Chapter 12
269 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending so many days together, Chu Rong had a clear understanding of Song Yucheng's personality. He was someone who habitually gave and was patient, gentle, and had a strong soul. He was definitely not a superficial existence. And the reason why he endured such a reputation and stayed by the side of scum like Xu Muzhi was simply because Song Yucheng loved him deeply.

Thinking of the phrase "deeply in love," Chu Rong shuddered slightly, and even his tone became colder.

"Cousin, can you help me find Xu Muzhi tomorrow and warn him not to lay a finger on Song Yucheng? I'll take care of the rest after the shoot is over."

"No problem, I'll go over early tomorrow. Xu Muzhi really is a bully. Don't worry, cousin, I'll take care of it."

"Okay. That's all I need to say." Chu Rong thought for a while, made sure everything he needed to explain was done, and then hung up the phone and returned it to the director's group.

"What I said on the phone today, I hope you can keep it to yourselves." Chu Rong still had a gentle demeanor, but his tone had an indescribable sense of intimidation.

After all, he came from an aristocratic family and had a strong background. Even though the director's group relied on Xu Muzhi as their biggest financial backer, they still didn't dare to offend Chu Rong, the young master of the Chu family.

After waiting for their confirmation, Chu Rong prepared to rest. It was almost 5 am and the sky in the east was beginning to lighten. He could vaguely see a morning star.

Chu Rong stepped out into the moonlight and when he returned to the small courtyard, it was almost daytime. However, he didn't feel tired at all. Even after returning to his room, he didn't go to sleep immediately. Instead, he went directly to Song Yucheng's room and carefully touched his forehead to make sure he wasn't running a fever and that his temperature was normal. Then, he lay down next to him, feeling at ease.

In the quiet room, the sound of their breathing was particularly intense. The faint smell of medicine on Song Yucheng's body, transmitted through the air, entered Chu Rong's nostrils.

This slightly bitter smell wasn't pleasant, but for Chu Rong, it inexplicably made him feel at ease.

It was so good that Song Yucheng was lying next to him, safe and sound.

 


 

Due to staying up too late the night before, when the director and his team came to shoot in the morning, Song Yucheng and several others didn't get up. Finally, at almost nine o'clock, Li Zhao came out with a messy head of hair, paid the rent according to Chu Rong's final instructions from last night, and then with the other three young men finished the yard work and got ready to go out to buy breakfast.

As for Chu Rong and Song Yucheng, they arranged to take sick leave until Chu Rong heard some noise and got up to make sure they could shoot before bringing his camera inside.

Now, Song Yucheng has just gotten up, seemingly unhappy because he was woken up, looking confused and with an unpleasant face.

However, Chu Rong seized the moment well. Like a well-rehearsed routine, he skillfully put down the bamboo curtains by the window to soften the sunlight inside the room, then covered Song Yucheng's eyes with his hand and coaxed him softly, "Nothing will happen today, and we've paid the rent. If you're tired, sleep a bit more and I'll call you when Li Zhao and the others come back with breakfast."

"Mmm..." Song Yucheng hadn't really woken up and his mind was still foggy, and he even had trouble recognizing people. He simply lay down when he heard the pretty young man's gentle voice, and if he had not been weak, he might have hugged him and slept with him for a while.

"What's going on here?"

In the main live broadcast room, many netizens were surprised. After all, just a few hours ago, Song Yucheng and Chu Rong were at odds, but now, in just one night, they unexpectedly became affectionate, which was a bit inconsistent with common sense.

But then, fans in Song Yucheng's live broadcast room immediately enthusiastically recommended the events of yesterday, and even Weibo responded appropriately.

Someone edited a video of Song Yucheng making a dress and uploaded it in full online. Now, even those casual fans who thought Song Yucheng was cute before, were completely won over. Even the number of purchases of the live broadcast perspective of "Swapping Lives" featuring Song Yucheng skyrocketed, unexpectedly rivaling Chu Rong's.

It was quite surprising.

Chu Rong had become famous as a child star and already had his own fans. However, the fact that a newcomer like Song Yucheng could compete with his popularity was unheard of.

At the same time, as Song Yucheng's popularity soared, Chu Rong also benefited from it. Chu Rong's team originally planned to use the program to transform his image, but unexpectedly succeeded in doing so with the butterfly effect brought about by Chu Rong's walking out of the village at night to pick up Song Yucheng.

In that video, Chu Rong, who was clearly also a young man, insisted on carrying Song Yucheng back for more than an hour because he was concerned about his companion. Just that resilience, was enough to refresh people's understanding of Chu Rong as a "national little brother".

They even felt that the boy they had once seen as a child had finally grown up, and become more responsible, and more gentle, and reliable.

However, these are just appetizers. The real highlight is yet to come. Who would have thought that because of the video from yesterday, a fan group would be created for the show "Swapping Lives," centered around the pairing of Song Yucheng and Chu Rong.

In fact, this pairing had already started to take shape on the second day of "Swapping Lives." However, at that time, Song Yucheng was misunderstood by many, and Chu Rong seemed to dislike him, so it was put on hold. But the sweet scene of Chu Rong carrying Song Yucheng on his back under the moonlight provided the perfect material for this pairing.

The combination of a proud and talented older brother and a gentle and patient younger brother who cares for his brother easily sparks people's imagination. The fan edits made by these fans are just the right amount of ambiguity. Just by looking at the two boys in the countryside, one gentle and the other proud, they complement each other perfectly. Their interactions show a subtle sense of tenderness and affection, which is adorable.

"Ah, I don't care, I'm supporting this brotherly CP! Orthopedics is the best department!" **(This sentence doesn't have a direct translation as it is a bit of internet slang and a play on words. "骨科" (gǔ kē) means orthopedics in Chinese, but in this context, it is being used as a homophone for "谷可" (gǔ kě), which sounds similar but means "edible grains." So "骨科什么的最好吃惹" (gǔ kē shén me de zuì hǎo chī rě) roughly means "Orthopedics and whatnot are the best things to eat," with the play on words suggesting that the character's feelings about the food are so strong that they'd rather eat orthopedics than anything else. It's a humorous way of expressing one's enthusiasm for something.)

"I used to be a fan of Chu Rong, but now I can't help but climb over to the other side. What do I do? Song Song is so cute, and his proud look makes me want to push him over in a minute!"

"The key is Song Song's smile when he sees Chu Rong at night. Oh my god, it's so gentle. And when Chu Rong was worried about Song Song later, his eyes turned red. Although I feel sorry for them, I still feel like they're showing off their love in my face."

"No, you're not alone, I've also tasted the dog food." **(a slang term used to describe public displays of affection between a couple.)

"Dog food +1."

"Dog food +2."

On Weibo, there was a lot of discussion and buzz around this pairing. With more and more video clips being edited and shared, the morning interaction between the two in their bedroom made the fans feel like the world was perfect.

The gentle and handsome younger brother caring for his brother, coaxing him to go back to sleep in the morning, was so sweet. The fans were thrilled.

In just a few hours, the fan page for Chu Rong and Song Yucheng was quickly established and reached 30,000 followers. The video of their interaction was also immediately placed on the homepage, and someone even created a special topic and tag for them. The Chu Song Brothers Orthopedics was born.

Well done, Song Yucheng, you really did a great job!

"Xu Muzhi, who was far away in Yanjing, was the first to receive the news. He scrolled through the two people's homepages and topic tags, and every Weibo, video clip and fan art felt like a slap in the face, a green light covering his head.

It was truly a huge surprise. He had given up his substitute for his white moonlight to use as a stepping stone, and now it turns out that his substitute had gotten involved with his white moonlight and was paired with him. Even though he knew it was fake, it made Xu Muzhi feel ashamed.

Moreover, this was clearly intentional on Song Yucheng's part. Whether his purpose was to provoke or to retaliate was unclear. However, the arrival of a visitor immediately intensified Xu Muzhi's feelings. It was Chu Rong's cousin who had come, and the first thing he said was, "Xiao Rong asked me to tell you to stay away from Song Yucheng."

"Stay away?" Xu Muzhi found it ridiculous. Song Yucheng was his toy, and now a stranger was standing in front of him, pointing fingers.

The key point was that Chu Rong, whom he favored the most, was protecting Song Yucheng. What was the difference between having his face torn off and trampled on the ground?

The combination of anger and absurdity made Xu Muzhi even more furious. He looked coldly at Chu Rong's cousin and answered slowly, "I'm curious, what right does Chu Rong have to interfere in my affairs? Song Yucheng is my plaything. What does it matter if I destroy him or break him? And why do you care?"

"You can try." Both men were in power for a long time, and Chu Rong's cousin wasn't intimidated by Xu Muzhi's aura. He kept his expression unchanged, but the meaning behind his words was even more intriguing. "You know Xiao Rong's character. We only have one heir in the Chu family, and we will never let him be unhappy. So, take your time and think about it."

"The person might have been yours in the past, but it doesn't mean they will be in the future." After saying this, Chu Rong's cousin left. Xu Muzhi was left alone, and his disobedient behavior almost made him furious.

Well, it can be said that Xu Muzhi was completely disregarded. Moreover, he was threatened by the Chu family, which showed that Song Yucheng had indeed captured Chu Rong's soul. However, he still didn't dare to make a move against Chu Rong or the Chu family directly.

After all, his current power was unstable, and if it weren't for the support from above, he would not have been able to sit in the position of power in the Xu family. That was why he had coveted Chu Rong for many years, but he didn't dare to take him by force.

However, now the fruit that he had been guarding for many years was taken away by his own substitute. Even though the green hat wasn't firmly placed on his head, it was enough to make Xu Muzhi angry.

It took him a full ten minutes to calm down. Then, Xu Muzhi's first action was to call the director of "Swapping Lives" and tell him to have Song Yucheng contact him after finishing filming that day.

Xu Muzhi was thoroughly provoked. Therefore, he decided that this time, he would give Song Yucheng a warning and make him understand who the real master was.

That night, after a day of shooting, Song Yucheng finally got to sleep.

Contacting him at a time like this is probably not a good thing. Considering the changes in the past few days, Song Yucheng understood it in his heart.

As expected, as soon as he dialed the video call, he heard Xu Muzhi's pretended gentle greeting, "It seems like you're having a good time."

At the same time, Song Yucheng sensitively heard the crisp sound of metal colliding.

Immediately after, on the other end of the video call, he saw the thing that Xu Muzhi was playing with in his hand, unexpectedly a translucent white jade.

 

1