Complete Isolation
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Winds began to pick up at alarming speeds, as large crevices and canyons ruptured around the planet, filling it to the brim with magma. The series of disasters were caused by tectonic plates crashing into each other, slowing down to a halt

Rennaya's temperature rose by dozens of degrees, as every volcano in Rennaya, erupted. Putting the planet, in an irreversible state.

Akio had completely sealed the planet's fate. He looked up at the ashe-colored sky, wondering if he had done enough.

"My son... Hopefully, we will meet again soon."

His heart, connected via iko to Rennaya's core, stopped, simultaneously signaling the detonation.

Akio's body, lifeless, like an empty husk, began to crumble apart like clay but was soon engulfed in a blazing fire and light as the world around them began to collapse with a multiple series of earthquakes and eruptions, all preparing for the last.

Mado and Atlas, struggled to cut down their restraints, tying them to the dying planet. After another second of futile attempts, they both looked at each other, with desperation. Without a word, they nodded and proceeded to free each other at the same time, with beams of ice, freezing the ominous hands holding them down.

Both teleported, instantly going their separate ways.

On Galaico's island...

Calypso had just arrived, smirking as she walked up to her brother's body-less head on the beachside of an uninhabited island, which, he fortunately landed on. However, confused and regretting his decisions more than ever, the island was now on fire and beginning to fall apart, as lava to streamed all over the island, closing in on him.

"I thought you would have been washed away by the waves by now."

Galaico scoffed.

"Please, stop with the remarks already. I'm not in the mood."

She picked her brother's head up, and hugged him, suffocating him.

"Aww, is poor little Gali, in a bad mood? I'll make you feel better."

Galaico was losing his patience, but he decided to keep calm, for there was no telling what Calypso would do to him.

"You're... Hurting.... Me."

She smiled and raised him to eye level.

"Hahaha, sorry. Let's get you a new body, as soon as possible."

Suddenly, the ground began to shake and rise, violently. Calypso glanced around, confused.

"What's going on?"

Galaico spoke up earnestly.

"I've been dreading the worst, but I've been sensing, strange iko at work, affecting the planet, although I'm not sure, who's doing it and what they aim to do. However I can tell, this planet, does not have much longer."

Calypso had been so distracted. Frantically, she threw her senses all over, realizing what he was talking about. She jumped up immediately, leaping into the sky, just in time as the planet began to explode.

The island they were standing on, had erupted upwards, along with waves of ocean water, then lava and debris from continental plates.

Calypso jetted, as fast as she could, trying to escape the sky. The atmosphere had begun to leak and started dissipating, making, it hard for them to breathe. She reinforced herself with iko and yelled out, cursing her powerlessness as the blast closed in, about to overtake them, with fatal speed.

In the nick of time, Atlas appeared before his children. They cried out in relief and despair at the same time. Relieved as he was he grabbed hold of them, shifting into third gear. Then teleported as fast as he could, aiming for Pandora. As blast, destroyed ships of allies, and enemies alike, all around them.

Mado was facing a much similar situation. As he tried to escape the explosion at his top speed, teleporting when he had the energy. However, his side effects were taking over, hindering him at the worst moment.

The blast scarred his back, and his life began to flash before his eyes. He was close to the (Kirosian main ship name), but would not have the strength to reach it.

"So this is how I die."

He chuckled to himself, as he was thrown off by a delayed shockwave and watched, the fire reach for him in the stratosphere. However, appearing, out of nowhere, Rael manifested riding a large, black dragon.

"Brother!"

The dragon, grabbed hold of him, as the blast engulfed them, at the same time, cracks appeared all over their vicinity, as they teleported, in the nick of time, from the blast radius.

Seven minutes before Rennaya's destruction...

The Hashin carrying the Novas met up en route and made their way together to the new coordinates. Expecting to meet up with their comrade, Fourteen.

However, his life force was nowhere to be found. Instead, they were met with forces of Ceria and Kiros engaged in deadly combat. With occasional drones crashing from overhead.

They felt their mission difficulty, just skyrocketed. Some of them wished to go back and join Akio and Roku. However, they were devout to their orders and would stop at nothing to succeed.

The four of them, began to rise to a higher altitude, turning their cloaks invisible, to avoid, the drones and aircraft flying overhead from seeing them.

Yet, they underestimated the advancements of Cerian tech, as several of them, spotted them with newly updated radars, and began tailing them, firing away, and giving away their location.

The Hashin tried to outmaneuver and lose them. Three raised pebbles into the sky, lodging them in their, exhausts and engines, crashing a couple of them into the ground. Seven shot pikes at the remaining, as Twenty-one made sure the way forward was clear.

However, they could not outrun, the speed of Cerian aircrafts, as more joined in to stop them, on Alcra's orders. Three spoke up, as over fifty jets and drones tailed them, firing an onslaught, of bullets, missiles, and laser fire.

"We won't be able to shake them!"

Hordes of Kayzuc, screeched in the sky, jetting towards them, for their next meal. Several generals of the Kirosian army wondered what was going on high above, and ordered anti-artillery to begin shooting all of them down.

Three continued.

"You must make sure, they get out of here safely. It's his last order. Seven, hold on to our allies and let Twenty-one clear the way."

Both of them glanced back at him, their throats going dry, as Seven caught, the domes he threw at her.

"No! Stick with us."

Three shook his head, as a massive Kirosian ship spotted them from overhead, and began launching missiles. They were being bombarded from all sides, and only Three's titanium barriers protected them.

"This is the only way... I've treasured our time together, my comrades."

He clasped, his hands together, crossing three fingers over each other and the middle, index, and thumbs pressed, facing each other.

"Forbidden Art, Kaze's Ritual."

With him as the epicenter, a massive volcanic explosion incinerated their assailants, and every soldier fighting below, as the mushroom cloud, rose to the sky.

"Three!!"

Seven yelled, screaming at the top of her lungs, while the winds pushed the two Hashin, further into the sky. They heard roars, shaking them back to their senses. Wondering where it was coming from, there was a loud gunshot, from a little over 2 kilometers, whizzing right through Twenty-one's left arm.

"Ahk!"

He grimaced holding his wound, and quickly produced a stone dome, around them, reinforcing it with iko.

"There's no way, a normal bullet, could have harmed you!"

Seven, cried out, quickly coming to his aid, and frosting over his wound. She was now, holding on to all four of the domes, carrying the Tobi and the Novas.

Twenty-one grunted as she sealed his wound.

"No it has to be him, Lato, the Kirosian General. They call him the Sniper King. So he's most likely not nearby."

They heard another, roar, shaking them to their bones, then, Twenty-one pushed Seven back, breaking the dome, open in half, and sending her and the allies up with all of his might, as an emerald green dragon, chomped through the remaining, grabbing him by his left arm, as it soared past, with incredible speed.

Twenty-one, couldn't believe they existed, but this wasn't the time to be surprised. He concentrated a beam, into his motionless left arm, lodged in the dragon's teeth.

"Forbidden Art, Beast Mercy."

It was difficult for him to move, at the speed and winds, the dragon was producing, however, in moments, it began to plunge, down, as lava coursed through its innards, burning it from the inside out.

He was finally able to free himself before crashing as his arm had burned off. He cauterized and looked to the sky, hoping Seven was alright, as another loud, but saddened roar ripped through the sky.

Twenty-one cursed. This was the worst-case scenario. Immediately, he took to the sky racing for Seven, as she looked back hoping to see him ok.

Only to see jaws, fading in and out of reality, then manifested the full picture of a violet dragon, about to swallow Twenty-one whole.

"Watch out!"

She called back to him.

He couldn't hear her, but seeing her panicked expression made him look back, then instinctively sped up, igniting small rocks under his feet, to rocket faster. Escaping its jaws, just in time.

It roared once more in frustration, then phenomenally, its scales began to ripple and shimmer in a wave from tail to its throat, and out of its mouth as a large sphere of purple fire, began to take shape. A core of violet magma kept it stable, as it gained more heat, supporting the inferno.

Twenty-one looked back at Seven, giving her one last smile, as she got further and further away.

"You can do this Seven."

He placed his hands in front of him, igniting, the last rocks he had around him. They were up in the air and he wouldn't be able to summon more on time, yet he persisted, sacrificing bits of himself, to continuously charge up his attack.

Suddenly, broken stones began dropping in his vicinity. He caught them, before they could fall any further, realizing Seven, broke apart the rest of his dome, and sent it back. They came overheated, with her help.

He smiled, knowing he wasn't alone, as the sphere grew bigger, breaking and combining to form a miniature sun, rotating in front of his palms, just as the violet dragon, released its flames.

He grunted, yelling out to the wind, as he poured in all of his might, for Seven, was still in range.

"Forbidden Art, Star Torrent!"

The miniature sun, instantly grew four times bigger, then cracked open. Colliding with the violet flames of the purple dragon. He yelled at the top of his lungs, as he shifted into third gear, then slowly started to ascend to the next step, with his veins, flashing from orange lava marks to silver.

The beam slowly began to eat away at the dragon's wave, however, Twenty-one was starting to burn up, his body, would not be able to make it, he knew the dragon had much more stamina than he could handle.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, with a hole opening up in his left chest. He began to drop, not before twisting his beam, to erupt a massive explosion, engulfing the dragon and his corpse, as Seven yelled out to the wind once more.

Lato, a short, but stubborn, middle-aged man, floated, 1 km away, holding his sniper over, his shoulder.

"That's another Hashin down. Now where did the other go."

He paused to teleport as the shockwave reached his previous position.

"Well, no use looking for her now. Something strange is happening, I better order the troops to retreat."

Near the stratosphere, with Seven holding onto the allies...

Frantically she raced, towards space, finally about to reach her destination. Then, she felt immense wind and pressure reverberating through the atmosphere, causing intense turbulence on her journey.

Rennaya had begun self-destructing.

She looked back, seeing cracks, devastating the face of the planet, as it entered the final state of the end of the world. She then glanced back up, as a shuttle, sent by Commander Ba'jin, appeared out of its camouflage, opening its bay doors, as Azurian soldiers beckoned her to hurry up.

They were just over a kilometer above her. However, Rennaya, could not wait, exploding at the worst possible time.

"No!"

Instinctively she threw the four domes ahead of her, using ice to maintain her trajectory, as she tried to outrun the blast. One by one, the domes, crashed into the shuttle, taking a few of the soldiers inside all they could, to stop them, shaking the shuttle off course as as the last one whizzed by.

Seven cursed, unable to believe what had just happened. The shuttle immediately took off as the shockwave continued to throw it off balance.

She knew, she had failed her comrades, their last order to get everyone out safely. Now as the dome, drifted off into the abyss of space, she was terrified everything was in vain.

Prompting her to not give up, as she clasped her hands together, she covered herself in iko, just as she was about to run out of air.

"Forbidden Art! Limit Breaker."

Her eyes began to glow, as silver streaks raced down her hair, as her skin began to burn from the planet's heat. In split seconds, she hopped off an ice platform aiming to touch the dome, as it spun out of control, constantly being hit by the blasts and debris.

As she touched it, she screamed although she could no longer hear herself, she poured in all of her might, pushing the dome further into the abyss of space.

"Forbidden Art, Complete Isolation."

The dome, frosted over, thousands of times, maintains heat within, while protecting, the occupant, from the cold of space.

Seven had often heard, iko, could, sometimes maintain itself, even after its user's deaths, depending on their instructions. She had never believed it. Seeing only explainable circumstances, however now more than ever. She was praying for it to be the case.

She trusted her comrades, to have made their domes capable to withstand space, as they have often done in training, for recovery missions. However, it was all up to the victim's luck if they would be able to survive and find a habitable planet.

Tears, rolled down her cheeks, as Rennaya's gravity pulled her back in, engulfing her in its flames.

She hoped, she had done enough, as she watched, the dome, float on, escaping the blast, lost in space...

0