End of the year meeting 1997
183 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December 27th, 1997

General POV

At the hall of guardians, the leaders of BIS gathered again for their yearly meeting. The clothing theme for this year was all white. The bosses decided to show up early this time to everyone's surprise. Everyone at the meeting was excited because today they were gonna get superpowers. Desmond smirked, looking at all the people he brought together.

“Alright, I know you're all ready to receive your new powers, but we still have a meeting to do. The sooner we finish, the sooner I can start,” Desmond said with a chuckle at their eagerness.

“I’ll go first since I have the most to discuss. We managed to increase our gross profit from last year’s 18 billion to 25 billion. Most of this comes from the boon in merchandise sales in the last three months. Halloween is becoming are the best holiday for making money for us. Our next major animated releases for the coming year are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Iron Giant.

Also with our new acquisition of smaller studios were going to start making live-action content. So far Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Law & Order, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Boy Meets World, The X-Files, Roots, Friends, and Star Wars are on the schedule.” Edgar said, emphasizing the last property they were going to make.

“What made Lucas finally budge?” Jamie asked. They had been working on getting the rights to Lucasfilm for a year. Trey had forgotten they existed in this universe initially. It was only when Jarvis reminded him that this universe was made way before Disney bought Lucas-film. The Flash, on two separate occasions, mentioned the Jedi mind trick during Justice League.

“Creative Control on the outline for the story and an extra ten percent on all profit goes to a non-profit of his choosing. Trey, I still think spending two billion to acquire them was a waste of resources.” Edgar said, finishing his debrief.

“Nope, it was totally worth it. I’ll never subject this world to the horror that is the sequel trilogy. Plus, we will eventually turn a profit once the prequel trilogy comes out. That reminds me, hire some of our best scriptwriters to work with Lucas. He’s a great storyteller but is terrible with dialogue.” Trey said after remembering to fix the worst part about the Star Wars prequels.

“I’ll go next. I bought 20 more locations for our Diamond Resort chain. New York, Metropolis, Coast City, along with New Mexico will be up and running by the first quarter of next year. Imagination World will be ready around this time next year. Imagination Land, Imagination Tokyo, and Imagination Paris will begin construction in the summer of next year.” Jamie explained.

“I don’t have much to add from the update I gave you two months ago. All of the businesses under me are still turning a profit, and our combat team is still doing contracts for the US. The only new development that happened is that the king you sent to Madagascar has settled in. The country should be under his complete control before the end of next year.” Eli said before giving the floor to Reddington.

“My empire has become the lead player in the US for firearms and computer parts. Zafiro Añejo is now being sold in most liquor stores across the country. Wu-tang Financial has locations on most of the east coast. We did run into a problem in Gotham.” Red admitted with fury on his face. Most had their attentions raised they had never seen Red this angry.

“What happened?” Eli asked solemnly.

“Falcone. I refused pay is so-called protection ‘tax’ he sent a hit out on our bank. Agnes and Lizzie were there that day. Price if wasn’t for your men guarding the bank I could’ve lost them again.” Red said in thanks.

“Don’t mention it mate glad they could help.” Price said smirking. His team had already been given two power systems Haki and Mass Effect Explorer powers. They spent the last couple of months training and coordinating how to use these gifts effectively.

“Red do you need help dealing with him?” Trey with a creepy smile on his face. What had everyone on alert was how his eyes changed to the Sharingan. Everyone felt the bloodlust he was giving off.

“No, you’ll kill him too quickly. No no no. The price for attempting to hurt my loved ones can’t be that easy. I’ll take everything from him first. Only then will I decide on how I want to kill him.” Reddington explained calmly.

‘Falcone you picked the wrong person to mess with. I’d take a fight with Bats over Red. At least I know there’s a line Bruce won’t cross’ Desmond thought to himself.

“Let’s finish up the meeting. I have new powers needed for my research.” Artemis said, getting the meeting back on track.

“The Fruit line products have made a profit of over 3 billion this year. The main money-maker, however was the Abstergo One, selling better than any other product on the market. We’re still on track to release the most popular games from the Xbox, PlayStation 2, Nintendo 64, and DS era of games over the next three years. Runescape, Sims, Half-Life, Diablo, Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, and Minecraft are scheduled SuperFruit(Mac) releases for next year. Including all our products on the market for MomCorp, we’ve made 10 billion in profit in only our second year of being operational. The other only thing of note is that LexCorp has offered to buy me out more than once this year. They also attempted a knockoff of the Abstergo DS and One with little success. Also, some of our previous competitors in the market are now developing apps and games for our systems instead of competing with us. Lastly, God-tube just launched last month with massive success. It’s the 5th most searched topic on Globex(Google).” Artemis explained quickly. Desmond chuckled at how desperate he was to end the meeting.

“Art don’t be upset but before we move on to powers I have an announcement I need to make,” Desmond said. He received a glare from not just his friend but everyone in the room. They were all tired of waiting.

“Don’t be like that guys. You’ll like what I have to say. I solved our mind control problem. Come on, praise my genius!” Desmond said with smirk. Everyone rolled their eyes at his antics but it did cause all of them to let go of their anger at him.

“How?” Altair asked at the end of the room. Desmond then took out a box inside were a bunch of rings, enchanted contracts, and microbots with a small crystal embedded in the middle.

“These rings are storage rings with the same technology as the hypercube. Now you all have an easier way of storing anything. It can also transform into other objects of your choosing. The contracts work similarly to the one I gave everyone except you are in control. There’s space for 100 people for each contract. All you need to do is drop a piece of blood on paper to get started. Finally, the microbots with the Metebelis crystal will block anyone from reading or controlling your mind. I was able to create them using my size quirk and compound fusion(Avant-Garde Sculptor). It will also slightly increase your intelligence, and you only need to swallow it for it to work. Be warned though, a telepath at my level can get through if given enough time” Desmond warned.

“How long would it take you?” Price asked wondering.

“Jarvis estimated it’d take a week or so for someone at my level to break through,” Trey admitted.

“Good, that’s more than enough time to mount a rescue before anything happens,” Price said, nodding. Seeing that the meeting was over Trey decided to start giving people their new powers.

“Remember this your last chance to switch powers. After this you’ll be stuck with whatever you choose for life. Also don’t forget skills that are only knowledge based don’t apply to the power limit the human body has, as I mentioned before.” Trey warned one last time. Trey and Desmond then created two clones for everyone in the room. They began giving out powers as each person told them what they wanted. By the end, Trey made a list in his mind palace of all the powers everyone selected.

Members Powers:

Artemis: Technopathy, Mana Crafting, Magic Engineering, Mana(Fate), Magic(HP)

Butler: Nen, Haki, Energy Absorption/Transference/Redirection

Juliet: Chakra, Charyeok, Biokinesis

Holly: Shapeshifter, Magic(HP), Mana(Fate)

Eli: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Nen

Edgar: Telepathy, Nen, Cyber Mind

Reddington: Activation & Deactivation, Biokinesis, Nen

Elizabeth & Tom: Healing, Cooking Mastery, Photographic Memory

Jamie: Chakra, Mana(Fate), Artistic Replication

Felicity & Leonardo: Cyber Mind, Mana Crafting, Magic Engineering, The Force

All Assassins: Haki, Chakra, Flight, The 1000 Year Knowledge (Concealment, Gym Training, Master Vale Tudo, Taekwondo, Aikido, Karate, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Master Spearmanship, Elite Weapon Master, Management, Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Art, Language Mastery, Animal Disassembly, Master Smithing)

Ghosts & Black Ops Teams: Haki, Mass Effect Explorer, Healing

Price: Charyeok, Haki, Flight

Alexandra: Medical Mastery, Surgeon Mastery, Biology Mastery, Master Geneticist, Biokinesis, DNA Manipulation, Chakra

Tyson: Perfect Marksmanship, Charyeok, Haki

 

The only person that received no powers was Kyla. She was a little downcast seeing everyone come out of the meeting ecstatic over the powers they had gotten. She had been waiting outside with Elizabeth and Agnes. Trey had told her earlier in the year that under no circumstance would she be getting powers while she was underage. No matter how much she begged and pleaded the past couple of months, he wouldn’t budge. Her parents for once, took his side on the matter as well. Seeing the sad face on his sister’s face, Trey flew over to her.

“Sis, you okay?” He asked softly. Kyla tried to force a smile on her face.

“I’m Fine.” Kyla weakly responded. Despite being disappointed at not getting powers, she tried to put on a brave face. She didn’t want to act like a spoiled brat and get mad at her brother for not giving her powers. It would only make her ungrateful for everything else he’s given her and prove his point that she wasn’t mature enough for powers. Trey couldn’t help but laugh, watching as she tried to act mature.

“Enough teasing my baby girl isn’t about time we give her the surprise.” Alexandra said, coming over.

“I was getting to that. Sis I’m still not giving you powers, but I do have something for you.” Trey said. Kyla’s eyes lit up with hope that she was getting something. Trey then pulled something out of his hypercube. Kyla’s eyes went wide with shock. Trey smiled and placed his present on her lap.

“Ve Ve Ve!” The shiny baby Eevee called out to her new master. That seemed to wake Kyla out of her shock finally, she cried, hugging the little creature in her arms.

“I also gave her the shapeshifter ability so she can change into a dog when we're not at home. You have to take good care of her, sis. She also needs a name.” Trey said. Kyla looked seriously at her before coming up with something.

“ I name you V!” Kyla said with a huge smile. Trey almost fell over at the super simplistic name she gave her. V seemed to like name snuggled up to her new master even more. Just like that, the Carter family had a new family member.

10