*Hidden*
192 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

April 30th, 1998

General POV

“Trey, it's been over a month! I can’t sit for another day while my cousin is still missing. There has to be something I can do.” Kara cried at Trey, who was meditating with his eyes closed mid-air.

“Kara, for the last time, he’s doing everything he can. We already sent clones out to search for him in space, and for the hundredth time Apokolips’s boom tubes have been completely closed off. Bats had Hal ask every green lantern in the universe to be on the lookout for him. Stop yelling at Trey just because he can’t hear you. You know as well as I do he’s been working nonstop to find him.” Desmond calmly reprimanded her, walking into the Batcave. Kara sighed before slumping down on the floor.

“I know know. I’m sorry. He’s the only one I can vent to about this. You and Bruce have been busy trying to keep Metropolis safe. You’re not even really here right now. I know you sent a clone seeing me come from the telepathy thing you guys have.” Kara said.

“Hey, I did want to come in person, but some idiot named Livewire tried blowing up a bridge while escaping me. It was tough for me, even with clones, to ensure everyone stayed safe and making sure I caught her. Supes used to make it look so easy.” Desmond said, sitting right next to her. Kara smiled at that comment. She leaned her head on him while taking another glance at Trey.

“It’s been two weeks since he’s been in his trance. I want Clark back more than anything, but I also don’t want someone else to get hurt in the process. Everything has gone to hell this year. I lost my home, my family, and my people. I was sent here to protect my cousin only for him to be my senior when I woke from cryo-sleep. It took months to get used to my powers and get used to calling Earth my home. Just when I started to have some idea on a new normal, Clark went missing. His parents from this world have started to notice his absence. How can I face them and tell them their son traded his life to save mine? I’m the reason he’s gone.” Kara said teary-eyed. Desmond put his arm around her.

“It was never your fault Kara. Even if it was, I’m sure the boy scout would always trade his life for yours. That’s just the type of guy he is—that loveable selfless idiot. So stop blaming yourself for what concrete face did. Martha and John aren’t mad at you. They miss their son and’ll worry more if you don’t tell them what’s happening. Talk to them. They're family, and families stick together. Go, any moment now. Trey will wake up with Supes’s whereabouts. I promise you’ll be the first to know as soon we know.” Desmond said, encouraging her with a smile before the clone evaporated. Kara wiped her eyes, ready to speak with the Kents but felt a presence behind her. An older man was offering a freshly brewed pot of tea.

“Thank you, Alfred. I hope you can act like you saw none of that.” Kara said, taking the tea.

“Whatever are you talking about young miss? I only came here to say I, Master Bruce, Master Grayson, and the Carter brothers all are here for you in your time of need. Whatever you need, we are only but a call away.” Alfred said with a caring smile. Kara was about to thank him when they heard a scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”Trey screamed clutching his head.

“Trey!” Kara yelled racing over to his side. Blood started flowing down from his nose. Before Kara could say anything else Trey put his hand up stopping her. He looked over at Alfred.

“Alfred follow everything I say next. Ahhh! Take my body to the Wutang Finical branch in this city. Ask to see Moriarty and speak the phrase code blackout when you see her. Desmond's body will be on top of Metropolis’s police precinct. Have Kara take him to me. Ahhhh! Do you copy?” Trey asked, holding in the pain. As soon as Alfred nodded, he collapsed.

“Ughhh.” Desmond and Trey groaned, waking up. They were in the emergency bunker under the bank.

“You guys are finally up. Can one of you tell me what happened to the two of you?” Jamie asked with a worried look.  

“Ask him. I felt Trey’s pain through our connection. I was going to help him, but as soon as I fully connected to his mind I passed out.” Desmond said gathering his bearings. Trey on the other hand was in serious thought before he looked at Jamie.

“How long have we been out?” Trey asked solemnly.

“You have been here for about four hours I think. I wasn’t focused on the time when I was healing you. Why?” Jamie said.

“Fuck we only got an hour or so to prepare. Omni-Tool send a message to all members we have an Omega-level threat. Everyone can meet me at the tower for an emergency meeting in ten minutes. I’ll show you both what we’re up against.” Trey said using his telepathy to show what he had seen.

“Bloody Hell. Just send one of your clones with me. I’ll take care of the meeting while you prepare. And one last thing.” Jamie said walking over to Trey. She gave him a big hug. Then to the surprise of both of them, she turned around and pulled Desmond into a deep kiss.

“You better come back to me in one piece. Promise me.” Jamie demanded looking deep into Desmond’s eyes. The stunned man nodded. Jamie smiled at his shyness before leaving the room. Desmond touched his lips in disbelief.

“Focus up lover boy. Bats, Alfred, and Kara, are waiting for us upstairs.” Trey said as he flew out of the room. Desmond shook his head and chased after him.

They arrived to see everyone, along with the bank manager, in the conference room. When he saw his bosses arrive he left the room. He also had seen the alert from earlier.

“I’m so glad you're okay,” Kara said hugging Trey. He put on a stiff smile before getting her to let go. Desmond and Trey both gave each other a concerned look before deciding to address everyone.  

“What’s going on?” Bruce asked. He had never seen either of them with fear in the time he had known them.

“There’s no easy way of saying this. Superman has been compromised.” Trey said sadly.

“WHAT!” Bruce yelled.

“It can't be!” Kara said in shock.

“I spent the last two weeks mastering the Force. Through the Force, I was able to connect to him briefly. From what I could gather he initially beat Darkseid but the rest of his forces intervened at the end. He’s been under intense brainwashing and thinks he’s Darkseid’s son. He’s conquered two worlds just outside our sector of space. The reason why I passed out is that I forcefully tried to probe his mind. They plan to attack Earth next. They’ll also have triple the force that was sent last time” Trey explained.

“How long do we have?” Alfred asked with a glum look on his face.

“They’ll be here in less than an hour,” Trey said as Bruce punched the table angrily.  

Chapter Title: Superman has been compromised.

10