V1 / Chapter 4 – Saving the Demon Lord
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WARNING! The following chapter contains depictions of torture and cruelty.

*Ares PoV*
 “Damn you, why won't you listen to my orders!?”

 "I'm a proud noble of the demon world. I'm a vampire! Why do I have to obey the orders of a mere human!?"

 The little girl wearing mana-sealing shackles—the vampire Griselda, brashly turned her back on my orders.

 She's a beautiful girl with silver hair that shines as though the light of the moon is trapped within it.

 The day just before yesterday, I had bought her as a high ranking demon in an illegal auction.

 So..

 She is my slave!

 A slave contract spell was cast on her, with me designated as the master. Whenever she disobeyed my orders, she would experience severe pain throughout her body, but even so, she refused to obey.

 "Hmph...! Forcing me to kill your twin brother is distasteful!"

 Griselda continued to bark, even as her beauty was distorted in pain from the slave contract.

 Vampires have the same physical appearance as humans. On top of that, since she is such a cute and youthful girl, his bastard brother was sure to let his guard down.

 Thinking she would be the perfect tool to assassinate him with, I bought her with almost my entire fortune...

 "Shut up. Just listen to my commands! I'm running out of time!"

 Out of frustration, I slashed Griselda as hard as I could with my whip.

 “Hagu…!?”

 Today is finally the class award ceremony.

 I'm certain Kai will get the [Hero] class, and my Colette will get the [Saint] class.

 If that happens, a marriage between the two is 100% certain.

 I will probably acquire the light attribute class [Holy Knight] and lead a life in the shadow of my brother.

 Damn it! I can't let that happen. I must find a way to steal Colette from my brother and make her my woman. I will be the hero, walking a guaranteed pathway to freedom where I could do whatever I wanted to!

 There's only one way to get what I want, and I'd gladly kill my brother for it.

 According to the prophecy of Saint Johann, it is already confirmed that a hero will be born today.

 Heroes are the strongest light attribute class. An existence favored by God.

 Not only does it come with combat ability, but the special privileges are also amazing. According to common sense, the laws of a country normally stipulate that you'll be charged with a crime if you rummage through other people's drawers and closets, right?

 The Hero who appeared 100 years ago broke into a princess's bedroom, stole her dresses, then outfitted them to his companions. He was never punished for it.

 'Tch! What's with your dresses? They have no defense! You're going to be the death of us!'

 On top of it all, the Hero even complained about the dresses in front of the princess herself. It is said that she put a friendly smile on her face from the beginning to the end of his rant.

 It's because the hero is the only one who can defeat the archenemies of mankind, the Demon Lord.

 All humans are obligated to cooperate with the heroes for their own survival.

 Therefore, Hero's have privileges that surpass even those of the king.

 "Damn, who wouldn't want to become a hero! If I had that much privilege, I could pick and choose women at will. Even Colette, I could do whatever I wanted to her! Today is my last chance to ensure that future!"

 "Hah! You disgusting lunatic, you lust for the touch of a woman so feverently, yet you wish to become a Hero? You bastard. When you die, I'll see you in hell!"

 "Y-you!"

 I became totally enraged and started to whip Griselda rapidly.

 "Gyauu!?"

 With my current ability, I have little hope of being chosen as a hero.

 At first, my big brother tried hard to get ahead, but after he realized that I couldn't compete with him, it became stupid for him to make such a serious effort.

 The only way for me to turn things around at this point is to assassinate my brother and become a Hero.

 "I don't care about your words, just kill Sasha and my brother! That's why I bought you!"

 "I won't! I'm a proud high-demon. I'm the daughter of the previous demon king!"

 "Damnit, then you're useless! I'll kill you!"

 I pulled out my mithril sword.

 Griselda's complexion changed. A Mithril Sword is a weapon that is highly effective against creatures with evil dispositions like demons.

 “Aguuuuu!?”

 Griselda gasps in pain as I stab her in the leg.  Tears welled up in her eyes.

 Seeing that, the sadistic desire within my heart ignited.

 "Hyaha! How dare you make a fool out of me? Don't think you'll die easily, you evil demon!"

 "Please, stop!"

 At that time, a second demon raised her voice.

 She's Griselda's maid, the girl I bought with Griselda.

 The two demons were sold as a set because Griselda has a whiteboard-like chest. However, this girl has gorgeous full breasts. This way, the buyer would have something fun to play with on the side.

 "Sasha!? Shut up...!"

 "No, I can't listen to Griselda-sama's orders this time. Ares-dono, I will assassinate your brother instead, so please release Griselda-sama!"

 Sasha, who was chained to the wall, pleaded with a serious look.

 "Hah! My brother is the treasured son of the prestigious Marquis of Austin. A low-ranking vampire like yourself stands no chance against him!"

 With my blood boiling, I slashed Sasha's shoulder with my sword.

 "Kyaaaaa!?" 

 "Ah, Sasha! Hey, you bastaaard!"

 Griselda began to scream in rage.

  Ah? This girl could be...

 "Hey, you shitty vampire. Is this maid really that important? If you don't want her to be killed, you should follow my orders!"

 "What the hell!?"

 Griselda's face turned pale. She was clearly upset.

 "Heh~, I knew it. It seems that even amongst the demons, there are still idiots who prioritize others over themselves. Ahhhhh~!"

 "I've learned a lot about the ecology of demons today."

 "Surprisingly, it seems that the hearts of demons are not that different from humans."  Sometimes it is effective to capture the weak children and lovers of high-ranking demons as hostages..

 My father had used such strategies before, though I never witnessed it myself.

 "Oh, no! Your precious maid is going to die! Say 'I will follow Master Ares's orders. I am Master Ares's loyal slave.' and I might consider sparing her.''

 "Aaaaaa!?"

 "Hey, stop!"

 I shallowly cut Sasha's body up with my sword.

 Sasha tried hard not to scream in pain, but one still slipped out.

 "But, it's already noon." The class ceremony has begun.

 Even if Griselda listens to my orders, isn't it already too late?

 "As expected, it will be impossible to kill my brother after he becomes a hero..."

 "Stop!"

 At that time, the door was broken through and someone jumped in.

 Wait, doesn't that voice belong to my older brother Kai?

 “Whoa!?”

 I was blown away and slammed into the wall. It was the result of being hit by an inhumanly powerful fist.

 "Gosha!"  The unpleasant sound of the bones and flesh throughout my entire body being crushed resounded in the room.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! ❤️

Note: 'Demon King' has been changed to 'Demon Lord' since it is used androgynously in the web novel.

2