Chapter 7(Commander)
742 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For now I put a point in communication since there should be no dangers targeting me.

'Sigrun, can you hear me.'

'Yes my lady, I believe this is one of your skill? An excellent one to have so that you may relay your orders to me whenever.'

As all of this is happening, I am looking at Sigrun, neither of our lips moving. 'Hey little panther, can you hear me?' Instead of a growl like I was expecting, I get feelings of understanding, approval, and confirmation. Looking at the panther, it seems to have heard me. So I can communicate even with summons that can't talk, or perhaps even formulate words. 'Little Panther, can you go over there by the tree?' The panther does so. Great so I can give orders to my summons like this. 'Little panther I want you to keep moving in that direction, keep trying to communicate me as I want to feel how far my range is.' I don't know if it could understand all of that, but it followed my order to start running. Now then, "Sigrun can you talk with little wolf here?" 

"I am afraid that the skill to invoke telepathy is yours my lady and not mine. I will try though."

Looking at Sigrun glaring at the wolf, which begins cower a bit behind me. 

"I am sorry my lady."

"No no, none of the fault lies in you, I simply was wondering." Still, it should be easy enough for Sigrun to relay a message to me, to then send to the my other summons right? "Sigrun, what are you capable of?"

"Currently my lady, I am far below a true Valkyrie. My wings for instance are locked as well. I can currently wield my sword and shield in addition to some light magic."

"What kind of light magic?"

"I can cast lesser heal, lesser lightning strike, and smite. To summarize, I can slight heal, enchant a a sword attack with lightning, and from a medium distance strike a foe with lightning from above. My mana pool, however is fairly low so I could only use 2 or 3 spells in a fight."

As we are still away from my camp since I was in the middle of hunting when I achieved my level up, there were still a couple of hours of daylight left. Oh, the panther stopped sending signals to me. I forgot however, that I don't have a skill to know their positions. Mana Map could help with that. Casting it, I could sense that my Wolf was nearing the 300 meter mark. Well distance wise, its ok, but Its a far cry from sending out long distance messages. Perhaps with levels the range would grow. I dispell the panther summon by simply wishing for it to be unsummoned, and check my mp regen as it goes up another 20.  It will be even more important for me to invest in Wis then, since my summon count is reliant on my mana regen, and not my max mana I should try only investing in wisdom. Allocating the stat points I got from being level 1 in a new class, I turn back to Sigrun. 

"Sigrun, lets try hunting, I want to see how you fight."

"Very well my lady."

Traveling along the forest, my wolf was actually able to help us hunt some horned rabbits. It could detect the trails and some of the scents. Standing back while Sigrun went forward. She simply rushed out towards the two horned rabbits bearing her shield and sword. The rabbits both lunged into the air, barreling forward with their horns ready to pierce, but Sigrun hacked one in half with her sword in her right hand and shield bashed the the other into the ground, quickly piercing its maw. Simple but efficient, Sigrun was like a soldier in that instance. 

*bing

2*Horned Rabbit Slain

2*3 Exp Gain

Great, so anything Sigrun kills also nets me the exp. 

Continuing on, we found 3 grey wolves in one are. Once Again I sent Sigrun by herself, my mana had regenerated by now so I could fire 3 mana arrows to kill them if need. "Sigrun, show me some of your magical skills as well."

"As you wish." Sigrun rushed forward, slashing one of the wolves before they were aware. Her agility is pretty high huh. Although the injured wolf was alive, it was practically incapacitated by its torso wound. One wolf started to circle Sigrun, and the other lunged forward. Suddenly I could hear birds chirping as Sigrun's sword began to light up. Electricity arced on its surface, and as she swung forward, her sword cleaved through the wolfs visage. The sound of chirping died down, as the smell of char and ozone filled the air. The last wolf, however took this opportunity to attack Sigrun from behind, but she blocked with a shield bash, and finished the wolf while it was disoriented, with a slit throat. 

*bing

3*Grey Wolves Slain

3*5 Exp Gained

 

I mean like hey, Sigrun is suppose to somewhat match me in power right, as her strength is attuned to my level. And although both of us can kill wolves, she could do so without having to rely on mana. This time I asked her to showcase her spell, but normally she probably could have handled some small wolf packs with just her physical skills. This is a stark difference to me a mage who would be reliant on my mana and mp regen. Taking another look at Sigrun, she was tall, at least 6ft high. Her short hair and struck countenance exuded a warriors presence, but she was my soldier, my summon. Despite being so tall, her build was not overly muscular, rather it felt like it was molded like a female athlete, with strong, enduring, and compacted muscles, yet still having a feminine smoothness. The more I think about, the better it seems to me that Sigrun was my first life summon. With her I could finally begin to have a front line tank or a general I send out to to scout and hunt. That plus, it's nice to finally have someone to actually to talk to. 

It was then that I noticed that the trees' shadows were beginning to grow long. Looking at the sky, surely it would not be long before nightfall came upon us. 'Sigrun, let's go back our camping site before night completely comes.'

'Yes my lady.'

 

Arriving at the camp, I thought of one more thing. "Sigrun do you need water, food, or sleep?" 

"My lady, I do require sustenance, but my constitution is stronger than a normal human. I can go a week without water, or 3 months without food, but that would not include any kind of exhausting labor to fuel my needs. It is the same with sleep, it would actually be slightly hard for me to fall asleep now as I am capable of going on for much longer."

"How well could you fight at night? Without the light to see?" 

"Not well, in this forest we are still unsure of exactly all of the creatures that may dwell in it. Many of which may have superior night vision. I have no skills to aid me in the dark, rather using my spells for the light they emit would be incredibly inefficient."

"Then, Sigrun, do you mind keeping watch for me while I sleep?"

"It would be my honor, my lady, to be tasked with guarding yourself."

"With that in mind, I walked near the river where a clearing of grass grew alongside the edges, and though to myself, well at least no more tree sleeping from now on!"

 

 

22