Volume 1 – Epilogue
197 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a double update so please check Chapter 17 first.

Epilogue.

Three days had passed and no one had tried to murder them, which Corben took as a sign that Lady Prestor was not after them, at least for now.

It should have been easy to take it easy for a few weeks as there were no immediate quests to do.

Eldum had returned the miner cards to his acquaintance, and Yiliana was the same as she had given back the heirloom to her friend.

Jithu went on a mad shopping and explosive-making spree since her supply had run low after the last mission.

He and Lonaraa could finally spend a few days together as a couple, which she was happy to do and for once not pester him to take more work.

The money problems were pretty much solved for a while, but of course, they couldn't just sit on their laurels for long. Once you had a certain reputation, it paid to keep it, and a brave adventurer group could not just slack off anymore.

The world was full of dangers and needed people like them to solve all kinds of problems.

"So boss, what are we doing next?" Jithu was the first to ask after a few days off. They, as usual, were drinking in the inn's tavern area.

"Duskwood has a lot of problems and is almost perpetually dark, so Yiliana won't bitch about sunlight," Corben replied.

"You are thinking about me, how sweet. And here I thought you didn't care at all." Yiliana said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Don't push it, woman. Get on my bad side and you'll be rolling your own cigars."

"Speaking of which, I ran out." She extended her hand.

"Of course you did." He tossed another pack at her. "But on a more serious note, I was thinking of making a guild. We are somewhat known and could get members for bigger-scale operations. I heard the area around Blackrock mountains always has something going on requiring teams of ten to twenty strong."

"Sounds good. Osbeorn and I are in." Eldum was the first to voice his agreement.

"Me too!" Jithu shouted over her massive mug.

"Ye, ye, I know Lonaraa and I have an explosive-prone perverted kid to look after."

"Daddy, I need an allowance for more explosives." Jithu stretched her arm towards him.

"Not a chance. How about you, are you joining as well?" Corben asked Yiliana.

"I could argue about the teammates you keep around." She glanced at Jithu. "But I can't argue with the results. So sure I'll join as well, but you better keep these coming."

She tore the pack of cigars open and put one in her mouth, leaning forward.

Corben lit it up and said. "Then it's settled. We will make a guild. The only thing that remains is to decide the name."

Proofreading by Sad_Smiles and Visur Nyxan.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this story but for now this is the end. I may decide to add another volume in the future since Warcraft is one of those settings where the story can go on pretty much indefinitely.

4