Prologue – Unholy Night
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo!

Thank you everyone for checking out my work. If you like my story or have any questions please be sure to leave a comment. I would like to hear the feedback and I will also try to answer the questions to best of m ability. Hope you all enjoy the work.

In the darkness of the night, rain fell like it had decided to drown everything, rivers overflowed ruining newly sown rice fields and oceans were ready to destroy everything by swallowing everything. Beasts did not leave their dank caves for hours, birds who flew all over the Deep Forest had already abandoned their nests. While every witch and wizard stayed indoors casting water warding spells on their houses or mansions, a man about 6 feet high was standing with a woman in front of a gravestone

      The grave stone was made of shabby looking dark grey colored rock, at one look one could tell that it hadn’t been long before the grave was dug. Grave was on hill top near a middle age Willow tree. Green grass spread all over the hilltop. Rain fell heavily, making the soil all loose.

      Woman who stood beside the man looked about the same age as the man, she kept holding his arm standing awfully still and constantly staring at the inscriptions on the grave stone. They were completely soaked in rain, water dripped from every part of their body. After a brief time, man trembled slightly and fell to his knees and woman spoke “Pull yourself together Adam.”

     “He was my everything, Lilly” Adam said, “my mentor, my idol, my teacher” With those words Adam collapsed further to the ground with his face towards the earth and tears coming out of his closed eyes. Lilly kept holding him silently. Adam continued, “he taught me all the spells I know today, every skill I have mastered is because of him” Lilly nodded at this with her tears falling on ground with rain drops, rubbing his arm affectionately, “I don’t know what I am going to do without him Lilly, I just don’t know.”

        “I know a thing you could do for me,” came a heavy voice from behind. As soon as the words fell a thin air barrier appeared a couple of feet above them in the shape of a dome, blocking the rain in a small area with gravestone as its center. Adam and Lilly turned their heads and saw a bald man wearing complete black robes. He had large black eyes; hands joined in front near his lower abdomen. He was short, skinny and his hands filled with mud and what seemed like burnt grey ash. He had a very calm expression on his face, his eyes staring at Adam and Lilly. He smirked when he saw Adam growing red with anger.

       The moment Adam saw him smirking, his anger knew no bounds; his face turned extreme red, eyes widened in anger and fist clenched at his side. He roared, “I’ll burn you to your ashes,” and reached his back in search of his wand when an arrow went flying right through his shouler, pain overcame Adam making him lose his senses as blood started escaping his body.

 “ADAM,” shouted Lilly who was in complete shock and leapt instantly at Adam’s wound trying to think of something she can do but the next moment another arrow coming from the direction of bald man’s back piercing her chest. Lilly went flying approximately 2 feet away from where she was standing.

 “NO,” screamed Adam. 

The man in robes was unmoved from its previous stance and position, his eyes staring at the dead body of Lilly, and Adam sitting beside her, who now had taken her head on his lap. 

Suddenly Wind started to swirl behind Adam rapidly like a mini tornado. Smoke began to appear in the tornado and grew thicker with the increasing speed of wind. In a short while a bulking figure started to come out of the tornado as smoke began to fade. The figure that came out was at least 8feet large, heavy, and bald man with a round face. He had a cut on his face from his left eyebrow to his right lower cheek. He wore tight pants till his knees and was top naked. A large double blade axe (which suited to his heavy and bulky form) laid on his back. His upper body was covered in mud and dark grey ash just like the middle age man. His frightening form looked more scarier in the dark of night. 

Stepping forward, he grabbed Adam’s wounded shoulder, making him howl in pain. Adam tried to free himself flailing his arms, but to no avail.

Finally moving from its position and walking towards Adam, the skinny man which previously had arrived suspended a book in air, its pages flipped as if the book has its own conscience. 

Looking in the book bald man mumbled some words in a foreign language, after which Adam coughed some blood out. His face still looked in pain which now was very pale but not a single voice came out of his mouth. His state which was minutes ago— quite saddened yet healthy was now completely disheveled, blood from the wound completely soaked his right arm while the blood which he coughed up, ruined his pretty light brown face.

“I admired your father during my youth,” middle aged skinny man said walking with a look of indifference in his eyes, “I admired him for his bravery, righteousness and God knows for how many more things. Everyone admired him... even today everyone does.” 

Reaching Adam, skinny man stretched his right-hand palm open and closed his eyes. A small red cloud started to form on his palm, when the cloud cleared a bright blood red jewel was left. This jewel gave off an amazing amount of vitality and had a strange kind of charm which could attract any living towards it.

Seeing the blood red jewel, Adam’s half open eyes due to blood loss and shock, almost popped out from his skull. His first angry red face instantly turned white with fear. After everything happened in the last couple of minutes which even caused his wife to die, his body started to tremble for the first time.

Seeing this, skinny man gave satisfactory nod and said, “as you may have noticed I am not a fan of small talk so let’s get to the main topic.” His expression changed to serious as he said, “are you or are you not willing to tell me what I want to hear in exchange of the life of your remaining family; one son and two twin daughters, right?” he snapped his fingers while saying this.

Adam was still looking at the blood red jewel with fear and astonishment. As the words fell, he slowly took his eyes to meet with the eyes of middle age man, but didn’t utter a single word his expression filled with doubt and anger. Seeing this middle age man sighed lightly and said, “if you tell me, I assure you that I am a man of my word.”

As the words fell Adam’s face become expressionless, smilingly he replied in a haughty tone, “I’ll meet you in hell, you Mudblood.”

 

YO! Thank You for reading the chapter. If you like the chapter please give a like and also I would love to hear the feedback

0