Chapter 27(Elite Summoner(50/80))
441 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regarding the new "floor" we found, it was its own ecosystem in a way. Luminescent moss and fungus provided light. A plethora of mushrooms and some hardy weeds could be seen about, but the critical part was the presence of animals. Giant bats, feral moles, and some weird giant bug that resembled a an armored caterpillar sizing to 5 feet high and 15 ft long. A thriving mini ecosystem is present on this floor, but who knows how many more could be within this mountain. 

Ciel reported seeing that occasionally an Arachnid would come in and capture another animal for slaughter. Why are the Arachnids living in the mountains, why do they leave and hunt both inside and outside, and what are they doing deep in the mountains. Perhaps the Arachnids started here, on a floor like this but grew to be a dominant predator. Ciel noted that although many of the animals here fought back, so far none could manage to resist. If so, why do they not take over this "floor" and convert it into part of the colony. 

Why do they bother to hunt outside in the forest if there are plenty of resources in the mountain itself. In the beginning I thought that they hunted outside because of how barren the underground was for most of our searching, but this shows otherwise. I also reason that this mountain is their base perhaps because they originated from here, and that it is an ideal home somehow to them. Protection against both the elements and enemies alike. A lot of the forest monsters that could kill the Arachnids tended to have wings back in the forest. Giant Birds and Wasps were able to attack from above where the spiders could not maneuver their limbs and maw easily. These tunnels, however, would limit any avian or aerial creatures from entering or using their flight advantage to well against the Arachnids. 

There has been another update with team 1. The spider colonies and webs run deep. So far they have encountered more than two dozen egg rooms just from the short time they have been scouting. They have encountered even more Arachnids. Why were they able to reach the egg rooms so fast though? Generally such rooms should be hidden deep within the colony. Arachnids are not ants, so there is no Arachnid Queen, at least I think there isn't. So that means that each Arachnid should be capable of procreating. Could it be that so many Arachnids are laying eggs that there isn't enough room? Or perhaps they are just much less organized that I thought. Perhaps they each have their own stakes of rooms and territory and live divided as separate "families."

Either way, from the looks of my summons, it seems that the underground life of these mountains runs much deeper than I thought. Only a few days have gone by, and there is no end in sight of the limit pertaining to these tunnels. Because this expedition is taking a long time I have been opting to teleport myself and my life summons outside to sleep and have a meal, but we still have been spending a majority of our time scouting. 

But my god, these bugs and insects are disgusting. I don't really show it on my face, but every time an armored caterpillar or an Arachnid or any insect is slain by my summons, my guts twist and turn as I see the rancid entrails of these bugs leave their bodies. ITS GOO! These devil spawns don't have blood??? I am rather calm and ok with normal monsters and beasts being slaughtered, but these overgrown insects are just so incredibly horrid. 

Not only are their guts just so abhorring to me, but their faces are just abominable. I...I... won't even explain what they are like, just that they are not something you want to go to sleep with on your mind. 

The only positive part of exploring these mountains so far, is that the amount of hunting we have been able to do is by far much more fruitful. Many monsters are packed into rooms or floors. But I do miss spending most of my time in fresh air and under a nice sky. 

Ciel had already brought back some spider silk, and as was predicted the material caught on fire like a flash. 

 

 

Looking at my Merc Summon skill, so far I have been utilizing it for the amount of power and numbers it gives, but another great advantage it gives it he versatility and utility aspects as well, like how I summoned a light spirit to provide light in the dark caves. Over my whole time traveling and hunting, I always made sure to focus a part of the night after hunting to summoning random Merc Summons to discover new summons. One such discovery were  plant type summons.  Two of which are going to be very useful for my upcoming plan. A tier 2 Cherry Bomb like Shrub, and a tier 2 Rotting Treant. 

 

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Elite Summoner Mp 291 mp
    Mp Regen 400 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 50 80    
Experience 1025 4000    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 158 316    
Wis 490 980    
Unallocated 0      

Elite Summoner
         
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Elite Mercenary Summon 19 100 Temporarily summon 1 tier 3 creature. [10-Beast,15-Plant.30-Undead,40-Elemental,50-Spirit, 80-Demon,90-Angel,100-dragon] 30/45/65/90/120/155/195/240
Evolve 2 20 20 [20]Permanently Evolve a summon to tier(3) 200mp
Summoner Teleport 30 30 Teleport to a summon, decrease Recall cooldown. 50mp
Summons' Network 30 30 Increase range of Summoner Communcation and allow Summons to communcate with each other within the range.  
Summoner's Blessing 20 20 Increase 10 summons' stats by 50%  
Summoner's Space 1 10 Pocket Space to house summons(0-10)[1]  
Summoner's Mind 2 10 10 (25)% increase to Wis and Int  
Summoner's Mana 2 20 20 (25)% increase to Mana and Mp Regen  
Unallocated 0        

 

Almost Christmas, Might not write near,around, soon, etc. Merry Christmas soon Yall.

18