in luck… the only thing is…"

"Is what?" Hibiki asks with her interest peaked.

"It's on the other side of the city, I would retrieve it myself but with Father Issac gone it's my duty to be the head guardian of the church…"

"I'll go!" Hibiki immediately jumbles at the opportunity by cutting off Silvia. The forayed sister seems a bit taken aback by this but continues.

"Are you sure? We've never had you go alone somewhere by yourself that was this far. If you don't think you're able to…"

"No, I can do it, sister Silvia please allow me to retrieve this medication!" The hesitant wall built up within Silvia starts to shake, she is well aware of Father Issac's hesitance in allowing Hibiki to her own devices, but the situation they are in does require some flexibility on her part. This may be a prime opportunity for Hibiki to prove herself after all.

"Very well, I'll allow you to go… But be careful." Silvia says as sternly as she can mutter.

"Hai!" Hibiki responds in a saluting manner, grabbing the prescription information and making her way out of the church. Sliding on her sandals, she makes her way outside to head towards the designated Pharmacy. As the young girl makes her leave, Wendy can be seen groggily lying in her bed, the Kamen Rider marathon ensuing in the background. She's panting heavily as her fever has reached its high, only now waking from a sudden nap that had overtaken her. Her eyes hazily regain focus as she tries to make up the shape of the room's ceiling, only for her eyes to be met with a pair of silvery-blue orbs.

"My my, it's about time you woke up~ I was beginning to think you had croaked up on us by now" Wendy's eyes shift over to the woman standing before her, Her blonde hair glistened in the dimly lighted room, with her signature cocky smile covering her young face.

"What do you want, Gilda?" Wendy mutters out, barely able to get the words out of her panting body.

"My what attitude, is that the way you choose to thank me after I decided to grace your pitiful self with my presence this evening." Wendy, already exhausted, chooses not to respond to this with words, but more of a tired and annoyed grunt. Gilda is notably ticked off by this and decides to continue.

"Hmph~ I can't believe you were decommissioned by some lazily old cold! A real goddess shouldn't be so weak to be taken down by such nonsensical means. If it were me holding the goddess title I'd brush off that cold without a sweat." Gilda says boisterously, but once again she is unable to edge out a response from the sick maiden. Gilda lays her eyes upon the girl, she sees her body covered head to toe with sweat, as the girl's breathing starts to become more erratic.

"Oh for Pete's sake… You really are helpless aren't you." Before Wendy could even think of what to say to her so she could finally back off, she found herself being rolled onto her stomach, with a light but notable weight landing on top of her.

"H-hey! W-what do you t-think your d-doing!" Wendy says to the sister lying on top of her.

"Shush now! I'm just going to wash your back, you're covered in sweat and to be honest, it's grossing me out." Hilda says retrieving a towel from her side.

"This will only take a minute…" The soft white towel makes contact with Wendy's pale white skin. Lightly, and gently, Gilda moves her arms up and down the maiden's back.

"Y-you really don't have to…" 

"D-don't get the wrong idea here! I'm only doing this cause Silvia told me to! She said if I didn't help you out then she'll push more of the sister's chores onto me!" Wendy's head is muffled onto the pillow, from the position she's in, Gilda is incapable of seeing the smile that was plastered on her face.

"You love Silvia don't you?"

"Where did that come from!?" Gilda lets out her snarky attitude, immediately getting defensive. She grips the towel in her hands aggressively, only to loosen her grip once she calms down.

"Yes of course I love her. I love all my precious Sisters." Wendy blinks before continuing.

"Yes, I'm sure you do. But it's different between you and Silvia, isn't it? Not to discredit the sisterhood of you and the other nuns… But you and she seem more like…"

"Sisters." Gilda finishes off her sentence. A calm silence is shared between the two, the only noise emitting from the room would be the sounds of the towel being dragged back and forth on the woman's back.

"We aren't related, but me and her go way back… We ended up in the same orphanage together, eventually, we were picked up by the Egyptian Orthodox Church and then became sisters together."

"I see…"

"She used to be such a crybaby, though she was older I often felt like I had to be the one to protect her. Though she has always been somewhat of a book nerd, I used to steal books I would find just to give them to her.

"A sister openly admitting to stealing, how bad…"

"Hey, I was like seven at the time! Where the heck was I supposed to get money!" At this, Wendy can be heard letting out a small giggle.

"In any case, once we got a bit older, that's when she got all stern and serious about everyone. Once we joined the ranks of sisters, she acted as a role model for everyone, holding up the standards of what a sister should be." There is a pause in her voice, almost as if she's a bit hesitant to continue.

"She is so uptight these days! Always bashing and berating me just because I don't do things as carefully or as perfectly as her! It really pisses me off!" Gilda grips the towel in her hands, twisting it in front of her chest as if she's trying to rip it in half.

"Gilda, make sure you do this! Make sure you do that! Just cause she ranks higher than me within the church she thinks she can just boss me around like she wasn't a big crybaby back then!" At this point, Wendy registers that the girl seems just to be venting, and starts to begin tuning her out and enjoying the treatment.

"A big sister needs to look out for her little sister!" Wendy's eyes shoot back open.

"What was that?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's just some phrase she always says. "A big sister needs to look out for her little sister." it's pretty annoying." Wendy looks rather confused at this.

"Why do you find it annoying?"

"Because it's all wrong! The saying is in reverse, a big sister might be older, or smarter, but even so, it's the duty of the little sister to protect the big sister!" Wendy seems shocked by this statement and decides to pry.

"Why do you say that?"

"Hmm… well it just makes more sense to me is all. Big sisters are already in a tougher position, being the older ones and all. Everyone expects more from them so when one might feel like they're getting burned out, it may already be too late. That's why the little sister needs to be there to support them when they can, just like that silver-haired nun of yours."

"Hibiki?"

"Yes of course, she left about an hour ago to go retrieve your medication, though it's all the way on the other side of town she still insisted on going alone." Wendy's eyes shake at hearing this, not knowing that the little nun has already taken action to aid in her recovery.

"I've known Hibiki for quite some time, and in all the years I've known her, she's never cared for anyone the way I see her care for you, honestly it makes me quite jealous." The blue-haired girl doesn't know how to respond to this so she decided to just stay quiet.

"Not to tell you your business but it wouldn't hurt if you'd show her a little more appreciation, I'm sure it'd go a long way for her…Ah, it looks like I'm done!" At this, Gilda removes herself from on top of the sickened girl and proceeds to make her way out of the room.

"Now then, try to make a hasty recovery, we wouldn't want to be attacked by a demon while you're under the weather now, oh dear Goddess~." The nun says mockingly before making her lofty exit. Wendy proceeds to turn over and lie on her back, staring at the empty ceiling as her mind begins to ponder.

"Hibiki…" an image of the cheery young girl pops into her mind before the exhaustion creeps back into her eyes.

"D-don't do anything stupid, idiot." She says before groggily falling back to sleep.

 

0