Return to Rennaya
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tobi and the Novas continued training on Azuria. By increasing their knowledge of iko and increasing their strength and capabilities. They took turns switching with the other Novas, invading the Cerian Empire and protecting the Federation, during the next several weeks.

As they progressed with a path forward, securing a safe route for Earth and the other planets of BSF, through Cerian Space, they came across the last habitual planet, at the end of their path. A planet, that looked to be recovering from a mass invasion. With abandoned cities, overtaken by mother nature and an incredibly small population of survivors, showing up on her scans.

Saphyra went to Sarah, with the news, hoping to confirm something. Seeing Sarah's eyes light up, gave her, her answer. The war-torn, ghost planet, was in fact Rennaya.

Such news made headlines across Earth and the rest of the Federation. A massive event was created, to help raise the declining morale and to showcase progress. Beyond that, would be visiting Rennaya, and performing a late funeral procession for the people there.

Sarah also wanted to dig up, all of the ancient artifacts and records, Rennaya might have to offer. Within a couple of days, of the discovery, Saphyra had gathered together four million troops, commanding and protected by of seven and a half million combat androids. Dozens of Aeromachs were loaded with hundreds of tanks and aircrafts, all ready to be deployed.

Osei & Kalista insisted on going. The Novas had noticed that the Rennayans were holding back emotions. Not breaking out of character. However, they knew, the images and drone videos, that Saphyra had shown them, tore them apart.

Saphyra was hesitant but decided to add them to the roster. She then picked Norah, Tai, and Helio to lead an expedition, on the Northern continent. Kiala, Jacira, and Nate were to lead another expedition to the Western continent and lastly, Kayed, Simon, and Carina were to travel to the Eastern continent.

As for Tobi and Osei, she allowed them to have the freedom to look into the city of Senae in the Central continent. Kalista wanted to go alone, but since the Azurian royal family wanted to take part, Saphyra asked her to take Kaieda and Yori along with her to her hometown.

Akio granted each of the teams, one of his Hashin to tag along with them. For his family though he doubled the security. With the elder's help, Saphyra was now more confident that she could carry out this event with no problems.

Noon the following day...

One hundred and sixty Aeromachs, entered the Rennayan Solar System, making their way towards Rennaya. Only ten ships descended to the planet, the rest remained in orbit, securing the Solar System and conducting lighter expeditions on nearby planets and moons. Rennayans built mining and research outposts on planets, moons, and asteroids. Using them also for agriculture and inescapable prisons.

Tobi was a little excited to be learning a bit more about his roots. He loved visiting Nigeria with his family. Food back home was unlike anything else. The sights and the culture, although he often felt a loss of cultural identity, it always gave him a sense of home.

Now landing in Senae, after everything he had been told about, it all just felt unreal.

Still, Tobi, knew better than to show his excitement, in front of Osei. Knowing his brother may still have some PTSD, from the last time he was here.

Sarah continued around them as usual. She had not been able to spend much time with them, after her transformation, but they didn't mind, just teased her a bit, and let her be. They always knew, every one of the projects she works on, and continues to work on, would forever change Beyond's military strength in space.

"The other teams have their missions, but you two, including Kalista, are free to do whatever you want... After you get in first contact with the natives here..."

She watched them roll their eyes.

"Let them know, that we come in peace."

They nodded, as two Hashin, split apart, following behind them, into the sky.

They jetted off in the direction of the coordinates Sarah sent on their monitors. A light HUD display on their retinas, that could be shut on and off by thought.

Osei ignored his orders and went straight to the spot. The place he last saw his parents broadcasted. The feeling he had seeing, their skeletons still in place.

He broke down. The Hashin knew immediately that he had to give him his space. He began preparing a coffin to keep them in, as they would most likely transport them to the royal cemetery, near the Hallantium.

Osei thanked the Hashin for giving him a hand.

Tobi landed on the outskirts of the city, near a forest. He wondered if he was in the right spot. As he flew through the city, he was surprised by the craftsmanship the people had. Phantoms of fallen skyscrapers roamed the city.

He wished he could have seen it when it was vibrant.

The sound of twigs snapping caught his attention. He glanced around, looking deep into the forest, to try and find the source of the sound.

Pushing some leaves to the side, a young female Rennayan, made her way into the open. Staring him down.

Tobi slowly placed one hand on his chest, above his heart and bowed slightly, a familiar action in his culture back home. Osei had taught him, this was a show of respect, to another fellow Rennayan.

"Hi, my name is Tobi, Commander of the Beyond Space Force. What is your name?"

His comm, helped to translate the words out of his mouth, as he spoke. The girl backed up slowly but replied while trying to hide the fear from her voice

"Are you a child of Atlas?"

Tobi, shook his head, wondering what would make her think that. She continued.

"Are you a slave of the Cerian Empire?"

Tobi shook his head once more.

"No, I am not affiliated with Cerian Empire. I'm from Earth, a planet far off in space. Way too far to imagine, but somehow I found out, that I, might also have come from here."

As he said that, he calmly reached his hand out, palm facing up.

Pebbles crashed together forming a tiny sphere, followed by a ball of fire manifesting, then an orb of electricity, all orbiting around an invincible sphere in the middle. Lastly, ice manifested, joining the mix and leaving the girl astonished.

"It can't be... you are..."

She stuttered, then dropped to her knees.

Tobi stopped what he was doing to help, her up. As he did, she grabbed hold of him and asked with sincere eyes.

"Please help us! Our doctor is sick."

He agreed.

Moments later the girl rushed him, to her village. Deep within the forest. He expected to come across huts and salvaged garbage from the city.

He was half right.

The girl had introduced herself, to him as Jelani. She had a dark complexion and wore ragged old clothes. She was around 5'7, with beautiful blue eyes, that had seen, enough stress in her life. Yet she carried on with the strength of a lion.

She brought him to a bunker. Branches and leaves camouflaged it, as well as built-in special tech on the door, which allowed it to blend in with its surroundings, with shimmering nanites.

As they climbed down, Tobi looked behind him, shocked. The interior of the bunker was massive, housing at least one hundred and fifty people. Bustling around the village.

The people seemed depressed, Tobi thought, as they got closer to a makeshift gate. Two Rennayan men stood firm, as guards.

"Who is that with you Jelani? He is not from around here."

Jaleni frowned.

"What's it to you, Remi? He's my guest. We're in a hurry, so we got to go now."

She started to walk through the gate, but the other guard grabbed her up, restraining her, as the other one stepped up to Tobi.

In one swift motion, a golem made up of ice, manifested, grabbing hold of the guard's leg, holding Jelani.

He dropped her yelling out, as a second golem caught her. Embarrassed, he began punching the golem, with fists covered in stones, telling it, to let him down.

At the same time, Tobi sidestepped Remi's reach, grabbed his arm, and twisted it behind his back, as he molded cuffs out of stone and metal to keep him still.

People started to gather, and Jelani was let down.

"Did he just use...?"

"It's not possible..."

The people murmured.

Tobi looked down at Remi.

"Listen, when people are talking to you. I was invited here on an urgent task. I apologize for doing this, but I do not have time to go through the right procedures right now."

He gave the man a smile, although he knew he wasn't getting one back.

"I promise I will be back."

Tobi started to leave, as Jelani watched Remi, get up slowly with his hands still cuffed behind his back.

Jelani called out to Tobi, but it was too late, both of the guards had freed themselves, gathering their utmost strength to take on the monster that just walked past them.

Tobi continued walking without a care. With his next step, a trail of ice, raced out from his heel, freezing the two lunging at him. A titanium and diamond cage swallowed them and rose, as a tower to the ceiling of the bunker, keeping them prisoner.

He turned his head towards Jelani, who was shocked by what she had just witnessed. She grew up with Remi and the other guard. They were one of the toughest in the village. She couldn't imagine them losing so easily.

"Are you coming? Don't worry about them. They just need to cool their heads a bit."

Jelani looked up at imprisoned guards once more, then turned around to lead the way. Pausing as their path was laden with people kneeling and murmuring to themselves. Some of the elders had tears flowing, thanking God for what they had witnessed.

Tobi was a bit puzzled, but he could tell, they were doing this for him.

Jelani looked back, seeing his confused expression.

"What do you expect? The legendary Rennayan was only supposed to be a legend or a fairy tale. Showing off your abilities like that only gives them hope."

She grabbed his hand, rushing him forward.

"Come on! We have to hurry!"

They stopped in front of one of the largest mobile units, the size of a single home. It looked ancient but was more held together than the rest of the units. Which spread around in a circle, around a large headquarters, with security monitors that helped the survivors, keep tabs on the outside. The headquarters also contained a large elevator to help evacuate the masses.

Jelani had told Tobi, as much as she could, on the way over to the clinic.

Tents were set up outside. Tobi could hear the sound of painful coughs, and feel the pain that the people were suffering from.

He made a protective iko mask, to filter the air, he was breathing, realizing, that there was an outbreak in the bunker.

He followed Jelani, into the clinic, as she made her way toward a large room. Passing by more sick people, waiting for their deaths.

On a small bed, laid a middle-aged woman, weak and holding on to life as best as she could. Tobi walked up to her, while Jelani, rushed to her side, whispering to her.

One look at her and Tobi knew she wasn't going to make it past today.

He approached slowly as Jelani, glanced back, crying.

"Please, is there anything you can do?"

Tobi was unsure, he had never practiced his medical abilities, as often as Helio and Nur, so he didn't know the extent of what he could heal. Sarah had often had them partake in volunteer missions, in impoverished countries. Healing as many of those, suffering from diseases, wounds, and ailments.

He placed one hand over her stomach, summoning forth, the sickness, weakening her by isolating the areas affected with ice. However, it backfired, spreading itself further and putting the host through much more pain.

The woman screamed out, as the nurse rushed in. Jelani held the woman's hand.

Tobi, felt, the weight of another's life, in his hands. He knew he could not mess this up.

He burst into second gear, limiting his energy outpour to himself, to avoid hurting those around him. He concentrated on his patient. Isolating the infected areas and deleting the cells slowly, while accelerating cell growth. It strained him, but after five minutes, he was able to replace all of her infected cells, with healthy ones.

The woman stopped convulsing and the random jolts stopped, as she slept, soundly.

The nurse and Jelani rushed to the woman's side, checking her vitals and status. However, Tobi knew, as he turned around to focus his attention on the remaining patients in the clinic, that, his patient would be alright.

Ice golems, shaped like Tobi, manifested in front of the majority of them, powered by a flaming core and scaring the patients. Regardless, they quickly dropped their guards, when a warm embrace soothed them.

"Frost: Elixir of Life."

Tobi dropped to one knee, as he began to suffer side effects. Each breath he took, was followed by mist exhaled. His body started to shiver, as frost began spreading around his body.

Jelani turned around to thank him but stopped when she noticed what was happening to him.

"Tobi! Are you alright?!"

Tobi winced, from the cold stings, but continued, to reach for his belt. Retrieving a booster and injecting himself with it.

He stood up, recovering himself from the frost taking over his body. At the same time, a man around his height crashed through the room, followed by several guards and patients, looking much better, watching behind them.

"Jelani! Nia! Are you alright?"

Jelani gleamed at the man, with tears, and a trembling smile.

"Poppa, we're alright. Mom's well again."

Tobi was a little surprised, that, the doctor, was her mother, but he surmised a little that she was a relative or someone really important to Jelani.

He made way for the man to check on his wife. As he passed by, Tobi noticed immense stress, wearing this man down, way beyond his years. With grey streaks invading his hair and beard and baggy eyes, from sleepless nights.

The man cried out, seeing his wife sleeping soundly and the nurse confirming her good health. The man turned around, facing Tobi, then he looked down at the ground.

"First, you have my utmost gratitude, for saving the mother of my child. Second, that resemblance... May I ask..."

Tobi sighed.

"I guess, I should introduce myself. My name is Tobi of Earth, but I also hail from Rennaya, as the son of King Zenu and Queen Safiyah."

The room went silent, as he uttered those words.

"How?"

"It can't be possible."

"I thought the royal family perished."

Were all the murmurs and whispers he heard, around the room. Then there was some outrage, and people asking for help.

"Why couldn't you save us."

"What took you guys so long?"

"Please take my child with you."

Tobi was about to speak up, but Jelani's father shut them all down.

"Silence!"

It was pin-drop silent.

The man commanded the respect of the entire room. Then he got down on his kneeling with us head low.

"I am the Chief of Inami village, Below. Forgive me, before founding this village in this abandoned bunker, I deserted from the royal army. Running to save the lives of my family. There are many soldiers, like me, who regretted not fighting with your father that day. As we watched, him and your mother fight, on the sky-screens."

Tobi could feel, the amount of guilt, this man was carrying with him. He wanted to try and ease the burden, just a little bit.

"Raise your head, Below, was it?"

He gave the man a heartfelt smile and extended his hand to help him up.

"You have long been forgiven. You've done nothing wrong. You should be rewarded, for keeping the last of our kin alive here, for over 2 decades."

Tobi, looked around the room, as more people poured in, and some watched through the windows.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I was born without the knowledge of my heritage. My brother Osei had been captured by Atlas, until about a year ago. Now, we're back. We are here to give you a hand and get you out of here. These are not the conditions, any of you should be living in!"

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"It won't, be easy and I'll need all of your help. But together, we can change your future."

Cheers of joy and smiles of relief rippled through the room. Tears kept dropping, uncontrollably.

Tobi turned back to Belo, who was astounded, by his captivating words.

"You are the last prince."

Tobi, chuckled, scratching his head.

"What's that? Nah, I'm not a prince, just a regular citizen in my world. I even had a job and everything."

Belo shook his head laughing.

"A member of the royal family working a regular job. That can't be!"

Tobi laughed slyly, thinking about all the bills that plagued his life, before he met Osei. If only he knew, he was due some gold.

Belo, looked at Tobi, once more, then nodded.

"If you have barely heard of your heritage. I think there is something, you must see. If your brother is here, he must have been too young as well. Call him as well."

Tobi was curious about what the man, had in mind, but he did as he was told.

Moments later, he, Belo, and Jelani were flying towards the Hallantium, watching Osei, from the opposite end, shoot across the sky towards it.

Belo and Jelani dropped to their knees out of respect when they saw Osei.

"At ease, you may rise."

Osei smiled, it's been some time since he had seen the manners of his people.

"So what's this all about?"

Tobi turned to look at Belo raising his hand out.

"Well..."

Belo nodded, stepping up.

"Below the Hallantium, lies the treasure of our people."

0