Chapter 35 – School Trip
359 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan took a shower, got dressed, and went downstairs, for coffee.

"What are you doing up at this hour? Today is Saturday." Enid asked confused, as she watched TV and had a cup of hot coffee.

"I have a school outing today...". Ethan said, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. "I have to get there in a little while!".

"Field trip? You didn't even say anything to me...". Enid said, getting up to make breakfast for Ethan.

"No need to prepare anything, no! I'll just eat an apple and that's fine!". Ethan said, taking a bite of the apple, which tasted sweet.

"Do you want me to drive you? I just need to grab a jacket." Enid said, smoothing Ethan's hair, which hadn't even brushed that morning.

"If it's not going to bother you, I do!". Ethan said, with his mouth full.

Enid went upstairs to her room to get a blouse while Ethan put his backpack on his back, getting ready to leave.

Then they headed out to the car, on their way to school.

"It's a ride to where?" Enid asked.

"Those places that grow vegetables inside an awning... I forget the name.". Ethan replied, trying to remember.

"... A greenhouse?" Enid asked, looking confused at Ethan, as his explanation had been terrible.

"That's right!". Ethan replied, raising his finger up in approval.

After a few minutes in silence, they arrive at the school. Enid finally parks the car near the entrance, and Ethan doesn't have to walk a few feet until he reaches the school entrance.

When he arrives, he finds Mike standing in the doorway of the school alone.

"Hey, Mike!" Ethan says, extending his hand to greet his friend.

"Hey Ethan, check out Eric over there!". Mike said, pointing his finger toward Eric, who was standing near them, standing in front of Bella.

"What's he doing?". Ethan asked, looking at Eric.

"He's trying to ask Bella out, haha! I told him that she doesn't seem to be interested in short guys, but he told me to go fuck myself. Now I'm waiting for him to come back with his tail between his legs." Mike said, crossing his arms as he continued to stare at Bella and Eric.

"I wanted to ask you, you know... I was wondering...". Eric was saying to Bella, stammering that he wasn't paying attention. "I know it's still a month away from happening, but haha... wouldn't you... like to go... to the dance...?". Eric said, shyly, and looked at Bella.

Bella looked back at him, confused.

"So, what do you think?". Eric asked her.

"About what?". Bella asked, making it clear that she hadn't been paying attention to Eric.

"You want to go, haha... To the dance... With me, are you in?". Eric said, embarrassed

"Oh me... The dance... Dancing...". Bella said, awkwardly. "That's not a good idea for me. I have a thing this weekend. I'm going to Jacksonville this weekend. Bella said, trying to look away from Eric.

"Oh, can't you go to Jacksonville another weekend? Eric tried to insist, a little desperate at Bella's answer.

"It's non-refundable ticket...". Bella said, making excuses for Eric. "You should call Angela. I know she wants to go with you...". Bella completed, looking at Angela.

Eric looked back and saw Angela wiping her glasses on her blouse, not realizing they were talking about her.

"Okay, okay, okay...". Eric replied, clumsily. Then he turned and walked toward Mike and Ethan.

"I told you!" Mike said, laughing.

"You're an idiot, Mike!". Eric said, irritated. "And for your information, she's not going with me because she has an appointment in Jacksonville... She didn't deny my invitation because I'm short!". Eric added.

"Hey guys, what's up? Come on... We have to go! We have to go! Green, what is it? It's good! Then let's go!". Mr. Molina started yelling, asking the students to get on the buses.

"Green is good? What?" Ethan said, wondering what the phrase Mr. Molina was talking about meant.

"Don't worry, he's always saying stuff like that. Just ignore it!". Mike said, patting Ethan on the back, so that they walked toward the bus.

When they got there, Mike, Ethan, and Tyler sat in the last seats.

Alice and Edward got on the same bus as them. Ethan saw Alice get on and gave her a little smile, along with a wave of his hand. Alice looked up into his face, but then looked away and sat down. Edward, who was behind her, stared at Ethan for a few seconds and then sat down.

Ethan was confused by this, but ignored it. He preferred to talk to Alice when they got to the place.

"Hey Mike, I heard you asked Jessica out today! Naughty boy!" Tyler said, lightly patting Mike's arm.

Ethan heard that and felt his heart squeeze. He really wasn't ready to see Jessica go out with another guy.

"Yeah, I didn't even tell you, did I, Ethan? I asked her to the movies tonight. Mike said, looking at Ethan, who didn't look very comfortable with the situation.

"Haha, yeah! And what did she say?". Ethan asked, a little reclusive.

"I won't deny that it took her a while to get back to me, but of course I'm fucked up! She accepted right off the bat!". Mike replied, bragging, as Tyler celebrated with him.

Ethan gave a short little laugh and turned to the window, not wanting to talk about that subject anymore.

After an hour or so, they finally arrived at the place. There it was like a park full of trees. In the middle were several small white greenhouses.

The students got off the buses and headed for the greenhouses.

"I want you all to line up here in front of me. Let's go in carefully. Don't touch the plants! If I see any of you destroying any plant, it will be deducted from your final grade. Mr. Molina said, trying to organize the students in line.

Ethan and Mike got in line with their classmates as they laughed at the random jokes they were making. As the students got off the buses, Ethan saw Jessica getting off. She was accompanied by Bella and Angela, who were getting off right behind her.

Jessica looked at Ethan, turning both of them red. They looked away at the same instant, trying to disguise their embarrassment.

"Look at Jessica over there!" Mike said, pointing at Jessica and nudging Ethan. "Hi, Jessica! Come here with us!". He shouted, calling the girls over to them.

Jessica gave a witless little smile and went with the girls to the end of the line, ignoring Mike.

"Hm? What's gotten into her?" He wondered confused.

The students began to enter the greenhouse. It was surrounded by healthy, bright plants. The smell inside was strong, but pleasant.

"Hey, kids. Help me out here!". Me. Molina said, calling Ethan, Mike, Eric and Tyler close to him.

They followed the teacher as the other students walked through the greenhouse, admiring the surrounding plants.

"Come on, I'll show you how to use this compost bin!". Mister Molina said, excitedly. "Eric, I want you to knead everything I throw in there, please!". Mr. Molina said, pulling Eric close to the compost bin.

"Yes, sir, teacher!" Eric said excitedly, while his friends also seemed super excited about the class.

Mr. Molina was a really cool teacher, which made most of the students interested in his class.

"Eggshells, carrot leaves, compost... Cool! Now put that in here, Eric." Mr. Molina said, throwing the ingredients into the machine.

"Yes, sir!" Eric said excitedly, as he kneaded the materials into the compost bin.

"Very good! Very good!". Mister Molina said, stooping down with a glass mug that looked like a beer drinking mug.

"Now I'm going to make a hot cup of tea... of compost." Mr. Molina said, showing the boys.

"Oh, let me see this here!". Tyler then held up the cup of compost tea, super excited, and began

"Yeah! That's recycling in its most basic form!". Teacher said, getting excited with the boys.

Tyler, then, started walking backwards and trying to drink what was inside the cup.

"TYLER! DON'T DRINK!" Mr. Molina started walking towards the student, trying to stop him from drinking the brown liquid. "IT'S FOR THE PLANTS, TYLER!". He shouted, as everyone laughed.

Ethan started laughing at Tyler, with the other students, and ended up bumping into Alice, who was right behind him.


 

I've made a Patreon to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 18+ advanced chapters on Patreon! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patreon.com/toToru

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

15