The One, That Can’t Be Forgiven
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room began to shake from the build-up of energy between both parties.

Tobi and Osei had turned around instinctively to face him, but instead of feeling fear or worrying about their lives, anger prevailed as the number one priority.

Osei could recognize that voice anywhere, no matter how many years have passed. He could never forget it.

Tobi didn't know where all of this anger was coming from. Maybe from the pain, his brother had been through, the people he had liberated and the survivors, or the fact that this creature made his birth a tragedy. Aside from all of that, it felt as if, suddenly, tons of emotions washed over him, from others within him.

Voices telling him one thing.

"He must be stopped."

Tobi said it out loud as both he and Osei, went straight into third gear, pulling out all of their strength.

Osei glanced back at Tobi, for one second, realizing it was too early for his brother to meet him. However, right now, wasn't the time for uncertainty.

"That's right brother. He is the one, that cannot be forgiven."

Sarah spoke up, breaking the tension. She had Belo and Jelani, clutching onto her, and one hand on the stone.

"Tobi, Osei, I'll get them and the stone out of here and evacuate everyone. Retreat the moment you can."

She started to gather enough energy to teleport, but Atlas raised his hand toward her.

"You will not."

His eyes gleamed, as a powerful ball of green fire, jetted faster than sound, out of his palms.

Belo and Jelani said their prayers, as life for the first time, flashed before Sarah's eyes.

The brothers, with quick instincts, got in front of it and unleashed attacks to block it.

"Ignite: Static Cannon!"

"Core Raieqa!"

Fire and electricity collide with the incoming attack, destroying the room even further, as Sarah disappeared with the keystone and the survivors.

Atlas stared down the brothers, annoyed that they let her escape with the stone, but then he cracked a smile.

"I am displeased to have lost the keystone, I've been missing all these years. After finally coming across it too, but how can I stay mad, when I've finally reunited with my favorite toy."

His smile got even creepier, as his eyes squinted.

"How long has it been? 7-8 years? I know I hadn't checked on you much, ever since I gave you to Ataron and my boys... Well, have you been treating them well?"

Blue thunder struck down, through the large holes appearing on the roof, but it was blocked by a barrier of ice, as Atlas instinctively manifested it, above him.

Osei watched, slightly shocked, but gritted his teeth and shook his thoughts away.

"I'm no longer yours to do as you please. I've risen against you and will free the people from your injustice and tyranny."

Atlas smirked at his words.

"Oh, my. How you've grown. You're almost the perfect warrior."

Atlas shook his head and laughed out loud, as the remainder of the cave crumbled around them. He protected the brothers from any falling rubble and debris so that he could continue his chat.

"Unfortunately, I'm ending all of those dreams today. As we speak, my children are dealing with your friends, which you've scattered all over my territory. I've even brought along 50 million troops and hundreds of ships, surrounding this Solar System to quell this little rebellion. There's nowhere for you to escape."

Osei snarled, furious at his words, while Tobi spread his senses all over the planet, confirming what he was saying. Comms were down and they had not been able to receive word of the ambush.

"Rennaya is not yours."

Atlas' expression became serious, upon hearing those words from Osei, but he still maintained a smug look.

"Hmm, then what can a prince without a throne, do about it?"

Osei drew his sword, charging Atlas at full speed, and crashing with him through the roof.

Atlas, sword drawn, returned each blow Osei threw at him, with almost equal force, but was thrown down crashing by the cliff side of the Hallantium.

He looked up, expecting to see Osei, following up with an attack, but Tobi floated above him instead. With a super-condensed, sphere of magma, fire, and electricity.

"Ignite: Ultra Static Cannon!"

The beam decimated the entire area, Atlas was standing on, eating away at the earth and showering Atlas with intense heat. However, as Tobi let up, Atlas remained standing, unscathed and in first gear.

"And you must be..."

He reached his hand out, and an invisible palm seemed to grab Tobi and pressed him down straight into the ground, with incredible force.

Tobi yelled out in pain, as Atlas began to walk closer.

"The legendary Rennayan, that's been messing with all of my plans."

He smiled, sending chills down Tobi's spine.

"You turned out better than I expected. I'm satisfied with my investment, King Zenu."

He looked up to the sky.

"You hear that! I appreciate this final gift!"

Rage, as Tobi teleported out of his hold and appeared behind him, Osei followed up from above. Each placed all of their might into their strikes.

At the same moment, Atlas shifted into another gear, teleporting, behind Tobi, and watching them in slow motion, as he kicked Tobi so hard, he lost his grip on his sword and was sent flying into the distance. Osei continued unable to stop, striking down at nothing, and only able to glance over at Atlas as he socked him in the face, with a fist, covered in green and black flames.

Atlas shifted back into first gear, as he raced towards Tobi.

Tobi got up, regaining his composure, and was trying to keep himself from vomiting, as he was shot by green lasers in his knees and left arm.

He dropped down unable to muster strength, as Atlas landed near him.

He reached for a booster, coming up empty and realizing he had given one to Jelani's mother and the extra one for any elderly who might've needed it.

Tobi cursed, but continued to heal himself, slowly, as he heard Atlas speaking up.

"I've waited so long to meet you. I thought Zenu would never succeed but look at you. You can even teleport. Unfortunately, though, you are not ripe enough for eating yet. You must get stronger."

Tobi needed to buy time, as he struggled to heal his legs. The feeling was uncomfortable.

"Why do you need me, when you can use more than one ability? When you've given your children all of that power, by blood?"

Atlas stopped in his tracks, laughing hysterically.

"It's been haunting me for a long time and frustrates me every day. Most of my children can hold three at a time, but I have the capacity for all five."

Tobi's eyes grew wide, as Atlas shook his head.

"My only problem has been, because of my creator's flaw. I can only use one ability at a time unless I absorb the legendary Rennayan. A being, I have been searching for, for over 6000 years... Now you're finally here, in front of me."

Explosions went off in the distance, as several ships fell out of the sky. Tobi looked around, just realizing the chaos unfolding on the planet.

It started becoming difficult for him to keep his composure, as Atlas started walking closer.

He raised his right hand, shouting out as quickly as he could.

"Erupt Animals of The Earth!"

A massive gaping, crevice, ruptured open, spouting out carnivorous creatures from all around the world, launching into the air and charging on land, all aiming for Atlas.

Atlas turned around and waved his hand, going second gear for a moment, then dropped back to first.

An intense wave of wind blew away all of the animals to the side, continuously, till they cooled down into statues, along with the wave of lava. Shocking Tobi, even more, he continued to fire volleys of fire and electricity at Atlas frantically.

'What was that strength, just now.'

Reality began to settle in. Atlas was too far beyond his reach.

Doubt, raced across his mind, as he thought of all the people he lead to their deaths. Regret was the only thing, keeping him standing, for fear, would have made him run away, long ago.

Tobi teleported a kilometer out, by instinct, as Atlas lunged for him. His legs gave up holding him. It was difficult to repair complicated bone damage.

He cursed once more as the pain of trying to get back up, stung like a hot iron. Looking up in despair, he frosted support stilts for his legs, as Atlas teleported in front of him, pulling back a mighty swing, ready to knock him out.

Only to be struck by Osei, at the last second, pushing him dozens of meters back.

"You're not taking, another member of my family!"

Tobi was relieved to see Osei well, but he could tell he had been injured badly. Watching the nanites Osei had injected himself with, to repair his bruises and scratches.

Atlas chuckled as he closed the distance between him and the brothers.

"So it's true. I knew you were protecting something, that night. I should have dug in deeper, but I was already so exhausted from traveling so far and Zenu had already disappointed me, with the serum."

Atlas shrugged.

"It's as they say, 'time bears the best fruits.'"

Tobi, got up, shaking off all of his fear.

"Right here, right now. If we beat him... "

He said, summoning all of his courage.

"Everyone will be safe."

Osei nodded.

"Right."

Tobi gathered all of his remaining energy and pulled some more from his surroundings, supporting his brother.

"Then let's take him down together, no matter what!"

He yelled as the two brothers charged forward.

0