Chapter 14 – Shopping
1.1k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The petite girl looked upon the figures laying on the ground and her mouth couldn't help but twitch.

'W-What the heck did I just do...?', she cried.

After she calmed down from her frenzied state, Nadia broke out in cold sweat. If she could go back in time, she'd really want to give herself a big slap on the face.

She literally broke character in front of everyone and on top of that, her vicious tongue was released and she cursed at Myers in the worst way possible.

The worst part in all that... is that she actually kicked him in the d*ck!

'Is he still okay? I mean, he was an asshole and all that, but if I broke that part, then I could be sued for the fact that little Myers will never stand up again... y'know what, I'll just erase his memory first... then say it had absolutely nothing to do with me... yeah, let's do that!'

Therefore, she proceeded to erase the memories of all that had happened just now, then replace them with ones that display a scene where they were on the verge of death, then Fen, her contracted Fenir, came out and defeated it. Everyone except for her thought that it was a wild legendary beast, and it had come to save them in the passing.

After contemplating for a while, Nadina decided not to erase the memories of Spade and Lyra because they were pretty much aware of a large portion of her secrets already.

The part about the contract was a bit troubling, so she replaced that part with one where Fen walked up to him, then told Nadina and Ace that they weren't a good match, and that the heavens wouldn't allow the two to be together. In the new set of memories, 'Nadina' was whining like a baby about the fact that she didn't want to annul the engagement, while Ace helplessly did so by force.

After she finished with the memory alteration, Nadina watched as their eyelids slowly fluttered open one by one, and sat up in confusion.

"W-where are we?", asked Liam.

Nadina answered that she was the first to wake up, then saw everyone laying on the ground. 

As everyone gradually started to recall the events that occurred, they all looked up to Fen in reverence.

"I want to aim to become someone like Master Fenir in the future!", said Ace with determination in his eyes and a rare serious expression.

"So, how are we going to explain the marriage annulment to our parents?", Nadina asked him.

"Just tell them the truth, I'm sure they'll understand it.", Ace replied in dismissal, thought deep down in his heart, he unknowingly felt respectful towards Nadina.

"Then let's leave the forest", suggested Lyra.

Everyone agreed to the proposal, as a whole day of work had really tired them out and at the moment, they seriously didn't want to do anything but plop down on a bed.

As they were walking out of the woods, everyone could tell that the forest is starting to gradually regain its vitality and the freshness that's supposed to belong to a forest is also returning.

Myers was the one who ended up holding the bad with the demon head inside. At first, he wanted to turn down the responsibility, but when he saw the threatening look in Nadina's eyes, his d*ck started to hurt and he started to shiver. Thus, all thoughts about rejection instantly dissipated and naturally, he became to one to carry the bloody sack.

The atmosphere between them was quite jittery all the way until everyone arrived outside the perimeters of the forest.

Naturally, there wouldn't be anyone around, as the outside world still thinks that the forest is a cursed area, and dare not carelessly approach it.

That's why the dirty and battered group had to drag their heavy bodies all the way back to the adventurer's guild, and oh boy, I won't even be telling you how horrifying of an experience that was.

Not only was the guild 3 hours away by foot, but everyone also received many weird gazes from the public as they saw a group of disheveled teenagers walk through the capital with one of them carrying a bloody sack, as if they've just committed some unspeakable crime.

When they finally arrived in front of the guild hall, everyone was on the verge of tears as they nearly collapsed right at the entrance. They all secretly swore to never take on the role of an adventurer ever again. It was just way too exhausting!

"Oh? Have you lot finally completed your quest?", asked Briana without even considering the possibility of failure since a monster like Nadina joined their team.

"Barely, but thankfully, yes.", Liam said in a tone that indicated that he was full of fatigue.

"Congratulations! Thank you for your hard work! Please come upstairs to the guild master's office for verification of your goods!"

"Okay."

They walked up to the second floor and arrived at the guild mater's headquarters. Nadina took a look at and evaluated that there wasn't that much difference between this one and Lexis's.

They went in and saw Evan sitting at his table, leisurely looking over a stack of papers while sipping some tea.

"Guild Master, the young adventurer's that took on the demon subjugation quest this morning are back with the goods. Please inspect them."

"Oh, you lads are finally back, eh? Sure kept me waiting for a while."

"We're sorry for our incompetence, however, we hope that you'd please take into account the fact that the demon had mutated into a low-tier high class demon.", stated Nadina with confidence in her tone as she opened the bag.

"What?!", both Evan and Briana were ultimately shocked at this piece of news and carefully appraised the head before coming to a firm conclusion that what she said was indeed true.

"It's like she said, the demon we hunted down somehow managed to make a breakthrough into a high class demon before we arrived.", affirmed Ace.

"This... We'll definitely increase the mission rewards for hunting, however the more worrying matter is, how did you manage to kill this thing?"

Everyone knew that Fen told them not to tell anyone about its identity, so they hesitated before replying

"That... we, uhh... had pretty good coordination with one another and managed to injure the demon to a certain extent. At the end, it was Nadina who used her trump card to overpower and finish it off.", Liam shamelessly bullsh*tted while making Nadina the scapegoat.

Nadina the scapegoat: "..."

Fine! In a sense, that was pretty much true!

Meanwhile, Evan and Briana eyed her with a 'what did you do this time' face and similarly, Spade and Lyra also gave her a 'did you forget to erase his memories' look. The four shook their heads at this reckless and incompetent little girl who couldn't seem to sit still without creating a ruckus.

Nadina the reckless and incompetent little girl: "..."

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ This seriously has nothing to do with me!

She felt very wronged, but what could she do? It wasn't worth it to go OOC again just for the sake of placating her belly full of anger.

The others were unaware of the short conflict going on between the other five and bid each other farewell as they hurriedly collected their rewards and headed home without a second thought.

"Remember to meet at the same place tomorrow at the same time!", Liam shouted at the retreating figures, while he, himself, was headed back to the academy at full speed.

Nadina did the same and arrived back at the academy on the same carriage Lyra took. 

The two suddenly transformed into Olympic sprinters as they scurried back to their room at full speed.

Nadina quickly whipped up something random for dinner and the two gobbled it down, even fighting for the last piece of meat as if they haven't had any for decades.

She then used her creation magic to create an aromatic medicinal bath bomb as the two took a nice hot dip inside the tub.

They both took a deep sigh at the comfortable sensation that they seemed to have not experienced for years, and it took nearly all their willpower to be able to part with the cozy tub.

With a 'good night', the two dove straight for their beds and dozed off to sleep without another word.

Everyone else who came along on this trip felt the same as they anticipated the arrival of the next day.

- - - - - - - - - -

There was no need to play the game of pretend anymore. A new arrival of a new day indicated that it was time for change.

She already broke off all ties with Ace yesterday and there was nothing left for her to do, so today, after thinking about it for a while, she thought that there was honesty no harm in being OOC anymore. There was truly no need for her to act like someone she wasn't, therefore she decided not to.

Nadina wore a simple set of clothes that consisted of a white shirt, a black leather jacket, a black laces choker, and simple navy blue ripped jeans. This was a not-yet-released outfit set in her company, Le Dragon D'or, which truly showcased the glamour of modern clothing. 

At first, people thought they looked weird and were kind of like "beggar clothing", however, they slowly got intrigued by the products of her malls and decided to try them out. Now, it had become a new trend to start wearing clothing designed by her company.

Even the king and queen would wear them when they had nothing to do.

The set she was wearing right now was a really hot product back on Earth and many people loved it, especially the materials they were made out of. She didn't start to sell them because she was honestly just too lazy to do so and she had gotten her hands full with school affairs these days.

Nadina seemed to have learned her lesson from yesterday as she became the first to arrive at the adventurer's guild today, that is after buying a few... hundred snacks from the food stalls and greeting everyone along the way. She decided not to wake Lyra, who was sleeping like the dead on the opposite bed, as payback for ditching her yesterday.

Nadina arrived at 8:30 AM, a whole half an hour earlier than planned, so she hung out around the table closest to the front desk, where Briana works.

The two chatted for a while about what actually happened yesterday and when Nadina finished telling her side of the story, Briana once again made a fact that said, 'so it really was your fault'.

Nadina was so enraged that she ended up sulking for the next ten minutes.

The first to arrive was naturally Liam and Ace, who were quite startled with her unusual choice of clothing.

What she was wearing was perfectly normal, and that's why it's really bizarre. Nadina wore anything BUT ordinary attire.

In the first place, she had inherited the good-looks that her parents had, so the way she appeared right now without all that makeup and excess jewelry was nothing short of drop dead gorgeous. There probably weren't any girls that were able to compete with her and she could attract the attention of many wherever she goes.

Take Liam and Ace as an example, both of them were blushing at the sight of such a beauty, even the usually composed Ace and happy-go-lucky Liam.

"Hello? Sairale to Liam and Ace~", Nadina yelled.

Only then did the two snap out of their enchanted state and regain clarity of the current situation. Although they were embarrassed at their earlier actions of standing there and staring like idiots, they comforted themselves with the excuse of: anyone would do so if put in their shoes.

One by one, the crew started to assemble and everyone else's reactions weren't much different from Ace and Liam's, which made them feel better, if not, a little smug about the fact that the two didn't have as much of a dumbstruck look on their faces as they did.

"Yo Naddy~ What's with the sudden change?", asked Lyra.

She replied with a simple, "I finished what I needed."

"Mmm, yeah. Does that mean we can just be as we always are from now on?"

"Mhm"

"Oh my god, seriously?!", Spade cried out.

"... Not you. It's better if you just stay put"

"Waahhh! No way! Why is that brat allowed to while I'm not?!", the cold prince of Nokoyami,  Spade, started acting babyish under the bewildered gazes of everyone else.

"Who're you callin' a brat, huh?", Lyra roared.

"I don't see anyone else who's being a brat other than you. Oh gosh, don't tell me that on top of being a brat, you're also blind?!", he retorted with a dramatic faked surprised face.

"Spade. You. Are. Dead. Meat!"

"Try me!"

"You're on!"

"Did you two imbeciles forget what we gathered here for? Chill!", said Nadina as she slammed their foreheads together. 

"Sorry...", they both grumbled, clearly being salty about the fact that they weren't allowed to fight it out.

Nadina was pretty speechless at this.

If you two want to fight, go ahead! But don't drag her into this and make her the main reason for their dispute!

Why does she feel like dropping the villainess act is harder than just keeping it?!

Meanwhile, all the other people watching this drama unfold: "..."

Aren't you forgetting something here?! We didn't tag along to watch this farce!

They were very confused at what was happening right now, but dared not voice any questions because the air between Lyra and Spade was already very tense! Saying anything at all would equal to seeking death, so they silently chose to keep their mouths shut.

"All right! How about we start out plans for today? After all, the project is due tomorrow!", said Liam in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Sure, but where are we going?" Melodie asked him.

"Good question! Do you guys know that really popular and somewhat new mall that appeared in the capital? The one named Le Dragon D'or and no one knows who the owner of that place is?"

"Of course! It's like, the richest and most well-known place to go buy whatever you need in all of Sairale!"

"We're going to be going there today to shop! Everything they sell there is very unique, so I hope that we can all gain some inspiration for this project while browsing through their merchandise today! Everything you purchase today is on Ace because he's richer than I am!"

Ace the rich dude: "..."

"Aaaaahhh! I'm so excited! There are things which commoners like me can afford, but the other half of the store is filled with things that only nobles have enough money for! This is a once in a lifetime chance!"

Ace the rich dude: "..."

Had anyone asked for my opinion before they just decided to bankrupt me?! As a prince, I still have my pride, you know?

He then looked towards his ex-fiance with eyes filled with unsolved grievances.

Nadina just gave him a 'what an idiot' look. 

...

Fine, maybe he was a lot richer than anyone else here. Ace felt as if the mysterious image he built up is slowly crumbling.

Little did he know, his ex-fiance is actually the owner of the shop they were going to. If he did, he'd probably cry an endless river of tears.

(ಥ﹏ಥ)

- - - - -

The group arrived in front of the mall and they were stunned.

The last time they came here was a while ago and now that the look at it, the place seemed to have gone over a complete renovation.

The whole building was made mainly of glass and you could see everything reflected inside and there was a refreshing, tropical feel to it due to the numerous palm trees planted outside. It looked to be at about 7 stories tall, the highest piece of architecture in Pafizika, and everything looked so bedazzling and out of this world.

As people who haven't experienced the power of modern things, everyone was absolutely fascinated by this strange looking, yet attractive building.

Nadina, herself, was also a bit surprised as she had only instructed her puppet servants to make the place have a futuristic feel to it, but she didn't expect something so... incredible.

Sure enough, it feels more more 'at home' when one encounters something familiar.

'Maybe I should aim for something that might've been built in the interstellar era instead...', she pondered, 'Yeah, let's do that! I'll aim to build high tech malls all around my realm so I can further the development of Plane 105! The only problem is all the goddamn math and science involved with this crap... urgh, I'll just go instruct my puppets to figure something out. My brain hurts just thinking about those days where I still had to go do homework problems... Thank god school is much easier now, or I'd seriously question the meaning of my second life!'

They went inside and the interior of the structure was even more enchanting than the exterior because there were spiraling escalators, crystalline chandeliers, a few high tech drones, as well as a gorgeous marble elevator right in the middle of the lobby, leading all the way to the upper floors. Every ground had its own unique theme, as the lower 3 were for things that commoners could afford, while the upper 4 were for more expensive products made for nobles.

Once again, Spade and Lyra, the only ones in the know about the identity of the owner, gave Nadina a look of wanting to open up her brain to see how many more bizarre ideas there were inside.

However in the end, all the girls squealed in delight, while the boys had eyes shining like stars, as if they were barely holding back the urge to just rush inside and explore every nook and cranny of this place. 

"Okay, calm down everyone! We'll be traveling in pairs of 2 so everything becomes more efficient and we can cover more ground.", Ace said as he handed out everyone's share of money.

"Yup! The first group is Lyra and Nicolas. You two are in charge of looking around the 1st and 2nd floors. Once you're done, you can buy anything on any of the other ones, the same goes for all of you here. Group two is Myers and Reito, you two go look through the 3rd and 4th floors. Group three is Spade and Ace, you're in charge of the 5th and 6th floors. Finally, Nadina and... oh wait, Melodie, where's your partner?", Liam asked.

"I-I uhh.. was hidden in a random corner of the class so I ended up alone..."

"... Alright then, join our group. Melodie, Nadina and I will be on the 7th floor, which is also the largest one."

"What the hell?! No fair! You guys get three people and only have to explore one floor!", Lyra complained.

"God.. not only are you blind and a huge brat, but you're also deaf! Didn't you hear me say that the 7th floor is the biggest one? It says right on these pamphlets that were handed out that the 7th floor is insulated with a spatial array, making it 2-3 times larger than all the other floors. It is also where all the auctions are held."

"Y-you didn't say that! You only said it was larger! How was I supposed to know if it was 1 square meter larger or 3 times larger?! Also, you're the deaf one! You're whole family's deaf!"

"What did you say!"

Ace the 'deaf' person who was dragged into this because he coincidentally happened to be part of Liam's 'family': "..."

Where's the justice in this world?!

"Come on ya'll, just shut your traps alright? What are you waiting for? Let's start our shopping spree!"

34