Kayed, The First Nova
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selvin tried not to panic, as the Prometheus, took even heavier fire, from the hordes of Cerian drones. A million lives were in his hands since Saphyra's ship was taken out. The one closest to Rennaya.

Now just maintaining a couple of ships for evacuation was seemingly impossible. Being surrounded and Alcra's forces pressing closer to the Prometheus, didn't make it any easier.

He had to give it to the crew, for holding themselves together. Saphyra and Sarah had trained them well. One of them came running to him, delivering a report.

"Sir!"

Selvin nodded.

"Yes, cadet?"

The cadet relaxed and delivered her report.

"Unknown forces are pressing past the Cerian forces from the North. If my assumptions are correct, they may be the forces of Kiros."

Selvin stepped back.

'This was the worst-case scenario.'

However, an idea struck him. He turned back around to speak to the rest of the crew.

"Everyone, begin slowly retreating from our position. Send word to the remaining Aeromachs. Get into Formation I and lure the two forces into fighting each other. Focus priority on rescuing and getting our people out of there!"

The crew nodded in agreement and got to work, immediately, but moments later, they were hit, by several more missiles.

This time, coming from the forces of Kiros.

Zelha vs the Novas...

Norah jumped up at the massive flaming fist, coming down on them.

"Static: Alzaayid!"

She punched the flaming fist, as a massive strike of lightning reinforced her. Then coursed through the giant, pouring billions of volts, until the giant, with a massive flame explosion, dissipated.

Then she turned around just in time, as Zelha tried to catch her off guard, and guard her first strike, but was unlucky with her follow-up. The flaming kick, crashed her back down into the ground, dragging her across for some distance.

Norah managed to stay on her feet, but her body was ringing from the force.

As Zelha landed in front of her, she didn't hesitate to call out to the skies.

"Static: Berserker!"

Lightning reinforced her with an electric light armor and charged her body, to the maximum that she could hold.

They charged at each other, trading intense blows, intending to kill.

Norah knew she couldn't take any more of Zelha's strikes, her only advantage was speed. She drew her sword as Zelha missed a left flaming swing at her head and slashed her gut, with billions of volts.

"Static: Sadaa!"

Zelha and the rest of the horizon behind her were sent crashing through the plains.

Norah appeared above her, with a blue, trying to finish her off.

"Converge: Easifat Raedia!"

A beam of lightning, shot forth out of her hands, racing to swallow up Zelha. However, to her dismay, she started getting pushed back, as a beam of fire, ate away at her attack, racing for her.

Norah was frantic. Zelha was much stronger, but not as fast as her. She needed to end this as soon as possible.

With quick thinking, she sidestepped away from her beam, maintaining its strength, to not alert Zelha of her intentions, while manifesting an electric spear, behind her.

"Static: AlSayd!"

She chuckled the spear with lightning speed, catching Zelha off guard and causing immense tremors as her body hit the ground. Kicking up rocks and electricity, an outburst of electricity reached everywhere.

Norah heaved, trying to catch her breath. She could feel her fingers, and parts of her body, beginning to seize and twitch all on their own.

As the dust settled, Norah, almost gave up, as Zelha stood back up again, seemingly annoyed rather than weakened, from her last attack.

Zelha shook her head.

"Do you actually think you have a chance?"

Zelha reached into a pocket, pulling out a USB-like syringe.

"I've seen that medicine that weakling injected into the other insect. We have something similar, but not as useless. I guess those Hashin and you insects, did a number on me. Might as well be safe and show you some true despair."

Norah was not in the mood for any surprises, but Zelha continued and injected herself on her neck, as orange veins, started to creep up all over Zelha's body, and rings of fire, began to crush the ground.

"We call these Dosers. Liquidated lifespans, for us to consume on the go. My siblings hate relying on this, but I don't mind, as long as it can make the battle, a lot more fun."

Norah didn't blink, but Zelha disappeared and reappeared with speed, she could not fathom. Punching her straight into the sky, with devastating force.

Norah flipped around to try and kick Zelha as she reappeared behind her. However, Zelha caught her leg with ease and proceeded to deliver another strike, covered in flames, right into Norah's gut, causing her to lose consciousness for a second, as she was sent flying back through the sky.

She reopened her eyes, as she was about to dip, back down to the ground, seeing Zelha, full strength right above her.

"Inferno Fist, Demolition!"

Zelha bared down her full strength, body covered in purple fire. Sending Norah defeated, into the ground, causing an intense violent earthquake, as Norah laid unconscious.

Zelha laughed.

"She's still alive after that? I might have to keep her. I can't believe, she pushed me this far.

Suddenly a jolt of fear, washed over her, as she turned her head towards the sky.

"There's no way. They can't be here!"

She began jetting towards Atlas' position.

"Father!"

Kayed vs Demil...

Kayed's head teetered back, as immense power coursed through him. His skin became magma-like, with his veins, pulsing colors of ash and lava. An ash-colored skull with two singular lines, for tribal markings, manifested over his head.

His hair went full silver, then dropped back to random spurts of silver. His eyes went white, and rolled back, then came back glowing hazel. His bodysuit started to burn off, but he quickly raised tough metals over the pants, to keep them from burning off.

Then, the skull shattered as several geysers sprouted below them, shooting lava into the sky, following intense tremors and fissures opening up. All around the continent, volcanoes started to erupt.

Demil watched Kayed's transformation, with awe.

"That technique... The Hashin was using it, but why does this one feel different? Are you prepared, to give up your life to fight me?"

Kayed grimaced, as he started to feel his life drain away, by the second.

"With the strength, they've given me... I'll make sure to take you down."

Demil blinked, missing Kayed move too fast for him to react. When his eyes reopened, all he could do was eat the punch covered in magma, to the face, as he was sent flying back.

He recovered in midair, putting up his arms to block a follow-up, from Kayed.

Demil smirked, trying to ignore the pain of his face, fixing itself.

"It seems I won't need to hold back against you."

Energy, unlike any Kayed had ever experienced in battle, burst out of Demil, carrying hot winds, stinging his face.

Demil returned a strike at Kayed, shaking him, with incredible force.

Kayed reeled back, realizing, that they were now equal in strength.

Then they lunged at each other, throwing earth-shaking lethal strikes, to try and gain the upper hand.

Kayed saw an opening and took it, manifesting a condensed heated ball of magma in his palm.

"Erupt: Kura!"

The ball, took Demil, back down to the ground with him. Resulting in a massive massive explosion several kilometers wide.

Kayed raced towards the center of the explosion as it died down, seeing Demil already standing up, creating his condensed ball of lava.

"Concentrated Eruption, Erasure!"

He launched the beam at the unprepared Nova, frantically putting to get a sphere of magma of his own.

"Erupt: Nihayiy Burkania!"

The two beams, collided, sending shockwaves throughout the lands, as hot winds rushed past the both of them.

The collision resulted in a draw, but Kayed did not hesitate.

Pointing his hand at the ground, he yelled once more.

"Create: Muharib Shaj'ah!"

A clone of him made out of magma, but covered in titanium and diamond armor, rose out of a fissure below him and raced toward Demil.

Demil smirked and placed his hands together.

"Two can play at that game. Magma Battalion!"

Hundreds of warriors, modeled after Demil, intercepted and overwhelmed Kayed's clone.

Kayed gritted his teeth, at the wasted energy, but he didn't let it deter him, as Demil began to fly towards him.

Kayed pointed his hands to the ground once more.

"Erupt: Malik Alsama'."

Tremors, followed by a huge crevice opened up below them. Demil looked down at the last second, as a massive magma dragon, sprung out of the crevice and chomped down at him, in midair.

To Kayed's dismay, Demil was holding on to the dragon's teeth, holding it open, to avoid being swallowed. The dragon's tongue, kept whipping him, to force him inside.

Demil struggled, trying to hold the mouth open with one hand, and aiming to blast the inside of the dragon's mouth with the other. All of that changed, as he watched, flames escape the dragon's throat and blasted him through a mountain in the distance.

Kayed hopped onto the dragon's back, as it flew him towards Demil's landing site.

Demil got up, as his body, and arm reformed themselves.

"This is fun! You're actually a real threat. It's been a while since anyone other than my siblings could challenge me."

Kayed wasn't entertained by his words, ordering his dragon to blast him once more. This time, however, Demil raised a tough titanium curved dome, shielding him from the blast of fire and magma.

"I won't lose to you!"

Demil said as he dropped underground and reappeared out of a new crevice, shooting up with the force of a lava eruption below the dragon.

"Volcanic Fist!"

As he struck the dragon, he yelled from its underbelly, blowing it apart and crashing into Kayed's raised arms, as they both shot up into the air.

'He's way too strong, I have to finish this in the next few minutes, otherwise, I'll run out of time.'

Demil laughed out loud, enjoying his fight.

"Come on show me more, of what you're capable of!"

Kayed returned a strike, blocking another coming from Demil, as they freefell back to the ground, landing, with massive tremors, as they continued trading blows.

His blood splattered on the ground, and burn marks started to show up all over his body.

He was reaching his limit, and his wounds were starting to take a toll, with the technique.

He jumped back, watching all of the damage he inflicted on Demil, healing itself back to normal.

"That regeneration ability is annoying."

Kayed spoke out loud, as he tried to regain his breath.

Demil chuckled.

"It's your fault for being a mortal. That's why, we are the chosen ones. The ones who will bring humanity and all living beings, closer to God."

Kayed gritted his teeth angrily.

"You think God, chose you soul-less monsters to lead us? Stop being delusional!"

He clasped his hands together, gathering up the last bits of energy he had left.

"Don't worry, I'll be sending you closer to God. In the next minute, I'll make you realize, that you were never special."

Demil braced himself, feeling the amount of energy he was gathering.

"Let's see about that."

Volleys of magma, rose around Demil, rotating with incredible speed.

"Rain of the Underworld!"

Kayed dodged the first few, as he leaped into the air, then the rest surrounded him, with no way to escape.

"Ahahahaha! Die!"

Metals, from the ground, quickly rose, shielding him, as he was bombarded by the volleys of magma.

Demil, let up, heaving and trying to see the state, he left the Nova in.

The metal deformed shield glowed bright hot, and somehow still held together, breaking apart a moment later, revealing Kayed, still in one piece. However, his skin was starting to peel and flake off, as cracks started to show up all over his body.

Still, he ignored the pain and didn't take his focus off of his mission.

"Erupt: Rennaya Complete Borehole!"

The ground below Demil, cracked open, spreading dozens of meters wide as he began to fall.

He was shocked. This was the first alien opponent, he felt like he could not read.

Kayed had direct energy to the center of Rennaya, digging away in both directions as they fought, until he created a perfect borehole, to the core of the planet.

Demil caught himself, creating a launching pad from the crumbling rubble, and tried to leap up out of the hole.

However, Kayed hovered above, with a sphere of lava rotating faster than sound.

"There is no escape for you."

He placed his hands forth, as Demil instinctively tried to block it, pulling as much of the rubble as to shield him.

"Erupt: Nihayiy Burkania!"

Demil was pushed back down. Held his shield together, with all of his might, and continued reinforcing it, with tougher materials from the planet, as he descended lower.

Suddenly, the beam stopped, moments later, as he thought about starting to fly back up, Kayed struck down, breaking through the shield, and socking him in the face.

Behind him, trailed a lamp, made out of glass and amplifying light from a floating ball of lava, within.

Demil was thrown further down into the abyss, as Kayed plummeted after him. Coating himself in iko to protect himself from the pressure.

Each time Demil tried to stop, he would get struck by the walls, manifesting hands, columns, and whips, over and over, until the light began glimmering below them, out of the end of the massive tunnel

Demil's eyes grew wide, realizing what Kayed was aiming for. He reached into his pocket, gripping the content tightly as he was smacked down further by a titanium hand. Then injected his neck with it, the moment he had freedom.

His wounds, which were taking time to heal, instantly popped back up, as massive spikes coursed through him.

He couldn't help but chuckle as he blocked a column, about to slap him down, and blew it into smithereens. Kayed came in a second later, but his punch was blocked easily and was sent flying into the walls by Demil's follow-up.

The heat was starting to rise around them, as the walls combusted, turning into magma.

"You've dug your coffin."

Shards of magma showered Kayed in his position, putting out his light.

Demil smiled, raising a lamp of his own, to try and see how he looked like, through the smoke and falling debris, a little above him.

However just a little to his left, he dodged a volley of magma, he glanced to his left, in the dark, Kayed appeared from the shadows, eyes, and hair, giving him away.

"Forbidden Art: Limit Breaker."

He whispered, then launched himself with frightening speed at Demil, trading blow for blow, then knocking him back down on his journey.

"Why do you persist on throwing your life away for lowly mortals? They will die anyway! With this much power, your potential could be far greater!"

He blocked a burning strike, sinking deep into his arm.

"Stop this. Let us cleanse them together brother, for the good of all mankind!"

Kayed didn't hesitate to continue flipping around, to roundhouse kick him into a wall.

"I could never trust you to know what's good for us. Life means nothing to you. As long as you're alive, my planet, my people, and my comrades are in trouble."

He coughed blood, wondering if what he was doing was going to make a difference, but that thought quickly went out of the way as he struck Demil down further into the hole. Until there was light shining bright, revealing a flaming hot planetary core, rotating gracefully.

The drone, watching Kayed, could no longer keep up with the temperatures, switching to telescopic zoom to continue keeping the world, up to date on the scene.

His performance was moving many people across the world to tears. Saphyra thought many times to switch the camera off. However, they had always promised complete transparency. So she decided to continue although it pained her, not being able to do anything from her main body back at Beyond HQ.

"No, no, no I can't be defeated. I won't be. Watch this mortal I will win!"

Demil yelled out, unaware of how his face was going to become the next second, as it got punched in once again.

Limit Breaker, forces all last dormant energy a user possess's out, ignoring their pain with adrenaline, and giving them the ability to go all out, even if their body, can't support them anymore.

So Kayed, knew he needed to make the most of every second. Because the moment it stops, Demil could overwhelm him.

Demil drew his sword, swinging frantically, trying to escape his fate. However, Kayed with quick instincts dodged each swing and cut his sword arm off then proceeded to stab him in the stomach, shielding his body with rocks from the exit of the borehole. Cooling them down so that he could hold out for as long as he could.

Demil's voice broke, as he blasted Kayed point-blank, with multiple volleys from his remaining arm.

"You can't do this! I'm a prince of Ceria! I cannot lose... I... I was chosen!"

Kayed smirked.

"This is the part where you should repent. It's over for you. Even mortals, have a way of defeating, those that think they have escaped death!"

The core's heat, plus his side effects, started to take him, as his body became to crumble and burn away like Ashe.

He said the Shahadah, then drove his sword, deeper through Demil's heart, diving them into the scorching core.

0