Chapter 19: Spirit Flash
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19: Spirit Flash
Back in the City, Saliva is still helplessly held captive by the giant green monstrosity. 
“I… can’t” Silvia starts to pant out, her breath being taken away by the high altitude. She has no offensive capabilities, nor a connection to the spirits like her former, she is left at a loss in her current situation. The demon, though being carried up by the spirits, is still making his attempts to cause misery and chaos. He shoots his green laser beam across various directions, destroying infrastructure and causing explosions on the streets. The city has truly been thrown into disarray. The people of the city have been subject to the demon’s greed for far too long, the ensuing tendencies start to build within them through this chaotic event, the greed in turn making the demon stronger. All hope seems lost at the moment, Silvia is left with tears in her eyes, not seeing any hope in this dire situation, that is before her eyes draw up to the sky. The pair were already high up, reaching the height of the taller buildings in Tokyo. However, when she gazed up, she saw a glimmering blue light shining in the sky. Not only that, but it seems to be getting even closer. Upon her viewing, she started to be able to hear a familiar voice echoing in the sky.
“LET’S GO!!!” Silvia was able to hear, as the blue-haired warrior started screaming out at the top of her lungs while striking a powerful action pose. As if falling from the heavens, the spirit goddess had emerged, ready to end the coming conflict once and for all. 
“RIDER KICK!!!” She screamed out the moment her falling high kick made contact with the gigantic demon’s body. The kick was powerful, strong, and elegant; she had long since mastered the form of the legendary technique used by her hero, Kamen rider. The kick produces a super shockwave that elapsed from the demon, it cries in shock and bewilderment as it gets thrown deep into the air. After receiving such a powerful blow, it had no choice but to let go of the sister which he was holding captive. Silvia, now free from the demon’s grasp, finds herself falling to her doom from the heights she and the demon had reached. That is before the previously injured blue-maiden shoots down to the ground, ready to catch the nun in question.
“Are you alright?!” Wendy asks a disorientated Silvia, as she tries to make sense of her new scenery. As her mind catches up to the recent events she looks up into the fiery blue eyes of her savior.
“I… I think so… Thank you, Miss Wendy.” 
“Just Wendy!” The girl says putting the nun down. 
“Now let's see, how did I do that again…” Wendy ponders. She was able to recover from her injury, the latent phoenix ability within her was able to regenerate her physical injuries. Upon recovering, she then asked the spirits to boost her to the skies the same way they had done to the demon. Upon her attempt, she was able to reach higher heights than the green monster, putting in the first steps to the ability of levitation, or flight. She has now begun to attempt to use that technique again, boosting the spirits under her form, she shoots up to the sky, heading straight to the green monstrosity. Silvia is left in the dust, viewing the blue heroine charging straight into battle.
“How does she do it…” Silvia is left pondering, after viewing the girl take such an extensive blow, and still coming back to face off against the impending evil before her, the nun is left completely flabbergasted.
“She really is… a Goddess.” Before she knows it, her heart has begun to pound, as a scarlet blush overtakes her face.
“No.. more than that, she’s… a Hero, a Hero of Legend!”  With a blush that rivals Hibiki’s, Silvia is left to diverge in the chaotic nature of her newfound emotions. 
Wendy, shooting through the sky, is still left at a loss on how to deal with Greed. The monster is only progressively increasing in size, as it's consuming the greed of various civilians in the city. The people in the said city are causing chaos wherever they go, stealing and consuming their strongest desires from each other. Though she's not affected by the sin's influence any longer, Wendy can still hear it, the calamity spreading through her hometown. People robbing and hurting one another, doing things they would never find the heart to do otherwise, all being consumed by their greed. In an attempt to stop this monster from polluting the city any further, she asks for the aid of the spirits once again."Damn this thing, doesn't it know when to give up," Wendy says before doing a twirling spin kick up to the sky, the spirits surrounding her gave her a much-needed boost. Her elbow comes in contact with the green beast, sticking it up further into the sky. She uses this opportunity to gather some distance from the demon, trying her best to come up with her next course of action. The demon on the other hand was only now just recovering from the girl's powerful blow and had begun his lasering rampage again. Soaring through the skies, Wendy looks over her shoulder, to see two children fighting over what seems to be a superhero toy and are still left in a position that leaves them susceptible to an incoming attack. As she had feared, one of these lasers made its way over to the kids, forcing Wendy to spin around in the air towards the children's direction, taking the blow in their stead. Viewing the girl in front of them getting injured in their stead, the two boys snap out of the greedy trance.
"Onee-san!" They both scream at Wendy. Attempting to take a moment to heal from the pain of the blast, she turns back at the children.
"I'm okay! You two stop fighting with each other and learn to share okay? Now go find you, mommy!" The boys are astonished by what the girl just said, but decided to just give her a nod and run back to safety. Wendy looks back at the giant green monster floating in the sky, gripping her arm as she feels her regenerative abilities reaching their limit.
The blue spirits swarm across her, she focuses on her mind, meditating on the spot as she had done in the temple.  During this very battle, her spiritual connection has risen once again. This time she's able to extend her spirits radar across the majority of the infected city. As the spirits hover over the various individuals under their haze, their mere presence is enough to bring them back to reality and force them out of their hallucinations. In coming to their senses, the various groups of people register the incoming chaos of the situation and attempt to run for their lives

"Graaaah~" The monster in the sky is seen stirring up in his floating position, seemingly angered by the recent transgression.

"I see… You're mad, aren't you? With just a little push, I'm able to prove you wrong once again." The woman says with her hair covering her eyes.

"Yes, there are times when we'll be consumed by greed, it's only natural. We all want something in this life, and we all want desperately to attain it, but that doesn't mean we'll let that fall short of who we really are. Yes, we are greedy, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, it's fine to be greedy as long as we restrain ourselves from hurting others in the process. That's what you demons don't understand, you lack compassion, apathy." In response to this, the demon charges another laser from its mouth and shoots it directly at the girl. Wendy can dodge this blow, along with incoming others, while simultaneously building up as much spirit power as possible.

“I can hear it, the echoes and the prayers of people who want me to stop you, that need me to save them! But not only that… I can hear her too!" As she says this, the spirits surrounding the city follow a white-clouded nun in pursuit of the location of the most recent explosion. Her footsteps can be heard echoing in the distance as the girl in question runs straight into the line of fire, not paying any mind to her safety.

"I just need to get a bit closer!" Hibiki thinks of this as the spirits around her setting a path for her forward. She grabs around her neck and takes hold of the silvery Ankh placed around it. This Ankh is not the same one she was previously going to give to her precious Big Sister, but her own personal Ankh, the one she wears at all times.  After a few moments of running, Wendy is seen coming into her line of vision. She edges closer and closer as the demonic figure starts stirring up even more frustration in the sky.

"Gaaaah! I won't lose! I can't lose to a god once again, not to some fucking G-Girl!" This loud screech causes Wendy to smirk. As the demon charges one more giant green ball of energy to be shot from its mouth, it prepares to eradicate the girl where she stands.

"You're right, I am just a girl…" Wendy says while charging a swarm of flaming blue spirit energy around her. At the same time, not being able to reach Wendy in time, Hibiki decides the best course of action is to throw the silver Ankh in her imminent vicinity.

"But that's not all… I'll show you… The Full Extent, OF MY TRUE POWER!!" Wendy screams out, her overflowing spirit energy taking full effect as the ankh reaches her line of vision. Impulsively, and without any hesitation, she punches the Ankh with every last inch of her being. The Ankh then Shockingly absorbs the accumulated Spirit Magic, Concentrating into a ball of flaming blue energy, and shoots her own super-sonic laser toward the inflated Demon. The Green beam is met with a clash, as Wendy's blue energy beam meets it at a standstill in the middle of the sky. The energy beams clash for a moment before Wendy's shining blue energy overpowers the latter. Now consuming the dark green energy, the demon is left helpless as the blue energy bean completely consumes its size. After a few seconds of the blinding blue light covering the sky, the demon that once invaded the clouds was turned to nothing but ash.

"Good… riddance." Wendy pants out as her blue aura drops in its magnitude, the smoke from the explosion covers the sky, and the blue energy that was dispelled from the attack dispenses across the city, completely eradicating the effects of Greed. This causes the victor to feel her efforts had earned her enough reason to reward herself by collapsing onto the pavement below her.

"Onee-Sama!" Hibiki says, now finally catching up to the collapsed woman. Hibiki looks down at the collapsed warrior, her hands raised to the air as she screams out in shock.
“S-Shindeiru!!?” Hibiki screams out in terror, fearing she may have been too late. Wendy, with what little strength she has, looks up at the paranoid nun.

"Don't worry, I'm fine…! Just a bit tired is all."  Wendy says, mustering up a smile.

"Thank goodness!"Hibiki says with tears forming in her eyes. The pair continue to smile at each other when they notice Sister Silvia running up to them.

"There you two are! That monster was getting way too big! But I see you were able to stop him somehow…" Silvia says as she examines the situation, she then looks over to Hibiki before continuing.

"I see you couldn't help but get yourself involved, Hibiki." The girl in question suddenly sports a crimson blush on her face.

"Well of course! I couldn't just let my Onee-Sama fight all by herself!" The Older sister smiles at this before knocking the girl lightly on the head.

"Whatever you say." The two girls share a laugh before the book the older one is holding is suddenly consumed by a green aura, after a few moments of what seems to be stirring, the book calms down.

"I see, so it did end up sealing it then," Silvia says, as her assumption seems to be solidified.

"We had better get her back to the church so she may heal, we'll have to deal with a lot of the backlash of today's events, so the sooner we return to the church the better," Silvia says, staring at the two girls in front of her.

"Hai!" Says Hibiki as she brings her hand up her head in a salute-like manner. Wendy, on the other hand, closes her eyes in peace while still lying on the ground. Now happy that the hard part is over, she attempts to rest her mind in hopes that Greed is the worst of the sins to come.

Within the confines of the Egyptian Orthodox Church's Tokyo location, four girls can be seen taking a bath in the cathedral's bathing quarters. Steam covers the corners of the room as soap bubbles float in the air, the sound of various scrubbing motions ensues as the members of the church attempt to recover from the recent battle through the shared bath.

"Seriously, how did I end up here anyways," Wendy says out loud, taking in her surroundings once again.

"What do you mean, Onee-Sama?" Hibiki interjects, sitting right beside Wendy as she scrubs a cloth filled with bathing soap on her arm. Wendy does the same, and after a moment she proceeds to use the handheld shower to rinse herself clean.

"It's just I'm not used to showering with other people. And why does a church have such a big bathhouse within it anyway!" Wendy says, as the two individuals to her left, pique their interest in the topic.

"This cathedral was only built recently, the construction had been laid out on top of an old onsen inn that went out of business a few years ago. This is the first Church under our Denomination we were able to open in Japan." Silvia interjects, still carrying her glasses on her face within the bathhouse, scrubbing away like the others.

"Ho ho ho~ With how you carry yourself usually, one would think you'd be far above feeling humility to your nude body!" Gilda points out who's sitting besides Silvia. Wendy grew a vein on the side of her cheek before biting back.

"I didn't say I was embarrassed, I just said I'm not used to it!" Wendy says this while hearing the arrogant sisters laughing echo the bathhouse.

"Be that as it may, Women who go around showing their bodies to the public are often the most abashed when it comes to their actual figure. For instance, I would never wear such tight and revealing clothing to entice onlookers because I already know I have a body that would knock any guy out of the park." Silvia says referring to her moderately small bust size.

"You shouldn't even be thinking like that, you're a nun after all," Silvia interjects before the girls are interrupted by the smallest of the group.

"That is ridiculous! Yes, Onee-Sama may wear revealing clothing here and there, but that doesn't mean she has low confidence, she simply is proud to showcase her amazing body to the world!" Wendy closes her eyes, scrubbing away and trying to tune out the current conversation.

"Amazing body? You give that girl too much credit Hibiki."

"But it's true! I mean just look!" Once Hibiki says this, she abruptly grabs Wendy's breast from behind. Not realizing the girl had all but sneaked up behind her, Wendy's eyes jolted open in shock.

"Hibiki! Where do you think you're touching!" Wendy says in a flustered tone. The girl in question pays her no mind, however, as her hand gropes around the woman's breath in a circular manner.

"Oh wow… they're a lot softer than I thought they'd be," Hibiki says as she continues her fondling. Wendy can be seen panting, and letting out a few moans as a blush is scattered across her face. Hibiki, who had never grabbed a pair of breasts before, was surprisingly gifted at her skill. She squeezes and rubs them up and down, her fingers reaching the soft poked-out tips on the breast, and gives them a soft pinch.

"Haaaa~"

"Oh! So even Onee-Sama is capable of letting out such an enticing sound~"  Hibiki says before turning her head over to the appalled Gilda, who had never suspected the smaller sister to be capable of committing such a sexual act.

"You see Gilda, she may be Modest, but Onee-Sama has a perfect and beautiful form that no person could ever truly resist!" After proudly declaring this, Hibiki is suddenly hit with a furious chop to the head, having her land straight on her butt.

"Knock it off already!" Wendy yells after reclining her fist back to her slide. The pair of sisters to her left hold different expressions. The older of the two seems unaffected by the events that transpired. The other one on the other hand holds a more bashful and bewildered expression.

"Don't you think you were a bit too hard on her? Silvia asks, scrubbing her hair with soap.

"I have no sympathy for perverts…" Wendy says, deciding to finish her bathing routine. To her right, an unconscious Hibiki is seen mumbling to herself as floating spirits begin circling her head.

After the girls completed their showers, they can all be seen walking into the shared changing room in their bathrobes. The pair of sisters are each taking care of their feminine needs, one blow drying her hair while the latter applies various lotions on her skin.

"So how did you end up defeating Greed, Miss Wendy?" Silvia asks as she takes a moment to look over at the blue-haired girl, who is taking a moment to view something on her phone.

"Oh, that? Let me recall, I had lost my sword after he used his abilities to fling it across the city, I had needed something to concentrate all my energy towards..." As she says this, she turns over to look at the sister leaning on her shoulder, currently blow-drying her hair.

"And then I remembered something Father Issac had told me when I arrived this morning..." The scene changes to when Wendy first arrives at the church's gates in the morning, upon arrival she can see the tall Priest watering some flowers before turning his head to greet her.

"Good Morning Miss Wendy."

"Good Morning! How are you, father?" She asks rather melancholy. The father shows a light smile on his face before replying.

"I'm doing fine this morning, thank you… Hmm." Wendy blinks twice at his sudden perplexed expression.

"Is something the matter?"

"No nothing. It's just, I thought you'd be wearing it."

"Wearing what?' Wendy asks, honestly not having any clue what the Father is speaking of.

"Oh it's really not my business to tell, Hibiki had seemed very excited to deliver it to you all, she probably didn't have a chance to yet." After hearing this, Wendy is left with a blank on what the spunky little nun was enticing to give to her.
"And that's that!" Wendy finishes off. Silvia doesn't seem satisfied yet, so she proceeds to interject a bit more.

"Forgive me, but I don't see how that helped in your victory against Greed."

"Oh well like I said, I needed something to concentrate my firepower, and it turned out what Hibiki had wanted to give me was an Ankh. It all happened so quickly, but during the last moments of the battle, my mind quickly concluded that this ankh was a holy artifact, similar to her white dress. And since her dress can withhold a vast amount of spirit magic, I thought the ankh would be no different." Silvia Takes in this information before nodding her head.

"I see, so you used the Ankh she provided to concentrate your power and destroy the demon with a beam of condensed spirit energy."

"Spirit FLASH!" The girl's conversation is brought to a halt when the sister sitting between them screams out the newly appointed name while striking a pose. Not paying any mind to the vigorous, Dragon Ball-sounding name the sister just appointed, the girls continue their discussion.

"In any case, you really came at the knick of time back there, I owe you one Hibiki," Wendy says, smiling at the younger girl. Hibiki takes a moment to register what the older woman has to say, but once the realization hits her, her signature blush springs across her face.

"Me! Oh no no, don't worry about it Onee-Sama! You're the one who did all the heavy lifting! I just wanted to provide some support for you all!" Silvia interrupts this exchange to put it in her own words.

"In any case, you do have a talent for showing up to places at the right time, not just today but back in Cairo you did a lot to help retrieve the kidnappees as well." Gilda then takes her turn to speak up.

"Yes, I heard about that too, for someone who's not even a demigoddess you have been pulling your weight as of recently!" The girl is shocked by the recent remarks of approval from her fellow sisters. Her eyes look down to the corner of the room as she attempts to conceal her blush.

"Oh jeez… Thanks, you two, but I'm not…" Wendy looks directly at the smaller girl, as she examines her red face, she concludes that she must not be used to receiving such praise. Feeling a new sense of pride overtake her, Wendy brings her hand forward and places it on the young sister's head.

"You've done well today, Hibiki.'' Now reaching her limit, the sister can be seen fuming with smoke from her head, her skin shining as red as an apple as she stumbles over herself.

"O-o-onee-Sama!" These are the last words she can be heard saying before passing out once again.

"Wow, she got so excited she passed out," Gilda says, being shocked one too many times today. Wendy, now finished with her after-shower routine, carries the little sister on her back before heading to the exit. 

"I'll carry her back to her room, you two have a good night then." The pair of sisters bid their farewell to the friendly goddess exiting the changing room. Silvia’s mind lingers upon the events of the day, solidifying a newfound respect she had for the blue-haired maiden, one she hopes she can get to know a little better as time goes on. Gilda was also pondering as well, looking at the door the two had just exited through, she took notice of how companionable the two girls had looked.  

"They look pretty cute together, Don't you think Sister?" Silvia says, grabbing onto a towel by the dresser. The pair stare at the exit, as Gilda takes a moment to take in a moment to think over the words Gilda had just muttered, before a small smile starts appearing on her lips. 

"Yes, I suppose so~"

0