2. The Escape
1.2k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you enjoy my work, consider subscribing to my Patreon and read new chapters before they get posted here!


2. The Escape

"Am I correct in assuming this is an underground base?" Zero-One asked Angela.

The blonde HYDRA guard pulled her pants back up her long, smooth legs. The way the fabric slid over her flawless skin caught the experiment's eye. With a final tug the waistband slipped over the swells of her pert buttocks, hiding that lovely ass from view. Fastening her belt, Angela Hoffman turned to face the man who now held her absolute loyalty. She gave him a bright smile.

"You're right on the money!" Angela chirped, now tying her long, golden hair into a bun. With her arms lifted behind her head, her shirt rose enough to give Zero-One a nice peak at her tight tummy. "We are currently ten levels underground."

Zero-One clicked his teeth together. He took note of two things. The first was that HYDRA had apparently taken rather drastic measures to keep him sealed away. The second was that he was incredibly horny. His cock, not even an hour past being sated, ached to enjoy the pleasures of womanly company again. And Angela was not helping, what with being her beautiful, willing self. Zero-One had to wonder if this was HYDRA's doing or simply part of his nature as a god. Zeus had been infamous for sleeping around, the experiment reminded himself.

In either case, the experiment couldn't afford to let his desires distract him. Not when he was so close to freedom.

"What country are we in?" He asked, setting hardened eyes upon the blonde beauty. He took in her smooth skin, her rosy cheeks, her full, kissable lips… Zero-One frowned, clenching his jaw.

"Argentina." The guardswoman answered, clearly pleased that she was being of assistance. If she noticed his frustration, she didn't show it.

Argentina. Latin-American nation. Official language: Spanish. Population: approximately forty-seven million… And where many nazi officials fled following their defeat at the end of the second world war.

"That figures." Zero-One spoke bluntly. He huffed out air through his nose, setting his hands on his hips. He glanced towards the door to his quarters. "We're underground… How do we get to the surface level from here?"

"Elevator shaft." Angela spoke as if it were the most obvious answer in the world. She moved in close to him, wrapping her arms around one of his own, pressing a gentle kiss to the thick and firm muscle of his shoulder. She gave a gentle giggle as she held his arm between her breasts. It was almost enough to get Zero-One to throw her onto his cot for another tumble in the sheets. But instead, he let her speak. "You can fly straight up to the storage hanger on the ground floor. Really, it's the top floor in this case. Nothing between you from freedom up there but wood, glass, and sheet metal."

That didn't sound so bad. Hell, Zero-One had expected HYDRA to at least have a couple of tanks up there. But apparently not. It wasn't that the hybrid god was against having a fight. It was just that the less he had to deal with, the better. He wasn't just breaking out for himself, after all. After Angela's performance, he figured she'd earned a ride with him. Even if she was part of HYDRA.

"Fly up, huh?" A moment passed before the implication struck him. He turned to stare at Angela, his brow set in a dark line. "You mean I can use all of my powers right now with no problem? HYDRA's not using some inhibitor tech on me?"

"Nope." Angela smirked as she leaned forth and stole a kiss from him. When she pulled back, the blonde was beaming. "The eggheads believed that the mental imprinting they used during your incubation would be enough to keep you docile and obedient."

Zero-One blinked. For a long moment, he simply stared at her smiling face. He pressed his lips into a tight, thin line.

"So these last few months… While I was waiting and plotting… I could have just broken out any time I wanted?" He tried not to sound aghast.

"Yep!" Angela nodded happily. It was a little cute, the hybrid god had to admit. Even if she appeared somewhat bimbo-ish, though that was certainly the fault of his pheromones. Zero-One couldn't stay mad at such a lovely woman. Especially when she drew herself so close to him, all smiles and warmth and gentle touches. She purred into his ear then, "I'm glad you took your time and tested your stamina on me first, though. It makes this daring escape so much more fun!"

Her hot breath was at his ear and Zero-One felt his loin stir. The temptation to rip the clothes from her tight body was potent, casting a thick haze over his mind. But the hybrid experiment remained resolved in his will. Escape now, play later.

"Well… I can't say I disagree." He said to the willing beauty, pulling himself away from her warm touch. He stepped up to the metal door of his personal quarters - his prison cell. He could just open it like normal as he had done for months. But…

Zero-One threw his arm forward, striking the door with a closed fist. He put but a fraction of his strength into the punch… And the metal door crumpled around his hand like foil. It was ripped off of its hinges by the force of his strike, flying backward. The sharp sound of bent and buckling steel filled the air as the wrecked door collided with the outside hall. The twisted mass of metal hit the floor with a clang.

Zero-One stared at his own fist, then at the ruined doorway before him. He smirked.

Then came the blaring sound of an alarm. Zero-One figured it had been triggered by the structural damage he had just inflicted. And that meant that HYDRA personnel would come running.

Armed men. Can't make my escape too easy, can I?

"Wow. Like punching through cardboard…" Said the experiment, taking another glance at the hunk of warped steel that used to be his door. He turned to Angela and saw that the blonde looked as giddy and excited as he felt. "You stay here. I'll clear a path!"

Angela nodded, pulling her side-arm from her holster. She cocked the hammer of her handgun, aiming it at the doorway. Her eyes were filled with equal parts pride, adoration, and desire.

"Go kick some ass, handsome!" She cheered.

And so Zero-One did.


"What's the point of arming your security personnel with weapons that can't hurt the guy that they're supposed to guard?" Zero-One muttered to himself as a rain of bullets flattened uselessly upon his chest.

Of course, no one could hear him over the thunder of their gunfire. The guards were quite literally emptying their magazines into him, hoping that eventually one of their bullets would somehow hurt him.

Eventually, the gunfire petered out as they ran out of ammunition. The hybrid god was left standing in the hall with a ruined shirt and some dozen or so HYDRA guards desperately reloading their weapons. These were the last men on the entire level standing between him and the main elevator shaft. He had to deal with them now so they wouldn't shoot Angela in the back later.

"No power inhibitors, no implanted brain bomb, no kill switch of any kind…" Zero-One mused as he approached the biggest, meanest looking guard of the bunch, a bearded fellow that was taller and larger than the experiment himself. Zero-One stared up at the poor lunk, grinning cheerfully. "It's like you guys wanted me to break out."

The prospect gave Zero-One a moment of pause… Long enough for the bearded brute to draw his pistol and fire it directly into the experiment's face. The muzzle flash was the worst of it, making Zero-One flinch from the brightness of it. The bullet, on the other hand, bounced harmlessly off of the young god's cheek.

There was a moment of deafening silence then. Zero-One tightened his jaw… And glared up at the big son of a bitch. The hybrid god savored the split-second of terror in the other man's eyes before he shot his hand out… And a bolt of bright, silver energy sent the HYDRA mook flying into the opposite wall.

Huh. Energy bolts. That's new. Zero-One looked at his hand, watching the silver hue dissipate over his skin.

Around him, the other HYDRA guards broke ranks and scattered, scrambling away like rats.

I wonder…

Zero-One willed the energy to return, causing his hand to glow once more with silver light. Then he balled his hand into a tight fist and drove it hard into the ground.

BWOOM.

A shockwave of energy flung out in all directions like a tidal wave.

Zero-One lifted his fist from the cracked floor, watching the energy shimmer around his hand before fading away. Surrounding him were a dozen unconscious HYDRA mooks, all lying in heaps on the cold floor. The sublevel was clear of hostiles.

The hybrid god made a quick flight back to his quarters. He found Angela waiting on his cot, just as he told her to. The blonde's eyes brightened when she saw him and her lips curled into a very pleased smile. But Zero-One had no time for sweet words or flirty kisses.

"Does HYDRA want me to break out of here?" Zero-One asked bluntly, his feet touching down as he eased out of levitation. He strode forth with purposeful steps, his back straight and his head held high.

Angela blinked, her smile waning as he came to a stop before her. He crossed his arms, looking upon his pheromone-driven collaborator expectantly.

"Yes. But not necessarily like this." Angela admitted.

"Explain." Zero-One demanded, perhaps a bit too harshly. But they were short on time. He needed answers.

"HYDRA planned on using you as a sleeper agent." Angela explained, somehow sounding so sweet and innocent as the nefarious plan spilled from her lips. "You would be a new superhero under our control. We were going to send you out and you'd infiltrate the hero circles. The Justice League, the Avengers, all the big teams. You would gain their trust and feed us intel."

"So you guys were going to release me anyway." Zero-One frowned.

"Not until we were finished with your subconscious conditioning. The eggheads still needed to complete implanting directives into your mind." Angela said simply. She reached out and took one of his hands, smiling sweetly again. "But that plan clearly isn't working out for them. You're escaping on your terms. The way a god should."

Even when half-drunk on his pheromones, the blonde beauty admittedly made a great point. It was downright insulting for a being like Zero-One to be given his freedom. Gods shouldn't be given anything. Gods take what's theirs. And Zero-One was going to take his life back. His expression softened as he regarded his turncoat helper, the lovely Angela Hoffman.

"Are you ready to get out of here, beautiful?" He asked with a smile.

Angela nodded excitedly, practically bouncing on her feet. Cute enough it was to warm a god's heart. She leapt into his arms then, though with his incredible strength it was of no issue to him. Feeling the softness and warmth of her body under his hands had the god's heart thrumming with a young man's vigor. Zero-One couldn't keep the grin off of his face.

"Hold on tight." He told her.

An instant later, HYDRA's lance took flight.


Angela had been telling the truth. Once they reached the surface level, there was little between them and freedom but for the walls and roof of an empty hanger. Zero-One set down his lovely passenger before blowing away the hanger doors with a burst of silver energy. It came even stronger this time, and still the hybrid god felt he could do so much more.

Then he took her in his arms again and flew them both up into the open air. The sun was shining and the wind was gentle. It was a good day for freedom.

He took in the sights and sounds of the outside world, amazed by the vibrant colors, the serenity of the blue sky above and the green wilderness below. It was one thing to have images of the world implanted into his mind, but another thing entirely to see it with his own eyes. There was no comparison.

He flew and flew and flew, watching the ocean of green trees and wild bushes pass by beneath them. He flew until he was sure HYDRA had no chance of catching up to them. Zero-One then spotted a small clearing in the forest below, right beside a lonely pond. He descended to land.

When he touched down, the hybrid god took a deep breath. Then he released it with a very satisfied sigh.

"Fresh air." He said, wearing a content smile. He set Angela on her feet but kept his hands on her waist. The lady looked as pleased as he did, her golden hair shining dazzlingly in the sunlight. "My first breath taken as a free man. Tastes so damn sweet. But still not as sweet as you."

"Flatterer…" She purred back at him. She pulled him in for a deep kiss.

Her soft lips and warm tongue were heavenly, and Zero-One returned Angela's affection with great fervor. He had a mind to take her right there on the grass, a celebration of his liberation. But it was not to be. The freed god knew that as sweet and wonderful as Angela was, it would be difficult to include her in his plans going forward.

So Zero-One reluctantly broke the kiss.

"I don't mean to ruin the mood," He started, holding the blonde at arm's length. "But you probably need to get a new identity. I don't think HYDRA will take your betrayal lightly."

Angela nodded. She appeared to be taking her new situation in stride, much to Zero-One's surprise.

"I have a local contact that could help with that." She told him. Then she pursed her lips, giving him a once-over as if she was seeing him for the first time. "In fact… I think we should get you a new identity, too."

Zero-One realized that she had a point. He didn't even have a real name, did he? Aside from the dehumanizing moniker he had been using for himself since his creation. A free man needed a real name. And so did a free god.

"My own identity." He mused, grinning. "I like the sound of that. But after that… I think we should split up."

The freed god awaited the waterworks but they never came. Angela only gave him a small pout, accepting his decree without so much as a complaint.

Huh. I suppose my pheromones make women obedient as well as agreeable. Very good to know.

But still he did not wish to part with her on a sad note. Angela did help him escape, after all.

"It's not you." He told her softly, inwardly wincing at such a lame line. But it was the truth. And he hoped to soothe some of her heartache before they went their separate ways. "You were amazing. You are amazing. But I have no intention of laying low. Those superhero teams you were talking about? That's what I'm meant to do. So I'm going to join them. HYDRA won't have a chance at locking me back up. But you? It won't be difficult for them to track you down if you're still associated with me when I make my public hero debut. We're splitting up for your safety, Angela."

The pout remained on her face for a moment. Then her lips curled into a tiny smirk. She pulled him in for another kiss, shorter and softer this time. Then she murmured against his lips in a sweet, honeyed voice.

"I understand, handsome. Anything for you." Angela purred. She gave him another kiss on the cheek, gigging. "C'mon. Let's get you your own name. My contact lives in Buenos Aires…"

28