Sarah’s World
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tobi got up slowly, as her body fell to the side with a thud.

The fireball that took down his medic, caused a small explosion nearby.

He covered his face from the dust and smoke.

Each movement he made, resulted in spikes of pain, shooting through his entire body.

His heart was beating so fast, a side effect of injecting the medicine twice.

Tobi breathed heavily.

With difficulty, he finally stood up, looking at Zaryon.

The ball of pressurized and condensed white fire, had reached three times his size by now, growing to the fourth.

He was furiously keeping up his ice armour, to protect himself from the heat.

This attack was shaving away thousands of years, off his life.

He couldn't lose focus on it.

Tobi spoke into his comm.

"Sarah, can you patch me through to the World?"

Sarah surprised asked back, while disconnecting from the world telometer.

"Are you sure? There's no time, that ball of fire could wipe out half of the planet."

He shook his head and responded back.

"Yeah I know... I wanna ask them something."

Sarah agreed and patched him through.

"You're live."

The broadcast switched to him.

Tobi chose his words carefully.

"People of Earth, my name is Tobi and I was born in Nigeria. I only found out I was also half an alien recently, but that doesn't matter right now... That alien up there, wants to take away our will to live... However! We have the power to fight back."

He made a fist, gripping it in front of him,  other arm still missing.

He didn't move his eyes from Zaryon for one second.

Tobi started gathering energy.

Rings of fire crushed the the crater further, as he started drawing energy from all around him.

He continued.

"I barely have the strength to stand, but I know we can still win..."

A rock arm formed on his missing arm.

Ice layers formed all over his body.

He added more layers on his palms.

"I have one final move that can help us all see tomorrow, but I will need your help to do it. Lend me your energy, no matter how small. We are all connected... If you give me permission, we can defeat him, right now."

People across the world watched, confused and scared at the same time.

However they understood.

There was no other moment.

Now was the time to make a choice.

People across the world reached out, wishing to give him strength.

Some threw their hands in the air or closed their eyes praying, while others looked at the screen in the sky.

Hoping, that he would win.

Tobi reached out.

Further than he had ever done before.

He felt his allies and people across the world, sharing their energy.

Everyone participating, felt connected for a moment.

It was a weird, but euphoric feeling.

Luckily, he had spent the last eight months practicing this, to make sure he never killed anyone he drew energy from.

First on plants, then wild animals, then criminals on vigilante missions.

His eyes flickered back blue.

Orange veins raced around his body once again, then started flickering black and white.

Rings of fire burned bright orange, then white, crushing the ground around him.

Snow fell in his crater as thunder bellowed overhead.

The environment around him broke up, whirring into a subtle hurricane around him.

Electricity ran as a hazard all over the crater.

This was the most amount of energy that Tobi had ever amounted within his body.

He didn't waste it.

Cupping both of his hands to the side, a ball of electric fire sparked in between his hands.

Growing bigger, then condensing, over a hundred times over.

He distanced his hands a bit more, to hold the ball of energy.

Zaryon noticed the amount of energy Tobi was amassing.

His own fireball was ten times his size now.

A burning sun of fire.

He kept a big distance away from it.

He called out with a megaphone like voice.

"Do you really think, you can stop me? I will make this side of the world, a burning waste land and the other side my slaves... Face it, failed!

He condensed the ball further, to half of its size, which caused him excruciating pain.

He grimaced and then yelled out.

"World Breaker!"

He launched his attack at Tobi down below.

Tobi had just finished amassing an insane amount of energy, in between both of his hands.

A blue ball of fire, rotated at mach speed.

Lava started to form as a core in the middle of the ball, as electricity raced around it.

His hair flickered streaks of silver.

His eyes glowed blue.

Destruction instensified around him, as he prepared to launch his attack.

Then he let it go.

Placing his hands in front of him, pointing towards the ball of fire and Zaryon.

"Ignite: Static World Cannon!"

Mist formed from his breath.

The ball of fire in front of him, cracked open and a beam of laser fire with a magma core, collided with the ball of fire.

Leaving cloud rings.

The world watched, at the edge of their seats, praying.

The collision and impact, resounded in a deafening explosion that sent shockwaves for kilometres.

The beam boomed on, leaving the ball of fire in a massive explosion.

It seemed as though it was get bigger, as Zaryon watched it gunning for him.

Tobi didn't let up, screaming at the top of his lungs.

His arms burned.

Third degree burn marks appeared on his remaining arm and  wounds opening up all over his body.

Tobi formed more layers of ice armour to cover his body and heal himself little by little, but it was futile, as the ice kept melting.

Zaryon's life flashed in front of his eyes.

"But...but  I can't die... there is no way, I could lose here. There's so much I've left behind-"

The beam engulfed him, booming in the sky as his body caused another explosion.

His remains fell back down to the earth.

"We won."

Tobi whispered, then fell over.

The world celebrated, shocked, thrilled, and confused.

They watched their hero on the screen unconscious with wonder.

Multiple medic bots landed moments later, putting him on a futuristic looking stretcher and flew him back to the landing shuttle.

They injected him with a toned down pain killer, that had nanotech working away, giving him temporary relief.

Then gave him blood, prepared by Sarah, as he had lost a lot during the battle.

Tobi woke up in the middle.

He sat up and called out.

"Sarah we can't leave them like this. Patch me through once more, please."

Sarah agreed without questioning.

"Your live."

The broadcast which focused on the shuttle, bradcasted it disappearing in midair.

Then it switched to the inside of the shuttle, focusing on Tobi.

Partially healed from Sarah's medicine.

Armour still destroyed from the battle.

He was sitting on a stretcher bed, like in ambulances, but fitted to the shuttle.

Behind him medic androids, went to work, gathering tools and typing away on the shuttle console, flying them back to the moon.

Tobi spoke.

The whole World listened, on the edge of their seats.

"I am not a hero."

Those words sent a shock through the world.

"My actions today, were purely of the fact that my family, friends and own life were in danger. I'm just a startup entrepreneur, trying to live a peaceful life and travel the world one day. Instead, I find out that a serum from a lost people was injected into my mother, without her consent and her knowledge and now I'm being targeted by an Empire that spans a galaxy..."

He sniffled a bit and wiped his nose.

"Speaking of, we are the only solar system still safe from the Cerian Empire, which spans 175 worlds across the Milky Way. Only thanks to the Sputnik, which was discovered by my alien great-grampa, when it first reached space.

He nodded, smiling.

I know right? The Sputnik? Anyways... He placed a machine called the Arflauge, which protected us since then from any of their scanners. Unfortunately that machine is now out of order and it will take lots of time for Sarah to fix."

He took a deep breath, then continued.

"I am the last hope and defence against this threat. My Rennayan older brother, has been urging me to leave Earth, since I'm not strong enough yet, to take them on, on my own. However Sarah has developed new tech, that with your help, can help us defeat the alien threat and keep our freedom!"

He raised his voice and smiled.

"So I'll give you the choice, we'll let you know what secrets we have to offer, at a U.N. and all leaders meeting, hosted by us. This will be our contract. Do you want us to stay and protect this planet and rebuild the Arflauge machine. Or do you want us to pack up and leave."

He paused letting them take it in, then continued.

"The choice is yours. We are ready to invade one of the Princes planets soon and can restart our lives there. So don't worry about us."

As he said this, Sarah programmed, dialogue boxes with his question, beaming them to every person it could reach.

In a blue and white calming box with the BSF logo.

People across the world pondered and casted their votes.

After a few moments, Sarah let him know the results in his comm.

"It seems like 74% of you are in favor. We'll see you again at the meeting. We'll be announcing the details soon on sarahsworld.org. Stay safe..."

Tobi fell back, as the broadcast went blank.

Disappearing from skies everywhere.

0