The Toyohashi Dungeon Gate Raid. [2]
106 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/n: Yohoo~! Nakamura Shun here~! Yes, I changed my pen name to "Nakamura Shun". God, how long has it been since I uploaded a new chapter? Sorry! Shit planning got in the way so I had to plan new things to go with the stories already existing flow. That, and my life as a student. Creation is hard, cheer me up with power stones! If you do like the story, add it to library! Also, have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know. I might just add it you know? Anyways, 1759 words, here you go!

<<<<><>>>>|<<<<><>>>>|<<<<><>>>>

Winds of despair flew and swirled around as I look forward with my all, casting a spell that focused on sniping down giant enemies or a whole squadron of people, having enough power to blast though literal walls of the strongest metal available.

Bright starlight gathered on my fingertips as streams of golden mana flowed towards the magic circle right above me. The gate broke as a giant creature what I could describe to be a bird in flames.

The giant bird screeched as I let out a smirk, "Falchion of Stars." I softly spoke, those words, but they seemed to resonate in the immediate surrounding as a beam of starlight blitzed behind me.

Shlick! The sound of something sharp piercing flesh as the silhouette of the giant flaming bird from earlier was reduced to just its wings and legs, its torso and head completely gone as it was disintegrated.

Having no wings or anything to hold all that weight flying in the air, all the body parts that were left from the monster crashed down into the river below, the water giving way to the immense weight.

Having the space in front of the gate cleared, more giant flaming birds appeared in front of it as all the hunters in the immediate area snapped back to reality and let out a war cry, this day was bound to be bloody.

Me, Reine, and the other four made our way into the ranks of roasted chickens as any that escaped, although barely alive, would be taken out by the lower ranking hunters cleanly and efficiently.

The expectation of all the people around Japan, expected a fight, but they never expected an overwhelming and overpowering display of ability by the [Eos] Guild; not today– not tomorrow, not in forever.

Flames devoured everything in sight as I tried my best to localize the damage as much as I could to further, enhance the appeal that [Eos] was a powerful guild, a trustworthy guild, and the last of all, capable in all aspects.

A perfect organization. On beat command and obedience from the higher ups and lower ranking hunters. A guild that could coordinate with each other efficiently at the least and better if put more effort.

An organization, so brilliant that it overshadows whatever one has already seen. An organization so perfect any other compared to it will be just a speck of dust. "I wonder, I truly wonder how much more I need…"

I muttered in a soft and mellow tone, conjuring up countless lances of pure starlight into existence with a mere raise of my hand. They differed in colour, some were blue, some were red, some were bright orange.

"It doesn't matter. They'll all drop down dead like flies after all." My voice shot out into the surrounding river and bridge as– "Star-Fall!!" the thousand lights fell down like meteors falling from the heavens.

A meteor shower to be exact. "It's a sight to behold, heavenly bodies, raining down like mere snow at a blizzarding day. Quite the irony." I spoke, and certainly didn't expect it to be something I'll say again.

As the last foe from the gigantic gate fell down, a blast of ear-splitting cheers hit my senses as I look down towards all the other hunters present in the area. A sense of pride swelled in me as I looked upon all of them.

Reine the guild master, second to only me in the guild authority. Her skills are with the sword and leading people. "You are my excellent right hand and sword."

Yua, Yūma's sister, a person who looks up to me with utmost respect, was what she said. She is talented in the way of casting bullshit spells, "You are my precious and cute disciple."

Yūma, a casual guy whose presence you would enjoy, he lightens up the mood every time after all. He uses the standard shield and sword, very bad at the tank role though. "Haha…"

And finally; Haruka. A guy who I have found to be introverted, a good friend of Kazuya, and is a good friend of mine too. Alike Reine, he uses the sword, and he's very skilled. "Haha."

Yes, they only deserve 'haha' as a comment. The both of them looked at me with a betrayed expression. "You're both old and ugly men, I don't want to say anything about you."

I explained, more like joked, as they received maximum emotional and spiritual damage. Spitting blood and all that bullshit. Truth be told though. They're actually just at the age of 20.

And they surely are very handsome, I'm just dissing the both of them for funsies. "Anyways…" I took up the flag again and raised it high into the sky. "I declare hereby that the S-class Dungeon of Toyohashi City, Japan has been completed!"

Countless cheers of everyone present erupted again as a soft and warm smile graced my face, Zenith phantomized as she rushed to my position. I stood there, unmoving as Zenith passed by and the next second, I was gone from the scene.

The next moment I opened my eyes I was met with the familiar office at the very top of a building whose sheer height dwarfed any nearby building in its vicinity. Having myself staring out into the city of Tokyo just below.

I turned around and sat down on my seat as I looked over the stacks of papers and several monitors showing various graphing and programs running in the background, numbers, in the millions showing up and steadily increasing in value.

I pressed a button, alerting the presence of and directing a call towards Kazuya. "Kazuya, come to the office, quickly. We need to plan additional things in accordance to the recent events and how we should proceed along with the changes."

A long silence stretched out as I sweat dropped. "…Grand Guild Master, no! Akari… That's quite the demand you're taking considering you left us all here at the coast of southern Honshu. All 826 of us here all for a fancy exit."

Another long stretch of silence ensued as I sweat-dropped at his statement. "Kazuya, I-… I don't mean it, I swear! I was swept by the momentum of the moment and did it by instinct, I did nothing wrong here!"

In a futile attempt to fight back, I spoke those words in a quick-fire succession. "Oh… Really?" He spoke through the comms, quite literally miles apart from me, but I still felt a chill run down my back.

"Hmm, I wonder… Is that really true are you just lying about prioritising a flashy exit than just flashing away every single guild member present at the site of the first dungeon gate present in the whole world?"

"I doubt that, that really is the case for what had happened, A, KA, RI." A voice filled with eldritch levels of madness reached my ears as I felt the thin blade of death hanging just millimetres away from my neck.

"*Heeeee* Kazuya! Calm down! I really mean it! It was not my intention at all! Stop making me cry!!" I cried out as Kazuya loomed over the holographic screen with a look of pure and utter wrath present in his face.

"REEEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYYYYYY????" He dragged out the question as the amount of bloodlust made me want to hang up on the call and huddle in the corner of my room with several layers of defensive magic ready.

"*Hnnng**sniffles* Alright!! Alright!! I get it, I'm sorry for leaving everyone in Toyohashi and teleport back to Tokyo alone!! I'm sooowwwy!! I'll bring everyone back right now…" I let out a hick and began chanting.

"Geez, Kazuya is such a mean guy! Can't he let a regular 7-year-old go?" I asked myself as I waved my hands around the air, gathering an unholy amount of ambient mana. "Though I'm not as one bit normal."

The sky darkened outside of the EOS guild building as the gigantic magic circles etched unto the centre of every floor of the building gradually lit up one by one starting from the lowest first floor, going upwards.

Mana swirled in the air towards the building as all the magic circles inscribed widened, making the entire building look like a pillar of light. A calm look dawned on my face as I pointed towards the sky.

"Cornerstone of light, thou with the strength to rend space and bend time, heed my call to seek my friends and bring them back to my presence...!" I softly spoke with a tone of deep authority laced within.

A globe appeared before my eyes and a sniper sight appeared on my left eye, I searched for every single member of the raid group and firstly found Kazuya, to which a bullseye target appeared above him in real time.

He looked up at the target and muttered my name in confusion. "Akari?? Why is there a target above my head???" I smirked as my sense expanded from him and eventually every single member was marked.

"Lock on." I spoke, as Kazuya clearly heard it on the comms. "You piece of shi-!" A loud rumbling sound blocked any further than his first curse of profanity as a literal pillar of light came out of the guild building, shooting into the sky.

In an instant, everyone appeared in the guild building in their respective shared or single offices, while Kazuya and Reine appeared in front of me. Reine had a look like she had a migraine, while Kazuya…

"*Puking Noises* You little shi- *more puking noises* You know that I'm just a measly 1-star mana sensitivity hunter and you pull a teleportation spell that exposes the hunter with a massive amount of mana!! *More puke*

'Yeah, we all know he be mid, he's fairly smart though. Makes me surprised why he didn't get scouted by other guilds in my past life if he could manage an empire built on hunters single-handedly.' I thought.

I look back towards Reine, she still had a look that told a headache is present. Still, her hair is a flutter, her uniform is neat and tidy, like she didn't go to a grand battle after all. "Grand guild master, I think that was a bit… unnecessary."

Noticing my subtle glance at her, she spoke, her index finger pointing towards Kazuya that is quite literally passed out on the floor; surrounded by his puke. He was twitching ever so slightly occasionally. "Yeah.... for the 4,567th time, I agree with you."

4