Prologue
522 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue:

She was always like this.

A man with spiky black hair says as he lays inside of a tub filled to the brim with water and soap bubbles. This man's name was Scyron Tategami, just your average 17-year-old Japanese student living his youth in Tokyo. Now having graduated from high school, his eyes were set to start applying to colleges so he may continue his educational journey. Though the future seemed a bit uncertain to him, he could always count on the support of his dear childhood friend to keep him going. Ever since they were kids she had always stood by his side, protecting him from bullies and motivating him to do better things, not to mention always getting herself involved in his personal matters. Such as taking a bath.

"Hmm? Is there a problem Ronny?"

Says the childhood friend in question, who has taken a moment off from brushing her hair with the abundance of soap in the steamed room. "Oh, nothing… Just thinking to myself is all." Says the spiky-haired boy, after taking a glimpse over at the spunky young adult woman, taking in her figure for a second his eyes look up to the ceiling in order to conceal his blush. "You know, we're not kids anymore, I don't see any reason why you still insist on taking baths with me."

The girl who had previously been washing her hair has now taken a sponge and started applying it around her wet naked body. "Oh Shut up! There's no need to act all embarrassed around me! Besides we used to take baths together all the time, I don't see what our age has to do with anything!" The girl with dark dirty-blonde hair and an above-average figure said bashfully.

The girl in question was named Wendy Tategami, after an incident befell her as a child, she was taken in by the Tategami Family and was bestowed their last name. She and Scyron have been living under the same roof ever since and have spent their youth together. They had both now come to become young adults, ready to take the future on together. Though they had grown up together, with the abruptness of school and other activities, the room for any romantic development had been understandably halted. Leaving the girl with a feeling of urgency recently, afraid that now entering the real world would draw in a big-breasted rival that would attempt to seduce her precious beloved away from her. Not that she was ill confident in her own figure mind you, but one must always stay cautious.

"She's always making excuses like this…" Scyron thinks to himself, as this is not the first time in recent years she would crawl into the bath to share a soak with him. Or times she would sneak into his room to sleep by his side, feigning fear of a recent nightmare. Yes, truly his childhood friend would go to no end to spend any amount of time with him, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Though a big part of him would admit he loves how clingy and attached to him she can get.

"Scoot over buddy! I'm coming in!" Says the spunky Japanese girl as she takes her seat inside the tub, right between his legs mind you. The tub which once seemed huge to the pair has greatly diminished in its girth in recent years, now barely being able to fit the two. As the steam from the bath fills the room, the pair finally relaxes within the calming waters of their bath. After getting past the initial discomfort of their cramped positioning, Wendy lays back, resting her head on the young boy's shoulder, her back touching his chest as she lets out a sigh of contempt.

"You know… I can't believe it's already been 10 years." Says the girl sitting in front of the spiky-haired boy. "You mean since we first met?" He responded. The girl nods her head as she watches a few soap bubbles creep up into her view. "We were so young back then, I barely even remember it. I do remember you coming to comfort me about something though…" Wendy says as she reminisces about the past.

"Yeah I remember that you were crying about something, you looked so lonely I wanted to try to cheer you up so…" Smiling to herself she turned back to meet his gaze, "You were always so kind Ronny~ Coming to cheer up a damsel in distress like me!" She says, enticing a blush on the young man. Scyron laughs off her boasting claims and responds. "Well considering all the times you've helped me out since then I'd say we're even!" The girl giggles as she stirs up in his lap. Trying his best to conceal his natural male tendencies when presented with such a beautiful woman, he tries to put his mind elsewhere. He takes a moment to think of the nickname she gave him. "Ronny" is a cute way of saying "Scyron," she says, not that he ever minded it of course, he rather enjoyed having a name only she referred to him as.

"Oh, what time is it? Darn It! We're going to be late!!!" Says the dark-haired girl as she jumps out of the tub. "Come on Ronny, we should finish packing our things! We don't want to be late for our flight now do we?" She says in a sing-song voice. After registering her question the boy nods in agreement and gets up from the comfort of the tub. Now both in the safety of "their" bedroom, the girl is seen rummaging through her closet as Scyron dries himself off with a towel. "Hey, where are we going again?" He says absentmindedly.

"What! Are you serious!? How could you forget, Ronny you dunderhead!" Wendy barks back furiously. "We're going to PARIS!" She finishes off. Hurt by her abrasive nature he barks back, "Hey! In my defense, I've been cramming for all those finals and entrance exams lately! It must've just slipped my mind between all that!" He defends his case rather earnestly. "Oh Whatever! Just come here and help me finish packing!" As the pair start throwing clothes inside a suitcase together their hands bump into each other numerous times, eliciting small blushes from the two here and there.

"So Paris… any reason why you picked such a destination?" Asked the boy a bit timidly. "Obviously to prepare for our eventual honeymoon… I mean it's our Graduation celebration!!!" She says, now blushing as bright as a tomato. In an effort to stir the conversation away from her recent slip-up, she speaks up once again. "I mean now that we've graduated, college is around the corner! So we might as well go somewhere to relax and enjoy ourselves." She says as she subconsciously pats herself on the back for coming up with an excuse on the spot.

After both take a minute to fully change into comfortable attire for their trip they meet back with each other in the living room. Scyron. Who is taking a minute to grab all the bags and luggage is taken back when he's met with his childhood friend's choice in attire. It wasn't anything mind-blowing, but nonetheless, it still left him feeling awestruck. She was wearing a sky blue sweater shirt, with tight black pants that showed off her prevalent curves, as well as wearing her hair in her signature ponytail look. Scyron had long since realized Wendy was a cut above the rest when it came to natural beauty, and in moments like this, that fact was understandably proven to him once again.

"Wow." Was all that could escape from his lips before meeting her gaze again. "Wow?" She asked the still-blushing boy. "I mean, just… Wow, you really are stunning Wendy. " Immediately, a bright smile is plastered over Wendy's face as she lunges at the young boy. "Oh, Ronny! You really know how to make a girl's heart race!!!" She says trapping him in the crux of her breast, muffling any sounds that may have escaped from there. After sharing their sweet moment, the pair make their way to the airport, where they are immediately seated on a plane to their desired location. As they both sit comfortably in their seats, the plane sets off now cruising in the air on its way to the infamous "City of Love."

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, there is some turbulence in coming but do not fret, it should pass over us very shortly." Wendy hears the captain's report as she continues typing on her laptop. She looks over at Ronny and sees he has all but fallen asleep. Now taking into account her own fatigue she thinks to herself why she hadn't requested more caffeine when the plane attendants had passed by earlier. Scyron, who seemed to be dead asleep now stirring a bit out of discomfort, leans his head onto Wendy's shoulder, mumbling in his sleep.

"Coffee… Wendy…. Drinks too much…" Putting on a pouty face for being judged by her normal-than-average coffee consumption she reaches her hand up and pinches his cheek. He groans from this but isn't woken up, merely repeating her name two or three more times. Smiling at this, Wendy is suddenly flattered by the idea she can infiltrate the boy's dreams without even trying. Scyron then subconsciously grabs onto the girl's hand and squeezes it. "Hehe~ So warm."

Wendy leans up to him and whispers into the dreaming boy's ear. "Naughty boy, are you having a wet dream about me?" She says flirtatiously before kissing him on the cheek. This romantic action immediately jolts the boy awake, "Gah! Hey, what do you think you're doing!" The girl starts giggling to herself, unable to contain her entertainment with the situation. "Hehehe! Sorry, I just can't help myself, you're so fun to tease Ronny~" She says with a flirtatious grin. As his blush dies down, he eases back onto his seat looking out the window. He sees the clear shores as the plane rides through the night. "Gosh, can you imagine flying this high, birds are so lucky they get to see views like this in person?"

Wendy looks over at the window as well before brushing off the boy's remark. "Meh, I bet flying isn't as cracked up as it seems to be. Not to mention People can't fly so there's no point in fawning over something completely impossible." She finishes off, looking past the window onto a black floating figure that catches her eyes. When she turns her head to get a better look at it suddenly vanishes from her view. "Hmm… must've just been imagining something…" She thinks to herself before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Scyron asks as the girl sets her laptop down on her chair. "I'm just going to freshen up for a bit!" She says before putting on a sly grin, "Try not to have any more dreams about me before I get back~" She coos, causing a blush to erupt upon the young man. "Gah! I thought she said she was going to quit teasing me!" He thinks to himself before gazing back out the window. As the girl starts walking down the plane aisle, the dark image from before creeps onto her again, this time taking the form of an old man standing in front of her.

"Oh… excuse me, sir, are you waiting to use the restroom?" Wendy says but is met with silence. "Excuse me! Sir, I asked you a question." Now turning slightly to the girl, the man is seen with an incomprehensible expression, one that quickly forms into a sinister grin, enticing a sense of urgency onto the pony-tailed girl. Suddenly, a giant explosion could be heard from the back of the plane, exactly where the girl and the presumed to be an old man had been standing.

"Amid the explosion, a giant streak of blood had covered the surrounding seats. This blood was Wendy's who had been attacked by the entity in front of her. This entity was not a man however, this… was a Demon. Now shedding from his imitating human skin, the demon is shown to have two black horns emerging from his skull and dark red skin. His eyes glow with malice and glee as a pool of the young woman's blood covers his lower torso.

Now lying lifelessly on the ground she starts to cough up blood, not being able to feel any of the pain as her body goes into shock. She has No idea what had just transpired as she lays there with a pool of blood surrounding her body. As her life begins to flash before her eyes, amid the various other passenger's screams of fear, she could hear the sound of her beloved screaming after her. "Wendy!!!" Scyron says, after taking witness to the situation. The entity standing over her, who could now only be described as a demonic monster is seen letting out a gigantic creature from the fold of his cloak. This slimy atrocity was a giant long sandworm, one that you might see in a fantasy-driven video game. The Worm beast struck every corner of the plane, causing explosions and chaos wherever it had struck. The plane, which now carried more casualties than safe passengers was now heading straight down, plummeting to the ocean. This single demon, without any further machinations, would cause a tragedy like no other, taking the lives of every single passenger on this plane.

"You Must Take Action…"

A fleeting voice is met by the paralyzed woman bleeding out on the ground. "You must take action, stop this demon!" These voices continue to speak around the dying woman. "Shut Up…. Can't you see I'm trying to die in peace here…" Wendy says subconsciously, ignoring the voices she only recently started being able to hear in her head. "It's your duty!" Another voice says, "You have been CHOSEN!" Wendy continues to push out these intrusive voices before thinking to herself.

"Damnit, how could I let this happen, I'm going to die before getting anywhere with Ronny. I had it all planned out! We were going to have a romantic getaway in Paris together, it would even end with him working up the courage to confess to me! It was going to be Perfect!" Feeling her subconscious fading, she slowly starts to close her eyes as she starts to slowly, but surely, slip away. "Oh well, I had a good run… Goodbye, My sweet Ronny…"

As if she were impaled once again, it finally hit her. "RONNY!" She screams out in her head before continuing. "No! Ronny, if I don't do something, this Demon will kill him too! And if not the demon then this plane going down surely will!" Now finding the strength to get up she listens to the fleeting voices once again. "You must take action!"

"Rise to the call, reach out, and claim its power!" She looks above her head and sees small blue flickers of light floating around her. "You have been chosen!" The Spirits cry out to the dying woman. Without warning, she is then engulfed in a blue flame, as a swarm of spirits invades her entire body.

"Choses, by what!? By who?" The spirits gathered around her speak once more. "The Gods demand a new champion, blessed by the spirits, you will act as our warrior, through our power you shall answer the call, and slay that demon!" The spirits say swarming around her, rejuvenating her body and enhancing her senses. "The Great Spirit, the one created by the Sun God Ra, has chosen you to be its harbinger. Through its flames, you shall be reborn and rise from its ashes!"

Now bursting with a vibrant blue flame, Wendy feels her resurrection taking full effect as she is filled by a power once foreign to her, this amazing mind-bending power known as one thing, Magic. After dying just now, she feels herself being truly reborn, she is now composed of a fundamentally different essence to her previous body, feeling herself to be stronger both spiritually and physically. The spirits work in unison around her as they connect her to the greatest spirit known to man, the one she owes her resurrection to, The everlasting firebird of resurrection, the Phoenix.

Now rejuvenated by a blue flame filled with passion, Wendy charges toward the demonic monstrosity, which had started harassing the remaining passengers. She yells out in anguish, not yet used to her new physique. "Get away from them!!!" With her battle cry heard, she throws a punch toward the demon, a punch engulfed in her blue flames. "GAAAH!" Taking the demon by surprise, he is stuck by Wendy's furious right hook. Wendy had taken several martial arts classes during her youth, not to mention the number of fights she got herself into defending Ronny from various bullies during their life together, so it's safe to say she was no novice when it came to defending herself and others.

"Wendy…! You're okay!" She looks ahead to see her childhood friend in question still standing, though leaning over in pain as he holds onto his side. "Ronny!" She screams out scared for his well-being. It seems like during the commotion, Scyron had been seriously injured, with the demonic worm still rucking up the insides of the plane. It's a wonder how he was able to survive. "I'm so glad you're alright! I thought you might have…" before he has a moment to finish, the evil worm in question strikes him from behind, ripping a huge hole from his stomach. "RONNY!" Wendy says, jumping towards him as he collapses to the ground. Now holding onto her beloved with tears in her eyes, she screams out his name in fear.

"Ronny! Say something! Ronny!!!" He lays there closing his eyes, as the fleeting chantings of his childhood friend start to become lower in volume. "Wendy…" He mutters before dropping his arm down onto the ground, his spirit presumably leaving his body. Now staring down at his lifeless body, her tears start pouring over the boy's face. "No! Please no! NO NO NO NO NO! Wake up, Ronny, please! I can't lose you, I won't!" She screams to the boy, his eyes remain cloth as she holds him closer.

The demon, who had finally recovered from Wendy's prior assault, starts to engage the couple on the ground, preparing to attack. "If only a miracle would happen…" Wendy thinks this to herself. Only a moment later she realizes she hadn't just thought it, she had said it, to the spirits surrounding her. She had only recently been made aware of the said lesser spirits' existence, yet she had learned to communicate with them during this dire situation. "I know I might be asking for too much, it may even be an impossible task to accomplish, but even so…"

"But even so… I need a Miracle!" She cries out to the spirits. Suddenly, past her link with the lesser spirits, she feels in the presence of the great spirit once again, this time the Phoenix which was once presented to her in a royal firing blue, is seen multi-changing colors until it stops at a bright shining gold flame. In the same instance it had appeared before them it disappeared, leaving the boy in her arms bursting in a flame of golden orange. Scyron Tategami had died, but he too now has been reborn through those golden flames.

After witnessing this miracle befallen them, Wendy is left with a sense of relief and indebtedness. She, for the rest of the time she may live, will be eternally grateful to the spirits, and the Phoenix for bringing these small miracles to her in this tragic scenario. Now as the demon had made its way over to them, Scyron who had jolted awake from his resurrection is seen bringing his hand up forward in self-definition.

"Look out!" He says in an attempt to defend Wendy from the incoming attack when suddenly, a blast of the golden inferno is shot from the boy's hands. Sending the demon back to its demise. They both take a moment to look at each other. Scyron, who had previously had Black spiky hair and dark eyes, now had eyes that shined a bright gold, with brown onyx hair, which permanently lightened from the fluctuation of magical power. Wendy had changed aesthetically as well. Her hair, previously a dark dirty blonde, was now a bright fiery blue, with eyes that shared its bright burning hue.

"You look really cool!" They both say in unison, before laughing abruptly, despite their dire situation they both can find comfort within each other. Their attention is then brought over to the demonic sandworm that's still roaming around the plane. They both start to feel a feeling of dread, suddenly being thrown into this world of demons and spirits, these two novices are fully aware they aren't prepared to deal with this situation. With many of the passengers dying, the rest passed out due to the extreme situation, the two rookies were on their own.

"Any ideas?" Wendy looks at the demonic entity and then subconsciously confides in the help of the spirits surrounding her. "Can you hear that Ronny?' He looks over to his now blue-colored beloved. "Hear what?" Wendy registers his lack of awareness as an answer to her question. It seems like even though he was resurrected, only she can communicate with the lesser spirits. "In any case, they're telling me we both have been given an affinity to fire magic! We should be able to shoot that thing down like you did with that demon guy earlier!"

Looking over at her he replies, "Eh? Who said that!? This is all super weird! I don't really get it, but it's worth a shot!" He says, getting closer to the blue-haired girl. "Hey Ugly! Over here!" Scyron yells, grabbing the worm's attention. Now gazing into the new fiery duo, it lunges forward toward them. "Steady…" Wendy says as she holds her hand forward, opening the palm of her hand and charging a fireball. Scyron begins to do the same, holding one hand forward and placing his other hand on Wendy's waist for support. Now side by side with each other, they copulate their flames as one.

"NOW!" They both scream out in unison, shooting the immense fireball at their target. The Demon worm is shot at point blank range, eliciting a scream of pain as it slowly burns away, the Flames of the phoenix being no feeble thing, it was designated to being a spirit that could replicate the flames of the sun itself! Now eliminate the foreseeable threat. The pair is now left with the realization of their still dire situation.

"That was great and all, but I don't see how firepower is going to get us out of this plane crash…" Scyron says dejectedly as they gaze out the plane's creases. Wendy, who was emitting a blue aura of sorts is filled down as she pays attention to Scyron's previous remark. "You know, flying doesn't seem all that bad right about now…" Wendy says a bit jokingly, though she is still saddened by their current situation. They both sit on the floor, leaning onto each other and holding hands. "Damnit, this sucks. I bet Paris would've been really fun… I'm sorry Wendy." Scyron says as he presumably gives up. "What are you apologizing for silly?~ This isn't your fault, besides, if I was going to spend my last moments with anyone, I'd be glad they’re with you!~" Wendy says, trying to stay optimistic for the sake of her beloved childhood friend.

"Hehe, yeah I guess so. I'm glad to spend my last moments with you too!" Scyron says, smiling back at his blue-haired companion. Suddenly, Wendy is hit with a fluctuation of memories she had held dear to her heart. All these memories consisted of her and Scyron. Every great moment they shared, every hug, every embrace, every word of comfort he spoke to her when she was at her lowest. Even to the faithful day, she had been sitting alone in a park, and he had the gull to walk up to her and hand her a flower. A flower for Pete's sake, one he probably pulled out of a nearby bush. Saying something of the likes of "It was just as pretty as her." Very cheap as one-liners go but to a ten-year-old girl with no friends, that meant the world to her. And from that first sweet moment, there were hundreds, if not millions more of those same moments to come as they grew up together. Oh, how she would wish to savor herself in hundreds more of those moments if they could only survive this disaster… At last, that future seems to be escaping her grasp the closer the plane reaches its climatic doom.

As she holds onto her beloved they gaze into each other's eyes. The whole world is burning around them but they don't care, they only continue to gaze into each other's eyes, both realizing they have been the most important characters in each other's lives thus far. "Ronny…" She says, hearing the turbulence get louder she puts no mind to it. "Wendy…" He says back, as they bring their faces closer to each other. And in their last fleeting moment, they share a kiss. As their lips separate from each other, Wendy slightly opens her eyes and gazes at his new golden ones. "I love you."

She says, to her long-standing childhood crush. But before she could entice an answer from him, a loud crash is heard of presumably the plane reaching its abrasive impact. The Plane had fallen and crashed, hitting the ocean and falling apart. After a few hours pass the site is met with several helicopters coming to its aid. Multiple people are being treated on lifeboats and carried up to safety onto the various helicopters. Although one woman had made her appearance along with the presumed governmental aid.

This Woman had pink hair and white wings. Yes, wings were placed on the back, for she was flying. Hovering just above the crashed site, she goes down into the water and picks up a boy who was presumably passed out in the floating waters. He had brown hair and was in a banged-up condition, yet he had no wounds on him whatsoever. The Woman in question holds the boy in her arms and flies him up, getting them closer to the sun. The boy who now fully heals from the wounds he received upon impact wakes up, staring at the beautiful pink-haired woman holding him.

"W-who are you…?" He says, still fuzzy on the situation. "My name is Boreas, I was sent here to aid you on your resurrection, but it looks like I got here too late…" the woman says, looking over at the various people receiving help upon the waters. Scyron looks down as his eyes look searchingly for a now foreign blue. "Wendy…! Where's Wendy!" Scyron says panicking, not being sure what had happened to her, his last fleeting memory being of her pushing him out of the plane before it hit the water. "Wendy, she was a family member, I believe that's what the reports said at least. "I'm sorry, but it seems like she might not have made it, I'm able to sense all the fleeting spirits in the area, and you're the only one I could sense here." Scyron looks wide-eyed at the pink-haired woman. "No… she has to be here somewhere. How do you even know about this!" Scyron says, demanding to know what's going on.

"I See, I'm sure you have many questions, and I am willing to answer them, but first you need to calm down." As the Sun starts to rise upon them Scyron stares breathlessly at the woman, only now realizing their height. They, more specifically her, were flying above the waters. "You and the girl you were traveling with were chosen. The Great Fire Spirit known as the Phoenix had deemed you two worthy. Despite what may have befallen the girl's fate thus far, it is without question you two are now Demigods."

She finishes off as the sun's light pierces the both of them. "Demigods…?" Scyron responds dumbfoundedly. Not only finding out that demons are real but demigods as well, only puts him in a state of complete perplexity. The moment he heard the name demigod be uttered, he received a flux of memories foreign to him, yet in a way they seemed familiar as well. "Yes, Demigods, I am such one as well. You may refer to me as the wind goddess, Boreas." Says the woman in a monotone voice. Now thinking back at the last words he heard Wendy repeat to him, he can feel the pain in his heart start to ache. "Wendy… I don't know what happened to you… but please be safe! I promise, no matter what, I'll find you again, so until then… wait for me!" Scyron says to himself, making a promise to reunite with his beloved childhood friend one day.

Blue flowers are blooming inside an empty cave. This cave is within a dark underwater passageway that is unacceptable to man. Within this cave lies only a single woman, one who emits a small blue light from her body. She had passed out due to her abrupt falling through an unknown passageway and now lays there, for an unforeseeable amount of time passes. She then slowly opens her eyes, the Blue Spirits surrounding her spark in joy, and a flux of flower lilies start to bloom around her body. The girl in question has now awakened, and here, in this passageway that leads to the Great Underwater Temple, is where her story begins.

9