Chapter 53. Unaware of Oriole Behind
1k 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Captain Aurora, are you perhaps a prophet? Everything happened just like what you said!" Tix sincerely praised her, staring at her in awe.

If Aurora hadn't made an agreement with them in advance and they foolishly accepted the mission and came here, it would be his Moon Wolf who fell into this embarrassing situation.

"But, it seems that the battle is fiercer than what I expected, I don't know who will have the upper hand in this fight."

Although a lot of Raging Tempest's members had fallen, their opponent's situation looked not much better. The snake gradually became bloodier, riddled with scratches and wounds, and the original scales on its body also shattered a lot.

"That giant axe wielded by Olsen should also be an Elite weapon, but it doesn't look particularly famous." Aurora recalled all kinds of weapons in her memory, but no matter how hard she tried, she still didn't have any impression of Olsen's giant axe.

"That axe should've been passed down by Olsen's grandfather. The rumor said when it was forged, some precious metal was added to it, so the toughness was almost comparable to that of an Elite-level weapons." Tix explained.

"I see."

"Then, when should we make the move?" Tix's eyes gleamed with a fierce fighting spirit as he felt his blood boiling in anticipation. When would he get a better chance to screw up that bastard Olsen? He wished he could rush down at this very second and give him a severe blow. Let's see what kind of face he would make?

"No hurry. Let's wait and see for now." Aurora patted him on the shoulder, reminding him not to act rashly for the time being. "No matter what happens, you must follow my instruction. Don't act recklessly, you understand, Mr. Tix?"

"Well… If that's what you say," Tix reluctantly nodded and watched them fight in silence.

*

While the two of them watched from the distance, Olsen was currently engaged in a fierce battle with the giant serpent. Olsen cleaved the snake's scales with his axe, blood spraying out of the wound and smearing on his face as the axe tore the snake's flesh open.

"Uurgh…"

As the sweet smell of blood wafted into his nostrils, his head was suddenly assaulted by a sudden dizziness, causing his body to wobble slightly and his vision to gradually turn blurry and disorienting.

"Not good! This blood is poisonous..."

Under the cover of the rangers' arrows, Olsen withdrew his giant axe and swiftly retreated to the back. After arriving at a safer place, he opened his belt pocket, frantically groped for the antidote inside, and swallowed the blue liquid inside in a single gulp. Soon, his dizziness started to lessen.

"Concentrate your attack on the snake's wounds! Be careful not to be in contact with the blood, it's poisonous!"

"Roger that!"

The rangers adjusted their trajectories and shot precisely toward the big wound on the giant serpent's body. Without any scale to protect it, the arrows easily pierced through its flesh, causing the giant serpent to flail about wildly, hissing in pain.

"Damn it!"

The black-robed man cursed furiously and immediately summoned a magic wand into his hand, a spell chant flowing out of his mouth, and a dark light streaming into the snake's head.

Its eyes gleamed with scarlet light, glaring at the group of people who attacked it with killing intent as the snake opened its jaw widely and a cloud of black miasma rolled out of its mouth, blasting toward its enemy.

All of the vegetation on the miasma's path instantly withered, showing how potent the toxic substance contained within was.

"Spread out!"

Olsan roared as he jumped with all his strength to avoid the incoming attack.

All the mercenaries soon followed, scurrying away with all their might from the miasma path to save their tiny lives, lamenting why they were just born with two feet at this moment.

The rangers outside the attack range had already positioned themselves on the tops of the trees, igniting their arrows with flints that they'd taken from their bag and releasing them toward the giant serpents.

Booom!!

To their shock, the black miasma exploded as soon as it came into contact with the flaming arrows, blasting the unprepared mercenaries below. Olsen and the other mercenaries were thrown off their feet by the shock wave generated by the explosion.

Two unlucky fellows were knocked down by their comrades in their escape, and the black miasma mercilessly swallowed the two of them, causing their exposed skin to blacken and melt instantly. Before they could escape, the explosion caused by the fire arrow blew these men into the sky in the next second.

*

"Haha. These bastards from Raging Tempest are also experts in friendly fires!" Aurora chuckled lightly as she watched how the rangers screwed their comrades up and gave them a big thumbs-up.

"Well, it's not surprising. After all, most of Raging Tempest's members are composed of this kind of trash. If their leader isn't so powerful, they might already be wiped out at some points."

Tix didn't try to mince his words at all and snorted in contempt regarding their disastrous performance, but when he mentioned their leader, a trace of fear still flashed in his eyes.

"Mr. Tix, you don't need to worry too much. We'll definitely destroy them sooner or later." Aurora's eyes turned icy cold as she watched the rangers trying to disperse the black miasma in the area. "This time, it's just an appetizer. Soon, their leader will follow them to hell."

Sensing the thick killing intent in Aurora's voice, Tix couldn't help but swallow and nod in agreement.

*

After several volleys of flaming arrows, the black smoke that swept towards them was blocked by the continuous explosion until it disappeared.

"Good job! The miasma has been cleared out! We will split into three groups and besiege the giant serpent from every direction!"

Olsen immediately rallied the others to attack together, but they didn't expect that when they rushed over, the wounded Black Serpent had already recovered from all its wounds and been waiting for them to fall into its trap.

"Fuck!"

Olsen cursed fiercely inwardly as he realized they were in a deep shit. But even so, he could only bite the bullet and continue trudging forward.

"Gigantic Hammer!"

Olsen rolled sideways to avoid the black snake's bite, and then whirled the huge axe quickly towards the black snake's body like a strong gust.

A storm-like attack was accompanied by the crackling sound of scales breaking and shattering. The black serpent roared furiously from excruciating pain and slammed its head fiercely at the man who made it suffer in retaliation.

Olsen rolled on the ground for several meters until he slammed into the nearby trees. His clothes were a mess, torn and tattered, and his face was full of dirt like a beaten dog.

He spit out the blood in his mouth as he got up and resisted the sharp pain from his internal injuries. He took out a small bottle of blood-red potion from his bag and held it in his hand but didn't immediately consume it.

His expression turned solemn. This potion was specially awarded to him by his boss when he made a great contribution before. It was said that after ingesting this potion, your strength would burst out by several fold in a short period of time. However, the side effects were also severe. Once the effect has worn off, you will fall into a powerless state, and it will take you at least a month to recover.

If he couldn't kill the enemy in front of him before the effect of the medicine expired, he would end up as the snake's snack and be a little nourishment for the forest as the snake's shit.

Olsen's body shuddered involuntarily as he imagined the fate awaiting him.

Fight!

Olsen gritted his teeth as he flicked the lid open and gulped down the potion in a single gulp.

"Guaaah!"

After taking the potion, a sudden change occurred in Olsen's body. He felt as if a mass of hot magma was rushing down his throat to his stomach, and then the hot feeling spread from his stomach to his whole body. His blood boiled with enormous power along with scorching heat.

The already bulky muscles swelled up in size, making his huge body even bigger, like a mutating professor from one of the superhero movies in Aurora's previous world, except that his skin didn't turn green but red instead.

With the newfound strength, Olsen's eyes gleam a fierce light as he swung his huge axe and hacked the black snake.

*

"Huh? It's actually a berserk potion." Aurora frowned slightly. It seemed that Olsen had driven himself to the point of desperation.

"Lady Aurora, do you recognize that thing?" Tix asked curiously. He had never seen something like that before, despite his rich experiences as a mercenary.

"Yes. This berserk potion is a product of alchemy, but its usage is akin to a double-edged sword. Although it can increase the user's strength temporarily, it'll cause severe damage to their body. Not only does the recovery period take a long time, but even if he recovers later, he won't be able to reach his current strength nor continue to improve."

Aurora managed to explain in a way that Tix could easily understand. After all, it was impossible for her to say that the side effect of the potion was to randomly drop the user's level by 1-3 levels.

Not only did this world not seem to distinguish strengths according to level, but if she explained it as it was, she would only be regarded as a lunatic by the other.

*

Sensing Olsen rushing over, the giant snake swept its tail and flung one of the mercenaries around it directly in his direction, the mercenary screaming as his body shot like an arrow toward his captain.

Olsen leaped over the man as he passed by, stepped on his body, and performed another jump. When he was at the highest point, he swung the huge axe and slashed down on its tail.

"Hiss!"

Having been severed from its tail, the huge black serpent flailed about wildly and roared violently in indignation. It was the first time in its long life that it had suffered such humiliation. The surrounding trees snapped and collapsed like they were being hit by a bulldozer when the snake's long body slammed into them.

"Our leader is mighty!!!"

The surrounding mercenaries raised their weapons and cheered.

"Damn it... you dare to hurt my baby..."

The black-robed man was accidentally thrown into the mud nearby when the black snake rolled just now. The eyes of the black snake reddened with anger.

"You all must die!"

He waved his wand and fired dark magic bullets at these mercenaries.

"Don't worry about the black snake, kill this black-robed man with all your strength!" Olsen immediately switched his target and rushed towards the black-robed man.

Under the black-robed man's control, one after another magic bullets shot toward him like a machine gun. Facing the storm of magical bullets, Olsen swung the giant axe in his hand and smashed the bullets one by one. In the blink of an eye, he reached the black-robed man, and just with a swing of her axe, he could finally crush this motherfucker.

"Go to hell!"

The moment Olsen arrived in front of him, the black-robed man suddenly pulled his black robe away, and the pitch-black snakes inside sprung at their enemy, leaping toward him like an arrow from a bow.

"Crap!"

Olsen instinctively leaned back and stomped his feet on the ground to propel him backward while killing the black snakes one by one with a rapid slash, but in the end he still missed a fish that slipped through the net and was bitten hard on the shoulder.

The moment he was bitten, he felt a numbness in his shoulder, stretched out his hand and tore the black snake off and threw it on the ground, trampling on it into a pulp.

"Hahahaha! You have been poisoned by my snake, go to hell, you bastard!"

The man in black laughed wildly and pointed at Olsen with his wand, and in the next second, a magic bullet condensed with thick, dark elements shot out from the magic stone on its crown.

"Leader!"

The surrounding mercenaries ran towards him with all their strength, but the speed of the magic bullet was so fast that they couldn't reach him in time.

Facing this critical moment, Olsen could only hold the giant axe across his chest to block the magic bullet.

Kabooom!!!

Olsen felt as if he was hit by a high-speed carriage and flew out instantly. Even with the strength boost from the potion, the impact was so great that he was still knocked away and crashed into nearby trees. Another mouthful of blood was vomited from his throat.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

At this moment, a barrage of arrows shot toward the black-robed man, who was about to release another round of magic bullets.

"Annoying bugs!" As the man in black snorted coldly, a purple protective shield immediately appeared in front of him to block all these arrows.

With a wave of the magic wand, dark magic circles suddenly appeared under the feet of these rangers, and dozens of chains burst out from them, firmly chaining them where they stood. At the same time, strands of dark elements emerged in the void, and magic arrows were shot at them.

"Don't even think about it!"

The remaining mercenaries and Olsen tried their best to block the incoming magic bullets, but even though they covered them in a hurry, one of the rangers still died after being pierced by the magic bullet right through his heart.

"The good show is almost over. It's time for us to reap the benefits of the fishermen."

Aurora cued Tix with her eyes, and the latter nodded in understanding, then called his companions to spread out and encircle them.

 

50