† Prologue †
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was cold and gloomy, a lone figure could be seen walking through the forest, teeth chattering even with his attempts to warm himself. The wind howled through the trees, creating an eerie atmosphere. He felt as though someone was watching him. He could feel their eyes penetrating his figure. Looking around several times, there was nothing, his body became tense. 

 

This was the first time he had been out this late. Usually, it would only take him a few hours to run errands for his father, but for some reason, he decided to send him out later than usual. His hands began to shake, barely able to hold on to the lantern, with his heartbeat becoming more erratic with every aching second that went by. Suddenly, he heard the sound of a twig snapping through the forest, causing him to freeze in place.

 

"I-Is a-any bo-body there?" He stuttered into the darkness, voice wavering with every word becoming softer at the end. No one is ever out here at night.....except for monsters. Maybe it was just my paranoia getting the best of me, he thought. "Just keep moving, you'll find somewhere safe soon." He whispered to himself, trying to calm down. The forest is too dangerous for someone to be walking through at night. Everyone knew this, but he wasn't out here by choice, and neither was it his first time. 

0