Chapter 24(Elite Summoner(47/80))
619 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 weeks later

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Elite Summoner Mp 291 mp
    Mp Regen 390.62 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 47 80    
Experience 2570 3760    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 158 316    
Wis 475 950    
Unallocated 0      

Elite Summoner
         
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Elite Mercenary Summon 10 100 Temporarily summon 1 tier 3 creature. [10-Beast,15-Plant.30-Undead,40-Elemental,50-Spirit, 80-Demon,90-Angel,100-dragon] 30/45/65/90/120/155/195/240
Evolve 2 20 20 [20]Permanently Evolve a summon to tier(3) 200mp
Summoner Teleport 30 30 Teleport to a summon, decrease Recall cooldown. 50mp
Summons' Network 30 30 Increase range of Summoner Communcation and allow Summons to communcate with each other within the range.  
Summoner's Blessing 20 20 Increase 10 summons' stats by 50%  
Summoner's Space 1 10 Pocket Space to house summons(0-10)[1]  
Summoner's Mind 2 10 10 (25)% increase to Wis and Int  
Summoner's Mana 2 20 20 (25)% increase to Mana and Mp Regen  
Unallocated 0        

 

After successfully journeying through the forest to finally reaching the mountains after leveling a whopping 17 times, it is finally time to confront what may a great obstacle. Ciel has long since put her full efforts into scouting the area. Behind the mountains lays...more forests. OAafmk. Ok so after passing these mountains, the days ahead of us will probably be similar to the days behind us, so lets make this exciting new environment give us enough variety to last us through our future days. Honestly like the forests are very much beautiful, when the disgusting and foul hobgoblins and other unsavory creatures are not there to mar its beauty. I would also not be entirely discontent to settle down in a solitary house in the forest, but the fact that I am traveling...adventuring to try and find answers is what has made me somewhat unsettled after a while. Thankfully my life summons have given me the companionship I needed these days. Ciel, Sigrun, even Nix and some cuddling with Laos have given me a comfort of mind these days. 

I guess that there is no rush, as no matter what answers I may find to my questions, I now have a...family. A goal to grow strong enough to protect both myself and my family. My life summons are bound to me, they are the exact definition of unconditional love in that they will always care for me no matter what I may do, as such they are the best kind of beings to find solace in. 

As I internally monologue to myself that I am a calm a person, and that my frustration is normal since we are at the end of our long session of traveling and finally reaching a destination(the mountains), "So my lady, it is these mountains that you hold interest in, and I understand that there are monsters, most noticeably Giant Arachnids, but what exactly are is our objective regarding these mountains?" Sigrun asks while setting up the new camping site. Sigrun is currently fixing up the clearing to have our main campfire, Nix is making an earthen house, which by the way has grown leaps and bounds as she practiced. Laos is setting up a perimeter and positioning summons to be sentries, and Ciel is preparing a cooking station. Most of the layout was already fixed up by Ciel as she was camping here for the past two weeks, but it seems that she simply made due with the bare minimums which means sleeping on top of a tree and eating the wild fruits. 

"Well, first off is to explore the mountains, as Ciel was only allowed an observational duty the past 2 weeks, so she didn't fully enter any of the caves. We have no idea if any treasures, maps, or even people may be somewhere hidden in the mountains. Ciel has already determined via flying summons that there are no particular points of interest on the surface of the mountains except for the few wandering monsters, but not life grows above ground, so that leaves only the underground to be explored. Of course in a practical sense, I do not think that we will find anything of interest to be honest. Rather there is probably only a giant colony of Arachnids laying in wait for us, which means at the very least a plethora of exp all in a confined space."

"So we are mainly going in there to slay more monsters?"

"Most likely yes."

"I understand that you did not want the demon to investigate the caves in fear of danger, but as life summons we can be revived after 24 hours. I feel that it would be perfectly fine to send it into the caves."

"I don't want any of my life summons to ever die...If I can help it, I wish to treat all of your lives the same as mine."

"But my lady, it would no...it is our purpose to both be your sword and shield. If we could not give our lives for you, then our existence would be meaningless. Should you life ever come into danger, than all of us will undoubtedly sacrifice ourselves for you. This is not something you should deny, but rather take pride in your loyal retainers! I understand that you are a merciful master through my my time of serving you, but this is not something I will back down on!"

"...I am no saint Sigrun....I will sacrifice all of my summons if it means my life. I understand that you all can be revived  so I will use you all, but I simply do no wish to see you die when you do not need to. "
"Of course my lady, so why did you not send some expendable Merc Summons into the caves to map them out?"

.....

.....

I face palm myself internally. Mentally checking my summons, I dispel 5 Tier 3 beasts to regain 150mp regen. Summoning 5 new Tier 3 beasts, all of which I ensure have night vision, and are adapted to fighting and traversing the new cavernous terrain, I send them off to explore the caves. 

*Sigh...No matter how much I may try to prepare and formulate ideas and plans, I am by far not perfect. I guess that I should be looking more into my summons input and ideas from now on.

"Thank you Sigrun, it completely eluded me that that was an option." I turn my head away fiddling with the earthen ware that Nix had created. Moving the clay like plates and utensils in an effort to hide my blush.

"It is of course an hour to be of help my lady" Sigrun beamingly smiles as though she this event just made her whole day.

Still, it is approaching night time so I still do plan on adventuring the mountains, but it will be a safer option to always have some Merc Summons scout much further ahead of us, but leave the main fighting to our group. 

 

 

wondering if I should keep this "slow pace" or speed up

 

 

20