Chapter 15
242 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's so beautiful. Rather than saying it's a renovation, it's more like giving new life to the space.

All the furniture is made of woven grass and rattan, without any large or overly complicated patterns, but the natural color variations make them perfect decorative pieces. Instead of looking childish, they exude a refined and artistic charm. The courtyard, which used to feel dilapidated due to its age, has been transformed by Song Yucheng's clever decorations into a unique and rustic space.

If the ideal lifestyle for busy urbanites in modern society is a pastoral idyll, then the courtyard renovated by Song Yucheng is undoubtedly the best representation of this idyll.

Therefore, some knowledgeable viewers in the live broadcast room were surprised, wondering if the program team had brought in outside help for Song Yucheng's highly personalized home decoration. How else could they have accomplished such a feat?

However, the program team's release of the design drawings soon shocked the viewers once again. They were actually designed by Song Yucheng himself.

"Oh my goodness, this is unbelievable!"

"As a member of the home decoration design industry, I can only marvel at how professional and well-crafted these drawings are. Even professional teams in the industry would take much longer to achieve such results. Song Yucheng and his team are simply amazing."

"I suddenly feel sorry for the guests from the past three quarters, who were supposed to struggle together as students. Instead, you guys quietly studied and became top students."

"I really want to know where the program team found Song Yucheng. No wonder they had to put so many restrictions on him before. If there were no restrictions, he would be unstoppable."

The entire live broadcast room was shocked, but within five minutes, they were again caught up in a new wave of amazement.

The homestay price proposed by Song Yucheng is so high that it's staggering.

One night costs one thousand yuan.

It's a bit too exaggerated. Although Song Yucheng has indeed made this small courtyard very beautiful and enchanting, its shortcomings are also very obvious.

First of all, it's far from the city, and the transportation is not convenient, which is the biggest obstacle to attracting guests. The relatively primitive way of life also makes people have more worries and resistance while yearning for it.

After all, this seemingly leisurely work may seem beautiful as a bystander in a livestream, but when you actually live there, it is definitely not convenient. At the very least, having one shower and one toilet is a big issue. Moreover, the insect chirping and frog sounds in the village at night can also be unbearable.

In addition, Song Yucheng actually asked for a price of one thousand yuan for such a place. Even if there is a program effect, no one really wants to go there and experience this kind of life!

The netizens who were originally marveling at how perfectly Song Yucheng transformed the small courtyard subconsciously changed the topic and began to discuss how unrealistic it was. Even though the program team's contact phone number was posted on the public chat, few people really wanted to go and see it.

So several hours passed, and the program team's landline still didn't ring. It wasn't until the evening that someone broke the silence.

However, the tourist who was about to come and play was not simply on vacation. He was there for Chu Rong.

In fact, he was the head of Chu Rong's fan club.

"Is this considered indirect face brushing?" Li Zhao felt a little depressed after hanging up the phone.

But Song Yucheng didn't care. It didn't matter how he started, the key was that they got business. Only with the initial opportunity could they truly break the stalemate.

Therefore, counting the time for the fan club leader to arrive, Song Yucheng quickly assigned the upcoming preparation work to Chu Rong and his team.

However, he was busy preparing to welcome the first guest, when a small problem occurred with the fan club leader. She didn't come alone but brought along a childhood friend. At first, the atmosphere between the two was peaceful, but as soon as they arrived in the small county, their conflict suddenly erupted.

The transportation in the small county was far more difficult than what they had seen on live broadcasts. Who could have thought that there was only a tractor shuttling back and forth between here and the small village where Song Yucheng and Chu Rong were located, and most importantly, there was only one trip every three hours.

As people who were used to air-conditioned rooms in big cities, they couldn't bear standing under the scorching sun and waiting. Moreover, the childhood friend of the fan club leader was talkative and started complaining, believing that the fan club leader was misled by Chu Rong. Otherwise, who would pay one thousand yuan per night and travel through such a difficult place for vacation? Wasn't it a deliberate scam?

The leader of the support group was also temperamental, and said directly, "If you don't want to come, then don't come. If you want to go back, I'll give you the money for the plane ticket." The two started arguing.

"So, are you going to break up with me just because of an actor?"

"Chu Rong is not just an actor, he's a performer. I can understand if you don't like him, but can you stop using insulting words? Besides, from the beginning, it was you who insisted on following me, not me forcing you to come."

"Do you think I wanted to come? If it wasn't for..." The childhood friend was annoyed by her retorts and accidentally let slip what he really wanted to say, but he quickly swallowed the second half of the sentence. Nevertheless, the fan club leader immediately understood his true purpose for coming this time.

The childhood friend's profession was a journalist for a gossip magazine, so maybe he wasn't here for vacation, but rather to dig up some news.

So she was being used by someone? The fan club leader was immediately angry. After slapping her childhood friend in the face, she quickly drove him away. However, what surprised her the most was that her temper had inadvertently caused a big problem for Song Yucheng and Chu Rong.

"Swapping Lives" is a variety show that is broadcasted on two channels. Apart from the online live broadcast, an edited version will also be aired on a satellite TV channel every Saturday.

And due to the unexpected presence of Song Yucheng, the popularity and public discussion of "Swapping Lives" is already quite high. Judging purely from the ratings, it has firmly held the top spot.

This achievement has made those veteran variety shows envious, and the profits from the online live broadcast are also very high.

Especially in the single-perspective live broadcast room, almost everyone who watches the live broadcast will especially buy Song Yucheng and Chu Rong's single-perspective view. It can be said that they have made a lot of money.

Therefore, in such a large-scale exposure, there are bound to be voices of opposition. Even as early as when the show just started, some so-called professionals made some incomprehensible comments under Song Yucheng's videos of making grass and willow weavings, saying that his skills were not standardized.

But these people are still in the minority, and it did not cause much of a stir. However, since the incident of the thousand-yuan homestay was exposed, the situation in China has become somewhat subtle.

Nowadays, homestays in general only cost around a hundred yuan, and even in small county towns, the service that is comparable to a four-star hotel costs only two or three hundred yuan. However, Song Yucheng opened his mouth and charged one thousand yuan per night. No matter how you look at it, it seems to be aimed at his fans.

Regardless of which perspective you look at it from, "Swapping Lives" has now become the hottest topic. The childhood friend who is the head of the fan club only wants to come along to ride the wave of popularity.

This childhood friend hasn't had any good news for a long time, and this time he thought he had caught an opportunity, so he must come along. Unfortunately, he couldn't control his temper and was thrown out in the small county town. But it doesn't matter, he has collected almost all the black materials he needs. Instead of really going to the small village to suffer, it's better to take out the recording pen he had hidden and a greedy expression flashes across his face.

However, within just an hour, the gossip magazine's Weibo account where the childhood friend is located had already published a headline article. The main theme is to discuss the influence of idols on fans. In the beginning, the examples mostly used were like the anchors deceiving primary school students to give gifts, but in the end, they unexpectedly mentioned the homestay of Song Yucheng and Chu Rong.

And what's even more incredible? The childhood friend actually cut and pasted the recording of his argument with the head of the fan club and uploaded it, defining the head of the fan club as a brainless fan who was tricked.

Meanwhile, he slyly took screenshots of criticisms from online professionals who accused Song Yucheng of seeking attention and added them to the summary. He even hinted that the small courtyard where Song Yucheng lived was a dangerous building without a business license or safety guarantees. He deceived a young girl to go there, what was he really up to?

It's terrifying to think about.

In addition, in order to gain more popularity, this childhood friend went all out and quietly bought his way into the top search results. As a result, Song Yucheng's homestay became an instant hit.

After all, the state has been cracking down on online media recently, and the incidents of broadcasters scamming money are indeed true. As for the fundraising campaigns organized by fans and support groups of different members of the same celebrity, they also exist in reality.

At this moment, many people noticed this headline and participated in the discussion.

"The entertainment industry is so chaotic. These celebrities make a lot of money from performances and filming, yet they still use such despicable means."

"The same goes for internet celebrities. I've heard of the broadcasters they mentioned, and it's ridiculous how they take the hard-earned money of their viewers and refuse to give refunds, claiming that it's legitimate income. They have no humanity at all."

"Even the restaurants owned by celebrities are a sham, the food is terrible and the only thing worth buying is the name."

As discussions like this spread, intentionally or unintentionally, all the blame fell on Song Yucheng and Chu Rong in just two short hours, insinuating that they were involved in illegal profiteering and breaking the law.

Things had escalated beyond control.

Unfortunately, the program team was still in the small village and unable to deal with the crisis in a timely manner. The situation had deteriorated to a point of no return.

Outraged netizens even reported the program team to the police, accusing them of deceiving consumers and running an illegal business. Xu Muzhi, the main investor behind "Swapping Lives", was directly targeted and ordered to cooperate with the investigation.

 


 

In Xu Muzhi's office, a cold and solemn young man was sitting on a chair, listening to Xu Muzhi's report. He was clearly younger than Xu Muzhi, but the kind of aura that comes with being in power could easily crush him, and even make Xu Muzhi instinctively feel afraid.

However, despite this, the young man's appearance was not serious, but rather beautiful to the point of not looking like a real person. Especially his pair of smoky gray eyes, which seemed to be shrouded in mist like the night sky, hiding countless stars. If it weren't for his cold and calm gaze, he could easily evoke people's desires.

"This is how things are, Father, what do you think..." Xu Muzhi respectfully stood beside him, bending down to hand him the folder in his hand, carefully considering his words, afraid of offending the young man.

Xu Muzhi was really afraid of him, even though he knew the young man was younger than himself. But Xu Muzhi still had to respectfully call him "Father," and dare not show any disrespect or disobedience.

As for the current situation, it made him even more frustrated. When he heard that the young man was coming, Xu Muzhi quickly sorted out all the accounts. He had originally wanted to show off in front of the young man, but instead, the company was sued.

And the initiator of that homestay was none other than Song Yucheng. It was well known that Song Yucheng was someone he had raised.

"I don't know how to manage or train people." When it came to matters related to "Swapping Lives," Xu Muzhi couldn't manage anything else and quickly apologized.

But the young man shook his head to indicate that he didn't need an explanation, and then calmly opened his computer and brushed through the online comments. Then he shook his head in disappointment.

Xu Muzhi was really too foolish.

No matter what the cause is, just looking at the one-sided direction of online opinions now, it's obvious that someone is deliberately stirring things up. Otherwise, "Swapping Lives" is also a popular variety show. How could it be collectively criticized without any room for resistance?

But unfortunately, instead of quickly doing crisis public relations, Xu Muzhi pushed the blame onto a seventeen or eighteen-year-old boy, which is just brainless.

#On the alternative way for stars to make money, forcibly turning dangerous buildings into homestays, worth thousands of dollars overnight#

As he looked at the brainless cursing on Weibo and various gossip forums, the young man's eyes became more and more profound, but his expression remained unchanged as if these people were not cursing an industry under his name.

Xu Muzhi stood beside him, also looking at these contents very clearly, but his heart was increasingly nervous, and his fear of the young man grew deeper.

It had been two years since they last met, and this little godfather of his was becoming harder and harder to read.

But the young man seemed unaware of his unease, and then casually clicked into the live broadcast room of "Swapping Lives". Chu Rong's fan group leader was about to arrive, and the barrage was full of brainless cursing from the "black fans".

He blocked the barrage with a wave of his hand and watched for a while, then suddenly asked Xu Muzhi, "Which one of these two is Song Yucheng?"

 

0