Chapter 08 – Who are the Cullens?
1.2k 8 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They are Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's adopted children," Jessica responds. "They moved here from Alaska a few years ago," she added as she eyed them surreptitiously with Angela.

"They… are really into themselves," Angela said as she fiddled with her glasses.

"Yes, because they are always together. Like, really together", she said, looking at Bella, but soon turning her face back.

Ethan watched closely as the new family entered the cafeteria door, as he listened to Jessica's words.

"That girl, she's Rosalie and the guy with her is Emmett," Jessica said, as a tall, pretty blonde girl walks in with her hands clasped in the hands of a tall, strong guy with short black hair. "They are one thing. I don't even know if that's legal", she completed, pointing at them surreptitiously.

"Oh Jes, they are not related," Angela said, trying to defend the couple.

"Yeah, but they live together, it's weird", Jessica replied, disconcerted by the situation.

- No, no. She's right! That's really weird, they're practically brothers - Ethan thought as he waited for the next ones to enter. - As far as I remember, now it's that couple with that weird guy and… Alice - The moment Ethan looked at her, his heart stopped. Alice was simply the most beautiful girl he had seen in his entire life. Her eyes were bright yellow and her smile was kind and welcoming. Ethan fell in love the instant his eyes met hers.

"The short one with the dark hair is Alice. She's pretty weird," Jessica said as she walked over to Bella to whisper.

"And those in the back are Jasper and Emma," Jessica said, looking at the couple coming up behind Alice.

- Wait, what? Emma? Who is Emma? Ethan thought, shaking his head to compose himself. When he looked behind Alice, he noticed a new couple arriving. He didn't understand why there was one more character in the story and why Jasper and Alice weren't together. Perhaps he had entered an alternate twilight universe, and not necessarily the one in the movie.

"Um, Doctor Cullen is like, foster father and matchmaker," Jessica said with a small laugh.

- What the fuck is going on? - Ethan thought, crossing his arms and with a slightly worried expression.

"He could adopt me," Angela commented, letting out a small laugh along with Jessica.

Bella didn't seem to have the slightest sense of humor and stared blankly at the front door.

Ethan noticed and stared along, praying that the next one to enter would be Edward. He was concerned about how different this universe was from what he had seen.

"What about him?" Bella shook her head slightly, indicating someone else was coming through the door.

At that moment, Ethan saw a tall, thin guy, frighteningly pale, walk through the door. His eyes were yellow, but not like Alice's. They seemed to be dead and empty.

- He really seems to be dead. It doesn't even make sense that he managed to conquer so many women. I just can't confirm he's really dead because for some reason he looks like he wants to go to the bathroom - Ethan looked at Edward with an uncomfortable expression.

"That's Edward Cullen," Angela said as everyone followed him with their gazes. "He's a tremendous hottie, it's obvious," she added, biting her lip.

- Hey? Am I blind? - Ethan looked at Angela's face, perplexed by what he had just heard.

"But it looks like no one here is good enough for him," Jessica said, as she turned her attention back to the meal she'd barely touched yet. "But I don't care, you know?", he added, trying to hide it.

Suddenly, as Edward walked in front of Bella, she opened her mouth as if she were having an orgasm and followed him with her eyes until he sat down at the table with the rest of his group.

- What was this? - Ethan thought, looking at Bella, who couldn't take her eyes off that zombie for 2 seconds.

"Seriously, don't even waste your time," Jessica prodded, bringing Bella back to reality.

"I didn't even think about that," Bella replied, immediately turning her gaze to Edward, who was now also staring at her as if he was going to jump on her neck and rip Bella's throat out.

Everyone returned their focus to the table, but Bella and Edward continued to stare at each other, as if they didn't realize how scary this was. Angela, Ethan and Jessica stared at each other, a bit confused by what was going on.

Ethan, to avoid that uncomfortable atmosphere, rubbed his neck, giving a slight cough.

"So, what are you going to have class on now?" he asked, but he couldn't stop noticing the two weirdos in the corner.

Edward's eyelashes were closing tighter and tighter as Bella did the same. It looked like the two were in a deadly competition of who would blink first, but at the same time flirting with each other.

Angela's eyes widened and Ethan replied, trying to act naturally:

"Oh, I think my class is math now," and he let out a small, forced laugh.

"Mine is Spanish," Jessica replied, tapping her fingertips together.

"It's fucked up…", Ethan, ended the conversation, wishing he could get out of there. "I think I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back", he completed, getting up from the table and leaving quickly.

Ethan walked to the bathroom and entered one of the stalls. He sat in one of the vases with the lid closed, just thinking about what was going on.

- If Alice isn't with Jasper, I could invest in her, right? - He thought momentarily. - What? What am I thinking? This is not the focus. Alice is not with Jasper. There is an Emma. So reality has changed, and does that mean conflicts can be different? - He thought as he rubbed his hand on his chin. - Why the powers? Got something bigger? - Ethan thought.

Before he can think about it any further, Ethan hears the bell ringing, indicating that classes have started.

He gets up and walks towards the class. He had shut down his own body and was just running on automatic as he thought about what might happen in the future.

In that, Ethan opens the bathroom door without any care and hits someone who was behind the door.

"Here," the person says, and then there is a noise on the floor.

Ethan steps away from the door and closes it quickly, trying to understand what had happened.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see…", Ethan freezes.

When he looked down, Alice was picking herself up off the floor, a little dizzy from the slamming of the door on her head.

"It's okay," she says with a gentle laugh. "I'm Alice, what's your name?", she completes, extending her hand towards Ethan.

"Oh, I'm Ethan, nice to meet you", he replies, shaking the girl's hand.

----

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 4+ advanced chapters on Patreon! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patreon.com/toToru

49