Chapter 78: The Villain’s Little Mermaid 13
349 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Liang opened his eyes and looked at Li Ziyang sound asleep next to him. Slowly, he brushed his hair aside, traced his eyebrow down to his cheek, and rubbed his ear for a long while. Finally, he pressed his thumb between Li Ziyang’s eyebrows and gently flowed in his qi, further deepening his sleep.

After a few days, he figured out what his master truly gave him. The restriction was only an additional effect. His master must’ve known what his reincarnation this time had caused.

He couldn’t tell if his master was aware of what his purpose truly was. In every reincarnation, his master always died first, so the possibility was low, but this was his master he was talking about. It wasn’t impossible for him to already understand everything and deliberately not say anything because he knew that heaven didn’t want him to know.

But for his master to give him his seal while being aware of what happened in the past worlds, he must’ve realized the urgency of this situation. Of course, this seal could also be meant for him to be able to call Li Ziyang anytime he was in danger, but his master didn’t explicitly say so. That was his master’s silent permit to use it as he wished.

Propping himself up, he slid off the bed and got up before pulling the quilt back over Li Ziyang. He changed his clothes, wearing dominantly black, and headed out, leaving his phone behind.

He spread his spiritual force through the entire villa, putting everyone to sleep. Covering his hair with his hoodie, he stretched out his hand and focused. A few seconds later, light formed from his palm and slowly shaped itself into a long sword. When it dimmed, a thin sword with a white and silver handle appeared in his palm.

“Long time no see, Xue Liang.”

Xue Liang: [Xiao Xue is happy to see you again, Master!]

Bai Liang placed it down, letting it hover in front of him, and smoothly mounted it. They promptly ascended, far until no bare eyes could see, and went away.

Reaching an abandoned school building, he landed on the rooftop and entered the building. He went to the infirmary on the first floor where Li Shen, Qin Xia-Yu, and Han Wubin were hiding.

Qin Xia-Yu, who was on the night watch, noticed a silhouette appearing at the end of the hallway and warily backed away into the infirmary. She didn’t dare make any noise until she saw Bai Liang’s figure. From his hair and eyes, she figured he was a mermaid.

Could it be Li Shen’s relative? He said that his uncle was an Aria, so this person couldn’t be him. But Li Shen didn’t say anything about his relative coming.

Bai Liang let her wake Li Shen and Han Wubin up. When he opened the door, all three of them had huddled at the very end of the room, Han Wubin protecting them behind his back despite his injury.

“Bai Lun…” Li Shen stared at Bai Liang, his voice heavily repressed.

“Li Shen,” Bai Liang calmly returned Li Shen’s greeting. “No need to be so guarded. I come here by myself.”

Li Shen didn’t relax, “How did you know where we’re hiding?”

Bai Liang smiled, “It’s quite a festival out there, you know? If you obediently did as you’re told, none of this would’ve happened.”

“We all know whatever he did, you’d kill his parents anyway!” Qin Xia-Yu spatted.

“Are you defending him or defending yourself, Miss Qin?” Bai Liang raised his eyebrows.

“Shut your mouth! Don’t listen to her, Xia-Yu,” Li Shen hurriedly said. He glared at Bai Liang, “Whatever you or First Uncle want, Bai Lun, I won’t do it. I’ll never listen to your words ever again. You have nothing else to threaten me with.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t need you this time,” Bai Liang looked at Qin Xia-Yu. “Miss Qin is the one I need.”

Both Li Shen and Han Wubin swiftly covered Qin Xia-Yu from Bai Liang’s sight. Li Shen readied his water while Han Wubin raised the crowbar in his hand.

“I’m not here to fight,” Bai Liang spread his hands languidly. “Don’t you want to fix this world? Returning it back to how it should be?”

“…What?” Li Shen frowned.

“Young Master, don’t listen to him,” Han Wubin reminded, his eyes not shifting the slightest bit from Bai Liang.

“What’s a fairytale should remain a fairytale. What lives underwater should remain underwater. Don't you agree?” Bai Liang gestured at Qin Xia-Yu. “Miss Qin is the key to resetting this world.”

Qin Xia-Yu looked at Bai Liang doubtfully, “How did you know about the blueprint? I never even told my parents about it.”

Bai Liang only smiled.

“Then, why did you tell me to kill her?” Li Shen didn’t believe Bai Liang to suddenly have a change of heart.

“Well, she’s still alive and well, isn’t she?” Bai Liang shamelessly said.

“You…!” Li Shen gritted his teeth. The water changed to spears and shot toward Bai Liang, “Then why did you kill my parents!? Even Grandfather–!”

Without lifting a finger, Bai Liang stopped the water a foot away from him. Li Shen’s control was overpowered and the water spears splattered to the ground.

“Don’t even try. You have to at least be as strong as your beloved grandpa,” Bai Liang waved his hand and swept the water back to Li Shen. “I don’t have to dictate to you what will happen if the mermaids stay any longer on land. The anti-mermaid faction is already moving to use this chance to eradicate us. They’re going to get support from the Scholar Society who wants to harvest our meat for immortality.”

“Then, why didn’t you stop First Uncle!? Why did you let this happen!?”

“Why should I?” Bai Liang tilted his head. “Uncle Ziyang is an Aria. He’ll benefit from this.”

Li Shen, Han Wubin, and Qin Xia-Yu shuddered from the look in Bai Liang’s eyes. They were certain something was not right with Bai Liang’s head.

“Either way, I’ll help you clear your name and you help me purify the ocean. It’s a win-win offer, no?” Bai Liang crossed his arms. “I don’t understand why you’re making such a fuss.”

“Even if you say that, the machine isn’t ready yet. I’ve only made the blueprint,” Qin Xia-Yu hesitantly said.

“Xia-Yu, we’re not doing what he wants! He’s clearly scheming something!” Li Shen disagreed.

“I’m not telling you to do it right now, Miss Qin,” Bai Liang reassured, ignoring Li Shen’s words. “I prepared a workshop for you. I just need you to make 3 prototypes in 2 weeks.”

Qin Xia-Yu shook her head, “I’ll need at least a month.”

“Xia-Yu!” Li Shen looked at Qin Xia-Yu in disbelief.

“I’m sorry, Li Shen. I know you have a problem with him, but he’s right. Once the mermaids leave, everything will naturally be over,” Qin Xia-Yu firmly said. “I don’t hate mermaids, but it’s best for your race to return to where you belong. I’m not saying this as an Aria, but that’s what many calculations conclude. If mermaids continue to live on land, moreover with how you have a longer lifespan than humans, in less than 200 years, resources on land will be depleted and there’s even a chance that humans can go extinct. Even now, there are already many new genetic disorders because of our races’ cohabitation.”

Li Shen, “…”

“As expected of Miss Qin, you are entirely correct,” Bai Liang applauded. “Might I add, our return to the sea will restore the aquatic ecosystem overtime. This is beneficial for both of our races.”

“What do you actually want, Bai Lun? I don’t believe you’re doing this without any personal gain,” Li Shen glared at Bai Liang.

“Does it matter what I gain from this?” Bai Liang raised an eyebrow. “Do you rather forsake the future of 3 whole species than let me get what I want?”

“Kh…!” Li Shen clenched his fists.

“I may be a mermaid, but the person who raised me as my father is a human. I’m taking both sides in this matter,” Bai Liang turned around and walked away. “The workshop is under him. You’ll be safe there.”

The three people looked at each other and the first to follow Bai Liang was Qin Xia-Yu. Han Wubin waited for Li Shen’s decision and after a long struggle, Li Shen finally decided to follow as well. They couldn’t let anything happen to Qin Xia-Yu.

The taxi Xue Liang ordered was already waiting outside the gate and they drove straight to Bai Shu-Huang’s office. Throughout the way, the car was quiet, making the driver increasingly nervous by the tension, especially with the current situation. The only thing that gave him peace of mind was the single human with them that physically looked the strongest.

When they reached their destination, the driver didn’t waste any time rushing away.

“A month,” Bai Liang said again to Qin Xia-Yu. “More than 30 experts, including your parents are already waiting inside. Use as much as resources you need to give me result in a month.”

20