Side Story Chapter 1 – April Fools!
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Disclaimer: All side stories are not related to the plot in any way. Any events currently happening in the story are treated as not having occurred, or will not occur. This is just a means to show our characters having fun.*

***

Happy April Fools! Throughout the Hero Academy, it was often commonplace to celebrate this joyous day. It was a day filled with pranks, jokes, and all manner of make-merry. 

Today, a certain Dignitas had decided to sleep in. The school had declared today a special holiday. The teachers and faculty advised the entire student body to stay home and spend their day how they wanted to. 

Of course, the Academy was still sealed tight, preventing any students from going outside. They would have to find ways to enjoy their short vacation within the District's premises. 

Unbeknownst to a Dignitas, the door to his dorm room was open a small crack. This was taken advantage of by another familiar face. The jokester of Dignitas' party, Wang Jin, was slowly creeping into his leader's room. 

"Hehe… maybe you shouldn't have left the door open. It's time for Wang Jin's first prank of the day: Operation Dignitas' Alarm!"

Making sure he made no noise, Wang Jin kept himself low and moved as quietly as he could. The occasional creaking from the wood had stopped him in his tracks a few times, but he pressed on. 

Eventually, he reached Dignitas' rooms. The slow, relaxed breathing of the swordsman filled the room, masking the slight noises Wang Jin mistakenly made when he stepped on an out-of-place tile. 

He was now right beside Dignitas. His back was turned towards the wall, making him completely oblivious to the grinning Wang Jin. 

Using Iron Style, Wang Jin slammed his fist onto the ground, making it seem like a pot or pan had fallen off. 

The *clang* was quite similar in the way it sounded. Even Wang Jin probably wouldn't be able to tell if it was a pot falling over or his fist if he wasn't the perpetrator, much less the fast-asleep Dignitas. 

Wang Jin's ploy had worked. Dignitas shifted in his sleep for a few seconds, before preparing to turn around to get up. 

"BOO!"

"Wah, what the fu–"

The sound of Dignitas rolling off his bed and into Wang Jin filled the room.

"Happy April Fools, Dignitas. I gotcha this time, buddy." 

The swordsman took a second to process what had happened. "Ah, screw you, Wang Jin. I was having such a good dream, at that."

"Well, too bad! Time to wake up. I've gotta go now, got more people to prank."

***

The cheery Wang Jin continued on through the school dorms. Having successfully ruined Dignitas' morning, he had a wide grin on his face as he thought of who to prank next. 

"Aha! I've got an idea." He smiled. His next victim would be a certain Chaos magician. 

Although the girls' dorm was far more protected and secure than the boys' dorm, that didn't mean there weren't any ways to sneak in. 

Wang Jin had been given some insider info by a certain Denzel, who agreed to assist him in exchange for a favor later on. 

His point of entry would be the ventilation shafts, which he heard were large enough to fit a full-grown adult male easily. With a few minutes of crawling, he'd make it to his destination. 

Jumping into the vents, Wang Jin made sure to use a little bit of his wind magic to propel himself forward through the shafts. It didn't help much, but any sort of help was welcome when one had to get prone and slide through a dusty metal chamber. 

It has been five minutes now. Judging from the time he had spent moving around the dorm's shafts, Wang Jin was now directly above Alter's room. 

Making sure there was no one nearby, he knocked out the large grate located below his body and squeezed through. 

Dropping onto the floor, Wang Jin pumped his fists upon realizing that he was somehow able to make it to his destination without losing his way. Perhaps it was due to the vents' narrow pathways that even he found it hard to make a wrong turn. 

Knocking on the door to her room, Wang Jin swiftly hid. 

"Who is it?"

A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing a sleepy Alter. She was still in the middle of changing, and as such was only wearing a plain white shirt large enough to cover her legs. 

Her messy appearance coupled with her unkempt hair made Wang Jin stunned for a few seconds. He shook himself clean and got ready to prank her. 

"I must've heard wrong…"

Saying this, Alter closed the door upon seeing that there was no one around. After waiting a few more seconds, Wang Jin knocked on her door again. The same thing happened. Alter opened the door, looked for a few seconds, then closed it. 

This went on for the next one. By the fourth time, she was already angry. 

"Hehe…"

Just as Wang Jin reached over to knock on the door again, he felt an intense killing intent being sent toward him. Was it stubbornness, ignorance, or simply a lack of care for his own well-being? Ignoring the danger signs, Wang Jin knocked on the door.

Before his fist could hit the door on the second knock, he was sent flying, a Chaos Orb having been launched through the door and into his chest. 

Wang Jin then was flung into the wall, creating a scale replica of his body as it was sent through. 

"Happy… April… Fools, Alter dear, haha!" Wang Jin blurted out, unable to control his laughter. 

***

Somehow, Wang Jin was able to run away from the angry Alter. With his speed, he managed to outrun her, but only after weaving through multiple corridors and jumping through a window. 

Wang Jin's final person he would prank? Why, none other than Donna Arison. And what a coincidence, she lived in the very same building Alter did. 

By now, the entire dorm had realized a pervert had managed to enter their sanctuary and had assembled an impromptu witch(wizard?)-hunt group. 

No matter. Wang Jin knew Donna wouldn't take the matter seriously, which was precisely why she was the best person to prank. 

Once again sneaking into the girl's dorm, Wang Jin crawled through the halls, narrowly avoiding the patrol groups. 

Eventually, he was able to reach Donna's room. At this time, she would normally be going about her morning routine, like Alter. 

Pushing the door open, Wang Jin was surprised to find out that it wasn't even locked at all, but rather, opened a crack.

Unaware of the hell that awaited him, Wang Jin walked inside. The thought of getting to see Donna half-asleep, or better yet, naked made him throw all thoughts of caution out the window. 

That was his last mistake. The moment Wang Jin walked inside the doorway, he heard the door behind him close. His entrance now blocked, the only way to continue was forward. 

"Huh… that's odd. Why's everything floating?"

When he entered the living room, Wang Jin saw hundreds of things floating in the air. Plates, utensils, light bulbs, even furniture, were helplessly levitating all around him. 

Just then, Wang Jin heard Donna's voice behind him. 

"Happy April Fools, Wang Jin."

And one could only guess what happened next. One thing was for sure though. Wang Jin's screams continued on all the way until lunch. 

1