The Messian
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man, sitting in his cell, got up, struggling with his restraints. The earthquakes and massive explosion, caving in his prison, made it hard for him to sleep.

Standing before him albeit battered up, but still free, were two men and one woman, a sight he thought he would never see.

He looked around, trying once more, to use his senses to search outside of his cell, but was left disappointed. His cell was specially made, to disable and hold users, up to the third gear. Tech made by his ancestors.

The woman tapped on the glass, stealing his attention. She to talk to him, but all he could hear were murmurs, as his cell was soundproof.

He raised his cuffed hands pointing at the intercom on the right side of his cell. Amaara noticed, then walked over, pressing the button, allowing open communication.

"Who are you and what's your story."

The Novas were curious. They had never seen an alien that looked or felt like him. The man has black and grey hair, mixed equally. Violet eyes and a mixed complexion.

He looked young like he was in his early 20s, but his eyes added decades of trauma. Regardless, he still managed to smile, happy to have visitors, that weren't part of the rotten family.

"My name is Acryus. I am half Rennayan, half Messian. I was captured 80 years ago, by a Prince of Ceria."

He paused, looking at their outfits.

"You're foreigners, right?"

Amaara kept a poker face, still unable to trust him.

"Yes, we are Novas of the Beyond Space Force. This is Simon & Koji."

Pointing at the two, giving him dead glares, with one hand resting on their weapons.

"...And you can call me Amaara. Now listen here. See this."

She reached into her belt pocket and pulled out a small object, releasing it into the air. It whirred silently, as it caught flight and started recording.

"This is a _____, we use these, to vet aliens. This, along with your story, will help me, determine if I should, just leave you in here..."

She crossed her arms, giving him a playful grin.

"Or possibly let you out."

Acryus knew already to be wary of her. Still, he kept his composure and slightly lifted his right eyebrow.

"First of all that is a ____. Made by my people over 1500 years ago. Second of all, if you're not associated with the Cerian Empire, are you sure we have time for this right now?"

Amaara chuckled.

"Damn, so you really can't sense anything in there can you? Sarah might find this interesting."

She looked back at Simon & Koji, who just nodded back, telling her it was ok to let him know.

"They were planning on invading us, so we ambushed them. All children of Atlas on this planet have been wiped out. Valtorin is now under our control."

Acryus stepped back, letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"I understand the situation now. Well then, where should I start-"

Amaara cut him off.

"How about you start with, why you're in this cell."

Acryus gave her a soft smile.

"It's because I am dangerous."

Amaara raised her eyebrows.

"Oh really?"

He looked up to the ceiling, sighing.

"I have to be. They slaughtered my entire settlement, around 80 years ago. I have been locked up and used, as their slave ever since."

The Novas were stunned. Amaara walked up close to the glass, squinting her eyes as she looked him down, head to toe.

"Did you say 80 years ago? That's impossible, you look like you're about our age."

Acryus shook his head.

"It's possible for Messians... Our lifespans range from 250-300 years old. I've pretty much just reached adulthood."

Still unable to believe she had just heard, she looked back at Simon and Koji. Simon shook his head, walking closer to the glass

"80 years that's insane."

Koji gripped his hilt, feeling no doubt in Acryus' words.

"He must be strong."

Acryus darted his eyes between each Nova.

"You may not believe me. That's fine. My only reason to go on living right now is to kill the Prince that murdered my parents and the rest of his siblings, that killed and terrorized our settlement."

He shifted his position, as he continued his story.

"Our settlement, was on a small moon, camouflaged on the outskirts of the Rennayan Solar System. My father was the leader of the reformists, he wanted to change the minds of the people away from war and their traditional ideology. Since they were often persecuted, groups of them left at a time to settle on a large moon, with the air of some friends from Rennaya."

The Novas were quiet, taking this all in. Acryus looked at the hovering ball, still watching him for any lies, he may spout. He exhaled deeply, before continuing.

"That's how he met my mother. Together we lived in our tiny little house, tending to our farm every day, while my father solved settlement disputes and trained me when he could. However, all of that changed, when the children of Atlas attacked."

He looked at each of them, with the most pain-stuck eyes they'd ever seen. As if he had just witnessed the event moments ago.

"All of the adults were killed. They then separated the children into delicacies and fighters. Mixed blood was their favorite to eat, but when Atlas found out, he ordered them to save us as backup, for some plan he's thought up."

He raised his handcuffs, giving them a little shake.

"Since then, these cells, have been my home, and the occasional battlefields, they throw me on and that's pretty much all there is to it."

He stepped forward as the floating orb scanned him once more.

Amaara smiled, reaching up to grab it and put it away.

"It seems the people have spoken. They wish to see you free."

She nodded towards Koji, who hit the large button on a console, which they figured out with Saphyra's help, was the release. The cell opened up, releasing an incredible amount of pressure and mist.

Akryus stepped out. Standing in front of Amaara.

"The people? I had an audience?"

She laughed lightly.

"That's right, we Novas fight for the people and they sometimes like to come along with us on our journey."

She raised her right hand stretching her index finger, as a knife-sized beam, erupted, hovering over her finger and maintaining itself like a torch. Then she proceeded to cut down his restraints, with two quick strikes.

Acryus' chains fell, clattering against the floor over each other. He rubbed his wrists, easing a long-awaited itch. Then cracked his neck and stretched his arms and legs.

Amaara spoke as he continued to stretch.

"We're in the process of clearing out a safe path for our planet. Then we plan on dismantling the Cerian Empire. I'm sure you still want a chance to meet the children of Atlas, who destroyed your home. So..."

Acryus met her eyes, and his expression changed.

"So, what are you implying?"

Amaara put on a confident smirk. She knew they could use his strength and he didn't seem, as dangerous as he says he is.

"How about... joining the Novas?

0