Chapter 04 – Darkness Is Calling Me
1.5k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He started to feel a strange sensation in that place, a desire to go into the middle of the darkness, as if something was pulling him inside, but that was clearly not normal. Even though he wasn't afraid, he couldn't just give in to that strange feeling. The chance of it being something dangerous was very high.

Ethan decided to just turn the body back to the path he was following and pretend it hadn't happened, at least for the time being.

Arriving home, he found a small note from his mother on the table that said:

"Hi Ethan, I hope your first day of school was awesome. I have pasta ready for you in the pot in the fridge. You just need to warm it up, but if you find it too difficult, I can bring you a snack to eat later" - Too difficult? Is noodle going to fight me or something? - "If you need to talk to me, I left Mom's work number written on the refrigerator door. Don't forget to take the clothes to the son's basket. And don't forget: Mommy loves you very much."

- Cute - The boy thought, as he put the note back on the table and went towards the fridge.

He took the pot of pasta from the refrigerator and placed it on one of the burners on the stove, while he took a small empty glass on top of the sink and added a small amount of water, immediately placing it inside the pot to heat the pasta.

Ethan began to think about how he could find out more about his past and current lives. He had a few flashbacks depending on what action he was doing, so he just had to figure out exactly which triggers he needed to remember.

He remembered that there could still be more in that old cell phone that he had, so while he sat down to eat, the boy decided to take the cell phone out of his pocket and dig around while he ate.

That's when he saw that strange name on the cell phone 'King666Draco' again. He had just received a message from this contact that said:

"What the fuck is your problem, Ethan? We need you to exterminate with Dark Demon Drenath." - Demon of Darkness Drenath? My body couldn't even heat pasta and fight demons? - "Do you think you can abandon the clan like that? Just like that?"

Ethan stared at the message for a while without much reaction. It was really confusing for him. How could such a soft boy have a clan that messes with things from beyond. He started uploading all the messages looking for an answer, but they only had banal conversations about their lives, random girls and school. Until he arrived in a conversation that clarified everything for him:

"Hey Draco, I don't think I'll be able to participate in the sessions anymore" - Ethan

"Huh? What are you talking about?" - King666Draco

"My mom told me tonight that we're moving to Forks next week. I won't be able to go to your house anymore :( , but you can call Joe to replace me. He had said that day that he wanted to participate" - Ethan

"Are you kidding? This guy can't even leave the house without his mom. I doubt she'll let him participate in a roleplaying session with demons" - King666Draco

Ah, so it's about an RPG. I should have guessed that before, it was the most obvious - Ethan thought, as he put his cell phone on the table and went back to savoring that pasta.

After finishing eating, the boy washed the dishes in the sink and decided to go up to his room. Perhaps digging through some of the boy's items would help him find more information.

He started rummaging through all the drawers and boxes, but he couldn't find anything interesting. Just a few pieces of clothing and old video games.

After a while, Ethan noticed that it was already getting dark and getting colder, so he decided to take a shower. The boy took the towel and went straight to the hot shower, from the bathroom that was next to his room.

When finished, Ethan wrapped the towel around his waist and directed his body to the bedroom and closed the window overlooking the street, wanting to prevent anyone from seeing him naked.

He turned from the window and walked over to the light switch next to the door, but before he could flip it, Ethan noticed something odd. That feeling was present again. That feeling of someone pulling him into the darkness was happening again, but this time it was different. It was good.

The boy stood with his hand outstretched in front of the switch. His fingers could almost touch to turn on the light, but he wanted to understand what was going on. He felt something around his body, like energy, but it was different, it could best be described as a dense shadow.

The boy moved his body to the darkest corner of the room and noticed that this feeling was getting stronger. He quickly understood that the darker it got, the more the sensation would increase.

Ethan grabbed the first outfit he saw and quickly put it on. It was a burgundy sweatshirt and black sweatpants, along with white socks.

Soon after, the boy walked quickly to the door and closed it, placed the wet towel in front of the window to cover all the cracks and sat on the floor, in the middle of the room, where it was darker.

He felt like something was going through his veins, and more and more he felt revitalized, as if he had slept for hours at a time. That was good and made the boy's body go into ecstasy. He stood in the middle of the room for a few long minutes. It was like he was really being carried, however, he still felt like it wasn't enough. It seemed to take too long before he started to feel his body freeze because of the cold that night and he was sitting on the floor.

Ethan, then, sat on the bed and covered himself with the blanket, making a hut, getting a little warmer and leaving the environment completely dark.

With that, he felt a very quick current of energy coursing through his veins. The boy's body became static, he almost couldn't move, it looked like he wasn't strong enough to handle so much energy entering him.

The boy's hands gripped the blanket very tightly. It wasn't anything that hurt, but it seemed like too much for Ethan.

A few minutes after standing still under the blanket, Ethan falls back, with his head on the pillow, as if he's reached his limit and lies for a while, trying to recover and understand what had just happened. He felt his whole body relaxed and he no longer felt that energy raging through his body. It was as if Ethan had just had an orgasm, but it was so much better and so much more intense.

The boy took a deep breath and lifted his body, sitting on the bed with his eyes closed.

When he finally decided to open his eyes, Ethan had a surprise: The room, which before was completely pitch black, now seemed to have the lights on. The boy could see in the dark.

57