Chapter 1 – Pilot
293 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Four years of running, huh. So, this is the end?” I muttered and then put my last cigarette in my mouth.

Clicking noise from my mechanical lighter chimed distinctly in this quiet night while I igniting my cigarette. It was bitter, why did I even start smoking back then?

I looked at my surroundings and saw many enemies pointed their varied weapons towards me – swords, magic wands, spears, grimoires, and other high-grade unconventional weapons. They were densely packed; I couldn’t even saw any gap on this crowded enemies. These people also swarming the sky with their magical wings.

They used the best weapon and many army-grade types of equipment to kill this old man. What a waste of a budget. Even if they used a fraction of this personnel, killing this talentless old-man still will be an easy task.

One person who looked like a commander stepped forwards and then shouted, “Murphy. This is your last chance, tell us where they are, and we’ll forgive all of your sins without exception.”

“Sin? Don’t make me laugh. Since when it became sin for a father to protect his innocent daughters?” I replied with another screaming.

‘And even if it is, do I really need your forgiveness?’

I had many mistakes, but this one was not one of them.

The commander was silent while looking at my defenceless figure before making a hand gesture to order his lackey to attack me.

“Catch him alive. As long he was alive, we could make him a hostage to lure out his daughters.”

I closed my eyes, reminiscing the past with my daughters. Bloods may not relate us, but even stronger bonds tied us. Even in the next life, I hope we can be family again.

I remembered it like yesterday when I found abandoned little baby inside a basket in the front of my house.

It was a warring period, many still considered female and children as a burden, let alone both. It was a sad sight, parents abandoned their children; husband sold their wives, only because they thought the other party was a burden for their survival.

What a world to live in.

Maybe it was because I grew old and lonely, I who usually detached with this kind of thing chose to take care of her. At first, I felt it was very troublesome, her foods must be picked carefully, her cries were exasperating and intermittent, and I must learn many things about babies. However, when she said her first word with a smile directed towards me, I felt everything was worth it.

Years passed; in that time, more parents abandoned their children on my terrace. If only I knew who they were, I'd beat them for doing immoral things like this. Didn’t they think about how it’ll influence the child psyche when the child realised that even their parents don’t desire them?

Was their heart made of stone?

I chose to raise them all. My financial may take a hit, but I didn’t think it was more important than these children lives at that time. Maybe, years becoming a father influence how my minds worked.

All of them developed like my first daughter, they grew up as a refined and talented child. My first daughter acted like their big sister and sometimes gave them self-defence lectures.

To be honest, her ability in fighting already surpassed me long ago, well, it was a low bar to exceeding me, but still, her growth rate was fast. It was kind of scary, but as her father I can’t help but felt proud of her.

Not only her, but all of them also appeared very gifted in their domain, even though I can’t measure who above who. It’s no doubt that they’ll create a new era for this world, and I proud to become their stepping stone to a much wider world.

Even so, they still loved to be pampered by me and a bit clingy, but it was natural for children at their age. They were a cute child, but I may cry later when they found their partner in life.

They are outstanding children, they won’t find any difficulty in that aspect.

However, their talent that brought this situation. Even as teenagers, their existence considered as a dangerous threat by this world upper echelons.

The united worldwide organisation tried to hunt them down and capture them alive if that was possible. Well, that was their plan, but I’m sorry, you’ll only get me. I knew my children already run far away from this place.

I gazed at the charging soldier in front of me with a little smile.

“Goodbye,” I murmured quietly with a little tear appear in the corner of my eyes.

‘I’ll make sure that everyone safe.’

The commander realised something was wrong and repeatedly shouted, “Back off, Back off. Something was wrong.”

But it was too late. I activated the hidden trigger on my body.

‘Please forgive me for using your invention to kill people.’

*Boom* *Boom*

 

Series of explosions reverberated on this silent night; the orange colour overwhelmed the dark for a full minute before it dies off.

And just like that. I died without leaving a corpse.

***

[10 Years Later]

In a vibrant white room, a gorgeous red-haired lady stood next to a gigantic golden altar. She was wearing black leather clothes with fur on its neck contrast with her milky white skin. She had a tender body, but despite her fragile and alluring frame, she emitted menacing aura continuously.

Above the altar, a shining translucent chalice appeared from thin air.

Not long after, a small fairy appeared from a portal. It looked at the chalice with a confused look while tilting its head.

“You can become a sovereign of this universe; you could get immeasurable wealth or knowledge that ever exist; you even can become a Goddess, ruling everything of your choice. Won’t you regret to choose this glass chalice as your prize?” the fairy flew around while asking the lady.

“I already choose it. So, give it to me.” The red-haired lady roared.

“You still can change it, you know?”

“Did I stutter? I said I wanted it. Become sovereign? I could conquer a universe on my own. Wealth? I already saw a planet made from mithril. Knowledge? I could just ask my sister. So, I won’t repeat it once more,” the lady step forwards while emitting her bloodlust. “Give. Me. My. Fucking. Winning. Prize.”

“Fine, fine. I’ll give it to you,” the fairy said with sweat flowing incessantly.

‘Fuck. I never expected a mere [Player] dared to threaten me,’ the fairy cursed silently, however when it remembered how strong this [Player] was, it knew better to just shut up.

The fairy swung its hand, and the chalice above the altar became a streak of light. The chalice appeared soon on the lady’s hand. She grasped it carefully as though she didn’t want to put any scratch to it.

With a small smile, she embraced it cautiously and dearly like it’s more important than her soul.

She closed her eyes and then with quivering lips she whispered one word.

“Resurrect.”

8