White Apple Wine
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“AsHhh…” a painful groan escaped René’s small mouth as he was sent backwards by the force of spear. 

However, unlike, what one would expect, spear didn’t completely pierce his shoulder, and stopped half-way in his shoulder where it lodged itself. 

“Let’s see, who saves you now, witch’s spawn,” Joffrey spoke in a low growl. He walked slowly towards his victim, despite his previous anger and rashness. His footsteps filled with confidence.

“Ugh… come now, two chickens were enough—”

Before ‘René’ could complete the statement, Joffrey had already covered the distance between them with a short sprint and kicked right at Rene’s face. 

Blood splattered on the ground form his broken nose, as Joffrey stood atop him, quite literally on his face, feeling victorious.

“Guess I am a hero, aren’t I, Witch’s Spawn’,” Joffrey gloated.

“Cough!! Cough… sure, I agree. Now I’ll sing hymns about you if your sister agrees too,” René taunted in the middle of his bloody coughs.

“Shut the F#CK up!!!” Joffrey roared in anger as he started to stomp René’s face viciously. After a dozen stomps, or so, he took hold of the lodged spear and positioned himself in such a manner that he stood on René’s elbow as he tried to force the spear through his victim’s shoulder.

Cynthia in the meanwhile, stood at the sidelines watching everything go down. Her expression as dark as it can get. Her usual charm of fair skin, red hair and flaming orange-red eyes nowhere to be seen. Her milky fair arms are folded under her blessed chest and above her exposed and toned navel. She looked at her twin trying to wedge her lovers shoulder with complicated expressions. Her eyebrows narrowed and nose wrinkled further with every painful groan that escaped René’s mouth. 

She had hoped that two of them could get along. She had also hoped that her brother would let go of his so called ‘inferiority complex’, and also that her lover would be a little less arrogant and a little more friendly. But she had given up on those hopes these days. René was who he was. He had knowledge and skills that envied others, and his temperament came along with them. Not to mention, she may have fallen for him because of that very reason. She knew, other sluts of the village had.

And, well, her brother is a lost cause for a long time now.

“Enough Joff,” seeing situation getting out of hand she interjected at last, “Duel is over. You won again. Congrats.” Saying words in monotonous voice she headed towards the duo of winner and loser with firm steps.

“What?” Joffrey turned his head to look at his twins’ silhouette, “No way, pi$$ off bitch. This is a duel and you have no right—”

An indomitable pressure enveloped Joffrey and René making them impotent to response in any way. 

“Wasn’t asking you a question,” Cynthia subtly touched her hilt in warning, “sigh, come help me pick him up.”

Cynthia released them both and crouched down to look at René. What came in her view was a horrific sight of his blood mangled face. His nose had been broken, probably beyond repair, boot marks all over his face had tore open hi forehead and cheeks and his one eye seemed out of commission. If that wasn’t enough, she could see his shoulder bone through the flesh.

“You really go too far, Joff,” Cynthia could only mumble to herself as her twin and his companion had long gone while she checked on her lover. 

“sigh!”

“René? René!”

“René!!”

Looking sideways, Cynthia saw two figures, a handsome boy and a cute girl running towards her frantically. Boy practically chanted René’ name with every step he took forward. Worry laded his entire face and probably his entire being, as his wide open eyes and fear in them suggested. She almost believed that he would start spilling ocean from his blue eyes. Girl beside him, was in no better condition. Blood had drained from her face a long time ago, as what was supposed to be bright skin was now pale white. Her light brown hairs which were always perfect, are now completely ruined.

“Shit! Why is it so bad this time,” Jon screamed as he looked at René’ wounds, trying to find for a ‘safe’ place to touch his friend. 

“It was your dammed brother, wasn’t he?” Eris quickly sorted her thought process and glared viciously at Cynthia.

“Yes, you are correct as always,” Cynthia spoke lightly as she slipped her hands beneath René’ head and lower back. 

“Ugh…!” René groaned painfully.

“René!!!” Jon screamed worriedly making René open his eyes lightly.

“J-Jon,” words escaped René’ mouth weakly, “you are late.” For the first time emotions flashed in René’ eyes.

He blamed Jon.

Tears welled in Jon’s eyes as Cynthia’ prediction came true, “I—I was getting milk for you.”

Somehow René managed to squeeze his eyebrows and puff up his cheeks, “Idiot!” with that René fell unconscious. 

“Idiot J-Jon.”

René had mumbled Jon’s name entire way to Cynthia’s home. Cynthia’s home was little more than a cottage, which she had earned by defeating bandits. 

All four of them were orphans, just like any another kid in this village. Kon village was mish-mash of people who didn’t have anywhere to live to. Some dozen years ago, village saw a certain rise in popularity within adventurers when monsters’ breeding rate increased exponentially. Adventurers brought in traveling merchants and caravans, merchants brought in various trades and they all brought in whores. Orphans are products of whores, adventurers, villagers, monsters… no one knows honestly. 

Cynthia exited her bedroom with Jon, after treating René’ injuries, entering living room to find Eris glaring at her dangerously. 

“How is he?” Eris spoke with anger and a hint of worry.

“His nose is broken, one eye is critically injured and probably some damage to jaw too,” Cynthia said in a low tone, “moreover, his elbow bone is fractured. We need to take him to White Clinic.”

“I have already sent for Barbara,” Jon spoke as he took a seat, “she should be here before sunset. He’s sleeping now, so, shout slowly,” he eyed Eris.

“What are you looking at me for? Her brother harmed him, why aren’t you saying anything,” Eris spoke at the top of her lungs. Jon could see her face becoming red, as he imagined her fuming with steam.

“He just said shout slowl--,”

“Shut up, you bitch,” Eris interrupted Cynthia, as her hands clenched the hilt of her sword. “If I had it my way, there wouldn’t be any sound at all.”

Cynthia narrowed her eyes at Eris, and stared right into her eyes issuing a challenge, “Dare!”

“Sure, duel why don’t you?” Jon said while taking out Cynthia’s secret stash of drinks. “While you are at it, go ahead and release your daunting auras too. That’ll help our injured and frail friend in there.” His eyes never met two as he berated them.

Both Cynthia and Eris stared at Jon, for a couple seconds, probably hoping to meet his eyes, but his eyes never did came. Cynthia relaxed her shoulders and took a seat beside Jon.

“If you touch my wine again, I’ll rip apart those fingers, mind you,” Cynthia threatened Jon in a polite and regal tone of a noble; making Jon’ spine tingle.

Jon looked at Eris’ and sighed silently, “take a seat Eris. Barbara is quite capable at healing, and, those injuries might seem worse on you and me, but René will recover. It’s just that you won’t be able to fawn at his pretty face before you leave tomorrow.”

Eris’ eyebrows twitched at last comment, but she still sat in front of the two as Jon poured her and Cynthia a glass.

“What is your standing in Victor’s party?” Cynthia asked after savoring her glass full of wine. 

*Bang* Eris downed her 4th glass of wine which was that many times more than Jon and Cynthia. “Why do you care? And what is this stuff? It’s too good to be true, honestly, I am surprised you two drank even one glass.”

“White Apple Wine. Produced by one and only Lord Steim,” Cynthia said in a proud manner fully knowing the value of this wine as she poured herself and two of them a glass.

“W-what? Lord Steim!!!” Jon jerked in shock almost knocking table and glasses over.

“Wha- You know L—White apple wine??” Eris befuddled by Cynthia’s revelation, choked on her words not knowing what to say.

“Yes. That’s right,” Cynthia gracefully held her wine glass filled with white enriched savoring liquid and brought near her plump lips only to tilt the hemisphere of her glass to her fair nose, “its fragrance alone is quite intoxicating, isn’t it?” Her blazing red eyes carried expression of mischief and smug much too Eris’ annoyance, “I wouldn’t have gotten it without René’ help, you know. Its quite a story to tell, would you like me to narrate?”

“Huh..?” Jon hold the table as he gawked at Cynthia, “What story are you talking about? Why didn’t he tell me about it?”

Cynthia chuckled lightly and spoke her eyes never leaving Eris’, “Do you want to listen?”

“Do I want to listen?” Jon scolded naively, “Of course I want to listen.”

5 seconds later

“Wh—”

“No need,” Eris cut Jon with a small smile, “it’s the gesture that counts not the price tag.

“W-what? What gesture?”

Jon never got his answer. Cynthia’ smug expression had left her face hearing Eris’s answer, but she decided to leave her alone and enjoy her own pglass of wine.

Eris seemed to had been drunk now, as her face had flushed red and eyes glued to the wine glass. An almost creepy-like smile had stuck on her face. 

"You guys are weird,” Jon said lightly as he sipped his wine. 

YO! Thank You for reading the chapter. If you like the chapter please give a like and also I would love to hear the feedback

1