Chapter 2: Chixiao “The Imperial”
1.3k 0 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reward of mere two thousand gold coins was not attractive to Wang Jingyu at all.

 

Now that he has 50,000 gold coins, would he still be short of this?

 

The mysterious powerhouse experience card made him a little bit interested.

 

It's just that Wang Jingyu, who was used to playing such games in his previous life, knows that as long as it is something like an experience card, there is basically nothing good.

 

Maybe he will open a Yu Xiaogang 

(weak chicken scumbag) experience card, or some other weak person's experience card, wouldn't that be a problem for him?

 

Therefore, he didn't even have any interest in opening it. So, he simply stuffed the experience card and the gold coins presented by the system into the storage space.

 

What he really valued was that he had a chance to change his martial spirit, and he was also given a growth-type spirit ring as a gift.

 

The Martial Spirit of original owner of the body was called "Rusty sword", and it was only because the blade was just rusty and there was nothing special about it.

 

Although it could not be considered a waste martial Spirit, it had seriously restricted the growth of Wang Jingyu's strength.

 

During the first year of his time travel, he practiced hard every day, but he couldn't even increase his Spirit power to the first level.

 

At the age of 21, with a mere forty-seventh level of Spirit power, compared to those geniuses, this achievement seemed a bit appalling.

 

Now, he has the opportunity to change his spirit, and he also got a growth-type spirit ring, which could be considered equivalent to Tang San's natal spirit ring.

 

Being able to determine the upper limit of the spirit ring according to one's own endurance, to a certain extent, this spirit ring will have infinite possibilities! ! !

 

Without further ado, he planned to complete the change of Martial Spirit immediately.

 

Just in case, he locked the doors and windows vigilantly and drew the curtains.

 

After doing all this, Wang Jingyu sat down on the ground and released the martial Spirit of the original owner of his body.

 

Under his control, the Rusty Sword was suspended in the air.

 

Four Spirit rings, yellow, yellow, purple, and purple, rose into the air around the sword body.

 

He used the opportunity to change the martial Spirit on the embroidered sword martial Spirit through his mind, with a solemn expression on his face.

 

He didn't know what his martial Spirit would look like after the change.

 

Whether it will be changed for the better or reversed for the worse, no one can say for sure.

 

However, since there is such an opportunity, he will not give up, perhaps this will be his powerful opportunity.

 

[ Ding, is the host sure that he wants to use the opportunity to change the martial Spirit on the Rusty Sword martial Spirit?

 

Once determined, it will never be changed, and whether it is a blessing or a curse will be borne by the host itself.]

 

The system notification sounded beside his ears, and Wang Jingyu responded decisively.

 

"Young master is sure! I will never regret it!"

 

[ Ding... the martial Spirit is changing, please wait a moment...]

 

The whole room fell into dead silence, except for Wang Jingyu's dignified breathing, there was no other noise.

 

Don't know how long it took before Wang Jingyu heard a system prompt.

 

[ Ding, congratulations to the host for completing the transformation of the martial Spirit and getting the Martial Spirit Chixiao

"Imperial Sword"]

 

Wang Jingyu's eyes widened in an instant, and his face was full of astonishment.

 

The Sword of Sovereignty!

 

China's Top Ten Famous Swords ranked third! The Emperor's Sword!

 

Chixiao Sword, also known as the Sword of sovereignty was rumored to be the sword carried by Liu Bang, the founder of the Han Dynasty in China.

 

( About the Sword "Chixiao the Imperial"

 

Your choice Read or Ignore,  if you want as it has nothing to do with the story

 

In the Qin Dynasty (221- 207 BC), there was a young man who liked to talk big. One day he got a rotten steel rod and told people that it was a sword he got from an immortal living in Nanshan Mountain, and named it Chi Xiao, always carrying his "sword." He also boasted that he was the incarnation of a red dragon from Heaven, and that he had known Emperor Qin, who, according to him, was the incarnation of a white dragon. 

He even said that the incarnation of the Emperor had turned from a white dragon into a white snake wandering around Feng Xize, claiming that he, with more magic power now than the Emperor Qin, would replace him as the emperor.

 

People all around knew that he was a braggart and did not believe his nonsense. However, people's distrust toward him changed after what happened one night. 

On that night, a few dozen young people, including the braggart, carrying his sword, went to the town of Feng Xize to do some apprentice work. On the way there, they were confronted by a huge white snake. Terrified by it, no one dared to move. It was the braggart who volunteered to kill the snake, chasing it into the woods. The others waited for him to return, but he did not come back that night. Finally, they returned home, believing that he had become the supper of the snake.

 

The next day, people found the snake killed and the young man lying nearby. His rotten steel rod had been replaced by a glittering sword, with two characters on it reading: "Chi Xiao." Astounded by this scene, people realized that what the braggart said was all true. The young man was Liu Bang, who later defeated Emperor Qin and founded the Han Dynasty. The sword Chi Xiao was the one he used to kill the snake and lead battles in his revolution against the emperor. Hence, the white dragon was replaced by Liu's red dragon, and Chi Xiao became known as a sword of sovereignty )

 

Therefore, this sword has a very high status in China, second only to the holy sword "Xuanyuan " and the sword of benevolence- "Zhanlu" .

 

However, Wang Jingyu was a little confused.

 

Obviously in the original book, there was no setting of Scarlet Firmament Sword at all, so why is his Martial spirit replaced with Scarlet Imperial Sword?

 

Could it be that this system took care of his personal emotions or his identity as a Traverser and gave him the Imperial Sword as a new martial Spirit?

 

The Chixiao Sword is three-foot long sword and has red colour all over its body, as if it has just been taken out of the furnace.

 

There was a looming dragon pattern engraved around the body of the sword, which looked lifelike.

 

The sword body was engraved with the word "Chi Xiao" in seal characters, floating in the air as if it was not affected by gravity, spinning around.

 

Wang Jingyu looked at the Chixiao Sword floating in front of his eyes, and subconsciously stretched out his right hand.

 

The Imperial Sword actually moved without wind, drawing a beautiful red arc in the air, and fell into his right hand.

 

The moment he held the Scarlet Imperial Sword in his hand, he felt like he was connected to it by blood. He waved the Sword and several sword patterns danced in front of him.

 

Accompanied by the sword dancing, Wang Jingyu seemed to see a long red dragon dancing up and down with his long sword.

 

This feeling of using his arms and fingers made him love the Scarlet Imperial Sword more and more.

 

Compared with the previous rusty sword, the Scarlet Imperial Sword is obviously an artifact like existence.

 

After calming down, Wang Jingyu suddenly discovered the four Spirit rings that Rusty Sword originally possessed have disappeared after it changed into The Imperial Sword, as if they had never been owned before.

 

His Spirit power has now dropped to level 20, which was equivalent to Qian Renxue's innate  Spirit power of level 20 in the original book.

 

Looking at the radiant blade of Chi Xiao Sword, there was no Spirit ring.

 

Wang Jingyu couldn't help hesitating, should he absorb the Spirit ring rewarded by the system now, or wait until a few Spirit rings are completed before absorbing it?

 

After some consideration, Wang Jingyu still decided to absorb that Spirit ring into the first Spirit ring of Chixiao Sword.

 

Anyway, the first Spirit ring is a growth type Spirit ring, and it will change with his strength in the future.

 

{ [ Firmament Sword - Chixiao Sword - Sword of Sovereignty - Emperor's Sword - Imperial Sword]

It's all the same but to remove confusion I'll use Chixiao as the name as it was originally named as such }

 

Maybe in the future, when his strength reaches a certain level, this first Spirit ring will directly turn red, and may even turn red gold.

 

At that time, just standing in front of the crowd, he will be able to scare most of them, how domineering.

 

"Hey, that's it."

 

Wang Jingyu smiled, sat down, and began to absorb the Spirit ring given by the system.

 

After about half an hour, Wang Jingyu slowly opened his eyes. At this moment, there was a sharp light shining in his eyes, as if a sword was coming out of them.

 

He stared at the first Spirit ring, and his expression was obviously taken aback. The color of the first Spirit ring he absorbed was actually purple?

 

No, didn't he read in the original that the first Spirit ring absorption period should be 423 years? How could it be purple?

 

Wang Jingyu's mind was a little buzzing, but after recalling the plot in the original book, he had some vague guesses.

 

Originally, his strength had reached level 47, and the maximum lifespan his body could withstand was about 3000 - 5000 years.

 

So his Spirit ring has automatically evolved to the highest age that his body could bear, which is the purple Spirit ring.

 

This also shows that if Wang Jingyu wants to complete the second to fourth spirit rings in the future, it is best for him to choose a 5000-year old spirit beast, or even higher.

 

For Wang Jingyu, the best spirit ring configuration wass no longer suitable, at least not for the first four spirit rings 

 

Turning his attention to the first Spirit skill.

 

The first Spirit skill is called Long Xing-Xie Xie:

 

 Increase the attack power of one's own party within a range of 20X20 meters by 20%, and suppress the attack power of enemies within the range by 20%.

 

After level 20, the effect of this skill increases by 1% every time the user's strength increases by 5 levels. There is no time limit, but it will consume the user's Spirit power!

 

39