Chapter 48 – Legendary-Grade Weapon
83 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuto sat in his dimly lit office, shrouded by the weighty curtains that blocked out the sun's invasive rays. He leaned back in his ebony chair, his pitch-black hair cascading over the intricately carved headrest. His eyes, a fathomless abyss, held an unspoken secret that threatened to engulf the world if revealed. In this private sanctuary, Yuuto felt a semblance of tranquility as he navigated through the item shop interface.

"Ten free tickets," he murmured to himself, thoughts of weapons consuming his mind. The Legendary Weapon Pandora's Box appeared before him on the screen, promising treasures beyond imagination for those fortunate enough to obtain them. "Let us see what luck has in store for me today."

With a decisive tap, he exchanged his ten tickets for ten chances at the unknown, the possibility of obtaining divine-grade weapons tantalizing him. As the boxes materialized on the screen, the ultimate prizes were revealed: the breathtaking AK47 - Chaos Dragon's Fang and the M107A1 - Soul Reaper's Scythe. Both divine-grade weapons bore an air of majesty, whispering of untold destruction and immense power. Yuuto's heart raced within his chest, the allure of such treasures quickening his pulse.

"Chaos Dragon's Fang and Soul Reaper's Scythe," he whispered, savoring the sound of their names. "I wonder, how different would they be compared to other guns from the item shop?"

As the lights flickered overhead, casting erratic shadows on the floor, Yuuto couldn't resist the temptation any longer. He pressed the button, watching with bated breath as the loading bar finally came to a stop. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the screen, but when they did, Yuuto's face fell, his excitement replaced with disbelief and disappointment.

[You have obtained a common-grade item.]

[Rugby Boy's Ice Pick (Common)]

[A weapon of little worth, used by Filipino addicts known to subsist through sniffing contact cement adhesives and other substances. This ice pick may cause tetanus and other diseases if used improperly.]

[Traits: AP Stab - When attacking, there is a slim chance of the effect to occur, disregarding armor bonuses from items.]

"Is this some sort of joke?" he muttered, unable to keep the bitterness from his voice. "To offer such grand prizes only to grant me a worthless toy?"

The banality of the item mocked him, a cruel reminder of the treacherous nature of fate. Yuuto grunted in displeasure and threw the Ice Pick to the ground.

But he refused to admit defeat, his resolve unwavering in the face of adversity. He would not be deterred by one disappointing outcome. There remained nine more chances, nine more opportunities to secure the divine weapons that called to him.

"Fortune favors the bold," he reminded himself, opening the second box with renewed determination. As the contents materialized before him, his heart skipped a beat, daring to hope for a glimpse of the Chaos Dragon's Fang or Soul Reaper's Scythe.

"One more time! Come forth, my destiny," he whispered, casting his fate to the winds as he opened the second box, daring to hope for a glimpse of the Chaos Dragon's Fang or Soul Reaper's Scythe.

With a shrug, Yuuto opened another box, anticipation and dread twisting his insides in equal measure.

[You have obtained a common-grade item.]

[Rubber Chicken Sword (Common)]

[A weapon of mockery and absurdity, it grants an increase to humor and agility in exchange for one's dignity.]

[Traits: Taunting Noise - When attacking, there is a slim chance of causing the effect to occur, which causes enemies to prioritize attacking the wielder due to their ridiculous weapon. The wielder gains a small boost in agility and humor, but their dignity takes a hit.]

Yuuto's heart sank as he read the description of his new weapon.  He was hoping to receive a sniper that could take out his enemies from afar, but instead, he got a Rubber Chicken Sword. He couldn't believe his luck, or rather, his lack of it.

Yuuto closed his eyes, drawing in a deep breath to steady himself. The air filled his lungs, expelling the annoyance that threatened to overwhelm him. Exhaling slowly, he felt the tension dissipate, leaving behind a sense of calm determination.

He opened the next box, hoping for better luck this time.

[You have obtained an uncommon-grade item.]

[Hillside Strangler Shoelaces (Uncommon)]

[They'll choke you up in more ways than one.

Traits: Incellious Nature - Increases binding and choking power if the target is a female.]

"Fuck," he whispered, his disbelief evident. "What sick joke is this?"

Yuuto shook his head and tossed the shoelaces aside in his inventory. He knew that he couldn't rely on these joke items to get him through the war. But desperation was starting to set in. He needed something, anything to help him win.

"Keep faith." He urged himself. His words were a soothing balm upon his frayed nerves. "For there remain seven more chances, seven more opportunities to seize the weapons we seek."

[You have obtained an uncommon-grade item.]

[Three-hole Wonder's Dildo (Uncommon)]

[Description: A weapon used to train high-grade courtesans, it grants an increase to charisma and seduction in exchange for one's modesty.]

Yuuto stared blankly at the new item he had received. "A dildo? How could that be a weapon?" He groaned, feeling frustration boiling up inside him. This was not what he needed to win the war. There was a time and place to act like a perverted teenager, and this wasn't one of them. "Haah... fuck... why am I pulling nothing but garbage?"

Yuuto shook his head, clearing away the distracting thoughts that had started to swarm his mind. He took a deep breath and turned his focus back to the task of opening more Pandora's Boxes.

As he opened the next one, he felt a hint of fear, as if he were releasing something dangerous into the world. His fingers itched, nervously rubbing about his palms as he waited for the loading bar to fill up.

[You have obtained an uncommon-grade item.]

[Extra Large Dildo (Uncommon)]

[A weapon used to pleasure oneself. Has a high risk of causing injury during use.]

"Another useless item." Yuuto angrily balled his fists. A torrent of vexation coursed through him, threatening to overwhelm him. He was incredulous; all he had obtained from the Pandora's Box were inferior items as if fate itself were taunting him.

But Yuuto would never concede defeat. "I suppose it wouldn't be called a Pandora's Box if all of its contents are all blessings." With a deep breath, Yuuto opened another Pandora's Box.

[You have obtained a rare-grade item.]

[Whip of Submission (Rare)]

[A weapon used to punish subordinates, it grants an increase to dominance and control. The wielder may feel a rush of power, but it comes at the cost of potentially alienating those around them.]

"Yet another garbage weapon. Haah..." Yuuto sighed in frustration, contemplating the object in his grasp. He meticulously studied the equestrian tool. "Isn't this the whip used for horses?"

Yuuto threw the item into his inventory and continued opening Pandora's Boxes, hoping for something more useful. He opened another and another until he finally found something that piqued his interest.

[You have obtained a rare-grade item.]

[Chainsurge Gauntlet (Rare, Growth-Type)]

[A gauntlet that enhances the physical strength of its wearer, but only to those who are willing to make a dark pact. The gauntlet imbues the user with dark energy, allowing them to control the chains that are attached to it. However, the user is bound to the gauntlet and cannot remove it without severe consequences.

[Traits:

• Chainsaw Extend - Extends the concealable thin and narrow shaft with sharp, barbed chains spinning on its sides. It can only be used 3 times a day.

• Dark Empowerment (Locked) - The user is infused with dark energy, enhancing their physical strength.

• Chainsaw Massacre (Locked) - Upon killing a target with Chainsaw Extend, there is a small chance of resetting its use counter. The number of opponents increases the chances of it resetting.]

Yuuto's visage broadened at the glimpse of the Chainsurge Gauntlet. "Now, this is more like it," he deliberated with a smirk.

He outstretched his arm and clasped the gauntlet, experiencing the effluxion of sinister-violet vigor permeating as the chains writhed and coiled from his elbow up to his shoulder.

As he looked at the Chainsurge Gauntlet, a dark yet mischievous smile formed on his lips. Yuuto couldn't wait to try out this new plaything, but he knew that he needed to open more Pandora Boxes.

[You have obtained an epic-grade item.]

[Vibrating Dildo - Euphoria's Embrace (Replica, Epic)]

[A vibrating weapon that stimulates the anus, rectum, and vagina. It is made of a soft material that has a realistic texture, while its frame vibrates to immerse its user in the feeling of ecstasy. Its front shaft's branched structure can stimulate the vaginal walls, a-spot, g-spot, and the clitoris, while its rear shaft's bead-like structure stimulates the anus.]

[This item is a replica of a legendary weapon.]

[Traits:

• Replica - Due to this item being a replica, all of its abilities are unusable.

• Phantom Pleasure (Locked) - If the weapon is exploited for extended durations, the user will experience euphoric after-sensations even once the weapon is extracted from their frame.

• Auto-Lubrication (Locked) - This weapon will naturally lubricate itself without the need for the user to apply additional lubrication.

• Ataraxia (Locked) - Following a vehement climax, this weapon will bestow upon the wielder an augmented cognitive aptitude, wisdom, and acumen. This bonus will carry over to the next day.]

"What the actual fuck-" He muttered to himself. "Is this a joke...? I know this is supposed to be Pandora's Box, but how come there's this many garbage items...?"

Shaking his head in dismay, Yuuto continued to open another Pandora's box. Two boxes were left, and he felt a sense of dread as he watched the loading bar fill up.

[Congratulations! You have obtained a jackpot prize.]

[WA-2000 - Shadow Assassin's Blade (Rarity: Legendary)]

The WA-2000 - Shadow Assassin's Blade is an illustrious grade firearm inspired by the rare and highly sought-after Walther WA-2000. This painstakingly crafted weapon blends the archetypal grace of the antique construction with novel upgrades, rendering it an unrivaled exemplar of exactness and lethality. It is beloved by peerless sharpshooters and furtive agents, thusly earning its designation as the "Shadow Assassin's Blade."

Due to the several limitations of the original WA-2000, it was never put into mass production after its introduction in 1988. The limitations included its cost, difficulty in manufacturing, convoluted blueprint, aggregate weight, limited caliber options, and stringent maintenance requirements. However, with the Shadow Assassin's Blade, those limitations no longer exist.

By using a higher-quality, lightweight material and several design improvements, this gun is both easier to use and maintain. The sturdy frame makes the WA-2000's balance and durability better than any conventional sniper rifle.

Unlike the original, the WA-2000 Shadow Assassin's Blade is chambered in:

• Mark-III .30 ShadowViper Magnum (an improved cartridge based on .300 Winchester Magnum)

• Mark-VI .41 ShadowHawk Magnum (an improved cartridge based on .408 CheyTac)

• Mark-IX .50 ShadowRaptor Magnum (an improved cartridge based on the .50 BMG)

• Mark-X .73 ShadowVortex Magnum (an experimental cartridge developed during the gun's prototype stage)

With all of these cartridges, the WA-2000 Shadow Assassin's Blade has a standard magazine length of 10 rounds, BUT the ShadowViper can hold up to 20 rounds.]

"Holy fuck... this is better than I initially thought!" He couldn't maintain his composure and immediately took out the item from his inventory, revealing a large suitcase that was covered in pitch-black material.

Without hesitation, he opened it up and revealed several disassembled gun parts. Using his All-Seeing Eye of Despair, he viewed the information of each part, revealing the following:

[Shadow Receiver (Legendary)]

[Description: The Shadow Receiver forms the foundation of this legendary sniper rifle. Forged from a rare alloy infused with shadow essence, it provides enhanced stability and durability. Its stealthy black finish minimizes reflections, ensuring the utmost discretion in the field.

Traits:

One with the Shadows - Increases the rifle's stealth capabilities, reducing muzzle flash and sound signature, making it harder for enemies to detect the shooter's position.

Hybrid Receiver - A Hybrid Receiver combining Bullpup Sniper, Designated Marksman Rifle, and Anti-Materiel Rifle technology. With the addition of the barrel-switching feature, this receiver allows for transitioning between Bullpup, DMR, and AMR modes.]

[Asssassin Barrel (Legendary)]

[Description: The Assassin Barrel, designed for mid-ranged combat, sacrificing range for accuracy, recoil, flash, and sound signature, and increased firing speed.

Traits:

• DMR Conversion Barrel - Increases the rifle's firing speed at the cost of range. Cannot use AMR and Experimental Cartridges.

• Integral Suppression and Compensation - The advanced integral suppression and compensation system ensures no sound or muzzle flash is emitted when the weapon is fired while reducing recoil and muzzle rise and improving overall control.]

[Nightshade Barrel (Legendary)]

[Description: The Nightshade Barrel, expertly fluted and honed for unparalleled accuracy, empowers the Shadow Assassin's Blade with deadly precision and stealth. Its unique design optimizes bullet stabilization, reducing recoil, enhancing overall shot placement, and reducing muzzle flash and sound signature.

Traits:

• Bullpup Conversion Barrel - Increases the rifle's overall accuracy. Additionally, its design reduces the weight of the barrel, increasing mobility. Its advanced chambering system allows it to adapt to four types of ammunition.

• Integral Suppression and Compensation - The advanced integral suppression and compensation system ensures no sound or muzzle flash is emitted when the weapon is fired while reducing recoil and muzzle rise and improving overall control.]

[Annihilation Barrel (Legendary)]

[Description: The Annihilation Barrel is a specialized barrel for the sole purpose of accommodating the AMR cartridges and the experimental cartridge, Mark-X .73 ShadowVortex Magnum. Unlike the Nightshade Barrel, the Annihilation Barrel has a longer length, does not have an integral suppression and compensation system, and increases the muzzle velocity for AMR and experimental cartridges. Due to these design changes, the Annihilation Barrel suffers from an increased recoil, muzzle rise, sound, and muzzle flash.

[Traits:

AMR Conversion Barrel - Increases the rifle's stopping power, penetration, and range in exchange for decreasing the firing speed and stealth attributes of the gun.]

[Whisper Trigger Group (Legendary)]

[Description: The Whisper Trigger Group is designed with utmost sensitivity and precision. With an incredibly light trigger pull and minimal travel distance, the sniper achieves unparalleled control over each shot.

[Trait: Featherlight Pull - Enables the shooter to maintain exceptional control and execute rapid, precise follow-up shots without compromising accuracy]

[Shadowmoon Bolt Assembly (Legendary)]

[Description: The Shadowmoon Bolt Assembly features a specialized coating that reduces friction and wear, allowing for smoother and faster bolt cycling.

[Trait: Silent Extraction - Results in improved overall performance, faster follow-up shots, enhanced reliability, and ensures smooth and virtually noiseless cartridge extraction, minimizing the chances of detection and maintaining the shooter's stealthy presence in the shadows.]

[Phantom Handguard (Legendary)]

[Description: The Phantom Handguard integrates a state-of-the-art heat dissipation matrix.]

[Traits: Heat Dissipation Matrix - Effectively dissipates barrel heat and maintains optimal performance even during sustained firing.]

[Eclipse Optics (Legendary)]

[Description: The Eclipse Optics is a premium scope specifically designed for the WA-2000 - Shadow Assassin's Blade. Engineered with cutting-edge lens technology and low-light performance, it provides crystal-clear visuals even in the darkest conditions. Its variable zoom and integrated rangefinder enable precise target acquisition at any distance.]

[Traits: Low-Light Performance - Allows for clear and accurate visualization of targets even in the darkest conditions.

Life Detection - Highlights living targets in red, making them stand out from their surroundings, giving the shooter a significant advantage in stealthy operations.

Variable Zoom - Allows for the shooter to adjust the magnification and zoom in on targets for precise shots at any distance.

Integrated Rangefinder - Enables precise target acquisition by calculating the distance to the target and providing accurate measurements.]

[Shadowgrip Stock (Legendary)]

The Shadowgrip Stock is ergonomically designed for enhanced comfort and control. It features an adjustable cheek rest and a folding shoulder stock for easy transport and concealment in tight spaces. The stock's advanced materials also dampen recoil, further improving stability and follow-up shot accuracy.

[Shadowstalker Bayonet (Legendary)]

[Item Description: The Shadowstalker Bayonet is a fearsome addition to the Shadow Assassin's Blade, enhancing its versatility in close-quarters combat.]

[Trait: Silent Takedown - The razor-sharp blade is coated in a special compound that muffles any sound upon contact, allowing for swift and silent takedowns. It grants the user the ability to dispatch enemies quietly and efficiently, maintaining the utmost stealth during operations]

[Shadowforge Magazine - Mark-III (Legendary)]

[Item Description: Magazine loaded with Mark-III .30 ShadowViper Magnum with a 10-round capacity and the ability to create ammunition by itself.]

[Traits:

Self-Forging Arsenal - Harnesses advanced technology to create its own ammunition when detached from the gun. Embedded with micro-fabrication mechanisms, this magazine utilizes ambient energy to synthesize and forge specialized rounds, ensuring a constant supply of ammunition even in the direst situations.

Quick-Fire - The Mark-III cartridges are built for rapid-fire with its 10-round capacity with minimal sound and recoil, allowing for swift and accurate shots.]

[Shadowforge Magazine - Mark-VI (Legendary)]

[Item Description: Magazine loaded with Mark-VI .41 ShadowHawk Magnum with a 10-round capacity and the ability to create ammunition by itself]

[Traits:

Self-Forging Arsenal - Harnesses advanced technology to create its own ammunition when detached from the gun. Embedded with micro-fabrication mechanisms, this magazine utilizes ambient energy to synthesize and forge specialized rounds, ensuring a constant supply of ammunition even in the direst situations.

Anti-Materiel Cartridge - The .41 ShadowHawk Magnum round is made with a high-density composite material specifically engineered to penetrate through the toughest armor and shields. It is designed to deliver a deadly blow to heavily armored targets, making it the perfect weapon for taking out high-value targets such as armored vehicles or fortified bunkers.

Silent Destroyer - The Mark-VI .41 ShadowHawk Magnum round moves at supersonic speeds but produces minimal noise upon firing. This makes it an ideal choice for covert operations where stealth and firepower are crucial.]

[Shadowforge Magazine - Mark-IX (Legendary)]

[Item Description: Magazine loaded with Mark-IX .50 ShadowRaptor Magnum with a 10-round capacity and the ability to create ammunition by itself]

[Traits:

• Self-Forging Arsenal - Harnesses advanced technology to create its own ammunition when detached from the gun. Embedded with micro-fabrication mechanisms, this magazine utilizes ambient energy to synthesize and forge specialized rounds, ensuring a constant supply of ammunition even in the direst situations.

• Anti-Materiel Cartridge - The Mark-IX .50 ShadowRaptor Magnum round is designed to annihilate even the most durable of targets. The round's core is made of a hyper-dense composite material that can easily penetrate through layers of armor. Upon impact, the round expands and releases a burst of kinetic energy that can cause catastrophic damage to any target.

• Thunderous Bang - The Mark-IX .50 ShadowRaptor Magnum round produces a deafening report upon impact, causing disorientation and temporary hearing loss to anyone within close proximity of the blast.]

[Shadowforge Magazine - Mark-X Extinction (Legendary)]

[Item Description: Magazine loaded with the Experimental Mark-X .73 ShadowVortex Magnum with a 10-round capacity and the ability to create ammunition by itself.]

[Traits:

• Self-Forging Arsenal - Harnesses advanced technology to create its own ammunition when detached from the gun. Embedded with micro-fabrication mechanisms, this magazine utilizes ambient energy to synthesize and forge specialized rounds, ensuring a constant supply of ammunition even in the direst situations.

• Anti-Materiel Cartridge - The Mark-X .73 ShadowVortex Magnum round is a true marvel of engineering. Its anti-materiel properties are designed to destroy the toughest natural and synthetic materials.

• Annihilation Cartridge - Due to the Mark-X round's high experimental gunpowder content, the weapon boasts a devastatingly powerful shot capable of utterly obliterating anything in its path. The sheer impact of the round is enough to create shockwaves that can tear through the surrounding environment and leave nothing but rubble in its wake.

[Shadowforge Magazine - Mark-III Extended (Legendary)]

[Item Description: A variant of the Shadowforge Magazine Mark-III with a 20-round capacity.]

As he viewed each piece, a surge of anticipation ran through his body. His eyes filled with admiration for the sleek and threatening appearance of the guns. He was never one to be passionate about firearms, like some Texans, Floridians, or some basement-dwelling gun otaku, but he still appreciated its impressive craftsmanship.

Yuuto squeezed the Shadow Receiver and carefully pulled it out of its case. Despite its size, it was fairly light. Its pitch-black surface was smooth to the touch, and the intricate engravings along the sides showed the craftsmanship that went into its creation.

He then took the Nightshade Barrel and attached it to the receiver. He double-checked that it was securely in place before moving on to installing the Whisper Trigger Group, Shadowmoon Bolt Assembly, Phantom Handguard, Shadowgrip Stock, and Eclipse Optics. With a few careful adjustments, he had installed every part with the exception of the bayonet and mags.

Yuuto had always been a man of precision, and his attention to detail was second to none. He went through each part with a fine-toothed comb, examining every nook and cranny, making sure everything was in perfect order. He knew that one small mistake could be the difference between life and death. He didn't want to be Scott, the guy whose .50 cal exploded in his face and nearly ended the poor guy.

Yuuto inhaled deeply and raised the firearm, noting its remarkable equilibrium between lightweight construction and sturdiness. "Very well then," he muttered, revealing an elated expression.

He took the Mark-III Extended Magazine from the table and slotted it into the weapon.

As soon as he did, the engravings on the gun glowed for a quarter second.

[Slot In! Mark-III Extended.] A cold and robotic voice announced. [Ready to Strike.]

"Woah. It's got a built-in voice indicator... but isn't that defeating the purpose when the gun is supposedly built for stealth?" Yuuto thought to himself, perplexed by the unexpected feature. He shook his head, trying to push the thought away.

He opened the balcony window and positioned the gun on the edge, the town in full view as he took aim. Through the scope, he found even some features that weren't indicated. There was a bullet indicator, wind speed indicator, wind direction indicator, range indicator, and even a heat sensor.

Through the scope, he aimed at the pine tree approximately 850 meters away from him. Its leaves rustled gently in the breeze, but Yuuto remained unfazed. He took a deep breath, steadied his hand, and squeezed the trigger. He expected the rifle to jerk back or shake from the recoil, but to his surprise, it remained still, and the only sound he heard was that of the casing hitting the ground. There was barely any audible noise, which was something that he had not expected. He had seen guns with suppressors, primarily handguns, but the gun was so silent that, if not for the sound of a casing hitting the floor, he would've begun to question whether or not he had actually fired it.

As he peered through the scope, he watched the bullet pierce through the tree, leaving a gaping hole in its trunk.

It was slightly off, but Yuuto was still impressed by the precision of the gun.

He shot another round, this time aiming at a larger pine tree about a kilometer away from him. He adjusted the scope, taking into account the wind speed and direction, and aimed at the center of the sign. He squeezed the trigger again, and once more, the gun remained eerily silent. The bullet hit the tree.

[Out of ammo.] The cold and robotic voice echoed out of the gun. Yuuto frowned, surprised by the unexpected announcement. He was so immersed in shooting the gun that he didn't notice the indicator on the scope that his gun was running low on ammo.

Yuuto took out the magazine and replaced it with a new one.

[Slot In! Mark IX.] The gun announced as Yuuto secured the new magazine into place. [Ready to Strike.]

This time, Yuuto let out tentacles from his back, holding on to the gun and the balcony. "They're a little hard to control... strange... I swear it was easier to control when I was in that lunatic state." As if on cue, the memories he wanted to forget, the memories where he devoured the limbs off of Baroness Celestia, devouring Ruvia's eye, etc... "Shit... I can't think about that now," he muttered to himself, trying to push the memories away.

"Hah... fuck. Not only did I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, but now I also have a Type-1 OSDD. Just what the hell is wrong with my brain..." He aimed at the same tree, "I just hope I won't get triggered again."

With a deep breath, the tentacles tightened their grip on the gun.

[zzzz...is...this...really...necessary...?...zzzz]

"Of course it is. Maybe I'm being paranoid and shit, but the fact that it has happened before is enough reason for me to be cautious. I do not want a .50 cal to explode in my face." Yuuto replied out loud to the slime in his body.

[zzzz....that...incident...is...just...a...freak...accident....zzzz]

"Call me a coward, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Now, be quiet."

He peered through the scope and saw a deer passing by near the tree. "That's a better target."

He adjusted his aim one last time, focusing in on the deer with a determined gaze. His finger pressed slowly against the trigger until he felt an immense force reverberate through the gun as if an earthquake had struck. The loud boom of an AMR cartridge blasted through the office as he was thrown back by a powerful shockwave. As his feet lifted from the ground with the impact, chunks of shattered wood flew across his front.

Announcement
Its been some time since the last update, been a little busy with work and irl stuff. No worries, I'm still alive to at least finish this story (hopefully, lol)
0