Chapter 1: The land of Man-Eating Giants
39 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: The land of Man-Eating Giants


[Year: 845]


 

On a large island, there was a kingdom. That kingdom has been standing strong for the last hundred years with the help of 3 giant walls surrounding it. 

For what reason could that kingdom have built such massive walls? There was only one reason and it lay outside the borders, for there is a threat that has haunted the kingdom's people since it was built. A danger so significant that it can only be described as horrifying.

A threat that consumed hundreds, if not thousands of humans for decades.

But thankfully, our hero’s journey starts a bit away from them.

Somewhere in the South of the island was but a simple meadow. There was nothing to note in the area and nothing significant to say as well, only for something that did happen.

A portal of unknown energy appeared in the middle of the field. Lightning crackled near it and the wind blew away from it harshly. On the other side of the portal, a human silhouette appeared. It got closer to the edge before setting foot into the meadow as the portal behind him closed.

This human male appeared to be around his early 20s with a young look, a fit build, and wearing unusual attire. A black jumpsuit that stretched to his back, feet, and arms with white lines running around it. He wore a sleek, black helmet that was showing all kinds of data as he entered this planet. With a belt hooked around his waist with all kinds of different gadgets but the most noticeable with 8 similar spherical devices with a red top and white bottom. On his left arm was a sleek grey gauntlet that ran up to his forearm.

(Just think of it like Tron: Legacy.)

The man brought up his gauntlet to his face where he proceed to type on it, bringing a bright blue screen to his face.

“Command, this is Warden 12. Come in, Command.” He spoke at the blank screen only for another voice to come through.

“This is Command, we read you loud in clear. Status report.” 

“Portal to world-4713 is successful. I appeared in a meadow with no signs of civilization anywhere. Will investigate further.”

“Affirmative. Your mission is to determine if the planet has civilizations and establish friendly contact. Your communicator will help with any language barriers you may come across and supplies that will last for a year. If you establish a base, we can open up a portal to your location and proceed from there. You have been granted access to use your Pokemon. Good luck, Warden. Command, out.”

The blank screen was cut short as the warden gave a deep sigh.  "Don't know why they have to go through the procedure of using my Pokemon but business as usual."

Warden 12 did a few stretches on his body to make sure he didn't get a cramp and once he felt his body limber enough, he let out a content sigh. "Rotom, you there?"

Instantly, the Ghost/Electric Pokemon made itself known on his vizor. The Pokemon semi-inhabits the suit in lieu of an AI for better response and frankly, a better voice.

"Bzzt! You called?" The Pokemon replied with his electric/static voice but it was understandable in the human language.

"There any satellites in this world? Would rather not walk and get myself lost." Warden asked the sentient Pokemon whilst observing his surroundings.

The Rotom in his suit gave off a few miscellaneous sounds but the Pokemon let out a dejected expression. "Sorry. I couldn't find any signal at all. All I found are radio signals."

The Warden gave a small sigh. With no satellite imaging then he's essentially gonna have to map out the place until a proper satellite can be sent for further imaging. And until that happens, he has to find a base to call upon the people meant for those kinds of things.

"I see. Thanks, Rotom. Keep in touch." The Pokemon retreated back where it came from while Warden looked at the massive trees ahead of him. "This is gonna take a while."


Hours have passed since Warden's initial entrance and yet nothing seems out of the ordinary, sans the trees. Speaking of them, the trees of this world are insanely massive, stretching up to 80 meters in length, from what Rotom and I can see. Rotom surmised something must have given these trees their insane growth spurt so I had to cut a little bit of the root and send it back to HQ. 

Luckily, even in other worlds, the connection to his own remained strong. Legendary Pokemon and human technology melded together to make this feat happen.

"Still, this is boring. Usually, I'd encounter some semblance of human contact with the vast amount of trees here but barely anything. Not even a notch at all." Warden explained. It was odd to not have encountered anything resembling civilization for this long. Some theories began to spurn in his head on why it was like this. "Are we perhaps on a deserted planet? It would explain why these trees are so big."

Yet he remained true. No matter screwed the world is, evolution would find a way and persist. Clinging on to the very last shred of life. 

CRACK!

Just like that, he heard movement. Warden whipped his head to where the sound came from as he positioned his right arm over the small spheres on his belt, ready at a moment's notice. He scanned the environment with his eyes and is determining if whoever made that sound is coming for him.

That answer would soon come in the form of a common deer, rapidly running past him. Followed by another and more, simply ignoring the strange metal man as they simply went away. Warden saw this world Stantlers ran away from the direction he was facing. In his years of active duty, he knew what it meant for a pack to run away.

'Something must have spooked them.' Warden thought. 'Could be a common predator or perhaps... a hunter. Could this mean humans?'

With nothing else for him to go on, the Warden rushed to where the supposed aggression is in hopes of finding humans... only for his eyes to widen. He saw a human, but it doesn't look human.

Lumbering at 12 meters, with pale skin and no genitalia. Simply looking dumb and acting goofy. With wide blue eyes and a smile wide enough to eat a human whole.

The Warden couldn't contain his surprise at his first human encounter. It was more giant than human with the way it handled itself. 'I guess it was wrong of me to assume most humans look the same.' Still, this was his first encounter so he better make the most of it and makes himself friendly.

With a loud cough, he introduced himself to the large giant, who gazed at him with no expression. "Hello there. Nice to meet you, I'm-"

Whatever greetings he prepared were cut short as the large giant immediately jumped towards him with his mouth wide open. 

CRASH!

It was by years of training as well as an instinctual feeling that Warden was able to jump out of harm's way in time. The giant had seemingly crashed straight towards him with no warning at all, seemingly with the intent to eat him. While he was culturally diverse and open-minded to a lot of things, this seemed like a blatant attempt at murder.

"Woah! Watch it, will you!" The Warden growled angrily at the giant, who got up again from that recent attempt. 'Damnit, it's gonna try again. Does this world have no law against murder?'

The Warden didn't pursue his theory further as he had to jump away from another attempt at his life. This time landing farther away from the murderous giant.

"Rotom, isn't the communicator device working?" The Warden hastily asked his assistant for help but the Pokemon only shook his head.

"Sorry, Warden. Bzzt! It looks like this human isn't speaking any known languages we have on the database. It'zzz more like he can't speak at all." The Warden clicked his tongue in annoyance as he saw the giant about to again take the plunge against his life.

"Guess I got no choice. Just for the record, I'm doing this to protect myself." The Warden went for the small balls on his waist and didn't hesitate to pick one of them as it easily detached itself from his belt. He then pressed the button at the center, making the small object enlarge that fits in the palm of his hand.

"Let's do this, Serperior!" The Warden threw the ball toward the ground in front of him as the large ball opened and released a flash of light on the ground. It soon materialized itself and formed a long serpentine creature with a long snout and tail.

The light then broke away to reveal the Pokemon, Serperior standing at the ready. The Regal Pokemon stood on his belly, ready for the command of his trainer.

The giant paid no heed to the Pokemon, its eyes dead set on the Warden. It soon began its march toward the trainer with the intention plain for all to see.

"Alright, let's test the waters with this. Serperior, Grass Knot!" The Pokemon's eyes glowed bright green as it performed the attack against the lumbering giant. Before it got too close, a grass knot tied itself with each other and made the giant fall to the ground with a resounding boom. "Restrain him!" Multiple roots shot up from the ground and held down the giant in an attempt to calm the beast.

The Warden saw that the giant would not give up and still had the energy to fight back against its capture but failed to break the roots of a Grass Type. Seeing that the giant was properly restrained, he held up an empty Pokeball and called out to Serperior. "That's enough, return!" Serperior turned into a red light before rushing to the open Pokeball and closing it tight. "Great work, Serperior. Thanks for the help, partner."

With his partner stashed away, the Warden made haste to run away from the tied-up giant. Hopefully that the local authorities would take off this mess, wherever they are.


So, what do you think of my first story? If you like it, please comment with your thoughts and I'll respond to them earnestly.

4