CHAPTER 3 – Bean Tacos: Simple, Filling, and Delicious.
14 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 3 - Bean Tacos: Simple, Filling, and Delicious.

We stored all the bodies of the goblins in the [Magical Storage] and left the cave. We searched the area to see if we could find anything useful, like money, but all we found were human remains, sex toys, and... photographs of naked men.

I don't know what surprises me more, that the goblins in this world are perverted females, or that a goblin's head can fit into that "hole". I say this because the photographs I found showed what the goblins were doing to their victims, and in one of the photos, a goblin had its head, literally its head, inside a man's "hole"! If Kevs hadn't saved me, that could have been me!

I hope this world is not full of perverted monsters like the goblins. And I hope humans aren't equally perverted! I don't want to see disgusting things in a human city, like sex slaves or worse things that I don't even want to imagine.

It's better to forget what I saw and just think about what I'll make for dinner.

"Thank you very much for your purchase!"

"I hope to collaborate with you in the future," the merchant said to me as he shook my hand, sealing our deal.

I waited on the road for a merchant to pass by. I waited for about 20 minutes, and a merchant appeared, accompanied by a group of adventurers.

They thought I was a bandit and tried to kill me, but I managed to shout at them that I only wanted to sell an Orc to the merchant. Upon hearing that, the merchant stopped them and asked me for more information about the Orc.

Kevs wanted to protect me, but I asked him not to do anything, as I don't want them to discover that my dog is powerful. That would ruin our normal life. After all, the existence of a powerful dog is probably very rare in this world, so I asked him to only use his power in public in cases of emergency to avoid people investigating him.

After calming down, I took the Orc out of my [Magical Storage], and he was fascinated. The adventurers interrogated me about where I had obtained it. I told them that someone saved me from being killed by the Orc and gave me its corpse. Among them was a kind of woman dressed as a nun, and I say "kind of woman" because her eyes were almost completely black, except for her red pupils. I don't know if she was a woman or a demon. It doesn't matter; what's important is that Kevs told me that this woman might have the ability to detect lies, so I didn't take any risks and told them the truth, or at least part of it.

Kevs defeated the Orc and gave me its corpse, so I didn't lie to them.

I also sold the goblins and told them that the same person saved me from being used as a sex toy by the goblins, and when I told them that, they...

"Hahahahahaha! Did you really fall into the trap of some goblins?!"

"Your luck is crap, bro! It's the first time I've heard of someone falling into a goblin's trap! Hahahahahaha!"

Everyone, including the merchant, mocked me. Kevs asked for permission to kill them, but I quickly shook my head and told him not to.

Are goblins really that weak? Ah, I feel my dignity disappearing from my body.

Anyway, I finished doing business, and thanks to the financial advice given by his [Wise] ability, Kevs helped me close the deal, getting a fair price for all the goblins and the Orc.

In total, he paid me 1,683,100 Zeus, which would be $84,155. I almost had a heart attack when I learned how much an Orc was worth, but Kevs told me that Orcs can only be defeated by S and A rank adventurers, which is why they are sold at a high price. It's no surprise that the merchant wanted to hear my offer when he heard about the Orc.

The Zeus currency is inspired by the God Zeus, and one dollar is equal to 20 Zeus.

There are bills and coins, and the merchant paid me with a bundle of bills.

After paying me and storing the bodies in his own [Magical Storage] (because yes, he also had that ability), he left.

"Ah, my [Magical Storage] turned out to be a common ability."

"Don't worry, master, it's a rare ability, it's just that merchants commonly acquire it."

"That makes more sense... Well, let's see what we can get with this. We'll be staying here all night, so let's at least have something in our stomachs."

The merchant was heading to another city, and we were heading to the Capital, which is why I didn't ask him for a ride.

I was planning to go to the Capital, but the merchant told me that the entrance to the city closes at night, so I have to wait until tomorrow to be able to enter.

We had to sleep in this place. I'm not afraid because Kevs is by my side, but I didn't want to sleep on the floor! Ah, just for one night, Dann, just one night.

"Activate: [Ingredient Creation]."

The magic screen appeared, and since I know perfectly well that I don't have enough for the recipes, I will only buy ingredients.

"Well, we have 84,155 dollars at our disposal. It will hurt to spend so much, but we can get so much more."

I touched the materials option. Without kitchen materials, how am I going to cook? First, I will buy the most essential item: the frying pan.

There are many options for frying pans, blenders, mixers, pots, knives, and so on.

Mmm... Let's see... I will buy the frying pan, which costs 30,000 dollars. Oh, how painful it will be to do this! 30,000 for a simple frying pan!

"K-Kevs, how underdeveloped is this world? Is it worth spending 30,000 dollars on just one frying pan?"

"My ability tells me that this world has no technology at all, and the cooking materials used are of the worst quality. Even the kitchen materials of the richest people are garbage compared to those in your world, Master."

"Oh... Then it is necessary."

I won't eat something made in such a useless frying pan.

I have always thought that quantity matters more than quality, but now I agree that quality matters much more, at least when it comes to frying pans.

Well... Mmm... How do I deposit the money?

"Ah... This..."

I lifted the stack of bills.

"Do I want to deposit this?"

I touched the screen with the money and the bills magically turned into dust and disappeared. Goodbye, money!

I-it hurt to do it, but it's an investment! It will be worth it to cook delicious food!

"W-well, it's marked as deposited now. Let's buy it."

I bought the frying pan and immediately a box appeared in front of us.

"Oh, immediate delivery. What great service. I'll give it 5 stars."

"Do you want me to open it for you, Master?"

"Don't worry, Kevs, I'll do it."

I took the box with my hands and opened it... Wow.

I took the frying pan with my hands... Intense black color, and it feels so... expensive... This material is perfect for cooking. This frying pan is a luxury one! It was worth buying!

I won't lie, I don't know anything about kitchen materials. I know them and I know how to use them, but I don't know the names they are made of, but this frying pan really feels expensive!

"It's perfect! But I think we also need a stove."

I looked at the price of the stove and my heart stopped for a second.

"A million dollars for a stove?!!"

Ahhhhhhh! Why are things so extremely expensive?!

"Don't worry, Master, look!"

"What thing?"

I turned to look at him... Oh, wow.

Kevs used magic to build a small earth Golem... Great!

"A real Golem?! How did you do that?!"

"It's thanks to my unique ability, [Master of Earth]. I can create earth Golems, Master."

"Wow, like a terracotta warrior. You're amazing!"

"The Golem can hold the frying pan while cooking, Master, and we can put the fire underneath. It will be able to cook safely, Master!"

"So smart! You solved the stove issue! Now we only need the ingredients."

I opened the ingredients option.

Oh, at least they are cheaper than the materials and recipes.

I still have 54,155 dollars.

The main thing is cooking oil. Or I could cook with lard... No, better the oil, it's more nutritious... I think.

One liter of cooking oil, 5,000 dollars.

Bought. 49,155 dollars left.

Let's see... One kilogram of salt, 1,000 dollars. Bought. I have 48,155 left.

What should I cook?

"Kevs, what do you feel like having for dinner?"

"I'm fine with anything, Master."

"Come on, Kevs, there must be something you want."

"Well, yes, there is one thing. I would like to eat that thing you call 'beans,' Master. You always eat it, so I think it must be delicious."

Well, I always ate it because it filled my stomach easily and I wouldn't eat as much every day, so I saved money.

"That's fine, then we'll have beans. Now, what will we eat it with?"

Beans are a side dish, there must be a main dish... No, it's not necessary to have a main dish. Kevs, I will prepare a simple but delicious dish for you! It has saved me many times when I didn't want to cook something that took a long time.

I will need corn tortillas. One kilogram of corn dough costs 3,000 dollars and one kilogram of tortillas costs 10,000 dollars. I would save money if I made the tortillas myself, but that would take more time. I will buy one kilogram of corn tortillas.

Bought. 38,155 dollars left.

I need a sour cream, which costs 7,000.

Bought. 31,155 dollars left.

Obviously, the beans.

One kilogram of beans... 20,000 dollars?! Oh, my heart. H-hold on, heart... Why is it so expensive? N-no, I'll buy it later.

But there is another cheaper option. Canned beans, both natural and "puercos" (with pork), cost 5,000 dollars.

"Puercos" beans: blended beans stewed with pork lard, olives, chili, chorizo, and cheese. Well, I only add chorizo and chili, but they look good.

"Puercos" beans are one of my favorites, so I'll buy them.

Bought. 26,155 dollars left.

Let's see... One lettuce costs 1,000 dollars. Ah, these things are really expensive.

Bought. 25,155 dollars left.

Tomatoes cost 500 dollars. I only need one.

Bought. 24,655 dollars left.

An avocado costs 1,800 dollars.

Bought. 22,855 dollars left.

Mmm... Should I add cucumber? Well, to fill us up. It doesn't change the taste much, but some fruit would be good... Or is it a vegetable? I think it's a vegetable... Ah, whatever.

One cucumber costs 700 dollars.

Bought. 22,155 dollars left.

Well, I already bought everything I need for the tacos, if they were dry. But if I want tacos that are less hard and easier to eat, I have to add broth to them.

Dry tacos are quick to make, but I will take my time to make the broth. Our first meal in this world must be good!

Bean tacos are not only easy to make, but they are also cheap and filling. If you manage them well, they can be enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only downside is that eating too much can make you gain weight, but it's a good option when you don't have much money.

Personally, I prefer eggs with tortilla because it requires less preparation time and fewer ingredients, but in terms of taste, bean tacos surpass it... Wait... I just realized something. The plates! I didn't buy the plates!

I quickly went to the materials section and searched for the plates... Ah... Mmm... Here they are!

Phew. $4,000 each.

We will need two flat plates, but with a little depth so that the broth doesn't spill... Spill... Oh... I was going to say something about the table, but Kevs can create a table and seats with earth magic, so I won't worry about that.

I bought the two plates. I have $14,155 left.

I need a pot for the broth. Ah, if the pan cost $30,000, surely the pot will cost the same.

Let's see... $40,000?! Ay, ay, my poor poor heart!

And it's already night... Ah, we will have to do without broth.

"Ah... I wanted to make it with broth, but I don't have enough for the pot, Kevs. Well, maybe next time. Let's get to work!"

I opened all the packages that arrived and took out the ingredients.

Ingredients for the dry bean tacos (because I don't have enough for the pot).

Cooking oil.

Salt to taste.

Tortillas.

Sour cream.

Blended beans.

Lettuce.

A cucumber.

Avocado.

And a tomato.

"The first thing we need to do is wash the vegetables."

"I have water magic, master! I'll do it!"

"Please wash the tomato. We wash the lettuce after cutting it... Oh, I forgot to buy a knife... And a peeler."

P-please, let me have enough, I only have $14,155 left.

... Yes! $10,000 for the knife and $3,000 for the peeler. I have enough!

I bought them. I have $1,155 left... Ouch. It hurt more than I thought to spend all that money.

Ah, well, there's no turning back now.

The first thing is to cut the vegetables... Ah... I don't have a cutting board... I'll cut them on a plate.

I cut half of the lettuce into small square pieces on a plate, and Kevs washed it with his water magic. After washing the tomato, I sliced it.

I peeled the cucumber and sliced it. I like them in half-moons, but since there's no broth, we'll eat them as a side dish.

I cut the avocado in half and removed the seed. Alright, the vegetables are ready. Now let's move on to the main part.

I took the tortillas and opened the beans... Ah... I forgot to buy spoons!

P-please, let me have enough... Oh, the spoons and forks are $500 each.

"Damn money-stealing ability... Ah... Kevs, will you eat without a spoon? Or can you use an ability to eat with it?"

"Don't worry, master, eating with a spoon would be difficult for me. I'll eat without using one."

"I see... Wait... Can dogs eat this?! I only took you to the vet for vaccinations, I never took you for check-ups. I don't know if dogs can eat this... Ahhhhhhhh! I'm a terrible owner!"

"Don't worry, master! Remember my unique abilities. I'm no longer an ordinary dog, I'm a super dog! My endurance is the best in the world, don't worry. I can eat anything and it won't affect me negatively!"

"Oh, right. Hehe. Having magic has its great advantages, huh?"

I bought a spoon for myself. I have $655 left.

I used the spoon to spread the beans on the tortillas and roll them up. In total, I made 10 tacos, 5 for me and 5 for Kevs.

The pan is big, so all the tacos will fit perfectly.

"Kevs, do you have fire magic? Do you have a spell that works like a bonfire?"

"I'll ask my ability... Oh, yes, I have one, master. Hellfire!"

H-hellfire?

Kevs created a fireball that stayed floating in front of the Golem.

"Ready, master."

"H-how different is that spell from a fireball?"

"The fireball is more explosive, and hellfire simply burns."

"I see."

Phew. I thought it was something scarier.

"It burns until it leaves no trace of the enemies, master. It's a very useful ability! No one will be a match for us, master!"

There's the scary part! I don't want to see humans burning to death!

I hope Kevs doesn't turn evil. I have to guide him on the right path!

"Only use it on very evil people, Kevs, please."

"I will, master, trust me!"

Putting that aside, I handed the pan to the Golem to hold and waited a little for the pan to heat up.

After waiting for about 15 seconds, I added the cooking oil, and 10 seconds later, I started putting the tacos in the oil... Ready!

"Perfect. Now we just have to wait for them to brown and... Brown..."

I-I didn't buy a spatula, and I doubt I'll have enough.

Ah, I'll have to flip them with the spoon.

After flipping them and waiting for them to brown completely, the tacos are ready! I missed the most essential thing, the sauce, but I didn't have enough money. Ah, what a pity.

I put 5 tacos on a plate, added a little sour cream, tomato, cucumber, half of an avocado in spoonfuls, and finally, the lettuce.

It would have been better with the broth, but maybe next time.

"Here you go, Kevs, enjoy. Be careful, it's hot."

"Thank you very much, master!"

"Do you want salt?"

"Just a little, please, master."

I sprinkled a little salt on top.

"Done. Enjoy your meal, Kevs."

"Likewise, master!"

I served myself and started eating.

This kind of food is delicious, but not as much as meat. It mainly serves to fill the stomach without having to cook for a long time. It took me less than 20 minutes to make all of this.

"It's delicious, master!"

"I'm glad you liked it... Kevs... Hey, Kevs, what ability are you using?"

"It's called [Shadow]. It creates physical shadows."

"I see."

Kevs is eating using a sort of black tentacle as a spoon... Ay... Our lives have really changed, right, Kevs?

I took one of the cucumbers from the plate and sighed.

"Tomorrow will be our first visit to a human city in this world, and if the prices for my ability are so inflated, it means that this world is very underdeveloped. It's very possible that we will encounter disgusting things, Kevs. Maybe they eat dogs, cats, or even humans. Does the church rule the country? Do they punish non-believers with the death penalty? Do they make human sacrifices to appease a God? Whatever awaits us, we must endure it and move forward. This is our new home, Kevs, and the sooner we accept it, the better."

"My home will always be wherever you are, master. Don't worry about me. Do you want me to ask my ability more about this world?"

"Thank you, but no, I would like to discover things on my own. It would be more exciting. Let's use your ability when necessary."

"Alright, master."

I took a bite of my taco and smiled.

A new world, new experiences. I will make the most of this new life.

Thank you for sending me to this world, Goddess. I promise to enjoy this new life.

My dog has magic, is intelligent, and can talk to me. I have the ability to earn a lot of money thanks to Kevs. And if I'm correct, my food could become the favorite of the people in this world!

Yes, I will definitely enjoy this new...! Huh?

"Uwaaaah!"

"Master!"

Roots emerged from the ground and captured me! Do trees also have life?!

"Hehe. A virgin human over 30 years old. A culinary delight! This only happens once in a lifetime!"

W-what? A-a woman...? A tree woman?!

A woman with wooden skin captured me with roots coming out of her fingertips. Damn weird world...! Although the woman is not bad at all. Her breasts, even though they are made of wood, are huge! She would be beautiful and sexy if she weren't a wooden monster!

"Why are the monsters in this world obsessed with virginity?! And I'm not a virgin!"

"Lying is useless. Now you will be mine... Huh?"

A fireball hit her chest. Well done, Kevs! And since it didn't explode, that means... Ouch. I-I don't want to see or hear what's about to happen.

"Who threw that fireball at me? Tsk. Whatever."

She tried to remove the remaining fire, and as she couldn't, I closed my eyes to avoid seeing.

"What? Why is it so difficult to remove...?"

And as the seconds passed, her voice was filled with despair and fear. Surely the burns on her chest are getting worse, and since she can't remove the fire, it's scaring her.

"W-why... w-why won't it come off?!"

H-her voice is human. Her body looks human... I feel sorry for what is about to happen to her! I can't help but feel guilty for her future death!

"Kevs, if she's a monster, end her suffering! If she's a human race, don't do it!"

"She's a monster, master! She's a Succubus!"

An explosion was heard, and I felt the roots disappearing from my body.

I opened my eyes and saw ashes on the ground... Ouch.

"W-was she really a monster? She looked like a human woman."

"Yes, master, an A-rank one."

"An A-rank?! Are we in such a dangerous forest?!"

"Well... actually, yes, master. We are in one of the most dangerous places in the world."

"... Ah... Kevs, finish eating quickly and let's get out of here! I'd rather sleep on the outskirts of the Capital than stay here any longer!"

"Hehe. Look, girls, a virgin man."

"He's very ugly. I hope he's well-endowed."

"I'm not that ugly, and size doesn't matter...! What?"

When I turned to my right, I saw something much more disturbing. Women Orc, wolf, and a disgusting woman who looks like a giant snail!! Are they Succubus too?!

Ahhhhhhh! Furries in drawings are at least cute, but in real life, they're literally animals standing on two legs! They are so disturbing, especially with the fact that they possibly want to rape me!

"Hey, I don't want you to die! Please, go away! And I'm not that ugly! If I let my hair grow, I would be attractive."

I hope.

"You have very little magical power, human. Your threats are useless. Now, be compliant and cooperate."

Do they sense magical power? And why aren't they afraid of Kevs? Don't they sense Kevs' magical power? Interesting.

"K-Kevs, are they monsters?"

"A-rank ones, master."

"They're all yours."

"It will be my pleasure, master!"

Kevs jumped on them, and I tried to continue eating while the sounds of a massacre echoed behind me.

Why is my virginity so attractive to monsters?! And is it really so hard to find virgins my age...? Oh... I see... Maybe virginity is easily lost in this world at a young age. Perhaps there is a lot of sexual freedom or something like that.

Yes, this world will be disgusting to witness.

3