Chapter 15(High Summoner(1/40))
637 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Next class advancement?
  • Mass Summoner Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Elite Summoner Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Elemental Mage(dark,fire,etc, ill chose one element) Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Druid Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Arcanist Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Cursemancer Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Battlemage Votes: 7 6.5%
Total voters: 107

 

Putting a skill point in Merc Summon, Heal, and Replenish, I start testing out my new skills. First I try summoning  a Grey Wolf, and from the light comes a rather huge silver furred wolf. It's practically larger than even a horse. Its fur is shinier, its fangs longer, and its body is even more fit. Still, this is a rather huge jump from the grey wolf I could summon. The grey wolves in the wild are the weakest at being the size of a big dog, with mine being slightly smaller than a tiger's size, but this one is rather huge. Its size is even bigger than that of a horse's. Actually, getting on the wolf, it seems possible to use the new Great Grey Wolf as a mount. Ordering the the wolf to move around, I can keep myself on the wolf, and the fur is enough cushion and leverage to keep my grip on. It would be much better with a saddle, but this still rather acceptable. 

Summoning two more times, A giant badger and a 6ft long python come into view. Although the python is big, it doesn't match how much the badger nor the wolf grew in transforming to tier 2. Perhaps some beasts evolution did not only increase their size? Asking the python what it can do, it went over to a nearby tree, sunk its fangs, and sat nearby waiting while the bark started to viciously rot and decay before my eyes. Oooh, thats neat. Still, I imagine that the easiest way for most animals to get stronger would simply be to increase their size, so it will be good to take note of the ones that do not to check what special traits they have evolved. Looking at the new summon, I decide that it really is much better to use the High Merc Summon skill for tier 2 summons as I can already guess the increased efficiency and prowess from just a single tier upgrade. In that case, I will probably try to level High Merc Summon into the Evolve skill first in order to get my life summons such a qualitative upgrade.

Now then, to test out my two other new skills. 'Sigrun.'

"Yes my lady?"

'Use your smite spell on that tree and then come over here."

After casting the skill I asked Sigrun to lightly cut her finger. Casting the spell, The wound closed, but it took 5 mana to do so.  5 mana is almost the same cost as a single mana arrow now that it fires 3 for 20mp. This mana cost really is quite inefficient. I wanted to test out Replenish,but my mana was already pretty low. So after resting a bit, I had Sigrun cast her smite again and tried using Replenish on her. As a result, she replied that she felt great, while I was 45 mp down. It is likely then that Smite costs Sigrun 15mp to cast, since my current Replenish ratio is 5mp of mine for 1mp of a summon. 

All in all, the new skills from High Summoner are pretty good, but they will take time before their true value reveals themselves. So back to hunting and leveling it is.

Announcement
I'm gonna start picking up the pace, so dont be surprised by time skips. This book will be filed with time skips, atleast until mc gets to an adequate amount of opness.

 

4 weeks later...

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class High Summoner Mp 191 mp
    Mp Regen 169 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 30 40    
Experience 0 1200    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 133 232    
Wis 215 376    
Unallocated 0      
High Summoner
         
Name Level Max Description   Cost
High Mercenary Summon 50 50 Temporarily summon tier 2 creature. [1-Beast,5-Plant.10-Undead,15-Elemental,20-Spirit, 30-Demon,40-Angel,50-dragon] 25/35/50/70/95/125/160/200
Oath of Fealty 8 20 [10,20] Contract a summon to become a life summon  
Evolve 20 20 Evolve a summon up to [10-tier 1,20-tier 2] permanently 100mp
S. Heal 1 10 Recover a summons hp. 5mp:1hp
S. Replenish 1 10 Recover a summons mana. 5mp:1 mana
Summoner Mind 10 10 (0-25%)=[15%] increase to Wis and Int  
Unallocated 0        

Unfortunately, in order to summon the higher race types I need to have my maximum mana at least at the level of their mp cost, so I have been fully investing my mana into Int instead of Wis to increase my max mp. 

Similar to the changes of a beast upgrading to tier 2, similar changes happened to all of the summons. Most increased in size, and others showed special traits or different paths of evolution. With tier 2 beasts, simple animals like the grey wolves could kill them by sacrificing almost a whole pack. Evolution wasn't just a simple power up, rather it was a qualitative change that makes the summon fight on another playing field. Like how a pistol wouldn't do so well against a tank. Most of the times, the grey wolves fangs or claws couldn't pierce the hides or skins of my own beasts, especially if they evolved towards defensive traits like thick fur or armor. 

The new summons with the three new races was interesting to say the least. The demons were quite a bit varied in their species. Some were similar to evolved versions of imps. Some were humanoid with ashen grey skin, some could cast magic like fire ball, and some had impressive physical traits. Angels were very similar to demons, just that if a demon knew a shadow magic, the angel counterpart would know a light magic spell as a polar opposite. I was rather surprised in that for the most part, demons and angels were generally humanoid, but their own stats were often inferior to the lower type summons. Compared to a water spirit, an angel specialized in water magic was actually less powerful in terms of water magic levels, including the casting speed, range, power, etc. I guess that they make up for it with how humanoid they are? While some demons can be simple beasts/monsters, most are intelligent similar to humans, and their intelligence and sentience make them superior in many ways to let's say a normal beast summon. Being able to think for themselves and perform actions independent of command is very nice, and with how demons and angels often have multiple specialties like being able to do both shadow and curse magic, or light and water magic compared to a water spirit which can only cast water spells is an irreplaceable trait. 

Unfortunately I still need some more Int to get my max mp above the 200 mark to summon a tier 2 dragon. Still, after maxing High Merc Summon, I invested into Oath and then Summoners Mind. As a result, I got Sigrun, Nix, and Laos to tier 2. Sigrun actually grew wings! She can now fly, but she can't stay airborne for too long. Still having aerial movement during a fight is more than enough to greatly enhance Sigrun's fighting capabilities. She gained some new skills and improved her existing ones as well. She is quite op now in my opinion. Nix is now able to become an 8ft giant earth golem, but is often in 6ft tall form. Her body, movements, skills, and intelligence grew as well. She can now even handle more complicated earth spells so our cave home has become more welcoming thankfully. She can also fully qualify as a very good tank to front line for me with her current build and stature. Laos grew to be around 14 ft long, but can still change her size as she wants. Her medicine and poison ability grew, but since her poison takes down most foes fast, I have been mainly paying attention to her medicine ability. She can create a variety of medicines including but not limited to pain relievers, fever reducers, anti bacterial, blood replenishment, general all cure antidotes, etc. 

 

21