Chapter 76: The Villain’s Little Mermaid 11
367 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In his car, Bai Liang calmly watched Li Shen running away with Qin Xia-Yu with tens of Li Ziyang’s people chasing behind them. He started the engine and drove back home after his job was done.

On his way, he looked at a large digital billboard outside when the screen abruptly turned black. When it turned on again, instead of showing another ad, Li Wen-Gui’s face appeared on the screen. The camera slowly zoomed out, showing Han Wubin inside the room, unconscious and tied to a chair.

“Noble mermaids of the sea, humans of the land, and Arias. I’m here, standing as the representative of our noble race, to state the truth once and for all,” Li Wen-Gui spoke with a tight face.

People stopped by the side road to watch the video, pointing at it to their companions who weren’t paying attention. Some already found the link directing them to the live broadcast online through various news channels’ social media. The music that was playing on the radio was quickly stopped to broadcast Li Wen-Gui’s words as well.

“Humans are the ones who caused the sea to be what it is right now. They call us invaders, but our emergence is only a natural consequence of their endless greed. Not only did they mined resources that rightfully belong to ours, causing the current predicament, they harmed the animals that we protect, stole our livelihood sustenance, and already contaminated our homes with waste and dangerous substances. If our god didn’t bless our race with superiority, we’d be long extinct.”

Bai Liang saw the light turn green and drove ahead. He wondered whether Li Ziyang heard about Li Shen’s escape which was why he chose this timing to broadcast this. He parked on a side road to continue watching on his tablet.

“Do you humans have no shame at all? Compare to the unfortunate tragedy that happened, do you know how many of our kins we lost on your hand? Have we ever demanded any sort of compensation or consolation?”

The video changed and showed 3 corpses tied up inside a room. They were in such a gruesome state with their mouth opened agape and their eyes red and bulging that one couldn’t imagine the pain and terror they went through in their death.

“Look! Look what the humans did to my family!! Have they done any wrong to you!? Is having the same bloodline as me an incredible sin to make them suffer like this!?”

The video returned to Li Wen-Gui again. He stood behind Han Wubin and raised his hand. Streams of water flowed into the frame and circled around Han Wubin and his seat.

“This human is the one who’s responsible for their death. Not only he killed them, his accomplices held my grandchild captive and threatened to kill him, an innocent child. This time, I will protect our honor.”

Li Wen-Gui shifted his hand. Thin strips of water flowed up from the ring and entered Han Wubin’s nose.

“You have 2 hours to surrender yourself and return my grandchild.”

The video promptly ended. The comment section was like a wildfire that Bai Liang didn’t bother reading any of it until the end. He went to social media to check the public opinion and the hostage situation became the hottest topic along with the conflict between humans and mermaids as well as the Arias’ standing in this. The seed of chaos visibly started to brew, waiting to erupt.

He was certain now that Li Ziyang was baiting Li Shen. He faintly smiled and put his tablet away to resume his drive.

“Xue Liang, block the police from tracking Li Ziyang.”

Xue Liang: [Yes, Master!]

***

Li Ziyang sat at his desk, head buried to his fists. Bai Liang had read his messages but even after sundown, there wasn’t any reply. After that video, he wouldn’t chase after Li Shen by himself, would he? He didn’t doubt Bai Liang would understand his message, but what if he decided to go anyway?

His subordinates said that when their wife wanted some alone time, they should never chase after them until they willingly returned. He wanted to wait but he felt like he was going crazy. The further into the night, the more he could feel the cold of returning to an empty bed. He rather burned himself with sulfur to make Bai Liang forgive him.

Suddenly, his heart trembled and he shot up to his feet.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Boss, Young Master Bai–”

Before the subordinate could finish his words, the door opened with a bang and his boss bolted out. He watched in a daze as the figure disappeared from the corridor within seconds.

Did he know his wife returned? As expected of the big boss…

Bai Liang stepped out of the car, already sensing Li Ziyang coming towards him at light speed. He gave the key to the driver waiting outside before going inside. Opening the door, he was immediately greeted by Li Ziyang, waiting by the foot of the stairs. For a moment, they looked at each other in silence.

Li Ziyang's fists clenched and loosened for a few seconds before he approached Bai Liang. Facing him, he looked straight into Bai Liang’s eyes.

“You were right. I did that to test your feelings and it was low of me. I was wrong. I took your affection for granted. I’m sorry.”

Bai Liang helplessly sighed and rested his hand on his hips, “That’s not what I want to hear.”

Li Ziyang reached out and pulled Bai Liang into his embrace. He whispered, “I love you. I really do. My heart only beats like this for you.”

Bai Liang listened to Li Ziyang’s lively heartbeat and finally relaxed. He returned his embrace, “Li Ziyang, I don’t want to lie to you, but I can’t tell you anything either. You and that person are one and the same, but I won’t deny that you’re two different individuals. Maybe I fell for you because of him, but I love you as you.”

“I know,” Li Ziyang’s hold tightened and he buried his head to Bai Liang’s shoulders. “I know…”

He never felt like Bai Liang was looking at another person through him or else he would’ve noticed a long time ago. Bai Liang’s love for him wasn’t superficial. Bai Liang just couldn’t love him as he loved that other him.

“It’s selfish of me to ask you this, I know,” Bai Liang softly sighed. “But can’t you accept me? Right now, I’m all yours.”

“Even if you’re not mine, I won’t let you be taken away from me,” Li Ziyang lowly said. He straightened and looked at Bai Liang’s eyes solemnly, “But I want you to promise me one thing.”

Bai Liang gave a nod.

“If ever the same thing happens again, if ever that man appears for you again,” Li Ziyang brushed Bai Liang’s cheek, “don’t let him touch you and love you. Don’t…love him.”

“…Alright,” Bai Liang agreed. To be honest, he doubted his master would ever show up again. He then added, “Then, can you promise me something as well?”

Li Ziyang nodded.

“Don’t do something like that ever again. I rather you straightforwardly break my legs or chain me to your bed until you feel better,” Bai Liang smiled without reaching his eyes.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Li Ziyang lightly chuckled and leaned in for a kiss.

Bai Liang’s smile turned genuine as he closed his eyes and welcomed Li Ziyang’s lips. His hands met with Li Ziyang’s and they also connected their fingers. They slowly kissed as if sealing each other’s promise.

As they separated, Li Ziyang whispered, “I have something to show you.”

Bai Liang let Li Ziyang lead him by his hand toward the basement. He noticed the rooms that were used to lock the Li family members in were mostly open. Only 2 were left shut.

“Don’t worry, I only moved them somewhere else,” Li Ziyang explained. “Somewhere they’re needed to be.”

“I’m not worried. Your interest is in my best interest,” Bai Liang reassured. “But my interest might not align with yours.”

“Did it ever stop me?”

Bai Liang lightly chuckled.

Reaching a room, one of the men guarding the door knocked on it twice. A minute later, the door opened and 2 suited men came out. They bowed respectfully at Li Ziyang and Bai Liang before stepping aside.

When they entered, Bai Liang saw a woman tied to a chair. He couldn’t see her face clearly with her head hung low, but her blood-soaked dress was undoubtedly familiar.

“My father doesn’t see me as a son. He gave me to the Shin family as if my worth is only as a marriageable pawn to please Li Wen-Gui. I don’t accept her as my fiancée,” Li Ziyang cocked his gun. “She worth nothing to me.”

Bai Liang raised his hand and a ball of water formed over his palm. He smiled at Li Ziyang, “Since it’s like this, might as well make her useful.”

“If so,” Li Ziyang reached out and streams of blood flowed out of Shin Jia's wounds, “let’s show another side of a mermaid’s terror.”

17