Stand Your Ground
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selvin did not hesitate, powering up the laser out of the Nova Prime's palm.

"Kaletor!"

Kaletor looked up, annoyed from being distracted by a malicious scene.

The laser erupted out of his palm at a frightening speed.

Kaletor instinctively raised the platform he was standing on, as a shield.

Holding it together as the laser pushed him several kilometers away and into a massive mountain before it dissipated.

The shield he made, crumbled into dust, as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"I didn't know he was capable of producing such energy. I will have to take him out first, before playing with other ants."

He looked noticing the Nova Prime racing towards him.

He grinned raising dozens of golems, hurdling through the sky towards Selvin.

"Angelic Stone Raid!"

Selvin raised the Prime's right arm in front of him, letting loose a shower of machine gun fire, pummeling several of the golems.

However, some outmaneuvered the rain of bullets crashing onto the Prime and latching on.

Before long there were too many weighing down the suit and it crashed down near Kaletor, as it tried grabbing hold of them.

Ripping some off, before letting off an electric shock, crumbling down the rest to pieces.

The Prime turned to face Kaletor.

"You'll pay for what you have done!"

Selvin yelled out, through the microphone.

Kaletor grinned.

"This is war! Why are you mad? Soldiers die all the time!"

The Prime reached for the photon sword, sheathed on its back.

"No, I've been through many battles. I can see it in your eyes. You get a kick, off of this, don't you? Harming those, that can't harm you back... You make me sick."

Kaletor chuckled.

"Big words, coming from a little man in a tin can. I would have crushed you, within your suit already, but some foreign energy seems to be protecting you."

The Nova Prime crouched, sword unsheathed held behind its back, ready to swing at a moment's notice.

It started to shrink, while still maintaining mass and bulking up.

An immense amount of power piled up within the Prime and redirected into the sword.

Electric currents started racing along the sword, as the Prime suit steamed, ready to go, like a charging bull.

Kaletor noticed what Selvin was trying to do, and gathered energy as large tremors echoed across the land.

"Stone Titans!"

A massive stone golem, larger than the Nova Prime, but denser than the golem he made before, rose out of the ground violently and lunged at the Prime, with frightening speed.

Simultaneously another, same-size golem, creeped out the ground, aiming to grab the Prime from the back.

Selvin was pinched, however, he wasn't worried.

Releasing the throttle on the Nova Prime to have it, shooting forward like a rocket, leaving trails of clouds and incinerating the golem behind it.

The golem in front was obliterated in less than a second, as Selvin passed through, swinging the Prime's sword like a bat.

Kaletor leaped forward into the air, unsheathing his versillium longsword and reinforcing it with Iko and iron, the toughest material he could pull from the earth.

To Selvin's surprise, his charge was canceled out, leaving carnage around them from the impact of their swords colliding.

The Nova Prime hopped back making some distance, as Kaletor used the momentum to land back on what remained of the mountain.

"Now Saphyra! Activate the Sky Hammer!"

A massive laser, appearing faster than Kaletor could react, hit him dead center as he landed on the mountain.

The Nova Prime was pushed back from the winds caused by the constant fiery beam of death raining from the sky.

Sarah and Saphyra had tweaked around with the Sky Hammer satellites, making them more efficient and controlled by drones under their control.

Breaching many International laws, which she ignored or put on hold, stating, that she was responsible for the fate of the world.

Selvin had noticed that she had started to become more human.

As the smoke cleared, Selvin scanned deep within the massive crater, carved away by the Sky Hammer.

There was no sign of life.

He raised his hand in the air, celebrating his victory.

Too early as the Prime started to rise, being grasped by two massive stone and iron hands, too quick for Selvin to escape.

Kaletor appeared, in front of Selvin, gasping for air, as he leaped out of the ground.

His body was having a hard time reforming over 40% of his body back.

"I will relish this!"

Mary spoke up, blaring warning signs.

"Selvin! You have to leave! Eject now!"

He grasped his hands together.

"Iron Grasp!

The hands clasped together, demolishing the Nova Prime, as a small figure ejects itself out of the back safely.

Selvin tried not to panic, watching the massive hands drop the remains of the Prime back down.

He noticed the left arm was still intact, as it stuck out while he got captured.

He cut his parachute, then broke his fall rolling over.

He immediately drew his trusty eagle and dagger,  both modified by Sarah, for space combat.

His Nova Lite suit, drew strength from his life and the environment around him, releasing the limiters.

Updated to the maximum potential of Tobi's current basic strength, it was the only hope he had of not being killed instantly.

Kaletor dropped down out of the sky, kicking up a ring of smoke and dust.

"Like a roach, you survive. You have no power, yet you dare defy those superior to you. Who do you think you are!"

The Nova Lite suit protracted a protective helmet from the neck of the suit.

Selvin emptied his clip, watching his bullets fly off Kaletor, then switched it to laser mode and continued firing.

Kaletor shook his head blocking the laser fire with stone and iron barriers, as his body finished reforming.

"They never learn..."

Two humanoid iron golems rose out of the ground, reaching for him.

He fired at them, aiming for their joints, without success, as one of them continued to slap his gun, out of his hand.

"Gah!"

Selvin recoiled but didn't hesitate to drive his dagger across its chest, with a surprising impact, sending it hurdling back a couple of meters.

'What was that?'

He thought to himself, but his attention was quickly cut, by the golem grabbing him from the back.

He struggled at first, then the golem's arms cracked and blew apart as he freed himself.

He turned around, punched it in the chest, and watched it break into pieces.

'Where was this strength coming from?'

He looked at his arms, noticing blue veins, pulsing across his suit and body.

He had ascended.

Mary spoke up while signaling warnings.

She had been transferred to his suit

"Selvin the suit is at %150 capacity. Your life expectancy is dropping. You have to end this fight quickly and seek medical attention."

Selvin shifted into a fighting stance, the face of Kaletor.

"I will Mary, just be ready."

Kaletor could not believe his eyes.

"How can you wield such strength? Who gave you all of those gimmicks!"

Selvin smiled, then gritted his teeth getting serious.

"You asked who I am? My name is Selvin, General of the Beyond Space Federation and I'll be the last person you'll ever see."

Kaletor was beyond annoyed at this point.

His anger visibly boiled over the top, however, he just laughed.

"I won't miss this time!"

He raised his left hand and gripped it in front of him.

"Titan's Grasp!"

Iron and stone hands rose around Selvin enclosing him.

Seconds later, after a series of tremors, an opening crumbled and he leaped out, lunging at Kaletor.

A golem rose in front of him, to intercept his charge, but Selvin place one hand on its head and flipped over it.

Drop kicking Kaletor in the head, into the ground.

He used the momentum to gain more air and drop one more strike into Kaletor's back, breaking up the ground around them.

"Ahhhk!"

Kaletor yelled out, taking in a lot of damage.

He winced and quickly twisted himself, tripping Selvin over.

Then grabbed his foot, reinforcing his grip with clay and stone, and threw him towards the remains of the Nova Prime.

Selvin landed rolling over into the Prime's back.

He got up, coughing blood and feeling dizzy.

No human should be thrown the fast.

He hurled, then sidestepped quickly as Kaletor whizzed past him, crashing into the Nova Prime's remains.

Selvin regained his composure, as he looked towards Kaletor's direction, warily.

Seeing the bloodthirsty expression written on his face.

"I see... You're borrowing the strength of the Rennayans. That's why it was difficult to absorb you back there. Whatever..."

He started making his way towards Selvin, reinforcing himself with light iron armor.

"The old-fashioned way would still be satisfying."

Selvin knew he should be running right now.

He could feel the fear, at the back of his subconscious, but it was as if, somehow it was being pushed to the side, for newfound courage.

For a split second, he claimed it was a hallucination, but beside him, replicating the same fighting stance, he was holding, was a Rennayan soldier.

Moreso one with a decorated uniform, which Selvin could only conclude, that it was someone with the rank of a General.

The man smiled at him, his hazel eyes shimmering with kindness.

Then he vanished, as time resumed again.

They leaped at each other, fists colliding, matching blow for blow.

However, Selvin was faster and had much more experience with martial arts, overpowering Kaletor and kicking and flying near the Nova Prime's Torso.

Kaletor got up, furious and confused.

"This can't be happening! There's no way I should be struggling with a mere insect! I will destroy you!"

Stone and rocks started to rise, up above them.

Casting an ominous shadow.

Selvin didn't take his eyes off Kaletor for a second, but he started to back away.

"Mary... Anytime now."

Mary buzzed in his ear, speaking in a hurried tone.

"Just a sec, almost done. Hang in there!"

Selvin started running, flanking in a circle so that Kaletor would not move out of position.

He dodged the first few barrages of rubble, running faster than he had done in his life.

However, moments later, his arrogance caught up to him.

As a pitfall appeared in front of him, and he skidded to a stop leaping to safety.

Only to be hit by a barrage of rocks and stones.

He placed his hands up, letting off a massive laser beam, using up all of his strength.

The laser blew the rocks and stones in front of him to smithereens.

He dropped to his knees, coughing and covering his eyes.

The cobalt blue veins, along with the rest of his suit, flickered off, powering down.

Kaletor grinned and started making his way toward Selvin.

"You underestimated us, Human. We, children of Atlas, are the ones who have been chosen to lead all those closer to God. It is the only way."

Selvin laughed out loud, shaking his head and wiping a tear.

"I don't have a damn clue... But what you're talking about? All I know for sure is that, we're not going to hold back against you guys and I'm pretty sure, you're the one that's underestimating us."

He sighed.

"Mary, please?"

Hopping near the Prime's torso, was its arm.

Moving with the help of nanites, it structured wires to funnel power from the Primes fuel cell.

Sarah had given, each body part of the Prime the ability to control itself, through a primary host chip.

This way it could repair, be used, or act on the user's will, without the need for the whole suit to operate.

The arm had already depleted the entire capacity within the Nova Prime, by the time Kaletor noticed.

He looked back at Selvin, who was smiling.

Four iron walls rose out of the ground within a second, burning away the little lifespan, Kaletor had been conserving.

The beam escaping the arm, ripped through the walls, easier than butter, burning him, faster than he could speak.

Selvi ran and dove for cover, as the Nova Prime exploded.

Selvin groaned.

"Sarah is going to kill me."

0